GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

whoops, quoted the wrong post. Ignore , meant for only to be quoted
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 969, Fink wrote:You'd think he would be a good NK target if he were town,
like this is simply wrong because a Watcher exists

mafia are gonna want to hunt PRs not just pick off widely townread players
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Jingle »

Still town. Fairly certain on GL town at this point with an outside chance of mafia if Fink town. I'm trusting Eragon on Ari town.

Fink is probably scum. IV is either the best bet for mime or scum, and if he doesn't die tonight you should lynch him.

Ari, lynching Thor before his partner gives us 0 additional information and kills the conftown. The argument isn't that we shouldn't lynch thor, it's that we shouldn't lynch Thor today. Thor's lynch nets us NOTHING today. Leaving him around means the conftown isn't the largest threat to scum, meaning we get to keep Eragon and scum will INSTEAD shoot for the mime because the scum.

We're in exactly the same position tomorrow if you lynch me. Lynch for Thor's partner, not Thor, unless the mafia shoot the mime, in which case, normal game rules apply.
This is a Parachute.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Post by Fink »

It's been another 48 hours now and last post was basically a prod dodge, can we get another prod on IV please?
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:40 pm

Post by Fink »

GL, if you are town rather than Mime, please take a look at your thought process here. You're picking out things I say looking for things to disagree with without engaging with the actual main reason I voted Jingle. Try to take a step back and evaluate things rather than just reflexively finding things to disagree with me on.

Although the fact that GL did that makes me think Ari has a point about the mime thing, it really pushes my buttons.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by Fink »

In post 977, Jingle wrote:Fairly certain on GL town at this point with an outside chance of mafia if Fink town. I'm trusting Eragon on Ari town.

Fink is probably scum. IV is either the best bet for mime or scum, and if he doesn't die tonight you should lynch him.
Really not sure what to make of this, but it's weird as hell. Jingle was previously pretty certain GL was Mime not Mafia, has no real reason to trust Eragon's reads, and that thing about IV is just weird. It doesn't read like what Lane did at the end of Day 1, but I'm not sure if it's a more subtle version of that, trying to look like a more subtle version of that, or just weird in a rambly uncalculated way.

There is way too much wine in front of us.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by Fink »

IV may not show up before deadline, so trying to fish for the OMGUS vote there rather than from GL is a longer shot as Mime. But as Mafia it can
look
like fishing for the OMGUS vote in a way that has a chance of never resulting in that vote, so I still like the Jingle vote.

Problem is, if Mime doesn't vote for Mafia, and Thor presumably doesn't vote and Mafia doesn't self vote, we need absolute town consensus to lynch Mafia today (or at any point in the rest of the game.) And one stubborn townie can prevent single-handedly prevent that from happening.

I urge everyone to take a step back and really consider all possibilities, both now and if we have to do this again tomorrow.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 pm

Post by Jingle »

FWIW, I will be around to self hammer if necessary before deadline.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:31 pm

Post by Jingle »

Btw, GL doesn’t white knight me here as mafia. Letting my lynch go through and then coasting on being townier than fink and IV means he’s town.

Fink is scum, not mime BECAUSE of the push on me. He doesn’t want to die and it shows. He’s putting forward any alternative when the logic leading to a conclusion that I’m scum discounts literally everything I’ve done today, and ignores crucial information. IV is the most obvious mime candidate, which means if he doesn’t get shot he’s probably mafia (this in the case I’m wrong about Fink.) mafia won’t leave him alive because if he’s not mafia he’s going to eat a night kill and is probably scum.

And trusting the read of a confirmed town player on someone you can’t read well is not only not scummy in the slightest, but also simply common sense.
M
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:33 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 983, Jingle wrote:Btw, GL doesn’t white knight me here as mafia. Him not Letting my lynch go through and then coasting on being townier than fink and IV means he’s
Ftfm, kinda. Phoneposting, but y’all get the drift.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Post by Jingle »

Also, would like to point out that everything fink has said about why I’m scummy has already been answered in the post GL linked, yet he’s avoiding acknowledging that.
This is a Parachute.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 920, Eragon wrote:Also we can have Thor kill targets we want

For example

@thor

Kill between (Fink/IV) tonight please
I'm leaving this open so you don't insta-confirm your buddy
If one of these doesn't die tonight we will probably lynch you
:lol:

It's cute that you think you have that level of control over me.
How about I just shoot whoever I think is most likely Mime? I think that sounds good - town is narf to think it's pro-town to lynch me today as I already spelled out in the post some people are claiming wasn't true. I'm willing to bet it was true - just saying.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

i'll even weigh in and say that I don't support the idea of lynching anyone today.
But that's because it's in my best interest for my faction to control all deaths because we prevent Mime wincon, so I'm kinda anti-Mime in my theory. ;)
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 986, Thor665 wrote:
In post 920, Eragon wrote:Also we can have Thor kill targets we want

For example

@thor

Kill between (Fink/IV) tonight please
I'm leaving this open so you don't insta-confirm your buddy
If one of these doesn't die tonight we will probably lynch you
:lol:

It's cute that you think you have that level of control over me.
How about I just shoot whoever I think is most likely Mime? I think that sounds good - town is narf to think it's pro-town to lynch me today as I already spelled out in the post some people are claiming wasn't true. I'm willing to bet it was true - just saying.
its cute that you think i couldnt lynch your ass right now if you wont help us

ill even give you the third option of GL

so literally just dont shoot me/aristophanes and your fine
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:51 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

Fink - 2 - Jingle, Guiltylion
Thor665 - 1 - Aristophanes
Jingle - 2 - Eragon, Fink

Not Voting - Thor665, innocentvillager

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline is Friday, September 28, at 8:30PM EST

Innocentvillager is being prodded.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:57 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Isnt thor basically claimed mafia? Why arent we voting him
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:57 am

Post by innocentvillager »

sorry just kind of checked out / busy with rl rn will try to be better
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:04 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I've been convinced this is a bad idea so
UNVOTE:

I would rather nolynch than take a chance today I guess.
What a ride!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 990, innocentvillager wrote:Isnt thor basically claimed mafia? Why arent we voting him
The last couple pages frame it well. He is scum but him being alive cripples mime chances while leaving us a conftown.

That's why we leave him alive.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 988, Eragon wrote:its cute that you think i couldnt lynch your ass right now if you wont help us
I fully believe you could - but it would be anti-town to do so.
In post 988, Eragon wrote:ill even give you the third option of GL

so literally just dont shoot me/aristophanes and your fine
I agree not to shoot you if I'm alive come night.
You can decide to lynch me either now or then - but lynching me before the Mime is dead is signing your own death warrent and basically handing the game to the Mime or Mafia faction so, y'know, whatevs. I can't control who town lynches or doesn't today, all I can say is the likely result of any given action.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

I just don't want to pretend that you threatening to lynch me is an actual threat.
I'm going to be lynched this game barring some really brilliant *and* lucky play on my part, so a threat of lynching me is a :shrug: and let's not play act otherwise.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

The only way I don't get lynched is if I manage to get the game down to a;

Eragon/Thor/Thor's partner/Mime final four.
Which isn't very likely.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 979, Fink wrote:GL, if you are town rather than Mime, please take a look at your thought process here. You're picking out things I say looking for things to disagree with without engaging with the actual main reason I voted Jingle. Try to take a step back and evaluate things rather than just reflexively finding things to disagree with me on.
what was the reason again? that Thor did the kill? I already covered this literally a week ago:
In post 782, GuiltyLion wrote:one other thing to consider is that if Thor did the kill, that would suggest that he's in worse town standing than his partner, as he's the one they'd rather risk getting caught. Could maybe point to Jingle, but I don't wanna consider Jingle unless he makes it to LYLO tbh. I know I've been pushing Fink but I wanna reread and see whether he was being scumread by many others
YOU never engaged with this line of reasoning back then despite having ample time to do so. Now all of the sudden you want to make a last ditch 24 hours push to lynch who is probably the towniest player remaining and you're trying to fault me for not suddenly pivoting on my entire read of the game state, despite the fact that you're barely making a case whatsoever? Jingle even addressed this, also many days ago, and also quoted again by me last night:
In post 817, Jingle wrote:Assuming Thor made the kill because he was the less townread of the two assumes two things: 1. The missing kill was not due to the mime hitting the mafia and 2. The mafia weren't using their less suspect member to avoid the roleblock. If I had been scum I would 100% have been making the kills because I would assume I wouldn't get roleblocked. Again, because I was an obvious watcher target. In b4 WIFOM, but it's really not a difficult leap to make.
like FMPOV you've done a complete 180 on Jingle, even within the last day:
In post 907, Fink wrote:No way is Jingle Mafia, I think Mime is reasonably likely though.
as soon as Eragon indicates a desire to lynch there, yet you're trying to take some kind of moral high ground approach to shame me for not buying it. Yeah right.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 990, innocentvillager wrote:Isnt thor basically claimed mafia? Why arent we voting him
In post 991, innocentvillager wrote:sorry just kind of checked out / busy with rl rn will try to be better
this is so comically underwhelming that I'm almost having trouble buying that a mime would be so direct about being lynchbait. but there's really no justification for playing this way regardless of alignment
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:14 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I still think Ari is playing a more logical mime game than IV

but the IV activity fall off is really becoming more and more of a relevant concern. I've played with town IV a few times before and I cannot remember him ever being this non-engaged

Return to “Completed Open Games”