Newbie 1892 | Stuff I found online V | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.06Firefox has a new monitoring service that lets you check whether your email address has been associated with any data leaks. You can also sign up for notifications incase something happens in the future. If a site you use gets hacked and their database of passwords is stolen, you'll want to change your password, not just on that site but on every other site that you use that password. While we're on the topic of password security, some people think that it'll keep them safe if they use a password scheme like "password+ms" "password+fb" "password+tw", but it is actually pretty easy to figure out that your password on gmail will thus be "password+gm". In a perfect world in which every website used the best crytography to store your passwords with a unique salt, that might be enough, but instead we live in a world in which I recently signed up to a site and they e-mailed me my password in plaintext!

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

kaldridge1025
(3): Lamees, acrimoniusalpaca, Korina
dojaj
(2): xx2008, LCpl Jones
Formerfish
(1): Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
(1): Formerfish
LCpl Jones
(1): dojaj

Not Voting
(1): kaldridge1025

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-10-05 07:45:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:36 am

Post by Plotinus »

Braekess950 replaces kaldridge1025! Please welcome them!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Braekess950
Braekess950
Townie
Braekess950
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Braekess950 »

Hello
Braekess950
Braekess950
Townie
Braekess950
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:45 am

Post by Braekess950 »

Vote: DOJAJ
Braekess950
Braekess950
Townie
Braekess950
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:46 am

Post by Braekess950 »

I vote: xx2008

Edited to use vote tags for the automated vote counter, since the intent is clear, but please use the tags in the future. --P

VOTE: xx2008
Last edited by Plotinus on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Lamees »

Lol hello
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:19 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

@braekess950,

correct way to vote is

Code: Select all

[uv][/uv]
[v]plotonius[/v]
or
[b]unvote:[/b]
[b]vote: plotonius[/b]

giving the result:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: plotonius
unvote:

vote: plotonius

votes must use those UNVOTE: and VOTE: tags or alternatively bold tags , or they will not be counted.

(revoting on dojaj)

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dojaj
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:20 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

EBWOP: sorry plotinus, I mispelled your name :lol:
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:44 am

Post by dojaj »

Oh welp x)
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:48 am

Post by dojaj »

UNVOTE: LCpl Jones
VOTE: Kaldridge1025
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Lamees »

In post 184, dojaj wrote:UNVOTE: LCpl Jones
That player has been subbed out...
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Korina »

@Mod V/LA for 48 hours

Will reply when I have a moment

V/LA noted. --P
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:06 am

Post by xx2008 »

@braekess950, welcome to the game! Any particular reason behind your vote on me?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Oi, I had to deal with some stuff yesterday. Sorry about that.

Korina is actually probably my strongest town read. I reread the Fish vs Her from early game, and her getting stuck on that minute detail of the RVS seemed like actual confusion about why this was happening, and I see that coming from town more than not.

Formerfish is townie, but I’m not willing to commit to this read just because of his big posts. I need more time to accurately think about this slot, but I am feeling he’s townie. Whether or not he’s scum projecting that townieness remains to be seen.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m still like xx for town as well.
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:11 am

Post by xx2008 »

@dojaj what I was saying in my long post was that youre scum because you haven't made many posts to contribute to the game.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

LCPL is actually pretty townie for me right now as well. I liked the “any idea when you can get into the game”.

I like he majority of his posts on Page 7.

Lamees is probably the only one giving me any sort of scum pings.

VOTE: Lames

His interaction with Fish feels like what I do as scum. Kind of aggro, kind of calm and logical.
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:13 am

Post by dojaj »

In post 185, Lamees wrote:
I thiiiiink I’m a bit lost lol
But why did the cat leader person mention them then
What what
Wait what
O.o Idk
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Lamees »

