newbie 1891: people with cool hair (game over!!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

moreso that you're just doing everything that i would expect scum!you to do if you were scum with nonny while simultaneously having a ridiculous townread on her
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm not townreading her all that strongly. though i did think your nonny wagon was just fishing for general reactions rather than fully serious.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:56 pm

it is pretty dang serious for a wagon this early in the game.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 143, Chara wrote:VOTE: Cobbler
it looks like he's picking town to townread, as opposed to actually forming the reads organically. that, and i don't like the "i agree with RC" nonny vote.

Alonzo, i'd still like your answer on why you pegged nonny for scum.
I'm not good at being scum or getting in a good headspace to play scum better (I'm decentish at scum in micros and marathons due to the fast pace). As such, it's harder for me to recognize scum and easier to recognize town -- unless the scum are like me and aren't really all that comfortable at trying to pretend to be doing stuff while making it all up.

Also your switch from Alonzo to me would seem evident that -- if you're town -- that you also got some towny vibes from his recent posts. Which is why I don't understand this (since "picking town to townread" seems to be in reference to me finding Alonzo townish). Are you scum with nonny? I'm kind of gettin' "cobblerfone-esque scum" vibes from you.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 153, Cobblerfone wrote:I'm not good at being scum or getting in a good headspace to play scum better (I'm decentish at scum in micros and marathons due to the fast pace). As such, it's harder for me to recognize scum and easier to recognize town -- unless the scum are like me and aren't really all that comfortable at trying to pretend to be doing stuff while making it all up.

Also your switch from Alonzo to me would seem evident that -- if you're town -- that you also got some towny vibes from his recent posts. Which is why I don't understand this (since "picking town to townread" seems to be in reference to me finding Alonzo townish). Are you scum with nonny? I'm kind of gettin' "cobblerfone-esque scum" vibes from you.
townhunting is something i prefer to do too. what i meant by finding town to townread was it seems like you're looking for towny posts you can townread without doing much deeper thinking about it, and forming reads too easily.
why are you townreading RC?

as for Alonzo, he's explained what he's trying to do somewhat, but i'm still scumreading him. i just find this a better avenue to get information right now. and in the case of you-scum, i'd be more likely to think i was wrong on Alonzo.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:02 pm

I get the impression that Chara is looking for a wagon that isn't as obvious as just jumping on Relentless Hunt to push to get the pressure off Nonny.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Alonzo »

In post 147, Chara wrote:Alonzo, my issue with you is you say you're trying to get associative tells, but that seemed to involve just watching the wagon instead of actually doing anything with it.

RC: because i don't agree with you?
Became a different entity once RC voted there,so I wanted to sit back and see what RC could unturf.
In post 148, Chara wrote:
In post 133, Chara wrote:Alonzo, how are you reading RC then?
So far so good...
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 155, RadiantCowbells wrote:I get the impression that Chara is looking for a wagon that isn't as obvious as just jumping on Relentless Hunt to push to get the pressure off Nonny.
bold of you to assume i'd have a plan as scum.

also, i'm townreading Hunt for the same reason you are.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 154, Chara wrote:
In post 153, Cobblerfone wrote:I'm not good at being scum or getting in a good headspace to play scum better (I'm decentish at scum in micros and marathons due to the fast pace). As such, it's harder for me to recognize scum and easier to recognize town -- unless the scum are like me and aren't really all that comfortable at trying to pretend to be doing stuff while making it all up.

townhunting is something i prefer to do too. what i meant by finding town to townread was it seems like you're looking for towny posts you can townread without doing much deeper thinking about it, and forming reads too easily.
why are you townreading RC?

as for Alonzo, he's explained what he's trying to do somewhat, but i'm still scumreading him. i just find this a better avenue to get information right now. and in the case of you-scum, i'd be more likely to think i was wrong on Alonzo.
I townread RC because as I was reading the game I found that he was reacting to posts similar to me. That means I have the impression he's not just making it up so why would I scumread him?

I did at one point (after I had read the game) consider he could be scum with relentless with the idea that he had coached relentless's reaction, but then I realized RC hadn't joined yet.

Do you see how you look like you're obv buddies with Nonny?

PREDIT: and again same conclusion as RC.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

EBWOP: to be fair, my thought process wasn't "that's not as obvious as relentless." It was just the apparent flailing and quick vote-change. Perhaps because it understood after RC and I's reactions Alonzo wasn't going to go anywhere soon?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:11 pm

it did feel very shop-y and also pushing against someone voting Nonny would probably not look so good
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Chara »

i do see how it could look like i'm buddies with nonny. and if he does flip scum, that's my bad. :> i'm not even townreading him that strongly, but it's in my nature to be contrary and go poking elsewhere.

UNVOTE:
not sure if the idea about RC being possible partners with Relentless would have occurred to scum Cobbler.

it's possible nonny is scum here and i should just listen to RC, but that would be like abandoning my true self. and also i don't really buy it. i do see where RC got the idea of nonny scum, and that's in line with what i know about RC as a player, but that's really it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 160, RadiantCowbells wrote:it did feel very shop-y and also pushing against someone voting Nonny would probably not look so good
Cobbler's also voting nonny.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 161, Chara wrote:i do see how it could look like i'm buddies with nonny. and if he does flip scum, that's my bad. :> i'm not even townreading him that strongly, but it's in my nature to be contrary and go poking elsewhere.

