CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Oh dear...

Thor can you please give an ordered readslist? I've skimmed your ISO and I'm finding it hard to ascertain what your reads are aside from my slot is scummy and you think notnova is town.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 374, xwing wrote:
In post 370, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 365, NotNova wrote:@CT, I don't know how that's super towny — it mostly just describes his playstyle and RVS approach.
It's the tone. He doesn't lack emotion and the sarcastic nature suggests non-caring town. I feel like scum try to stay likeable and under the radar rather than taking on the IC with sarcasm.
hmmm okay..im still not so convinced..
i wish volxen was actively posting now..he hasn't responded back to his other accusers except to ceej..it would be more convincing for me if he did those..

hope to hear more from haylen, sky and ceej as well..

pedit: CT, scum team of volxen/thor?
That scumteam is not outside the realm of possibilty considering that Thor appears to be creating a counterwagon on ceejayvinoya.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Xwing what are your thoughts about volxen's ?

I mean I dislike a lot of the "why me" points against nova but I feel like his readslist and concern about nova incriminating himself if he's town, both point to townie thoughts.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by xwing »

thor's list is here:

pedit:
1. i disliked it a lot that he "dumbed down" the case against him..
2. i understand where volxen is coming from on the other 2 lurkers/inactives, but nova explained exactly why he chose volxen, i dont understand why he keeps repeating the other inactives..
3. he's concern regarding notnova setting himself up as scummy seems townie..but when i read this the first time it didnt ping me that way..it felt more desperate for me..
4. i dont understand why he's scum reading nova but have a town lean on him as well in the same post..
5. that said being confident 100% on scumread is a very fallacious/hypocritical statement to make, as im sure that volxen is also not 100% sure about any of his scumreads (see number 4)..but i do believe volxen when he says he's willing to vote for them..

my mind is dancing between volxen and ceej..
re ceej, im getting convinced he's town mainly coz of your defense, and i feel like thor's main case against him is weaker compared to volxen's..

thor's slot i must admit i cant read at all..our styles are too different..i would read him town one day then scum another..i settled on town first so i could do better PoE but im not closed to a scum!thor..

i dont think volxen and ceej are both scum..if i had to choose, it would be volxen..but im not shutting down a bus yet..
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by volxen »

@Reundo, in you said, "I'd be much more content lynching volxen than ceejay today". Can you explain why you find Ceejay towny then? He hasn't done much besides immediately vote for me and accuse me of being scum upon his entrance to the game, and his reasoning was simply because I was on his predecessors’ wagon, which became his wagon.

Here is the post where I voted for UC:
In post 183, volxen wrote:
In post 156, xwing wrote:
In post 153, volxen wrote: I did see your initial explanation about what happened in your previous game, I just don't think it was a good reason for you to vote for Thor just because other people did, especially when it sounded like you really wanted to pressure UC rather than Thor. By "pressure" I mean that you could have started by voting for UC to get his attention, and then start asking him questions, which could have led to a back-and-forth dialogue between the two of you. This in-turn could have helped you to either solidify your initial scumread of him, or perhaps it would have convinced you that your initial read of him was wrong. But you instead voted for Thor just because other people were doing it and didn't put any pressure on the player that you said you wanted to pressure in two different posts (UC). That is what I find suspicious in your gameplay.

Also, I want to clarify something. In this post you said, "upon examination i admit that was a bad move on my part..at that time im not able to really defend my vote on thor coz
i dont believe him to be scum
, i just wanted to see how the interactions between the 3 "strongest" players were". Are you saying that Thor was NEVER a scumread for you, or that he initially was a scumread for you but you changed your mind about him? Because in post you listed UC and Thor as your two scumleans:
yes, the reasoning, game-wise, might not have been sound..but what did you think of my thought process and motivation behind it though? do you think of it as genuine/fake? town/scum motivated? easy/hard to follow?
also, do we need to vote someone to get their attention, before asking questions? or is this more on game meta? coz personally even if i get tons of votes i dont really feel pressured at all (maybe coz i havent experienced drawing scum so i dunno..) i believe just directly engaging/asking the person would merit the same reaction..and if you've got enough info based on content and interactions (or lack thereof), then you can build a case then vote for them..that way, town can see your thought process and reasoning and join your vote if they are convinced..

