Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Toranaga »

you're being a little grumpy though

ausuka didn't tell you not to bring up meta, just don't have a fight about his mistakes in that game

you're totally doing this, right? I read this game today, I know how you've been dealing with ezekel and it feels like outside the game grudge that no one but the two of you care about. that's what she doesn't want happening here probably. you can bring up past games just fine. she is not modding your right to case people.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 425, EzekelRAGE wrote:Gambit vs Guerilla(Saudade voting) – I can see both sides of this. While I did find it odd that Woo would unvote the Saud lynch because he stated he didn’t care if he got lynched or not. I myself wouldn’t have questioned the lynch since there are only 2 scum this game. Meaning most of the ppl voting Saudade were town. It’s day 1, not much to go on. So let Saudade lynch happen, check flip, question those who did driveby votes the next day phase.

Seems Woo skipped the lynch step and wanted to question the ppl who voted.
I can read that as town actually wondering how the wagon formed. I wondered the same, but would’ve went about It differently.
I can read it as a play from scum.

Slightly reading it as a town action path reading up til that point.

I don’t know how to read Saudade and his play style.

Will read up on everything after that.
Toranga. Help me out for a second. Am I misreading this or is rage saying he slightly town reads guerilla for his actions.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 875, Toranaga wrote:you're being a little grumpy though

ausuka didn't tell you not to bring up meta, just don't have a fight about his mistakes in that game

you're totally doing this, right? I read this game today, I know how you've been dealing with ezekel and it feels like outside the game grudge that no one but the two of you care about. that's what she doesn't want happening here probably. you can bring up past games just fine. she is not modding your right to case people.
You’re clearly misreading it. I had no ill will towards rage until he started accusing me of lying. He effectively shut down scum hunting all together and tunneled me because I “lied” and I spent the day trying to get him to stop.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Doughboy »

Whatever. Y’all think what you want. I know the truth and that’s all that matters.
Show

Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Toranaga »

you remind me a lot of tchill tbh

your heart is in the right place but I don't think anyone else is gonna see ezekel as scum this gameday
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 876, Doughboy wrote:
In post 425, EzekelRAGE wrote:Gambit vs Guerilla(Saudade voting) – I can see both sides of this. While I did find it odd that Woo would unvote the Saud lynch because he stated he didn’t care if he got lynched or not. I myself wouldn’t have questioned the lynch since there are only 2 scum this game. Meaning most of the ppl voting Saudade were town. It’s day 1, not much to go on. So let Saudade lynch happen, check flip, question those who did driveby votes the next day phase.

Seems Woo skipped the lynch step and wanted to question the ppl who voted.
I can read that as town actually wondering how the wagon formed. I wondered the same, but would’ve went about It differently.
I can read it as a play from scum.

Slightly reading it as a town action path reading up til that point.

I don’t know how to read Saudade and his play style.

Will read up on everything after that.
Toranga. Help me out for a second. Am I misreading this or is rage saying he slightly town reads guerilla for his actions.
yeah he does. you find it scummy that he does? you think he is scum with guerilla?
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 880, Toranaga wrote:yeah he does. you find it scummy that he does? you think he is scum with guerilla?
Do an iso of him starting at that post. Look how many posts he makes before calling him scum and putting him at l-1.
Show

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I think I am subconsciously town reading toranga bc word count but I dont see any scum posting either

Will have to iso them later

Hard skimming anything about whatever happened in some other game
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I still believe I am game solving harder than prohawk and invite those who disagree to better argue it than saying we are both inactive
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Pretty sure Toranaga is Town now. I recently had a game with him where he replaced into a scum slot and didn’t do nearly as much as he has here.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 881, Doughboy wrote:
In post 880, Toranaga wrote:yeah he does. you find it scummy that he does? you think he is scum with guerilla?
Do an iso of him starting at that post. Look how many posts he makes before calling him scum and putting him at l-1.
I'll do it.

