newbie 1891: people with cool hair (game over!!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:59 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 32, Relentless Hunt wrote:Right after I vote notasexualobject I get voted on by another person with a flimsy reason? I mean I have a shitty reason to vote for sexualobject (xd) as well,however,I did not vote for her AFTER someone voted to lynch me like Qubu.

I think sexualobject and Qubu are two Mafia.
The paranoia about the scum ganging up on him felt extremely real and I don't think scum him would have thought to fake that line of reasoning.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:07 am

Oh what the fuck Nonny has a 2004 join date
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:43 am

Object wanna sheep me on Nonny?
notasexualobject
notasexualobject
Townie
notasexualobject
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:59 am

Post by notasexualobject »

My vote was already on nonny. But I'm actually going to switch it.

VOTE: Relentless Hunt

I disagree, I think his reaction was genuine, but not in the way you're suggesting. I don't think he had paranoia about scum ganging up on him. He wanted to dissuade the unwanted attention off of him as quick as possible. The fact he claimed the 2 of us as scum so certainly is odd as well. Town usually adds more room for error.

I'm willing to bet he's scum
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:05 am

What if I said I would like you a lot if you voted Nonny?
Qubu
Qubu
Townie
Qubu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Qubu »

In post 23, notasexualobject wrote:
In post 22, Qubu wrote:
ps. I need an avatar.
My dude, I don't know if you're familiar with the game Hollow Knight, but it's got some kickass art. I'll pm you a correctly sized picture that you can use for your avatar if you'd like :>

Also, yeah, don't objectify me my dude.
Thanks for the offer, but I got it covered. I trimmed down the draft art of my tattoo for an avatar.
In post 28, nonny wrote:My bad, schadd, I always skip over those note >.>

Hey Pine, gonna call you out because you promised a post, where ya at?

Everyone else: what’s your expiernce playing mafia (I.e is this game one on site, have you played somewhere else?)
I've played meatworld a few times, and online in forums as well. I'd say I'm mild-moderate experience. The more vanilla setups like the newbie Setups are what I'm familiar with. (I actually have a set of the mafiascum cards that was a gift that I use when I play with friends and we edit down the roles a bit.)
In post 32, Relentless Hunt wrote:Right after I vote notasexualobject I get voted on by another person with a flimsy reason? I mean I have a shitty reason to vote for sexualobject (xd) as well,however,I did not vote for her AFTER someone voted to lynch me like Qubu.

Explain this deeper please. You are upset that I voted you for a pretty terrible reason as an entry post after you did so? I don't understand at all what you mean by "I did not vote for her AFTER someone voted to lynch me like Qubu."

I read this as "Qubu piled on and voted for me after someone else did".... but I'm the only vote. There's something tingly in the language you are using to make an accusation here.

In post 45, notasexualobject wrote:I can't help but feel you're distancing yourself from this game intentionally. I don't like that. If you're not interested, why did you signup to replace?

Uh... okay. Interesting. I felt this was an obvious joke.

Not connected - @Radiant I'm curious why you are asking object to sheep you when the vote was already on nonny. That's a weird thing to overlook in my eyes. Is this just a matter of not looking at the vote count?

I'm not questioning your vote. I'm fairly sure I understand it without clarification, but the oversight that object was already on Nonny is something that piqued my interest (apparently more than it did objects).
Qubu
Qubu
Townie
Qubu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Qubu »

You will find, over time, that I tend to do larger wall posts. I'll try to to make them too long.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:25 am

I have reasons that I'm not interested in developing further.

That said I did not realize their vote was already there.

Just curious what his response would be.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:39 am

VOTE: sexualobject

dangle for me
notasexualobject
notasexualobject
Townie
notasexualobject
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:46 pm

In post 58, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: sexualobject

dangle for me
Dangle I shall
In post 55, Qubu wrote:Uh... okay. Interesting. I felt this was an obvious joke.
It went over my head at the time. I just thought he was being one of those obnoxious "this game is boring" or "I don't really care tbh" players.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Are you not concerned that I went from townreading you to voting you?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:52 pm

In post 9, notasexualobject wrote:VOTE: Nonny for being semi-experienced. We all know that anyone better than me is scum.
Also, is there a reason you singled out Nonny as opposed to the other SE or Pine?
notasexualobject
notasexualobject
Townie
notasexualobject
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:55 pm

Meh. It's 1 vote. If you were actually townreading me I doubt you'd flip that quickly, so nothing's changed. This vote impacts the game as much as my vote affected nonny during RVS.