do you have any scum reads at the moment, volxen?

to address your last point: during my L-1 vote on thor, i didnt have anything on him (null), i just wanted to see how their 3 interactions would go..
as of this writing, im treating the trio as town, though if there's scum in that pool, i will still choose thor..i've explained why in my previous posts..
I think it's plausible that you could do what you did as either alignment, so you are still null for me at the moment. As town, it could be simply as you say it is, that you wanted to change up your gameplay from your last game so you intentionally sheeped onto the largest wagon right off the bat to "stand out". As scum, your motivation could have been to push for a Thor lynch, and/or to force a roleclaim out of Thor, especially if you and your scumbuddy suspected that he is a town power role. After all, since Thor is the IC, if he is town the argument could be made that he is the strongest town player among us and getting him lynched and/or forcing him to out himself as a town power role would be a strong start for the scumteam.

For the time being I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, as your responses to me so far haven't indicated to me that you necessarily have malicious intent with your voting (i.e., voting for Thor when you listed UC as your prime suspect). This is probably in part due to my experience in Newbie 1885 (link: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77049), where I incorrectly scumread a relatively new player (Hugo) due to him unfortunately doing a series of things that unintentionally made him look
seriously
scummy. I've learned from that game that new players will simply unintentionally do things that are suspicious, so for now you get the benefit of the doubt. But I will be keeping a close eye on your slot. :igmeou:

I don't have any strong scumreads yet,
but I think I would like to get UC's attention
. So:

VOTE: UCvoyager

UCvoyager is now at L-1
Since there seems to be confusion on this, I meant it when I said that I voted for UC to get his attention. Not because I wanted to lynch him at the time. UC himself was really null for me, because he didn't do much besides... lurk. But then Ceejay joins the game, and he immediately votes for me and accuses me of being scum, while simultaneously clearing the other three people on his wagon (Thor, Sky[Horror], xwing)..... because reasons? In Ceejay says in reference to me, "Does he think his vote would drag a lurker into the thread? I feel that his vote on my slot at that point was opportunistic and not really town motivated."

I'm not sure why Ceejay would find the prospect of voting for a lurker to get their attention to be such a shocking concept, and why he would make the assumption that it's necessarily indicative of scum-motivation (if it's pro-town to lynch lurkers that aren't contributing, then why is it suddenly scummy to vote for a lurker merely to get their attention?). It's entirely valid to vote for someone to get their attention and/or pressure them, even if you are not ready yet to lynch them at the time of the vote. Even if he has only skimmed through the thread and skimmed through his predecessors ISO, he would quickly realize that his predecessor UC didn't really do much of anything. But no, out of the 200+ posts that were in this game upon his joining in, he immediately latches onto my wagon and accuses me of being scum and doesn't really comment on much of anything else. And his only reasoning for scumreading me is because he doesn't like the fact that I voted for a lurker's slot to get their attention.

Also, I find it a bit curious, given how much of an issue Ceejay has with my voting of his slot, that he hasn't questioned the other two people that were on his wagon (Thor and xwing) as to why they were voting for his slot (I’m not including Horror here since he replaced out). As far as I can tell, Thor voted for UC for reasons similar to my own reasons for voting for UC.

Here is the post where Thor voted for UC:
In post 143, Thor665 wrote:
In post 138, xwing wrote:
In post 133, Thor665 wrote:@Xwing - how do you see ignoring my slot to help you win the game?
i'm not ignoring your slot per se, i'm ignoring you at the moment..there's plenty of back and forth with you and the others already and i believe there's even more content to come..
Okay.
How does "ignoring me for some period of time yet to be declared" help you win?
I feel it won't.

