Newbie 1888 | Stuff I Found Online IV | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Then what is it?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:05 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.16Happy was the trio—oh, aye, happier than liver and shrieks and the final pounce, warmer than blood and sun-drenched stone. But happy makes for a short story, love of my gizzard, and an uneventful one to boot. Let us set a snare in the path for our three beautiful raptor sisters.

The Tale of the Three Beautiful Raptor Sisters and the Prince who was Made of Meat

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Not Known 15
(2): Hugo Stiglitz, Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
(2): Inferno390, Not Known 15
volxen
(1): Formerfish
the worst
(1): volxen

Not Voting
(3): xx2008, Draynth, the worst

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-09-17 18:00:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Hugo Stiglitz
Hugo Stiglitz
Goon
Hugo Stiglitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:29 am

Post by Hugo Stiglitz »

In post 673, Inferno390 wrote:I’m not sure what you want me to say here guys
The only thing that has been happening in his thread lately is a 1v1 that has degenerated into caught flaily derpscum trying to convince us to lynch Duck.

If you have questions or specific things that you want me to talk about, by all means give them to me
But I have no interest is parsing 7 pages of crappy scum play
Well who would you lynch today? I haven't parsed much either but give me a pool based on what u know
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Inferno390 »

My preferred lynch would be Rogers, for obvious reasons.

My lynchpool is Rogers, NK15, and XX, most to least left to right. volxen maybe, but only because of the interactions between Roger and Duck and how volxen has been playing out in that. I need to ISO him and get a reread to be sure tho.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 670, Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Theres no votes on NK15(not even MR). We have 5 irl days left and I would like to put some pressure on that slot to hear more from them. I'd also like pikachu to post more, but right now we are all focusing on nk15
VOTE: not known 15
What is this really trying to achieve? Pressure? By saying you vote for pressure? This impresses no one.
I'd also like pikachu to post more,
but right now we are all focusing on nk15
Please explain this bolded part. It confuses me.

And why did you stop your push on and did not go further?
Just because Rogers has lots of posts? If you are trying to let the thread breathe by not asking critical questions then you are doing something wrong as town.
Or MR is your scum partner.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

You cannot use me as an excuse not to provide a game state summary.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Please continue the push from 252 then.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 507, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 503, Mister Rogers wrote:Ok my apologies to the thread. I just got done with this post in my notes. Here clearly TW has done what is requested. It is a simple fact. I know TW has the natural ability to force me to doubt my t/r's (specifically Volx here)
and after my re-read of Volx this morning, I am locked in on him being town
(i.e. I will not change today for any reason). I strayed away from discussion of this with TW which is my fault.

Ok, I don't think there is any more danger of a skating TW anymore.
I believe we have identified at least two scum suspects in Volx, NK15
. I am proposing a
compromise lynch
here on NK15. Multiple people have made the case as can I, all with our own personal nuances.
In post 504, Mister Rogers wrote:
Heck I guess we will find scum somewhere in [Volx, Worst, Former] (in no particular order)
. I mean the game is jammed around these 3 people it seems like. :shrug:

I think a daytime cleansing and a night generation would be good for us?

I will simply not lynch Volx today period end of story. Unless something else happens in this thread, I am locked in here.
How does this progression(bold emphasis added) make any fucking sense?
VOTE: Mister Rogers
Funny, you say. I pushed that earlier, and your answer
In post 564, Mister Rogers wrote:One post:

Volx is not a scum suspect. It was a muse post about where scum probably reside due to the game flow. I stand by the fact that Volx is town.
---->
and after my re-read of Volx this morning, I am locked in on him being town
I believe
we
have identified at least two scum suspects in Volx, NK15
Yeah sure.

And...
TW is still suspicious for their shading of my push.
You are scum.
Everyone else is null.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Thanks for asking. Of course I was referring to scum suspects OF THE WORST; i.e. HIS scum suspects. The problem was he was coasting without identifying scum for us and with a player of his skillset and experience it was ESSENTIAL that we get him to come forward with who is the scum.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

LOL everyone else is null.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

You are going to have to do better than that if you want to live past today.
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:33 am

Post by xx2008 »

I'm not going to be around for today and tomorrow. I'll Catch up later or whenever I get time.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:33 am

Post by the worst »

love feeling BoP'd
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... roficiency
ヽ(`⌒´)ノ

