the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1424, skitter30 wrote:like i feel like i've been trying to get you to engage and you've just been kinda evasive and eh-y and just very underwhelming
evasive no
underwhelming and bored, sure

I'm finding it really hard to get a concrete read on Enigma, I just feel like there's some kind of energy I'm looking for that's not there--a guarded feeling so to speak? I hope that makes sense.

Gamma yeah I can't talk about so too bad. there's the potential hes scum but the cheeky "oh maybe tw is town" is such blatantly pocketing material that I'd be p surprised if you read us as aligned :?

NM withiut posting content is indeed vig material but he's actually sitting in a scummy slot as is. I don't see a reason not to just lynch the fuck out of that and then IF a vig exists they can shoot slowly up the realist. like there's no reason to lynch anywhere but obvscum and the vig should just blast into the lynchpool if it exists so idk why you're not keen on lynching that slot
ヽ(`⌒´)ノ

I agree with vex a50 and creature obv, ruru and enigma I'm just like..... not finding reasons to townread..... they're both kinda just ok

could you quickly tier your reads for me? as they stand rn

I could compromise on HWS potentially because he's just uncomfortably null but he just.... kinda regularly sounds guarded.... I'm not sure there's an inspiring reason to go there.....
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm not having strong reads and feel faintly apathetic about the reads I do have. and I keep reaching out and getting nowhere >':
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1426, the worst wrote:reaching out
Tbf I'm not reaching out very hard and don't feel failed as such I just feel like I'm having a really hard time connecting with the soul of open Boeing 737
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

{creature}
{a50, vex}
{}
{ruru, enigma}
{} - null
{bujaber, hws}
{nm}
{gamma, ejji, you} * ejji b/c of frank; don't want to lynch ejji today
{}

kinda like this
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1425, the worst wrote:NM withiut posting content is indeed vig material but he's actually sitting in a scummy slot as is. I don't see a reason not to just lynch the fuck out of that and then IF a vig exists they can shoot slowly up the realist. like there's no reason to lynch anywhere but obvscum and the vig should just blast into the lynchpool if it exists so idk why you're not keen on lynching that slot
like i mean i don't know if a vig exists but like that's literally the point of a vig imo; to shoot nm if it exists

i guess i can lynch there but that feels kinda underwhelming after this super super long day but the slot feels kinda scummy from mwnn and cj flaking both; i don't think i would lynch it just for being nm but coupled with brass and cj i guess that owuldn't be too bad

where do u want a vig to vig tonight if one exists
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by the worst »

we have opposing problems

you have so many scumreads. I have too many nullreads. and your PoE includes two of the players I have south of null atm :?

pedit: hws is thereabouts is probably a healthy vig tbqh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by the worst »

null/nulltown/nullscum reads if that wasn't clear
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by the worst »

if ejji is so low post rep in how low was the slot before?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

can u do a tiered list for me?

i feel kinda the same way about a hws vig as u do a hws lynch; i feel like that's kinda underwhelming and just like an easy shot if that makes sense; i don't really scumread him actively, more passively

frank was in the very very lowest slot; i usually only have 7 tiers but i didn't feel like i could adequately get the nuance across so here i have 9

also i think this day kinda needs to end; i feel like a lot of the people i want to be talking to now have run outo f energy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1391, the worst wrote:{tw, larvitar}
{ }
{a50, vex}
{skitter30, ruru, Buj, Gamma, ejji}
== null == {hot water service}
{NM, Enigma}

tragic
still around here. push ruru down I guess
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:57 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 1394, the worst wrote:
In post 921, ruru wrote:I thought ceejay wasn't that scummy in 722 except for a specific thing that he hasn't done here (but that I wouldn't expect to show up frequently anyway)
elaborate on this?
*shrug*

it's only relevant to my ability to read ceejay in future games because the situation didn't come up in this game
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 12 alive it takes 7 to vig.