UNVOTE:
not sure if the idea about RC being possible partners with Relentless would have occurred to scum Cobbler.

it's possible nonny is scum here and i should just listen to RC, but that would be like abandoning my true self. and also i don't really buy it. i do see where RC got the idea of nonny scum, and that's in line with what i know about RC as a player, but that's really it.
You either give up easily (as scum) or are very fickle (or to put it more nicely "process things quickly")
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Chara »

to put it even more nicely, you could call me open-minded.
do you understand why i thought you were just picking things to townread initially? your explanation about the RC townread (that i hadn't seen before) helped me see your thought process that was more than just "gut" or "tone", in addition to what i'd mentioned.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 164, Chara wrote:to put it even more nicely, you could call me open-minded.
do you understand why i thought you were just picking things to townread initially? your explanation about the RC townread (that i hadn't seen before) helped me see your thought process that was more than just "gut" or "tone", in addition to what i'd mentioned.
I call it "empathic" reading. It's basically going off of "tone" but it has more syllables. :P
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

Wish Enzo was here so I could tell if he was town or not. Then it'd be narrowed down to three primary suspects instead of having to keep the obligatory lurker-scum possibility in.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:38 pm

realistically I have 2 good townreads on cobbler/hunt and then everyone else is in a pool of who is best candidate for Nonny buddy
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 107, Alonzo wrote:Keen to hear nonnys rebuttal I guess
Rebuttal to what?
In post 113, RadiantCowbells wrote:{RC}
{Relentless, Cobblerfone}
{Qubu}
-null-
{Alonzo}
{Naso}
{Nonny}
What about chara? Enzo?
In post 127, RadiantCowbells wrote:Alonzo I feel like literally 0 gamesolving energy from you and I've never felt that from you as town before.
True facts. Reminding me of my last newbie where Alonzo was scum and coasted. Currently have RC above null and Alonzo below null, lot based on interaction in this post/series.
In post 145, Alonzo wrote: Toneread. Its why I was reluctant to give it up because it won't work now she's pre warned...
Toneread is weak even for page 6 :roll:
In post 158, Cobblerfone wrote: I did at one point (after I had read the game) consider he could be scum with relentless with the idea that he had coached relentless's reaction, but then I realized RC hadn't joined yet.
Which reaction are you referring to?
In post 158, Cobblerfone wrote:Do you see how you look like you're obv buddies with Nonny?
Would you, as scum obviously buddy someone? Since you use your level of play as your scum litmus test I'm curious on this point.
*insert bad joke here*
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:09 pm

If you think that Alonzo is scum why don't you vote for him :?:
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by Alonzo »

^^
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 169, RadiantCowbells wrote:If you think that Alonzo is scum why don't you vote for him :?:
I believe he is acting like he did in last scum game. But he also plays slightly aloof as town too. He's below null for me but hunt i still have scumlean on which on my own personal scale is more significant.

FYI: I'm going to be somewhat limited access this weekend due to a work conference but should be able to post atleast once a day.
mod v/la until 10/1
*insert bad joke here*
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:19 pm

aka hunt has more votes
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 168, nonny wrote:
In post 107, Alonzo wrote:Keen to hear nonnys rebuttal I guess
Rebuttal to what?
In post 113, RadiantCowbells wrote:{RC}
{Relentless, Cobblerfone}
{Qubu}
-null-
{Alonzo}
{Naso}
{Nonny}
What about chara? Enzo?
In post 127, RadiantCowbells wrote:Alonzo I feel like literally 0 gamesolving energy from you and I've never felt that from you as town before.
True facts. Reminding me of my last newbie where Alonzo was scum and coasted. Currently have RC above null and Alonzo below null, lot based on interaction in this post/series.
In post 145, Alonzo wrote: Toneread. Its why I was reluctant to give it up because it won't work now she's pre warned...
Toneread is weak even for page 6 :roll:
In post 158, Cobblerfone wrote: I did at one point (after I had read the game) consider he could be scum with relentless with the idea that he had coached relentless's reaction, but then I realized RC hadn't joined yet.
Which reaction are you referring to?
In post 158, Cobblerfone wrote:Do you see how you look like you're obv buddies with Nonny?
Would you, as scum obviously buddy someone? Since you use your level of play as your scum litmus test I'm curious on this point.
I'd like to think I wouldn't so obviously defend my partner. I would maybe try to look like I'm defending someone who isn't actually my buddy. However, there are multiple skills involved when it comes to playing as scum (or town). Just because I think someone might be similar to me in one aspect doesn't mean I assume they'd be the same as me in all aspects.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 172, RadiantCowbells wrote:aka hunt has more votes
Is that how you play?

I vote hunt in , they have not posted since then. My read on someone isn't likely to change if they haven't posted.
*insert bad joke here*

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”