Newbie 1888 | Stuff I Found Online IV | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:40 am

Post by the worst »

xx2008, what's your take on both volxen and MR at the moment? (and probably me by extension :P)

any chance you could throw me a quick rough reads list?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 384, Mister Rogers wrote:Just passing through on a break. After reading Volx's excellent post above, I was brought to think that I would expect from Worst something like a mixture of town reads, a focus on at least one scum and with reasoning. I agree that just throwing out town reads and saying "I know this this scummy but its OK because I know its scummy", is still scummy, in the area of lazy-scum. I mean where is the burning desire to actually scum hunt?

I don't want to sound like a jerk or anything (because I seem to be really good at that apparently) but this town NEEDS a pro-active Worst to the degree that we can at least catch the hint of a town heartbeat here.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:53 am

Post by volxen »

@The Worst, I'm more than willing to engage with you and have a back-and-forth conversation. But first I need to know the answer to this question: are you even open to the possibility of town!Volxen, or are you completely convinced in your mind beyond all doubt that I am scum? Because if it's the latter, then I don't even see how we can meaningfully engage with each other, as you will just continue to respond to all of my posts saying "there goes Volxen scumsplaining again".

You and FormerFish have been death tunneling me ever since he entered the game. You are currently my top scumread, but I am also not 100% confident in my scumread of you, either. I'm open to the possibility of a town!TW that has just been completely misguided in his read of me. A large part of why I am scumreading you, is because, in my opinion, you have been incredibly narrow-minded in your death tunneling on me, and I would expect a town!TW to make a more wide-view and open-minded outlook on the game.

Either you are just scum, or something has gone wrong that has caused you to horrifically misread me. Perhaps it's partly due to playstyles, as we definitely have different playstyles, and I am a much more aggressive player than you are. You clearly didn't like my early game aggression against xx, but I'm not sure if the possibility that that was just a townie aggressively pushing and questioning someone he found to be suspicious exists in your mind or not.

Other people also didn't really like my early aggression against xx (Inferno, xx himself, etc.), but it was only you and Fish that started to death tunnel me as soon as he joined the game. Inferno, xx, and everyone else at least seems to have a more open-mind about me compared to you and Fish.

I will say this, if you are town, then you and I are going to have a
serious
conversation post-game so I can understand why your read of me has been so off the mark, so it doesn't ever happen again in any future games where we are both town.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 387, the worst wrote:
that's definitely not a meta read. I just like the energy xx2008 has been putting out. I think it swings towards a relaxed mindset, which is more likely at random to come from town than scum. would you mind showing me where you got the idea that this was a meta read from?

correct, I think they're low hanging fruit and the fact my main scumread entered the thread by jumping up and biting them is absolutely the way I interpret this gamestate.

so you think they're mafia rather than LHF? can you please show me where you think their posting comes from scum / doesn't come from town?
Ok my apologies to the thread. I just got done with this post in my notes. Here clearly TW has done what is requested. It is a simple fact. I know TW has the natural ability to force me to doubt my t/r's (specifically Volx here) and after my re-read of Volx this morning, I am locked in on him being town (i.e. I will not change today for any reason). I strayed away from discussion of this with TW which is my fault.

Ok, I don't think there is any more danger of a skating TW anymore. I believe we have identified at least two scum suspects in Volx, NK15. I am proposing a compromise lynch here on NK15. Multiple people have made the case as can I, all with our own personal nuances.

Vote: Not Known 15
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Heck I guess we will find scum somewhere in [Volx, Worst, Former] (in no particular order). I mean the game is jammed around these 3 people it seems like. :shrug:

I think a daytime cleansing and a night generation would be good for us?

I will simply not lynch Volx today period end of story. Unless something else happens in this thread, I am locked in here.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 504, Mister Rogers wrote:Heck I guess we will find scum somewhere in [Volx, Worst, Former] (in no particular order). I mean the game is jammed around these 3 people it seems like. :shrug:

I will simply not lynch Volx today period end of story. Unless something else happens in this thread, I am locked in here.
Are you serious with this?
“A daytime cleansing and a night generation?”
How is this town?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Its called Mafia. We lynch and we come back in the day and hopefully our game state improves? Its the game, how it works. And like you didn't even put T v. S in the list because of your conf-bias but w/e. You keep querying me, I will keep answering...
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 503, Mister Rogers wrote:Ok my apologies to the thread. I just got done with this post in my notes. Here clearly TW has done what is requested. It is a simple fact. I know TW has the natural ability to force me to doubt my t/r's (specifically Volx here)
and after my re-read of Volx this morning, I am locked in on him being town
(i.e. I will not change today for any reason). I strayed away from discussion of this with TW which is my fault.

Ok, I don't think there is any more danger of a skating TW anymore.
I believe we have identified at least two scum suspects in Volx, NK15
. I am proposing a
compromise lynch
here on NK15. Multiple people have made the case as can I, all with our own personal nuances.
In post 504, Mister Rogers wrote:
Heck I guess we will find scum somewhere in [Volx, Worst, Former] (in no particular order)
. I mean the game is jammed around these 3 people it seems like. :shrug:

How does this progression(bold emphasis added) make any fucking sense?
VOTE: Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

@Inf: You can drop T v. S in the list on D2 if I am still alive OK?

Ok, I guess you mean the bolded? Meh. Just my experience but you actually have to read the thread to get that, sorry. I will help out though, ok?

I townread Volx, Hugo (townblock) as well as XX, Inf (minimal town reads) which created a PoE list of [Worst, Former, Dray, NK15 (just ur slot tho)]. I started watching Worst for his gamestate post to determine if I could townread him or at least have some way of not believing that he could be scum enough for lynch today; he is a high importance slot due to vet status. Just as I did this, literally in real-time both FF and Worst chain voted Volx. So I voted Worst and it was a Mexican Standoff and we started talking and such about this.