you and alchemist are the only people I'm sure are town. I'm not saying the same thing about saudade, rage or anyone else. everytime people go at each other the way you guys did, it's read as genuine and it's hard not to shrug it off as tvt violence. I haven't read much from rage, I just skimmed through it. I don't think he is a very good candidate as a lynch d1 in this game. I'd rather lynch a lurker.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 874, Toranaga wrote:you've been both fine IMO and this is overmodding

we leave it for postgame

at any rate I think ezekel is town and I don't think lying is necessarily a scummy thing to do, unless ofc it's about your alignment :P
You know what I’m gonna take a different tack than the last time I was in a game where the mod overmodded. Instead of getting mad at the mod I’m just considering Doughboy mod-spewed town. It’s what happened when I overmodded and I think it’s more than fair here, and I doubt I’m screwing up my read here.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 506, EzekelRAGE wrote:Gambit – DB is my most suspicious, not Woo. I could be reading that wrong and you just meant more ppl overall found Woo suspicious than anyone else.

Alchemist – nice posts about reads of other player’s actions. Takes me from slight scum lean to neutral/slight town.

Tommy After DB my next biggest scum read would be Woo. That’s not saying much though and relies on the me vs db situation. The way Woo went about minimizing my argument to “it’s just about him saying something about your voting confidence”. If he read what I posted he would know it wasn’t just that. While Alchemist otho seemed to come from a neutral view point on the situation.
Wanted the back and forth between me and db to stop, cuz it can go on for several pages and labels it “misunderstanding”. While it seem some arguing between other posters has taken just as long.
Wants gambit out for lying multiple times but I mentioned DB lied multiple times as well , and he doesn’t seem to understand where I’m coming from.
I think gambit called him out on how he starting cursing and stuff when being pressured about something. I forget what specifically happened though. But
so after slight townreading him, he makes this big post explaining his scumread and then votes guerilla. there's absolutely nothing scummy about this, DB.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Doughboy »

:facepalm:
Show

EzekelRAGE
EzekelRAGE
Goon
EzekelRAGE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by EzekelRAGE »

In post 696, EzekelRAGE wrote:Alchemist - Same as before. Scum lean earlier because of dva slot lynch attempt. Feeling much better about him with posting. Prodding for information.
Tommy - Scum lean earlier for the same reason I did Alchemist. When Woo was going on because he misunderstood what I posted, stepped in and cleared the situation up. Townie lean for that since most scum may have just let it go on. Questioning of votes and trying to get ppl's perspective on things beside their main focus feels townie to me.
DvA - Null/Meh read
Wilky - Replacement for DvA. Nice intro into thread asking about reads and whatnot. Null for now.
-----In reply to your post Had a slight scum lean on him and Tommy due to trying to lynch dva spot because of replacement angle.
Flubber - Null/Meh
Gamma - Null, unlike my previous null reads, gamma has enough posts for me to look at. I just don't know how to read them. Does try to comment on most topics at hand, which I give a slight town lean for.
GuerillaWoo - Already stated earlier why i had a scum lean on him. Didnt really bother to defend himself about what I said. So remains the same really. Only thing that has changed is he has grown more hostile. I don't care for the hostility he displays when things doesnt go his way. Main thing seems to be him vs Gambit.
Gambit - Null. Seems the bulk of his posts have to do with a misunderstanding between him and Woo. Now AWOL.
Prohawk - Null.
Saudade - Town lean
Updated read list to add toranga.
Toranga - replacement for gambit. Questions and analyzes things. I like seeing his thought process on matters. Town reading him.

Will probably do a reread of ISO’s 2mrw to see if my reads changed.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think Ezekiel’s read on me is town indicative
Not for how he’s reading me, but for how he phrased it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Yeah.

Toranga your read-based PoE is missing the central conceit that the guy you replaced into, Ezekel, and most people on my wagon are fucking dumb. I've had to be in this thread answering questions like "Why didn't you label it a readlist" and "You unvoted therefore you voted" and "Why didn't you do this thing you very obviously did/why did you do this thing you blatantly didn't do". I've had someone literally to my face explain to me why a stupid 1v1 they've carried 20 pages that I've asked them to shut up about in various tones of politeness and impoliteness, why it is in fact a very distracting and unproductive 1v1.