Not_Mafia (6):
Almost50 (1051),ruru (1052),Enigma (1055),BuJaber (1111),skitter30 (1368),Gamma Emerald (1370),
ejjinami (1):
Vex Vience (991),
Not voting (5):
HeWhoSwims,the worst,Not_Mafia,ejjinami,Creature,
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:10 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 1044, the worst wrote:Ruru town so far

Also I'm 30% sure she's only √7 of a ¾ math major but don't sheep me on this
In post 1395, the worst wrote:
In post 940, ruru wrote:this game feels like a loss.
gamestate dissonance here actually might be scum indicative. I've half assed my read on ruru I think
In post 1397, the worst wrote:I might be onto nothing. I'll think about it more.
ruru's take on sky early on was a bit eh, progression on my slot is conFUSIng and telling me to self-vote is probably a little suboptimal :s
In post 1425, the worst wrote:I agree with vex a50 and creature obv, ruru and enigma I'm just like..... not finding reasons to townread..... they're both kinda just ok
this is a bit strange because most of my posts had already been made after you gave an initial townread on me 2 days after replace-in

scumreading is one thing but if my iso "lacked town", there was no mention of it before

also, telling you to self-vote was a reaction test and your response wasn't very towny

why is my progression on your slot confusing?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:50 pm

Post by Creature »

idk about NM
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:50 pm

Post by Creature »

Did ejji do anything noticeable?
Sigh
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:55 pm

Post by ruru »

gamestate dissonance here actually might be scum indicative. I've half assed my read on ruru I think
oh and also not being content with a mediocre d1 poe in a game that randed a hilariously scumsided setup where one of our roles is known to be negative utility and when I just watched town hammertest scum
in 3:1
in a game that I got n1ed in is hardly scum-indicative and you should know this because you modded that game.

also I'm reminded of 728 where you expressed similar sentiment that "oh the gamestate is fine" (which is implied here if you think I was out of sync with the gamestate) when you were actively being scumread by like half the list
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:10 am

Post by the worst »

I mean in fairness the gamestate was fine there. more than fine actually
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:14 am

Post by the worst »

idrk what I'm waiting for. just feels like we're succumbing to cliche low energy/charisma lynches and I'm not really seeing anyone I want dead more than the NM slot and everyone is being stupid and using that slot to vigtest when
1) we might not have a vig
2) it might be bulletproof

whatever I actually don't think I'm into this game enough to be upset about being mislynched
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:15 am

Post by the worst »

not AtE btw. just a heads up I don't think I have the enthusiasm to react to pressure
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:28 am

Post by ruru »

In post 1441, the worst wrote:I mean in fairness the gamestate was fine there. more than fine actually
But if you were town in that game it wouldn't have been fine for you, that's what I'm trying to say

here you're again - by calling my read of the gamestate as a losing gamestate out-of-sync - implying "everything is fine"

meanwhile you're the leading wagon and I'm one of the people pushing things and you're not townreading me but you think the gamestate is fine? and it's just kind of incongruous with what you should be feeling as town I think
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:29 am

Post by ruru »

like if you think the gamestate is losing, but you're too low energy to care, then you still shouldn't be scumreading me for having thought the gamestate was losing
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:39 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 1364, ofrhz wrote:
Not_Mafia replaces ceejayvinoya. Welcome! :)

Day 1 deadline is two days from this post.
HURT: NM

ok, i think i made my point
ill catchup and reply in a moment
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:29 am

Post by ruru »

NM what are your reads?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Vex Vience »

spoilered because its long

Spoiler:
In post 1310, ejjinami wrote:
In post 1308, Vex Vience wrote:
ejjinami wrote: Vex’s ideas about the setup seem stupidly honest. -_- I don’t think he’s faking the confidence in his logic, so if he’s scum I think it’s likely that he doesn’t have teammates that would be able to correct him.
That’s giving me more town vibes though. The logic has a really honest vibe to it and I think it’s unlikely that scum would be so enthusiastic to give out the role list choices, especially with that level of confidence. (ugh, mostly taking that back cuz of the statistics… but I got mostly townie vibes from him anyways, so the read doesn’t really change much)
trying to make sure that i get what you're saying:
if im scum, i am 100% traitor, correct?
however, that likely isn't the case, instead, im town, right?