Unvote: RCEnigma
Vote: UCVoyager

RCE is starting to convince me he might be town. Let's lynch UCVoyager. (as a disclaimer for Reundo - though I do say 'let's lynch' which *could* mean 'immediately, like in the next 20 minutes' my lack of inclusion of timing does not actually clarify this as my goal, the better way to read this is 'let's lynch him in a general sense insomuch as I read him as scum, but I understand that other votes might take a bit of time to gather here, and I also appreciate the use of hammer intent and claim time for people to assess the wagon - and though I would like to see proactive advancement of that end goal within a short time, frankly within 48 hours having a hammer intent would please me immensely, it is not a statement that we must do it all immediately ;) )
And when asked by xwing about his vote for UC, Thor explained it in this post:
In post 145, Thor665 wrote:
In post 144, xwing wrote:@thor: it keeps me motivated to play the game..
Wow - I'm sorry reading my posts is that painful to you. :cry:
Frankly though, if you're town aren't you basically game throwing right now and being a jerk to all your fellow town team by not bothering to read posts to help catch a scum member or figure out a town member?
In post 144, xwing wrote:how exactly were you convinced of RCE's towniness?[/quote[
To clarify - I said starting to convince, not convinced.
For me the basic evidence is he doesn't appear to have a plan. Being lost tends to be a thing town are more comfortable with. Compare/contrast with Reundo who, even though he is admitting half his case on me might be wrong, is also still voting me and is ignoring that 2 players who were voting me are agreeing they had flawed reasoning while Reundo is attacking me for calling out flawed reasoning being used to vote me. If he's town, he's absolutely tunneled and not helpful. If he's scum - he's probably scared that admitting he was wrong and actually doing something different would 'look scummy' so he's digging in hard to avoid it. Either way it's not town minded. RCE is using terrible logic, but at least he seems generally interested to toss out a lot of town reads and also to (weakly) poke at new avenues. Makes it look like he might legit be trying to solve the game.
In post 144, xwing wrote:why is UC scum for you?
At this point - being purely unhelpful to town paired with not posting. If we can't sort him we might as well flip him because I wouldn't want him in lylo if this is how he'll be playing the rest of the game.

Want to vote him with me?
If nothing else it will allow someone to freak out that I'm asking for support on a wagon again.
Thor can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m getting the impression Thor’s vote for UC here very much had to do with the fact that UC was lurking and not contributing. In other words, he and I voted for UC for similar reasons. The main difference is that Thor was willing to commit to lynching UC at the time of his vote, whereas my vote was more about pressuring UC and getting his attention, in hopes of drawing him out from his lurking and to see how he would respond to being at L-1. But Ceejay is A-OK with Thor’s vote on his slot, but my vote for his slot is scummy, even though we both voted for UC for similar, if not exactly the same, reasons? How does that make any sense whatsoever?

And here is the post where xwing voted for UC:
In post 173, xwing wrote:@horror: even if im not convinced yet on vote usage, it's been noted by most people to be suspicious, so i concede that point for now and will be voting in this post..

[shockingly] i agree with thor that time's not enough..in my first game we adopted a mob lynch mentality on D1 simply coz we didnt have time to switch and ended up mislynching a townie who didnt defend himself well..i also agree that among the inactives,
UC seems most suspect coz of the nature of his prodges
..horror has already posted content, angel has just replaced (so the two others before really flaked)..

regarding my take on the inactives, i think we should be a bit wary in speculating their alignment, since in my first game, the two inactives were actually PR roles..whereas in reundo's, they were scum..all im saying is we can speculate but we shouldn't put too much importance on it..we wont know until they actively join the game..

VOTE: UCvoyager
So again, a vote for UC’s slot that was at least in part due to his inactivity/lurking. And again, Ceejay is A-OK with xwings vote on his slot as well…. It’s only my vote on his slot that he takes issue with. Even though all three of us voted for his slot because of inactivity/lurking. Makes perfect sense.

So ironically, my vote for UC’s slot was initially about merely trying to get UC’s attention, but Ceejay himself tipped his slot from a nullread to a scumread for me with his entrance to the game and his illogical stance that my vote, and only my vote, for him is scummy even when at least two of the other people on his wagon (Thor and xwing) voted for his slot for similar reasons.

This is why I have been content to keep my vote on Ceejay, as he is now in fact a full-blown scumread for me. But as I made clear in , I do have other people in my lynch pool that I am willing to vote for as well.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by volxen »

Also, I am not simultaneously scumreading and townreading NotNova in . I think I made it pretty clear that he is a scumread for me in that post as well as . But I am not 100% certain of him being scum, and on the off-chance that he is just misguided town that is horrifically misreading me, I was expressing a genuine concern of him inadvertently drawing suspicion to himself in the event that I am mislynched today. Because unlike everyone else on my wagon, he is the only one that has been hardcore death tunneling on me.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by xwing »

okay first off, im happy you're posting..
next..have you read reundo and ceejay's exchange in ? what do you think of ceejay's reasoning there? do you think it does not answer part of your argument?

can you rank your scum reads in order from most scummy to least scummy?
im assuming ceejay first, then?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 382, xwing wrote:okay first off, im happy you're posting..
next..have you read reundo and ceejay's exchange in ? what do you think of ceejay's reasoning there? do you think it does not answer part of your argument?

Ceejay's "reasoning" in for singling me out of all of the people on his wagon is illogical. He also said in that post that my "apparent lack of sorting" was scummy, but then I sorted everyone in the game in , which he never acknowledged in any of his subsequent posts. And it is quite ironic that he would even make that comment in the first place, as Ceejay himself has yet to sort the vast majority of the people in this game. Most of his content has been accusing me of being scum, voting for me, and expressing supposed frustration at "not understanding" me.

I would currently rank my scumreads from most scummy to least scummy as follows:

1. NotNova
2. Ceejay[UC]
3. Xwing
4. Haylen[Angel]
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I'd like to hear more from Haylen. It could very well be that scum are in the lurkers as most of the actives seem towny to me.

I'd like to hear more from haylen and sky. I've reason to suspect Thor is scum and I'm not so confident about Nova being scum anymore. If we have investigatives I'd like them focus on Nova/Thor. Ideally we lynch skygazer and he flips red and then we have some confirmed town tomorrow.

I'd really rather not lynch volxen or ceejay today and I guess those slots might be worth clearing too so they don't continue to get scumread incorrectly. We are coming pretty close to deadline so I'd like to know why people are unwilling to vote for skygazer?
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Reundo »

In post 363, xwing wrote: what do you think of volxen vs ceej? SvS? TvS? possible world of TvT?
SvS is unlikely, given ceejay was the second vote on volxen's wagon. If you're going to be lynched as scum, the last thing you'd want to do is fuel a counter-wagon against your own scum-buddy. The interactions between them would also have to be pretty good scum theater all things considered. I'd probably consider volxen the scummier one of the two, so if it is TvS then that's who I'd lean on being scum, but TvT is fairly plausible as well. The biggest gripe for me though is that volxen has a repeated pattern of misconstruing other player's cases and tries to make them out as less insignificant than they already are, and I don't really see a lot of town motivation in that. It's possible it's just unintentional if he's town, but combined with his lack of scum-hunting outside of his own wagon and his sudden spike in scum-hunting right as he's about to be lynched I'm not getting my hopes up.
In post 363, xwing wrote:im just not so confident because in my last game, the one we wanted to lynch didnt do a spectacular defense for himself but then ended up flipping town..so i want to hear your takes..
Yeah, Parrot's defense was pretty lackluster in that game, but the difference between the two is that outside of his defense his play wasn't geared towards a scum agenda at all. By comparison, if you look at volxen's ISO as a whole it seems like a lot of his play is more geared to scum than town, and that remains consistent even if you disregard volxen's defense.
In post 365, NotNova wrote: Just musing here, I kind of see a world where volxen/CT(RCE) is the scumteam. RCE defended volxen several times during the game — interesting that CT would do it too.
It's more of a goose-chase and might be a little on-the-nose for the scumteam to do that, but it's something to consider tomorrow.
Eh, it seemed more like off-hand comparisons to volxen's meta rather than a full-blown defense. At one point I sort of nudged him to speak up if he had any meta reason to town-read him, and he definitely wasn't keen to jump on my offer, and that was even before volxen was a viable wagon. If they were partners, I'd suspect RCE would either make more of an attempt to defend volxen before he got wagoned or just not bother at all -- limply defending his partner would only make him more suspect when volxen flips w/o any apparent gain.
In post 365, NotNova wrote: Even if volxen's not scum, CT/RCE get to look good by staying off of the wagon and taking a more passive approach.
This is a good point, and I'd also apply this to haylen as well. They've been throwing around town reads and asking questions, but they haven't committed to a strong scum-read or even voted anyone. I know they just replaced in, but everyone else who replaced in voted someone or voiced intent while haylen's mostly just sitting on the sidelines.
In post 384, CheekyTeeky wrote: I'd really rather not lynch volxen or ceejay today and I guess those slots might be worth clearing too so they don't continue to get scumread incorrectly. We are coming pretty close to deadline so I'd like to know why people are unwilling to vote for skygazer?
I thought your comment about sky possibly buddying up to Thor was interesting, but otherwise I'm not seeing that much scum-play from her. If I'd say anything about her play it's that her reads do feel kind of safe, but at the same time I wouldn't expect many surprises this late in the day either. I think the logic behind her posts is fine, and it's kind of how I'd expect her to construct reads going off of my last game with her. I feel she's playing subtly different from her other game, but I think it's more a change in play-style than anything AI. You haven't been pushing her too hard either, so past your replace-in entrance I'm kind of lost as to what else you're scum-reading her for.
In post 380, volxen wrote:@Reundo, in you said, "I'd be much more content lynching volxen than ceejay today". Can you explain why you find Ceejay towny then? He hasn't done much besides immediately vote for me and accuse me of being scum upon his entrance to the game
I don't see why you find someone "immediately voting for you" and "accusing you of scum" particularly scummy. You can't really scum-hunt w/o accusing someone of being scum, so I'm not sure why you bring it up as if it's something I'm supposed to be scum-reading him for.
In post 380, volxen wrote: and his reasoning was simply because I was on his predecessors’ wagon, which became his wagon.
I don't get how you arrived at this conclusion. His initial points for scum-reading you were "needlessly extending his posts" and "voting for inactive slots rather than pursuing more active players", the former being a complaint about play-style essentially and the latter being a shaky point that I can sort of see the reasoning behind. I liked his follow-up explanation better -- he noted your lack of clear stances and sorting, which I also found scummy. I'm town-reading ceejay because a lot of his logic for scum-reading you lines up with mine, and there's nothing he's done that's bothering me so far. I'd like him to throw out some more reads, but other than that I don't have any reason to suspect him so far.
In post 383, volxen wrote:He also said in that post that my "apparent lack of sorting" was scummy, but then I sorted everyone in the game in , which he never acknowledged in any of his subsequent posts.
Put yourself in ceejay's shoes -- if someone suddenly spits out a reads-list after you accuse them of lackluster sorting, would you be particularly impressed? At that point there's a lot more emphasis placed on quality than just merely doing said action, and it was apparent he wasn't thrilled by how you sorted him.
In post 380, volxen wrote: And it is quite ironic that he would even make that comment in the first place, as Ceejay himself has yet to sort the vast majority of the people in this game.
He recently replaced in when he made that comment -- do you expect players to sort the entire player-list right when they replace in? Why would he have to wait to sort players to call someone out for an "apparent lack of sorting", especially when said player had plenty of time to sort others if he wanted too?

Volxen's case on ceejay seems very similar to the one on NotNova -- it's basically just him picking apart their votes and explaining why they should be equally suspicious of other players for the reasons they voted him. It feels formulaic, and in both instances he pretty much narrows in on just their votes instead of considering whether other things they've done have been scummy or not. It's not very productive, and if he is town I'd like it if he thought out of the box a bit more.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by Haylen »

In post 366, NotNova wrote:Also @Thor — can I ask you in advance for an IC-hat guide on Day 2 on how PRs should act? Thanks.
Woah Woah Woah. What the heck is this? Smells like a setup to a fake claim to me. No townie would hint so heavily bout being a power role on Day One with little so pressure.

As for my comments and lack of reads, as I said I haven't played in 3 years and I'm still finding my feet. I also have a distain for Day One. You're seeing me gather my thoughts. I'm just trying to keep things short and sweet because this game is already heavy on the text walls.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Post by NotNova »

In post 386, Haylen wrote:
In post 366, NotNova wrote:Also @Thor — can I ask you in advance for an IC-hat guide on Day 2 on how PRs should act? Thanks.
Woah Woah Woah. What the heck is this? Smells like a setup to a fake claim to me. No townie would hint so heavily bout being a power role on Day One with little so pressure.

It tends to be a major point of discussion in early D2 from what I've seen, which is why I asked in advance.

That said, I REALLY don't appreciate you trying to speculate about me having a PR. It's incredibly anti-town. You should be bringing this up if and when I do claim.

I advise we drop this discussion immediately.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Post by Haylen »

In post 387, NotNova wrote:

It tends to be a major point of discussion in early D2 from what I've seen, which is why I asked in advance.

That said, I REALLY don't appreciate you trying to speculate about me having a PR. It's incredibly anti-town. You should be bringing this up if and when I do claim.

I advise we drop this discussion immediately.
Stop deflecting, you brought it up yourself. Anti-Town is advertising that you may have a power role to the game on day one when you aren't under pressure.

VOTE NOTNOVA

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:27 pm

Post by Haylen »

Besides, I'm advertising that I think you're setting yourself up for a fake claim, not that I think you're a power role.

NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Post by NotNova »

I'm not advertising anything, it's a very simple and sensible IC-directed question that you're blowing way out of proportion.

Consider the other two options (PR or VT) and try to make sense of what I was doing from that perspective instead of jumping the gun.

If you think you have a scum case that doesn't just hinge on this, I urge you to present it.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

VOTE: Reundo
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:42 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 343, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 341, ceejayvinoya wrote:@Volxen do you have a previous game that I can parse? Or is this your first?

Ceejay what are your thoughts on Horror/sky?
Townlean at this point. I'm seeing townp;ngs from her 261 and horror's posts look fine to me.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:49 pm

Post by NotNova »

Honestly, this whole thing irks me so much that I'm writing a follow-up post.

Let's try to interpret what I said from the viewpoints of various roles and why you'd want to call me out for supposed crumbing (which I still deny).

1) VT: Speeding up the early-day "who should claim" process and generally a good way for me to learn the setup and understand the flow of the game. This is partially a learning experience for me as well.
2) PR: Considering that this is my first-game on-site and in this setup, I could legitimately want instruction on how to behave and how to claim without making it overly obvious on D2 and risking revealing information, in addition to the above.
3) Scum: You have to assume that I'm legitimately crumbing and that I couldn't have used a more subtle crumb to back-up my supposed fakeclaim to interpret this as scummy. Then we have to assume I already planned out the fakeclaim, which I suppose is possible, but not overly probable considering today's lynch is still up in the air. Regardless, I can see a legitimate reason to suspect that this is scum-motivated behaviour.

However, let's look at your course of action assuming different alignments.

As town, you have a considerable incentive to err on the side of not pointing out that I'm crumbing in case that I really am a PR. No matter what you say, assuming you and I are both town, your post makes it much more likely for scum to assume that I'm a PR, leading to more incentive for them to hook/kill me tonight. If you really think I'm scum, then you can use it as your own personal alarm and go through my ISO to try to find other ways to explain my scumminess without potentially exposing a PR. If I really do end up claiming, that's when you come out of the gates with your suspicion. It gives you a reason to watch out for the way I develop my supposed eventual claim and determine whether it is scummy and you avoid pointing out a potential PR to scum. By all this, I interpret your actions as anti-town. If we assume you are town, I really don't believe you haven't thought this through very well.

I believe potential PR-pings are one of the few cases it makes sense to withhold info as town, simply because the eventual consequence of pointing out a PR to scum is devastating for all of town.

However, there's a much greater incentive for you to do this as scum.

Let's assume scum!Haylen really did think I was crumbing, but wasn't quite sure. Therefore, he pressed me and pointed it out to try to get me to reveal more information about my role and make more intelligent decisions tonight. Considering your case entirely fails to take into consideration what I have been doing all-game, it feels extremely surface-level and with the fact that you're starting a lolwagon literally a day before the deadline, it doesn't inspire much confidence in me.

You were not offering any other good scumreads up until this point (i.e. fencesitting). You made a grand total of 5 posts, while CT, who replaced after you, made over four times as many. Trying to keep things "short and sweet" isn't a good excuse for not contributing. These are all confounding factors for me to interpret your actions as scum-motivated.

This is such a fiasco in my eyes that you dove way down in my readslist. I could lynch either you or volxen at this point.

As an aside, if you really are town, it's incredibly frustrating for me to contribute for two weeks and try to offer as much content as transparency as possible, only for some guy to misinterpret one post and call it a case against me.

Am I the only one who sees more scum-rationale than town-rationale for Haylen's action? This really doesn't seem town-play in my eyes, even accounting for the fact that it's me he was talking about and how flustered it makes me.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:51 pm

Post by NotNova »

EBWOP: "I really don't believe you haven't thought this through very well." > "I really believe you haven't though this through very well."

My first language uses double negatives, so I sometimes slip up - sorry to any language prescriptivists out there.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 353, volxen wrote:
In post 341, ceejayvinoya wrote:@Volxen do you have a previous game that I can parse? Or is this your first?
My only completed game is Newbie 1885 (I was town in it). Here is a link to it: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77049
You played well there. It doesn't merge with what I see here. I'm more certain now that volxen is scum here. He's much more townie and straightforward in this game he linked.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:19 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 380, volxen wrote:@Reundo, in you said, "I'd be much more content lynching volxen than ceejay today". Can you explain why you find Ceejay towny then? He hasn't done much besides immediately vote for me and accuse me of being scum upon his entrance to the game, and his reasoning was simply because I was on his predecessors’ wagon, which became his wagon.
That's not my only reason wtf is this
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:22 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 383, volxen wrote:
In post 382, xwing wrote:okay first off, im happy you're posting..

Ceejay's "reasoning" in for singling me out of all of the people on his wagon is illogical. He also said in that post that my "apparent lack of sorting" was scummy, but then I sorted everyone in the game in , which he never acknowledged in any of his subsequent posts. And it is quite ironic that he would even make that comment in the first place, as Ceejay himself has yet to sort the vast majority of the people in this game. Most of his content has been accusing me of being scum, voting for me, and expressing supposed frustration at "not understanding" me.

I would currently rank my scumreads from most scummy to least scummy as follows:

1. NotNova
2. Ceejay[UC]
3. Xwing
4. Haylen[Angel]
My problem is because you did this AFTER I called you out on it. :facepalm:
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:28 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Woah Woah Woah. What the heck is this? Smells like a setup to a fake claim to me. No townie would hint so heavily bout being a power role on Day One with little so pressure
The way you called this out seemed unnecessary to me. That doesn't look like much of a post a pr can point to if they want to claim their role.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:02 am

Post by NotNova »

Another edit: Haylen, I noticed your profile contains preferred pronoun. I referred to you as "he" and a guy in my post. If that offends you, I apologize, it was out of ignorance and not malice.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”