In post 192, dojaj wrote:
What what
Wait what
O.o Idk
I assume your vote goes onto the subbed in player anyway.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 170, Lamees wrote:Also I get OMGUS vibes from you. Your ego getting in the way? I question you and all of a sudden I'm scum lol. Should we all town read you then?
Is this in response to me saying at the end of a post where I basically call you town making a bad push that I worry Im wrong about you? That isnt omgus because as far as I know you arent scum reading me, are you? Unless you are using omgus as just a general you suck type thing and not what it is usually used for. And all I am doing is expressing doubt in my own read on you because it isnt based on much and i dont know you at all. If i was 100% sure you were town or scum would that be better for you or is it ok that I have a little bit of wiggle room in my reads to account for misc. items?
In post 170, Lamees wrote:You want to talk about scum moves hopping onto my wagon, you mention alpaca did that, but korina did it too. No reaction from you to korina's vote? Is it because korina town read you so you're ok with his vote on kald?
No. I am ok with his vote on kald because he explained it in his voting post that he is ok with a wagon at this point to get some info. Paca agreed that kald was scummy based of your case of him. I think I have explained this to death, but it seems to be missing you somehow.

Your vote: bad push from town
paca vote: bad sheep from scum
korina vote: attempt to advance the gamestate

And of course this is just the way that i am seeing the votes, you might disagree. If you do, why?
In post 170, Lamees wrote:Your justification of kald is also getting more and more absurd the more you try to defend. If the first prod sent and email and got a quick response, the second prod didnt send an email?
I didnt realize hed been prodded twice, but that doesnt change the fact that you are reading to much into that aspect right now. I can do the same thing and you can call it far fetched if you want, but hello kettle call me pot.

Do you think he is scum site flaking because he doesnt know what to say at all? Like is that the stance you are taking with him, or do you think we should just be getting rid of inactive players because they arent helping?
In post 170, Lamees wrote:You are free to your opinion, so call the inactive wagon bad, but my opinion is: whatever it is you are doing, is worse, it's basically trying to flex and show off, even going as far as to say people are scared of you lol.
What am I doing? I am voicing my opinion about something just the same as you are. If people disagree with me they can show it with their votes. And if you were taking my call out to boon as me saying he is seriously afraid of me then you need to reevaluate how serious you take every post. You've already seen that boon and I have a history together where we have played a lot of games together. Actually, behind my brother he is probably one of the people I have played with the most. I would expect him to be more jazzed about being in a game with me again because its been a few years since we played. However he has been absent since we had our little rvs pokes at each other. I was ribbing him about being scared of me. Its good to know that you have no sense of humor though, Ill make sure to keep my posts devoid of any further attempts.
In post 170, Lamees wrote:I indeed read you as scum now. Having kaldridge in late game will only benefit scum. If kaldridge is scum it makes sense for scum to defend them, if kaldridge is town, you get to waste a lynch in the more important stages of the game on them. So good, continue to defend.
I never said kald gets to late game with this behavior. I said I dont think he is the day 1 lynch because of activity. Hell, we could even get a replacement here in a minute if he doesnt respond, and then we have wasted all that time trying to lycnh someone who is basically a ghost right now. Then the new person comes in and changes it all. I say we look for scum in the other active players and put kald on the back burner since it doesnt look like any pressure will matter.

If you think I am scum for pointing out a bad push and saying that we could find better lynches for today then knock yourself out chief. Youll be on a lonely little island out there.

If i were scum with kald why wouldnt i be chainsawing you for calling her scum? Instead I called you misguided town. I am some kind of mastermind arent i?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:21 am

Post by dojaj »

