Newbie 1892 | Stuff I found online V | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:53 am

Post by xx2008 »

In post 87, Korina wrote:
In post 85, Lamees wrote:
In post 63, Korina wrote:
Formerfish wrote:I get that. And I want him to respond first.

I guess I'm just curious why you single my vote out as something that needs discussing. You didn't say anything when flavor voted for me without any explanation. Or say anything about anyone else's votes.

Did I land on your scumbuddy and you need to figure out how much I know?
No, I already said that Acri is my SK buddy

Also, yours was the only one I really wanted to question the most because "He knows why" is really mysterious.
Everyone else's I've seen, are rather self-explanatory (IMO), or don't have a reasoning.
Flavor Leaf wrote:I took the “he knows why” as a subtle nod to them knowing each other, and having some kind of story from a past game. I do that a lot in RVS towards people that I had memorable games/moments with, especially if it’s the first game with said player since.
If that's the case, he just has to literally say that, (obviously I'd ask what the story is), then I'd be happy.
The bold part. What do you mean?
Reply to the bolded part: We have established very well that SK is an impossibility in this game. We're still somewhat in RVS, and as such, you'll still see jokes from me. I'm more prone to take a joke from RVS and run with it the entire game.

If I had said "my mafia buddy is acri" that's a different story.
I (jokingly) said that I'm a third-party role, and that Acri is a third-party role, that somehow both know each other...?

The original joke was because I didn't see the pun on FF's name, and saw that LCPL voted Acri, and decided to start a joke from that.
As for awkwardness, if you're talking about me joking around, that's normal for my town-meta.
I'm slowly trying to shift my meta to be more serious play, (however, it's kinda obvious that's not really the case here)
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:56 am

Post by xx2008 »

^This post clears up that you do joke around while town, but the rest of it is confusing.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Korina »

In post 99, xx2008 wrote:I understand you're joking, but something tells me they're scummy.
Is this your normal playstyle?
Yes, my normal playstyle is to joke around at the start of the game.
[Removed]

Don't talk about ongoing games --P
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.03

Baby Red Pandas at ZooBorns

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Flavor Leaf
(2): acrimoniusalpaca, Formerfish
LCpl Jones
(2): Korina, dojaj
Formerfish
(1): Flavor Leaf
acrimoniusalpaca
(1): LCpl Jones
dojaj
(1): xx2008
kaldridge1025
(1): Lamees

Not Voting
(1): kaldridge1025

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-10-05 07:45:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:17 am

Post by dojaj »

In post 99, xx2008 wrote:I understand you're joking, but something tells me they're scummy.
Were ypuvreally just suspicious of korina or are you distracting everyone else from the possibility of you being scummy
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:29 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 97, dojaj wrote:VOTE: LCpl Jones
This seems a bit out of the blue. Is there any reason for this or "just" RVS?
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:38 am

Post by dojaj »

In post 105, LCpl Jones wrote:
It’s not random at all I read all your posts and cake to the conclusion that you’re overly social
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:44 am

Post by dojaj »

Came *
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:45 am

Post by Lamees »

kaldridge has posted so

UNVOTE: kaldridge1025
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:54 am

Post by xx2008 »

In post 104, dojaj wrote:
Were ypuvreally just suspicious of korina or are you distracting everyone else from the possibility of you being scummy
I was suspicious of him, because the tone of his posts didn't seem natural at first.
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:56 am

Post by dojaj »

In post 109, xx2008 wrote:
I was suspicious of him, because the tone of his posts didn't seem natural at first.
True hmmmm
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:18 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that but ok, fair enough. Maybe you mean that I'm a bit "verbose" for lack of a better word? That's my normal playstyle, always has been.

Also, I don't like that you immediiately jump from attacking XX on his Korina push then to me then you agree with XX about Korina. That seems a bit inconsistent, kind of like you're flailing around a bit trying to push a few different people and see what happens. But... that's more of a towntell to me imo in this stage since that's the only way to get info this early.
acrimoniusalpaca
acrimoniusalpaca
Townie
acrimoniusalpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by acrimoniusalpaca »

