Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm sure on Pork. I strongly doubt that Pork townreads you while egregiously misreading what you said. Most likely explanation for that last post is that Pork knows you're town, barely read anything, saw your last, misread you to be saying that SirCake is scum, and decided to "sheep" you without actually reading anything else you said or actually trying to read you. Doesn't make any sense from town.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 356, Shoshin wrote:Maybe Kokichi, maybe. I don't know how to read him yet to be honest. Looking back, it'd odd how long he took to vote Varsoon, and I don't like that he's casting suspicion on SirCake, almost like he's forcing a connection between the two. I dunno. Maybe.
I just said they aren't partners, how would I be forcing a connection?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Shoshin, before you commit to that, can you do me a favour and actually read past Porkens games?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 359, Shoshin wrote:It's almost like Kokichi wanted to distance from Varsoon without actually getting a wagon, but we jumped too strongly on it for him to avoid moving there. But not something to really worry about for today.

Also, yeah, Skitter, I like the wall posts, it was easier to read you with those.
Because I wanted to let him try to explain his scumread (which as you can see he stumbled with and is the reason you guys saw how poorly it was constructed)
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 367, Porkens wrote:VOTE: unvote

I'm townreading RC now. more posts make it clearer.

VOTE: cakez

and sheeping
lol
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 377, RadiantCowbells wrote:Shoshin, before you commit to that, can you do me a favour and actually read past Porkens games?
Yes, okay. I would have done that eventually just to be sure, hehe.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 370, Shoshin wrote:Varsoon, Pork, NSG, with a chance that it's Kokichi if one flips town? Seems almost too easy.
I've seen Pork post like this as town. ftr. I don't think I've seen him as scum, though.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Like don't get me wrong I totally buy Porkens being scum

I just don't think it's as lock as you think it is
I've seen Pork post like this as town. ftr. I don't think I've seen him as scum, though.
yeah basically
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 374, RadiantCowbells wrote:if I'm wrong I'll figure it out
if I'm right it needed to be said.
If Varsoon is my partner no way in hell I let him bring a case on me that bad, I would actually help him construct one that can actually make some sense, and not one that everyone agrees (besides SirCakez????) is awful.
Sometimes you don't 'let' scumpartners do absolutely terrible things, sometimes they just do them, yeah?
I suppose, but if we were both on at the same time, don't you think I would at least warn him about how badly it was constructed? Site meta is pretty much every scum has day chat these days.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:41 pm

if I were you and I got that case made on me I would point blank ask varsoon if he's intentionally gamethrowing
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Shoshin »

lol
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 384, RadiantCowbells wrote:if I were you and I got that case made on me I would point blank ask varsoon if he's intentionally gamethrowing
lol
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:52 pm

So regarding Porkens its worth noting that Varsoon's first person he chose to interact with was Porkens and their communication could pretty easily be cheeky svs
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:08 pm

worth saying that my read on skitter isn't at 100% yet: still needs more time.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Die Hard is better than I remember it being when I watched it as a kid.
I would really appreciate it if people would stop calling me and my play bad and actually engage with me.
It's really, really disheartening to read.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm still going to Gatcha vote for Reck's slot regardless of IRL circumstances, RC.
I think it's fucked up of you to act like a slot is essentially out of game just because the player has limited access--it undermines the game a ton as well as the moderation.
Really, I'm fucking sick of you and Kokichi ganging up on me with insults. It's incredibly depressing to make a return to the site and on my first real day of engagement to be hit with a gaggle of people saying that I'm game throwing, untoppably awful, bad, etc.
I'm legitimately losing sleep over it, so I would appreciate it if you would stop.
On a non-personal level, I really think that it doesn't fit a narrative where you're scumreading me to insult me this much.
So I'm also really dubious of both of you for that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

My hope is that people will actually see the exchange we had as fruitful for reading our slots.
I would appreciate it if you don't try to act like our exchange was personal (even though I have taken lots of these insults to heart) and that the back and forth since my votes is all worthwhile game content rather than personal tiff to be avoided.
I see it happen in games a lot and I don't want it to happen here.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Does anyone else have meta experience with Kokichi?
How does Kokichi handle taking early game pressure?
It's hard to see the reaction as coming from town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:25 pm

You do realize that every time in this game I've called you awful it was in terms of you being scummy, correct?
I guess the gamethrowing if aligned comment could be seen as otherwise if you two are aligned but meh.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 390, Varsoon wrote:Really, I'm fucking sick of you and Kokichi ganging up on me with insults. It's incredibly depressing to make a return to the site and on my first real day of engagement to be hit with a gaggle of people saying that I'm game throwing, untoppably awful, bad, etc.
Not insulting you, just stating that I think your reasoning for scumreading me is bad. Do you have any other actual reads? That make sense?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 392, Varsoon wrote:Does anyone else have meta experience with Kokichi?
How does Kokichi handle taking early game pressure?
It's hard to see the reaction as coming from town.
Most people here do, I would say. And what about my reaction is not coming from town if word for word basically 3 other people have agreed and posted with everything I've been saying?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Also, what pressure? 1 person voting me? How is that pressure. I think more people have said they think I might be town over me being scummy.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You do realize that repeatedly calling someone awful is not a substitute for worthwhile engagement with their play, right?

@Kokichi: I doubt anything that I write will make sense to you if you're town and if you're scum, anything you disagree with will be nonsensical anyway, but here goes;
I'm not sure what to make of Porkens because I feel town Porkens would be straightforward with me about his alignment. This is a little thing. I also don't like how little of a game presence Porkens has had given my recent meta experience with the player. It's suspect, but suspect =/= scum.
Sir Cakes coming with a townread out of hand on me when I was taking a lot of heat is an important move for a few reasons and will be the deciding factor when it comes time to look at associative tells, but I'm unsure of the slot itself. I townlean it.
Shoshin is a pretty confident townread of mine, but I haven't played with honest scum in a long time so I'm not gonna call it lock town.
RC really frustrates me so it's difficult for me to make an accurate read based on content, but it also bothers me that I don't have an accurate read despite RC's depth of content in this game--RC's playing dishonestly, imo.
Skitter's agreeable but I don't wanna be quick to townread that, either. Based on play, the most by-the-books-town, but I don't know if their scumgame is just that polished or what.

But yeah that's basically everyone I have a read worth mentioning on. I haven't really engaged with anyone else and there's a lot of players who haven't been around today for me to really sink in to.

P-EDIT:
You don't have to act like a cool guy who doesn't sweat when someone calls you out early game.
I really don't like how much you keep aligning yourself with other people like this, constantly posturing with "other people agreed with everything I've been saying" and "more people have said they think I might be town".
It feels really disingenuous.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:37 pm

I don't have any specific moral obligation to 'engage with your play' when engage with your play is here defined as doing things that don't involve trying to get you lynched as cleanly as possible.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:39 pm

I know what you're trying to do trying to portray yourself as the reasonable dude versus us being horrible assholes and not engaging with your play but you just obvscummed and are getting lynched for it.

I'm reading your posts, I just have nothing to say back to them because they're all scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”