So for me, from my own PoE perspective and the way the game has flowed, that's how I see it. Is it my offical PoE list or anything going forward? No. I will be re-analyzing tomorrow and have a very clear PoE at that time, should I still be alive.

Thanks for asking sir!
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 506, Mister Rogers wrote:Its called Mafia.
We lynch and we come back in the day and hopefully our game state improves?
Its the game, how it works. And like you didn't even put T v. S in the list because of your conf-bias but w/e. You keep querying me, I will keep answering...
:facepalm:
LYNCH THIS.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

LOL. You first sir.
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by xx2008 »

In post 500, the worst wrote:xx2008, what's your take on both volxen and MR at the moment? (and probably me by extension :P)

any chance you could throw me a quick rough reads list?
Well, re-reading the beginning of the game, I'm getting a more scummy read on MR. He's gotten into a 1v1 twice this game. It might be because he was a scum that failed to target inferno well, so he turned to you instead. As for you, I'm still somewhat suspicious based on your late explanations for your reads. For volxen, he is aggressive, as his post below explains, and I can kind of see how he might be misread as a scum. Still not quite certain, but I'm leaning towards the town side. But his entry post happened to be a very long one just to explain why I'm scum, which isn't exactly what I expected for someone just entering the game. It just seemed like it was planned out. He also didn't bother to read that I actually didn't knoww there were more than one page to the game,, which makes him scummy. For you, I'm not certain if you are town or scum. You are basically right in between.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Nice job re-reading! :D
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by xx2008 »

In post 506, Mister Rogers wrote:Its called Mafia. We lynch and we come back in the day and hopefully our game state improves? Its the game, how it works. And like you didn't even put T v. S in the list because of your conf-bias but w/e. You keep querying me, I will keep answering...
This I disagree. It's a loss for town. It's what the scum wants. This post is very scummy.
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by xx2008 »

This is just a thought, but perhaps MR and NK15 may have planned ouut a SvS. I'm not exactly sure, though.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

LOL. What? What do you think that post even means? Do you think it means that we do a NL? Of course we don't, not on D1. Otherwise I am describving a normal Mafia day the same as any other.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Oh yeah I meant to mention this
So TvS == SvT
They both mean one scum, one town
The fact that you are devolving onto this one point is not making you look any better
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 515, Mister Rogers wrote:LOL. What? What do you think that post even means? Do you think it means that we do a NL? Of course we don't, not on D1. Otherwise I am describving a normal Mafia day the same as any other.
Yeah, except for the distinction that you are trying to LYNCH FRICKING SCUM
I mean honestly
You can’t just say “ladeeda, gamestate is fuck, lets just lynch whoever and come back to it tomorrow when we have someone dead”
Yes, mislynches happen frequently. But never because there’s a game impasse
You should ALWAYS be shooting to lynch the scum

This is very yuck
Would lynch 10/10

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Here is an example of the kind of thing that I mean but its posted by someone else that isn't scummy for attacking people, ok?
In post 187, Formerfish wrote: 1873- I tunneled and mislynched on d1, but then we got our shit together on day 2 and 3 for the town win.
Now do you see? D2 improved, they got a townblock going and started lynching scum. There is like this blockade today and I am hoping that D2 will be like in the above described game by FF and hopefully I will be alive.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

LOL. Well thanks for reminding me that there are scum in thie game that we are supposed to be lynching. I know, I had to compromise and lynch a steallar townie, NK15 but what can I say? I just forgot there was a scum team... :shrug:
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

The key difference between those two situations is that Fish though he was tunneling scum. He was not lynching for the sake of lynching. Only scum does that.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Well I ain't lynching Volx and last time I checked NK15 is in my PoE list and besides his replace I mean it has no hallmarks of a townie action whatsoever. I mean at least FF demonstrated that he read the whole thread. Was he my original scum suspect, no but he certainly will be alot better than Volx. I dunno why it just feels like all the air went out of my game when I realized that he would have to be my vote. :shrug:

Its weird, its just how I feel. :(
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 502, volxen wrote:@The Worst, I'm more than willing to engage with you and have a back-and-forth conversation. But first I need to know the answer to this question: are you even open to the possibility of town!Volxen, or are you completely convinced in your mind beyond all doubt that I am scum? Because if it's the latter, then I don't even see how we can meaningfully engage with each other, as you will just continue to respond to all of my posts saying "there goes Volxen scumsplaining again".
actually starting to think you're less likely to be scum than I initially thought--your later casing CAN come from town and I'm starting to like the effort you're going to in engaging with me about the way I'm approaching this game. The rhetoric I didn't like around your case earlier was the "I don't know what to expect from your towngame but THIS ISN'T IT *vote*" vibe which didn't feel like you were actually trying to read my slot. at this point I think scum!volxen is more likely to have gotten exhausted from talking back and forth with me and I can actually kinda see where your thought process is coming from.

so yeah I'm open to town!volxen, just starting to swing that way just a little.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by the worst »

just finished reading this post and yeah I think we're TvTing

I'll hit you up post-game on discord or something if you're town as well, I think some playstyle jamming could be really interesting.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 504, Mister Rogers wrote:Heck I guess we will find scum somewhere in [Volx, Worst, Former] (in no particular order). I mean the game is jammed around these 3 people it seems like. :shrug:

I really strongly dislike this.

he's just said "we've probably got scum in the top 3 posters besides myself lol leggo" then outlined he flatly refuses to lynch one of them today.

this is just MR trying to backpedal on his awful read of me, yet still position the gamestate around lynching me.

anyone got a different take on this? I'm concerned I'm becoming tunnelled but this is really pretty poor form.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”