No one here seems to empathize with the fact I've spent a week trapped in a q&a with paranoid schizophrenic lobotomy patients. Actually once wilky came in and asked me something sensible I was fucking grateful.

So you can call my frustration "annoying" or you can understand the immediate shit throwing apeishness that occurred every time I did something sensible.

Either way, I absolutely refuse to contribute until someone fucking acknowledges this so I don't feel insane.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I get it

I've skimmed through most of the stuff tbh

how do you feel about prohawk?
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Null afker. He's slipped under even my own radar admittedly. The dynamics of the game before Dva and Gambit replaced out had me looking at different lurkers, so maybe reexamining him is a good idea. I actually like your read on him showing up suddenly, I hadn't really payed attention to that. However, lurking isn't inherently bad. Like your predecessor made a whole big thing about me accusing him of lurking (which I didn't but wtv) but the issue with it is the intent of staying back. Also I don't think scum would be like "here I am!" as soon as someone wonders where they are, although the way I worded my post didn't throw any suspicion at him so maybe he felt it was safe.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I'm townreading your posts now in real time so maybe catching up on a rush gave me the wrong impression
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Np. I woke up today and saw 5 new pages then rolled my eyes so, can't imagine what 30's been like.

Right now I think we should collectively wait.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Actually maybe I should be reexamining all my reads.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 895, GuerillaWoo wrote:Np. I woke up today and saw 5 new pages then rolled my eyes so, can't imagine what 30's been like.

Right now I think we should collectively wait.
Deadline is somewhat close; why?
<Embrace The Void>

ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by ProHawk »

***Personal Rant***

I join games on this site because the majority of players here are fun and enjoyable to play with. I don't get into a lot of games because life takes a lot of my time and leaves me with little for other things that I like to do. This game has ABSOLUTELY proved this wrong. The people in this playerlist are uninviting, people who resort insults rather than invistigate, people who could care less to have a little light-hearted fun and play a GAME. This probably doesn't apply to all of you but to the majority it does unfortunately. And it sucks, and it makes it so you don't have motivation to sift through the drudgery in order to play the game and make posts. Hell look at all of the replacements that have already replaced out.

***Personal Rant***

With that said, I make it a point to not replace out of games that I have committed to unless there is a reason I cannot play which this is not. This is people not liking my time commitment to scour the thread making posts which unfortunately the meta here is to equate this as "town". It is also the reason why we are jumping down a quick-lynch rabbit hole with less than three days remaining to secure a lynch, which should have been started a few real days ago.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 670, Doughboy wrote:
In post 668, ProHawk wrote:Who said you weren't? You've been about as active and participating about as much as I have.
The difference is he nearly site flaked and you didn’t. You are still voting your rvs vote which somehow became serious because his “posts have been scummy”.

What kind of reason is that anyway?
WTF is a site-flake?
In post 682, Tommy wrote: My vote was based on the fact that DVa was lurking, which they said was because they didn't have time to play. The replace-out gives that a lot of weight.

VOTE: ProHawk

My entire case on him is that he lurks.
This is piss-poor considering DVa never said they didn't have time to play. Would me replacing out change your mind on my slot?

In post 685, Gamma Emerald wrote:I recall ProHaek lurked our of his last scumgame I was present for
What scum-game were you present for?
In post 700, Doughboy wrote:2. I want you to sort players in the game. I want you to scum hunt and be useful. Right now you look like lurking scum hoping to fly under the radar. You definitely don’t look like town who wants to find scum and win. If you are town, do something to change that please.
Fair enough. I'm not someone who telegraphs a lot, so if you are wondering, just ask. Like...
In post 711, Doughboy wrote:
In post 695, Saudade wrote:and the fact that i read everything else by him and nothing pinged me as too odd
His lack of scum hunting wasn’t odd? His lack of actual reasons for scum reading dva wasn’t either?

Yeah you are scum.

VOTE: saudade
Just because I hadn't made a "case" or a post about them doesn't mean that I don't have actual reasons. And yeah Saudade hit the nail on the head here with this post.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”