In post 190, xx2008 wrote:@dojaj what I was saying in my long post was that youre scum because you haven't made many posts to contribute to the game.
Why because I confuse people with my thinking “hmmm”’s ?
TO BE FAIR
I am pretty dense
HOWEVER I am starting to think Jones isn’t it.
I hope I don’t regret it tho but I think we all should agree rather than randomally throw votes it shouldn’t be all over the place and everyone is saying something different. So it’s not like this mess is much of a contribution to the entire flow but it’s ok since it’s only the beginning. And I’m taking my time trying to understand. I made my presence clear and try to post even if it’s not that useful. And I am trying to get the long posts and trying to notice suspicious behaviors X) I think I ended up seeming suspicious tho oops. I need to better word my thoughts.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 160, Formerfish wrote:
In post 143, dojaj wrote:
In post 133, Formerfish wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 123, dojaj wrote:
In post 122, Korina wrote:
In post 104, dojaj wrote:
In post 99, xx2008 wrote:I understand you're joking, but something tells me they're scummy.
Is this your normal playstyle?
Were ypuvreally just suspicious of korina or are you distracting everyone else from the possibility of you being scummy
Do you think that xx is actually scum here Dojaj?
In post 110, dojaj wrote:
In post 109, xx2008 wrote:
In post 99, xx2008 wrote:I understand you're joking, but something tells me they're scummy.
Were ypuvreally just suspicious of korina or are you distracting everyone else from the possibility of you being scummy
I was suspicious of him, because the tone of his posts didn't seem natural at first.
True hmmmm
Care to share what you make of that post?
In post 111, LCpl Jones wrote:... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that but ok, fair enough. Maybe you mean that I'm a bit "verbose" for lack of a better word? That's my normal playstyle, always has been.

Also, I don't like that you immediiately jump from attacking XX on his Korina push then to me then you agree with XX about Korina. That seems a bit inconsistent, kind of like you're flailing around a bit trying to push a few different people and see what happens. But... that's more of a towntell to me imo in this stage since that's the only way to get info this early.
Do you care to explain why that's townie to you?
I don't really see it as townie, however, I'm struggling to get into words why I exactly find it scummy
In post 112, acrimoniusalpaca wrote:
This also seems like a likely situation.
Why do you think that it's a likely situation?
What posts from dojaj lead you to thinking that xx is scum?
In post 120, dojaj wrote:
In post 111, LCpl Jones wrote:... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that but ok, fair enough. Maybe you mean that I'm a bit "verbose" for lack of a better word? That's my normal playstyle, always has been.

Also, I don't like that you immediiately jump from attacking XX on his Korina push then to me then you agree with XX about Korina. That seems a bit inconsistent, kind of like you're flailing around a bit trying to push a few different people and see what happens. But... that's more of a towntell to me imo in this stage since that's the only way to get info this early.
Hmmmmm
Once again, what do you make of this post? "Hmmmmm" doesn't really help us out in trying to determine what you're thinking.
Idk guys I really still can’t tell anyone’s intentions I’m wondering if it’s Jones regular play or f my initial method of him being super nice is a revrse psychology method hmmm who knows. And the contradiction is cuz I understood his point of view. I just tend to be diplomatic ;) anyways I still feel suspicious about jones so I’ll wait it out a day or two more

Why you ignoring me dojaj? Dont wanna dance with me?
Sorry I didn’t notice you quoted me anywhere except the last one I replied to? Did you??
In post 113, Formerfish wrote:
Has xx come off as scum to you so far?
In post 114, Formerfish wrote:
In post 106, dojaj wrote:
In post 105, LCpl Jones wrote:
In post 97, dojaj wrote:VOTE: LCpl Jones
This seems a bit out of the blue. Is there any reason for this or "just" RVS?
It’s not random at all I read all your posts and cake to the conclusion that you’re overly social
So you are saying that your vote is a serious one and your reasoning for your serious vote is that someone is too chatty in the first 4-5 pages? Thats weak sauce bro. Im not even a huge fan of the guy being voted, but for reasoning like that Im going to speak to it.
You never responded to those that I saw.

Fixed broken BBcode --P
dojaj, this is the second time I am asking you to respond. I dont like that you are hiding behind all those excuses. Please play the game.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 178, Braekess950 wrote:Vote: DOJAJ
In post 179, Braekess950 wrote:I vote: xx2008
Yeah?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Formerfish »

:facepalm:
:shifty:

Horrible jump from a scummy player.

Anyone town should get off this wagon and follow me here

VOTE: dojaj
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 193, Lamees wrote:
In post 192, dojaj wrote:
What what
Wait what
O.o Idk
I assume your vote goes onto the subbed in player anyway.
Is this something that you are ok with?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”