actually, I didn’t even consider traitor here, but more or less yeah.
i can see how you could be getting to there, however, remember, im korina.
even though i really
really
hate self-meta (or meta arguments in general), my scum meta is highly different than how im playing.
i end up lurking out most of the game as scum only because i dont wanna give up my partners.
if im unrecruited traitor, id wanna try to signal to the others "hey, im traitor" somehow, no?

my major point is if im traitor, whats my signal here to tell the groupscum that im traitor?
acting as obvtown as traitor leads to me getting killed 75% of the time, plus it carries the risk of outing the others if i flip because i'd end up trying to signal im traitor, most likely by tring them. so why would i try to pull a gambit off like that as a role that i've never gotten before? why wouldnt i try to play it safe?

so, if my plan backfires and mafia don't pick up on my signal, they think im town, what happens?
i obviously get shot by mafia, but going past that, there's two major cases:
- mafia assume they were rb'd, and try killing me again - i obviously flip traitor
- mafia assume im traitor, and leave me alone

so once again, why would i risk that as a role ive never played as before?
In post 1312, ejjinami wrote:
In post 1308, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 1228, ejjinami wrote:
In post 1225, ruru wrote:
In post 1223, ejjinami wrote:Start of page 6, going to sleep
I think you should claim first then
If I don't need to, then I wouldn't want to claim. That's not meant to be a soft btw
┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Regardless of my role, I'm town, so giving out my role as VT would only make it easier for scum to PR-hunt (if there are any additional PRs) and I obviously shouldn't claim as a PR.

I don't really care how scummy my previous slot owner was, if I manage to save the slot without having to claim, then it's obviously more beneficial than if I do claim

so nah
uhh... i dont really like this post
i kinda like the tone, but the last part was kinda is odd to me, (the "it's obviously more beneficial" part)
if you claim you're bodyguard, then scum will target you n1 imo, because obviously you're jumping on one of your town-reads or creature
if you arent bg, then you're just another possible target for them n1, meaning you should claim vt

my thing is that not claiming, sure while it does help, it also hurts town
sure scum don't know what you are, but we also dont know what you are
I’m not sure if I get the point
If you say I should have fake-claimed BG (as VT), tbh it might have worked out, but I’m not really sure how would I feel about doing that.
I don’t like the idea of fake-claiming in general, because I don’t know most of the players here and I don’t know how would they react
And it’s not like I would have had enough time to read the thread and determine their personalities or sth

And town doesn’t need to know what role I am imo. If I’m a PR, I’ll do just fine when I’m hidden and if I’m a VT at least I can pose as a NK-bait.
So as long as I’m not lynched staying hidden is obviously better imo.
yea, that's what i was getting at:
if youre vt, claim bg. scum obviously will target you n1/n2 only because you'll be on creature/one of your strong trs, meaning you can give creature a secondary night to live. once you flip vt, mafia wasted the night, and you were basically a pseudo-bg.
if youre a pr, obviously you claim vt to try to avoid getting mafia to nk you
In post 1323, the worst wrote:just been a while since I like... had a feeling about enigma tbh
what do you mean about this?
In post 1324, ejjinami wrote:everyone should vote where they want to lynch
that's what we're doing i think
In post 1336, Almost50 wrote:Did you guys check Korina's Donner Party? That game came up often enough that you should have. In it; Ejji was the SK, and based on that I don't really know what to think of his posts here. I'll be first to admit there's nothing scummy in them, but I am also one who has been burnt often by a scum player replacing out and their replacement towning it up that people disregard the scummy behaviour/content of the original player.

I'll compromise on CJV or HWS but that'll be it. I don't think I want to lynch Enigma today, but I won't be fighting it if there's a majority of SRs on him doe some reason I don't really see.
im trying to compare ejji posting in here to sk!ejji
ejji did say that they hadnt played sk before, so im not sure what entirely to make of other games posts
In post 1340, ruru wrote:is tw what mathdino would call a "radioactive wagon for scum"?

