profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:29 pm

Post by profii »

checked - fl is generally town reading him so I'll go with it. I'm not going to follow Saudade necessarily but I am not going to lynch him

I don't see anything outrageous from Creature or Creature, but I don't sort him well

I feel like my lynch candidates aren't gelling with the town consensus, so I'm either really wrong or really right.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:30 pm

Post by profii »

creature or gamma that should say
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2651, Mister Rogers wrote:Welcome! I hope you will reread the game over time as I did. Here is the strategy I used to replace in, it was a bit rough at first but it worked out in the end:

FoS: FL for lurker voting to end the day, Gamma for shameless BW-ing all day long since he replaced in
Lack of contempt towards A50 noted
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:55 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 2724, profii wrote: In my mind, Saudade is "doing a BBT" and just driving his chosen lynch.
In that game, BBT was wrong, but was town.
What's a BBT? Blatant Bullying of a Townsman?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:34 am

Post by profii »

nah another user in the game I linked... blue blooded toffee
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Vote: Gamma

That's simply not how things rolled out. My contempt "started" with a a mere mentioning followed by a callout, followed by a full-blown 1v1. Furthermore, we can see how Almost is at least trying to actively solve (not saying he's town) so this is a misrep of A50 as well. Add BW-ing/Sheeping and a scummy slot entrance.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Adding that Gamma has shown no signs of doing that "necessary" reading that he promised us but content with simply coasting along with the flow and expecting a default town read. That is simply scummy and INB4 its not NAI.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Neighborhood Replacement Guide

Manatee --> Creature = improved replace
Frank --> A50 = improved replace
Horror --> Worst = still scummy!
Parrot --> Gamma = still scummy!
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Sashaddin »

What gives me a lot of problems with this game are the claims. we didn't have this in newbie games. I'll need some input from experienced players.

Are claims often bluffs, or are they generally reliable?
Are there roles that scum could use to "impersoante a town PR?
Does the number of claims we've had so far represent the distribution of a standard game?
What usually happens the following day when the claimer can't prove his role? Benefit of the doubt or the rope?

I need a few answers before I can fully continue my scheme of thought.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 2733, Sashaddin wrote:What gives me a lot of problems with this game are the claims. we didn't have this in newbie games. I'll need some input from experienced players.

Claims need to be evaluated by their environment/process/tone/flavor-setup/etc. to see if they are actually believable. EG, Worst claimed at L-3 (BAD), Worst lied that he crumbed (BAD), Worst falsely accused a player of causing him to claim (i.e. he LIED) (BAD). More below.

Are there roles that scum could use to "impersoante a town PR?
GS is a great one. All results are WIFOM and not immediately proveable without increasing the risk to town and potentially giving a further advantage to scum. There are classic examples like claiming "Miller" and such.
Does the number of claims we've had so far represent the distribution of a standard game?
Great question. Not sure if we should be speculating very heavy on this if at all yet, until we get some flips.
What usually happens the following day when the claimer can't prove his role? Benefit of the doubt or the rope?
This depends on the role and what happened overnight and the behavior of the claimant the next day. This WILL happen D2. Some roles should pretty much be on auto-lynch, like Krazy if there aren't two NK's, whereas Worst well oh my lookie here he has so many options to extend his life and make him believable. Then there is Crimson Doc well with so many dang claims I simply won't be talking about this one in advance.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 2734, Mister Rogers wrote:Worst well oh my lookie here he has so many options to extend his life and make him believable
Yup. He could even claim roleblocked for all we know.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2731, Mister Rogers wrote:Adding that Gamma has shown no signs of doing that "necessary" reading that he promised us but content with simply coasting along with the flow and expecting a default town read. That is simply scummy and INB4 its not NAI.
What necessary reading? I said I’d read the content generated after I joined and no less barring me determining it being a circle jerk.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:45 am

Post by profii »

In post 2734, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 2733, Sashaddin wrote:What gives me a lot of problems with this game are the claims. we didn't have this in newbie games. I'll need some input from experienced players.