Now, my question is, is that vote only there to provoke a reaction out of me? Also, what do you think of Relentless and Qubu thus far?
In post 61, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 9, notasexualobject wrote:VOTE: Nonny for being semi-experienced. We all know that anyone better than me is scum.
Also, is there a reason you singled out Nonny as opposed to the other SE or Pine?
Not really. I was just looking for a lame vote for RVS and that was the best joke I could think of at the time.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:58 pm

I'm not asking about game impact: it didn't even occur to you that I might be scum who switched votes for scum-motivated reasoning?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm townreading both Relentless and Qubu, for the record.

Not townreading you.
notasexualobject
notasexualobject
Townie
notasexualobject
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:12 pm

In post 63, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not asking about game impact: it didn't even occur to you that I might be scum who switched votes for scum-motivated reasoning?
I don't see your scum motivating reason for switching at all. Nobody is on my wagon other than you. I had no reason to consider it, and I still don't.
RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm townreading both Relentless and Qubu, for the record.

Not townreading you.
Fair.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Alonzo »

In post 38, RadiantCowbells wrote:I never stopped loving you <3
Your just here trying to take advantage of my sleep deprivation!
In post 43, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'll just go ahead and put my
serious
vote down.

VOTE: Nonny

because I dislike her avatar.
Some Early Spice
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler: nils kuiper

Vote count 1.2

notasexualobject (2):
Relentless Hunt, RadiantCowbells
Relentless Hunt (2):
Qubu, notasexualobject
Alonzo (1):
nonny
TheHolySpirit (1):
Enzo
Enzo (1):
Alonzo

not voting (2):
TheHolySpirit, Pine

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 ends october 4th at 11:40 central US time; in (expired on 2018-10-04 11:40:00)

mod notes
  • ~
[/area]
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by nonny »

This progression looks really weird. RC corrects object on her TR but every previous mention of the slot other than the sudden vote mention a TR.
Spoiler: quotes hidden to save space
In post 39, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think relentless hunt and notasexualobject are town.

I have 1 scumread that I'll keep to myself for now.
In post 60, RadiantCowbells wrote:Are you not concerned that I went from townreading you to voting you?
In post 64, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm townreading both Relentless and Qubu, for the record.

Not townreading you.

In post 43, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'll just go ahead and put my
serious
vote down.

VOTE: Nonny

because I dislike her avatar.
What's wrong with my avatar? :cry:
In post 51, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh what the fuck Nonny has a 2004 join date
Yep.
Spoiler: NAI probably
But took a hiatus from 2009 till about this summer. Somewhat relearning everything, not very confidant in my gameplay yet.

In post 50, RadiantCowbells wrote:

The paranoia about the scum ganging up on him felt extremely real and I don't think scum him would have thought to fake that line of reasoning.
I just don't see town hard claiming a scum team off the bat. Felt more faked to me and had bad gut reaction.

Like Qubu's

VOTE: Relentless Hunt Please explain your scumreads more or clarify what you meant prior.
*insert bad joke here*
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:31 pm

In post 68, nonny wrote:This progression looks really weird. RC corrects object on her TR but every previous mention of the slot other than the sudden vote mention a TR.
What exactly are you calling weird?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Also, if you put your reads on other slots to the side, what exactly is your read on sexualobject?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 69, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 68, nonny wrote:This progression looks really weird. RC corrects object on her TR but every previous mention of the slot other than the sudden vote mention a TR.
What exactly are you calling weird?
It looks like you forgot you did call object a TR, but then when he went off you calling him a TR and suddenly say he isn't a TR. Not sure if you forgot that you didn't say you changed your read or if that last post was you saying you changed your read.

Object looks eager to play, which makes me think not VT but also doesn't seemed concerned with how the game progresses as long as it progresses, which is a slight scumread to me.
*insert bad joke here*
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:45 pm

I mean I voted for them, I would assume that they would mark it as my changing my read on them. They didn't react at all actually.
Object looks eager to play, which makes me think not VT but also doesn't seemed concerned with how the game progresses as long as it progresses, which is a slight scumread to me.
This is a strange read. Do you think that if Object had rolled VT that they'd be less energetic?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 72, RadiantCowbells wrote:I mean I voted for them, I would assume that they would mark it as my changing my read on them. They didn't react at all actually.
True, but it still came off weird. I may have added tone while reading though that made your response seems almost aggressive *shrug*
In post 72, RadiantCowbells wrote:
This is a strange read. Do you think that if Object had rolled VT that they'd be less energetic?
Yes. VT is atleast less antsy from what I've seen. PR and scum have slightly more information already and look forward to n1 and using their roles.
*insert bad joke here*
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:16 pm

I mean I suppose that it is aggressive given that I am heavily scumreading him as of right now and don't like his lack of paranoia about me.
I also think that you're the most likely person who has posted to be his buddy, given that your scumreads are the two people who called him out and you gave a very strange read on him.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”