@MR for a player who seems to get into a lot of fights over playstyle, you sure are quick to shade me for what is ultimately a playstyle issue (town hunting before scumhunting).
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 686, Mister Rogers wrote:You are going to have to do better than that if you want to live past today.
I think
You are in no position to be saying such bull considering the position you are in.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 593, Mister Rogers wrote:Meh. Split town. Just great.
You know, some of us might be more willing to work with you if it didnt seem like you were brow beating us into it. Like what worst didnt want to compromise on NK you voted worst. You are a very off putting individual and it makes reading you accurately very difficult, for me at least. I keep going back and forth on you and I cant figure out what it going to make it stick one way or the other.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 597, Mister Rogers wrote:The Worst was HEAVILY suspected. If you didn't see that then you need to read it again.
By who? You and volx?
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 600, Mister Rogers wrote:LOL but I keep seeing the signs of them being on a Q/T together its like so annoying. I can quote several different examples. >.<
I would like to see these quotes. Cause here is what I see happening in this game right now. You are working an agenda and anyone who gets in the way of you or that agenda is a target for you to lash out at. You are taking posts in the game and reading into them instead of reading them and analyzing them. You are making them fit your agenda and are using that as proof that your way is the right way. This is called circular logic.

Please quote several instances of the signs you are seeing.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 610, Draynth wrote:What do you mean by 'flares'
Where abouts on that spectrum do I lie (ly?)?
There have been a few posts now where I see something I like in your posting. Those are the flares. Unfortunately right now there is a lot of dead space in your iso as well. I like what youve been doing recently a lot more than where you started, so you are on the town side of null for me until I see some of where your head is at with reads and shit.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 600, Mister Rogers wrote:LOL but I keep seeing the signs of them being on a Q/T together its like so annoying. I can quote several different examples. >.<
In post 603, volxen wrote:
Please do.
In post 604, the worst wrote:
In post 603, volxen wrote:
Please do.
oops I was gonna say this and forgot
seconded hardcore
In post 606, the worst wrote:Could you throw some quotes tho? I'm not shading, I want to insert my eyes behind your eyeholes and discern what caused you to think that way. :D
In post 614, the worst wrote:throw me quotes from me and FF and explain what about them bugged you?
You were asked by multiple people to follow through on something you said you would do. Is it scummy to ignore those requests? Is it especially scummy to ignore those requests after you were the one who offered? Like even when you try to explain again you are paraphrasing and taking things out of context.

Quote whole posts that concern you and let us know what concerns you about them. I dont deal with bullshit paraphrasing games.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 617, Mister Rogers wrote:and FML that the two strongest players in this game are freaking BOTH in my PoE like *headdesk*^100
The way you keep going on about this is almost like you are trying to fearmonger the rest of the game into believing worst and I are devils incarnate. You keep on about how good our scum games are, but you fingered us both on day 1 within our first few posts? I do not think that you are that good of a scumhunter on your best day to figure the game out like that.

And all this talk about townblocks from you and solving the game to the point where you have 2 sets of scum buddies already in the bag is laughable. You are trying to control the game and you are doing it in part by throwing shade at worst and I... for being good players. You could work with us since we are so good and see where it leads? If we are scum than it should become apparent pretty soon. If we arent then maybe you need to get out of our way so that we can deal with the rest of the game and not focus all of our attention on you and you alone. What do you think?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:46 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 626, Mister Rogers wrote:I mean of course *moar tinfoil* the fact they both attacked Volx at the same time...
You should take that tinfoil hat and scrunch it up into a tiny little ball and dispose of it. You know who wears tinfoil hats? Fucking crazy people man. People who think that the government is using radio waves to influence us and train us. People who think that aliens are using brain waves to kidnap and experiment on us. Fucking insane people who make no sense and see things where things just fucking arent. You dont want to be a crazy person, do you? Take off the tinfoil hat, stop side stepping responsibility by going off of poe alone and play the game bro. If you are one of these follow the cop guys then we probably should just get rid of you here.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:48 am

Post by xx2008 »

I managed to access this through phone. I've caught up now, and I'm seeing quite a lot of scummy posts from MR. For one, with the worst and NK15, he voted for the worst while saying NK15 was a better lynch. Another is him not explaining what he said he would explain just adds onto it like FF said. I'm gonna vote on him for now bc he is probably scum for these things.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 636, Mister Rogers wrote:Worst/FF
FF/NK15
If this is your poe for todays lynch, why arent you pushing me?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 641, Mister Rogers wrote:But I am willing to go first on a lynch we if lynch Worst next.
Ok.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”