I feel like town.tw is a valuable lynch for scum so it's interesting how hard it is to find votes for him

unless it's that
unless its what?
In post 1344, the worst wrote:
In post 1336, Almost50 wrote:Ejji was the SK, and based on that I don't really know what to think of his posts here. I'll be first to admit there's nothing scummy in them, but I am also one who has been burnt often by a scum player replacing out and their replacement towning it up that people disregard the scummy behaviour/content of the original player.
wat nooo it was skygazer
ejji was original sk, who was replaced by sky, who just gave up
In post 1346, the worst wrote:
In post 1341, skitter30 wrote:um not sure what 'radioactive wagon for scum' means so idk

he's just so nice and awesome and damn good at town and we mindmeld as tvt that i don't really want to lynch him and be wrong :( especially not day1
this is really wolfy actually
what do you see in it thats wolfy?
i think the last part is off tonally but i dont really see it being all
that
wolfy imo
In post 1359, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1344, the worst wrote:
In post 1336, Almost50 wrote:Ejji was the SK, and based on that I don't really know what to think of his posts here. I'll be first to admit there's nothing scummy in them, but I am also one who has been burnt often by a scum player replacing out and their replacement towning it up that people disregard the scummy behaviour/content of the original player.
wat nooo it was skygazer
:facepalm: Sky is the one who eventually surrendered .. after replacing Ejji!!! :twisted:

Check the players list. Slot #6: Skygazer >
ejjinami
^
In post 1371, the worst wrote:hrm

VOTE: Enigma

sorry for stabbing the gamestate in the eye with a fork. I don't like either of the wagons lmao.
wdym?
In post 1372, Not_Mafia wrote:Sup cunts
nm, answer this truthfully, are you jester again?
In post 1390, ejjinami wrote:
In post 1388, the worst wrote: pedit: ah the feeling is mutual <3
you may kiss the bride
motherfucker, that's my joke smh
how so?
i dont really see it as ai.
i think its just more of a "this d1 is dragging on so long, why can't we just end it" type post
In post 1414, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hm tw could be Town
explain?
In post 1424, skitter30 wrote:i'm still very flummoxed by ur enigma read; like i feel like it came out of nowhere really
i agree
notmafia is literally what vigs are for imo; if there isn't one i will insist that he be pl'd before lylo especially since his slot has scum equity from before him
i also highly agree on this
In post 1433, skitter30 wrote:also i think this day kinda needs to end; i feel like a lot of the people i want to be talking to now have run outo f energy
i agree, this d1 has been dragging on for wayyy too long for me to actually like it anymore (hence me posting less and less for this d1)
expect me to be more active once d2 starts only because then we'll (hopefully) not have 5 people replaceout.
In post 1442, the worst wrote:idrk what I'm waiting for. just feels like we're succumbing to cliche low energy/charisma lynches and I'm not really seeing anyone I want dead more than the NM slot and everyone is being stupid and using that slot to vigtest when
1) we might not have a vig
2) it might be bulletproof

whatever I actually don't think I'm into this game enough to be upset about being mislynched
i mean, this d1 has been going on for about 17 days now, i think. its been dragging on for wayyyyy too long + the sheer number of replacements / prods is honestly demotivating to put forth effort into the game at this point tbh. i just wanna end the day and move on to the next one at this point, and see what the morning brings us.

to also counter your points:
1) we pl nm regardless before mylo/lylo. nm will not be making it to that point at all, ever. we're gonna vigtest him to (hopefully) save us a lynch if he's town
2) if he's bp, he still gets pl'd before mylo/lylo. we just won't know that the vig is in play until they shoot someone else

its not really that much of a waste to try to vigtest nm.
worst case, we dont have a vig or hes bp. regardless, he's getting hung at some point, so i dont really get how we're being stupid on this one
its much better to try to vigtest the troll-slot rather than on a possible scum
regardless of if nm flips town or mafia, he negatively hurts us, so whats the harm in vigging a known troll?.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh