Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by implosion »

Here's where I'm at in this game right now.

I still have some degree of townreads on Creature, skitter, Gamma, N_M, and probably Carcalilly though don't ask me to explain that one because it's not solid at all. A50 I really dislike the last few pages of. It feels like he's trying to manipulate the rhetoric of the game in a sort of underhanded way to his advantage and I'm not going to push that at all because it's also very shaky. CreativeMod is probably at least 90% town for the claim in this situation. I don't have a solid scumread that I'm still feeling good about anymore, and need more from BuJaber to evaluate that read more accurately. I think Penguin is a great candidate for scum, though. I think there's a decent chance I'd have townread him by now if he were town. I don't think I have meaningful opinions on anyone else.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 600, implosion wrote:I don't have a solid scumread that I'm still feeling good about anymore
See, that's the problem with me too. Those who are active enough all look town to various degrees, but I very much doubt the whole scum team is lurking.

UNVOTE:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Also, the reaction from implosion to me voting him is more likely to come from town than scum. He didn't even bother ask me for a case, which means he either doesn't care of is reading with comprehension.

Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

ahahahahahahhaha

no
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

Implo's trying to hard not bus because he tried hard bussing last game and I called his teammates out for it :P
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 604, Music and Mail wrote:Implo's trying to hard not bus because he tried hard bussing last game and I called his teammates out for it :P
...except i hard townread both of my scumbuddies in that game???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

In post 605, implosion wrote:
In post 604, Music and Mail wrote:Implo's trying to hard not bus because he tried hard bussing last game and I called his teammates out for it :P
...except i hard townread both of my scumbuddies in that game???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
but your team isn't bussing you this time.
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

i suppose i'm assigning meaning to meaningless details given there's no scumchat to organize things.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 402, skitter30 wrote:
In post 310, BuJaber wrote:Well it's a big fucking deal, if this is NAI for you then my TR on you is unfounded. You drop down to a nullread, the case on implosion falls apart because you might be scum, the SR on PP is slightly weakened because it is solely limited to his NM push now.

You just invalidated everything I did this game.
The only silver lining is you linked yourself to implosion (and slightly to PP). So at least if one of you flips scum the other is confscum.

I hope you're underestimating your own scumgame.

Updates: A50 town. Imp null. Gamma + skitter possible scum. (too many people voting me this early.. 100% 1+ is scum and since the wagon will probably dissipate for being an early one they think they'll be safe from scrutiny)
i read this like four times and i don't follow. implosion is scum for pushing town!gamma but what gamma did is nai (and thus gamma might be scum) so implosion isn't scummy for that anymore but if gamma is scum then implosion is too?

so you thus have a nullread on implosion even though he's scummy irregardless of gamma's alignment?

and what do i have to do with this and how am i scummier? and how did a50 become town here?

A50 townread was just an extra it wasn't related. Call it gut. There's a certain playfulness about him. And while I have no doubt he's competent at imitating his town posting as scum, I don't know if he's able to give off the same tone as well.

You are only in the scum pool for PoE reasons for being one of my voters.

I explained the process but implosion was scummy for pushing a town!gamma when I thought gamma cannot be scum by meta. Knowing that gamma CAN be scum invalidates that. So if gamma is scum implosions actions ON THEIR OWN are more likely town indicative. However it was gamma stating that about his own meta that makes me suspicious of implosion because indirectly he has defended implosion. Had gamma flipped scum without saying anything for example, I would have no reason to suspect implosion. But since he did talk, implosion got associated with him.

==
In post 314, BuJaber wrote:
In post 309, skitter30 wrote:also i think carca may be town but i'm not sure; her playstyle is the sort that i have trouble reading
Creature, you, and gamma have sll played with me before yet all 3 of you are scumreading me.

Carca who has never played with me before is townreading me.

You don't find that suspicious?
uh no?

why should i trust carca's read more than gamma's/mine/creature's?

actually my point here is the opposite. I know I'm town, but 3 people who know me have all scumread me this game. Knowing me, I find it harder to believe that in such a scenario where I am scumread by 3 people who know me, I get one person who doesn't know me that townreads me. It felt like she had inside knowledge.

I know that sounds contradictory.. how could you trust your read over hers when I am telling you you're wrong. But it's because from my pov everything I'm doing is townie, I just can't guarantee it comes off that way to others. Multiple people sharing the same read gives it quite a lot of credibility, to the point where maybe I really am coming off as scummy.

But beyond that my experience with people who play with me for the first time is to be scumread by or at least untrusted by them. For some reason mastina is the only one I recall breaking that pattern, bless her heart.

So when carca states a townread like that at that moment in the game it makes me uneasy.

==
In post 335, BuJaber wrote:
In post 316, implosion wrote:Unless you're going off of some notion that I should have been townreading gamma at that point but the new information you got made it so that I shouldn't have been townreading gamma, which I have even more problems with.
Exactly. I don't see what the problem is.

I thought I was right about gamma. So it looked like you wanted to lynch a townie. But now it's gamma himself that defended you so it's different.
If he had not said anything then it follows that if he flips town you'd be scum because then I'd be correct that you voted a townie for vague meta reasons.
this feels very black and white to me; it's an entirely possible that a townie can vote a townie for vague meta reasons

Maybe so but how likely is it that 2 townies vote another townie for the same vague meta reasons? Especially when it's very early game, looks very much like 1 scum 1 town. But again we now need gamma's flip desperately for information. I hope people will see that eventually.