This also seems like a likely situation.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Has xx come off as scum to you so far?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 106, dojaj wrote:
It’s not random at all I read all your posts and cake to the conclusion that you’re overly social
So you are saying that your vote is a serious one and your reasoning for your serious vote is that someone is too chatty in the first 4-5 pages? Thats weak sauce bro. Im not even a huge fan of the guy being voted, but for reasoning like that Im going to speak to it.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 112, acrimoniusalpaca wrote:
Why do you say this? What led you to believe that of all things that are possible in this world and in this game specifically that the hair brained, half cocked idea is a likely situation? I would love to see why you are so willing to call xx scum at this point. Care to point towards his posts that helped you for your read?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Hey, guys. Just got back home. It’s late, and I’ll get to this tomorrow.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:49 am

Post by Korina »

What about xx do you find scummy Doj?
Overall, (mainly since we're still somewhat in RVS), I see him as null.
In post 106, dojaj wrote:
Care to eli5 (explain like I'm five) your thought process on overly social equaling scum?
I see someone being extremely social and talkative NAI (or Not Alignment Indicative), if not, slightly leaning more towards Town if only on the basis of "Scum don't wanna be seen, so they'd talk less."
In post 113, Formerfish wrote:
Has xx come off as scum to you so far?
Like I said earlier, I find xx to be over all nullish so far.
Then again, I haven't really put forth a lot of time in trying to sort people yet.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Lamees »

VOTE: kaldridge1025

sorry I know it's your first game but so is it for many of us, but no lurkiness/lack of activity from anyone else
acrimoniusalpaca
acrimoniusalpaca
Townie
acrimoniusalpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:59 am

Post by acrimoniusalpaca »

Agreeing with Lamees, I feel that it is in Town's benefit to lynch silent lurking players. If they are town, they are not doing any good for the town. If they are mafia, then it is good for the town. So I'm voting
UNVOTE: Flavour Leaf
VOTE: kalridge1025

I feel this also makes RVS less R.
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:02 am

Post by dojaj »

In post 111, LCpl Jones wrote:... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that but ok, fair enough. Maybe you mean that I'm a bit "verbose" for lack of a better word? That's my normal playstyle, always has been.

Also, I don't like that you immediiately jump from attacking XX on his Korina push then to me then you agree with XX about Korina. That seems a bit inconsistent, kind of like you're flailing around a bit trying to push a few different people and see what happens. But... that's more of a towntell to me imo in this stage since that's the only way to get info this early.
Hmmmmm
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Korina »

VOTE: kaldridge

Sure, let's start a wagon to help get us further out of RVS.
Normally I would be against lynching lurkers, (mainly because of the site frowns upon it), however, I'll put that aside for now, seeing as everyone else has posted a bit, and they haven't.

My vote is currently L-2, so if two more people vote Kald, then Kald would be lynched.

I'll quickly catch-up and reply to a few posts that I'm curious about in a few moments.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:20 am

Post by Korina »

Do you think that xx is actually scum here Dojaj?
In post 110, dojaj wrote:
True hmmmm
Care to share what you make of that post?
In post 111, LCpl Jones wrote:... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that but ok, fair enough. Maybe you mean that I'm a bit "verbose" for lack of a better word? That's my normal playstyle, always has been.

Do you care to explain why that's townie to you?
I don't really see it as townie, however, I'm struggling to get into words why I exactly find it scummy
Why do you think that it's a likely situation?
What posts from dojaj lead you to thinking that xx is scum?
In post 120, dojaj wrote:

Hmmmmm
Once again, what do you make of this post? "Hmmmmm" doesn't really help us out in trying to determine what you're thinking.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:37 am

Post by dojaj »

In post 122, Korina wrote:
Do you think that xx is actually scum here Dojaj?
In post 110, dojaj wrote:
True hmmmm
Care to share what you make of that post?

Do you care to explain why that's townie to you?
I don't really see it as townie, however, I'm struggling to get into words why I exactly find it scummy
Why do you think that it's a likely situation?
What posts from dojaj lead you to thinking that xx is scum?
In post 120, dojaj wrote:

Hmmmmm
Once again, what do you make of this post? "Hmmmmm" doesn't really help us out in trying to determine what you're thinking.
Idk guys I really still can’t tell anyone’s intentions I’m wondering if it’s Jones regular play or f my initial method of him being super nice is a revrse psychology method hmmm who knows. And the contradiction is cuz I understood his point of view. I just tend to be diplomatic ;) anyways I still feel suspicious about jones so I’ll wait it out a day or two more
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:25 am

Post by xx2008 »

I don’t like to put too much pressure on a lurky player because they could be either alignment and simply not put that much time into this game.
I actually find dojaj a bit scummy.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”