Claims need to be evaluated by their environment/process/tone/flavor-setup/etc. to see if they are actually believable. EG, Worst claimed at L-3 (BAD), Worst lied that he crumbed (BAD), Worst falsely accused a player of causing him to claim (i.e. he LIED) (BAD). More below.
you say that, but then there are people faking VCs in this game too :facepalm:
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:49 am

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 2736, Gamma Emerald wrote:What necessary reading? I said I’d read the content generated after I joined and no less barring me determining it being a circle jerk
If you are only willing to read the content that happens after you join, how do you expect to interact with knowledge players are working with when they speak to each other?
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Light Ethos »

More importantly, how do you hunt for scum if the vast majority of what players have done has already happened? That means you have to commit to sheeping a case someone else makes.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 am

Post by profii »

In post 2738, Light Ethos wrote:
In post 2736, Gamma Emerald wrote:What necessary reading? I said I’d read the content generated after I joined and no less barring me determining it being a circle jerk
If you are only willing to read the content that happens after you join, how do you expect to interact with knowledge players are working with when they speak to each other?
to be fair, If I came into a 100 page game and the entire town didn't really know where it was going, I'd probably come in with the intention of not wanting to read as I don't think another person is going to read those 100 pages and go "aha it's clearly ____ who is the scum here"

on the other hand you make a good point and that approach probably wont work haha
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well I might read some things
But I’m CERTAINLY not reading a whole 90 Page thread and if I do read something it will be upon a NEED being presented, like when I looked at Mister Rogers’ ISO for his Saudade reasoning.
<Embrace The Void>

Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:11 am

Post by Light Ethos »

Only Mister Rogers made it out like it was imperative that you read everything. My challenge was that it seemed like you didn't want to read much of anything and were pointing to a scum game where you did reread the thread to say that that's why you are town.

One reason for putting you in my pool is that a sizeable portion of your posts are from a back and forth with Rogers about reading. Your posts that surround votes are choices to jump on another player's logic, and you ask few questions to get more information. If you weren't going to read the thread, and you weren't going to ask many questions that weren't about yourself, then how can you reasonably expect to find scum effectively?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:56 am

Post by profii »

Mr Rogers also made a big deal of the fact he caught up the entire thread

I’m kinda in 2 minds to say is he being LAMIST when actually he got the scum catch-up in PT and just theatered the whole thing to manufacture a scum read on people

But he does seem a bit hyper so it could just be he read the whole thread

[/paranoia]
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 2741, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well I might read some things
But I’m CERTAINLY not reading a whole 90 Page thread and if I do read something it will be upon a NEED being presented, like when I looked at Mister Rogers’ ISO for his Saudade reasoning.
EXACTLY! You show no sign of having done this sir and that is the agreement we came up with.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 2742, Light Ethos wrote:Only Mister Rogers made it out like it was imperative that you read everything[SNIP WTHECK!?]
Clearly untrue if you read my entire interactions with both Gamma and About.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 2743, profii wrote: But he does seem a bit hyper so it could just be he read the whole thread.
Ok I am caught.

I have an admisstion to make. I am sorry I didn't full claim earlier:

I am Town Hyper Neighbor

I have a post restriction where I must scream at least once every 10 posts or I will be modkilled. >.<
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:17 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

[quote="In post 2742One reason for putting you in my pool is that a sizeable portion of your posts are from a back and forth with Rogers about reading. Your posts that surround votes are choices to jump on another player's logic, and you ask few questions to get more information. If you weren't going to read the thread, and you weren't going to ask many questions that weren't about yourself, then how can you reasonably expect to find scum effectively?[/quote]

My apologies but QFFT!
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

One reason for putting you in my pool is that a sizeable portion of your posts are from a back and forth with Rogers about reading. Your posts that surround votes are choices to jump on another player's logic, and you ask few questions to get more information. If you weren't going to read the thread, and you weren't going to ask many questions that weren't about yourself, then how can you reasonably expect to find scum effectively?
My apologies but QFFT!
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 2748, Mister Rogers wrote:My apologies but QFFT!
? What did this mean?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”