In post 399, BuJaber wrote:This feels like town!NM
have you correctly read him in the past?
I don't know if I have. But I recall one instance of him playing very similar to this where I tried to engage him to get more out of him and he still stuck to his few-words-no-explanation-naked-reads kind of posts and I scumread him for that and he flipped town. He was also posting a lot of irrelevant shit about math and whatnot which with the amount of posts he wasted here seems similar. I don't like making the same mistake twice.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 497, Music and Mail wrote:scum topic, clearly?
I just remembered that this game has no daychat for scum but that doesn't change my concern that her questioning him and not me is a TMI read.
I was going to question you on this but you are aware of the thing I thought you weren’t
I want to give townpoints for that tbh
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 523, Music and Mail wrote:Oh goody. I mean :cry: but I get to say a lot of stuff here.
I’m thinking this Postie head?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

Postie is busy with RL stuff and won't be posting that much if at all but you can pass on messages to her from me and I'm passing on anything she says.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 538, Almost50 wrote:
In post 527, Music and Mail wrote:a50 is scum and implosion is scum and I wouldn't be surprised if gamma was the third.
That's the most ridiculous scum team I have seen in a while, bro.

I accept being suspected (and especially by you. remember that beginners game off-site where you and doggo had me SRd for no good reason and we ended up losing it bc of your tunneling?). The point is NOT to show you don't know how to read me as much as it is to show it's normal for me to be SR by you anyway.

My problem here is you're calling out the people I do TR. None of skitter, implosion or creature comes even close to being a SR to me right now, and to convince me otherwise would actually need you to provide a real case w.o. shouting out hysterically to lynch X "bc they're scum".

Can we please play a game of Mafia and not one of
Scott Pilgrim
RadiantCowbells vs the World? My name is not Chesskid; and as such I don't enjoy the way you two did in the competition game.

That said, I am leaning towards your slot being town here. Is it anything solid? Absolutely not. Do I want to lynch you today? The answer is definitely not. We can probably work together to solve this game, but you need to calm down and take your time to develop real reads.. or not! :neutral:
Oh does transcend still play elsewhere? I dunno if I want to avoid him or find him and kick his ass for large 210
As for RC’s scumreads I’d at least like to know how they relate to each other?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 611, Music and Mail wrote:Postie is busy with RL stuff and won't be posting that much if at all but you can pass on messages to her from me and I'm passing on anything she says.
Well I doubt I’ll have much to say unless she has something to say herself and I’m responding to that
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 541, implosion wrote:
In post 526, Music and Mail wrote:Having me sorted later in the game ups the odds of you not having to sort me at all because of scum nightkill.
Having me sorted earlier in the game means leashing most-all of the doctors onto protecting me.
with all due respect
no one but you cares as much as you do about ensuring your survival, and i'm sure you'll agree that stepping out of the frame of knowing you're town, having you sorted by a cop early would be pretty handy. I'm not necessarily advocating for that (I don't think it's a good idea at a glance to do anything to try to lead PRs around in this setup) but it's by no means bad from a neutral perspective.

99% of what skitter has said in the past 2 pages reads town to me, with the exception of a line that I think I had been misreading and can't even find on rereading where I thought she was townreading rc in a weird way and I'm not gonna try to keep finding it. I very much buy the way she's insisting this is outside her scumrange. I think most players who commonly talk about themselves as being easy to read are basically incapable of faking the "there's no way I can do this as scum" types of exchanges and it doesn't look bad to me at a glance.

VOTE: PenguinPower

I'm a little tempted to start BoP'ing rc though. But that can come in a few days if he keeps this up.
How is this play by RC worth a BoP read?
<Embrace The Void>

Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

He's just scum, yo.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 548, Music and Mail wrote:Investigate me.

Now that I am conftown or soon to be

VOTE: Implosion

Sheep conftown tytyty
I second the motion to have CreativeMod investigate M&M.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 567, implosion wrote:This is quickly turning into a commentary on various forms of government.
How???
This is such a ridiculous tangent it feels like misdirection
<Embrace The Void>

Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

Just remember that Almost50 wanted to pretend that he supported an Implosion lynch, doccing me to allow me to be copped, and playing the game from there but when push comes to shove he keeps trying to avoid it.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 614, Gamma Emerald wrote:How is this play by RC worth a BoP read?
Because he's claimed to have meta'd me to the point where he shouldn't be reading me wrong, at least this confidently.
This is such a ridiculous tangent it feels like misdirection
It was a joke.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@RC: That's an ugly misrep. I threatened to not protect you to get implosion to accept that the correct mechanical play is the correct mechanical play, He said he won't lynch someone for a mechanical reason, which is an implicit admission it is the correct play .. mechanically. Ya dig?

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah those responses don’t do much to convince me you’re Town
VOTE: implosion
<Embrace The Void>

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by implosion »

The fact that you're scumreading 567 is ridiculous to the point where it doesn't merit a response.

What's your issue with the other response?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 622, implosion wrote:The fact that you're scumreading 567 is ridiculous to the point where it doesn't merit a response.

I don’t think having an off read is something that necessitates a BoP lynch. It warrants skepticism yes, but autolynching for that is a bad call. Me and MariaR have a good history of reading each other but MariaR also has a precedent of messing up sometimes, that doesn’t mean she’s scum for it.
<Embrace The Void>

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 623, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 622, implosion wrote:The fact that you're scumreading 567 is ridiculous to the point where it doesn't merit a response.

I don’t think having an off read is something that necessitates a BoP lynch. It warrants skepticism yes, but autolynching for that is a bad call. Me and MariaR have a good history of reading each other but MariaR also has a precedent of messing up sometimes, that doesn’t mean she’s scum for it.
Does it look like I'm autolynching RC????

Return to “Completed Open Games”