newbie 1891: people with cool hair (game over!!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:16 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

This sounds like a thing where your conditional is that if you need to lynch me to win the game I fulfilled your scum criteria
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:19 am

I also don't think I'm difficult to play with unless you expect an unrealistically high winrate against my scum game.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Chara »

or that if i outright say "this is what i'm watching RC for" then you could just do it or not do it, and then i can't use it to read you.

also if i needed you gone as scum i would nightkill you. not set up a vague "out" for myself i can point to later as my justification for lynching RC.

pedit: it was more that we disagree on a lot of things in mafia, RC. i actually find you easier to play with as scum because i don't need to worry about your alignment.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:27 am

i don't think that you want me pushing on you in a situation where you've mostly written off pushing on me back.
i actually find you easier to play with as scum because i don't need to worry about your alignment.
well sure because in a broader sense of mafia I'm not an issue. what is an issue is that people can't read me and so they feel like their choices are to either scumread me no matter what or only vote me with really good reason, which I'll never give as scum. and the problem is that a lot of people think the former option is the correct one.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:29 am

this is all pretty academic given that I think my win equity is higher treating you as scum no matter what based off of what's already passed, but I rarely miss an opportunity to vent about people scumreading me for stupid reasons :cop:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:32 am

besides regardless of all my claims that reading me is easy every single person who is not postie who has claimed a 'thing to look for' wrt me that isn't gut has been utterly useless at reading me.
what makes you think that this thing that you're looking for is of any value?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Chara »

the fact that i already know that (referring to the latter half of 228) should tell you how i'm actually approaching you this game.

pedit: then i hope, assuming you're town, that you figure it out at some point. i might have shot myself in the foot if nonny's scum here, so at this point i'm just hoping he's not.
and i don't really like compromising on my own reads, because that just ends with me annoyed at myself at endgame.

peditx2: would rather not answer that one either. the point is i'm treating you as town.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Chara »

VOTE: Alonzo
independent of other reads, i like this the best. without too much to work with at the moment, Cobbler has things i'm townreading for about the same reason as nonny.
Hunt is reactive but for some reason i remembered him having more posts than he did, so i want to see more.
i don't have a read on naso.
Alonzo's blatantly sitting on the sidelines in a way i'd call scummy on the surface, but the fact he knows he's doing it makes me wonder whether he just doesn't care, if he wants to make it seem like he doesn't care.

and if nonny's town, i still like Alonzo for scum. it's like he wants to support the wagon without actually being responsible for it. RC, and someone else, have playrd with Alonzo before, correct?
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Im not sitting on the sidelines I'v been fully transparent.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 233, Alonzo wrote:Im not sitting on the sidelines I'v been fully transparent.
Those aren't exactly mutually exclusive states of being. I understand what Chara saying.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Alonzo »

I feel labeled.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Has any headway been made on allowing our newest replacement to post?
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by schadd_ »

we're in the process of figuring out whether this is a newbie-eligible user
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:19 pm

alright thankee
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 223, Chara wrote:nonny: who do you think is scum on your wagon, if any?

pedit: if i explained it it wouldn't work. and i find you difficult to play with in general.

I def think scum is on my wagon. Not really sure who at moment. I do want to do a full reread to narrow it down. Had insanely busy weekend and won’t be able to until tomorrow after work though.

Honestly feeling slight blasé though, so far none of my questions or posts get addressed and this wagon persists that I don’t even know where it comes from, started from a joke as far as I can tell. Feel like putting even less effort given this but will persist through. If I’m the lynch so be it but do want to give my reads and what not to help you say 2.

Again will do full reread and post (less than 24hrs from now)
*insert bad joke here*
Qubu
Qubu
Townie
Qubu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:25 am

Post by Qubu »

In post 192, nonny wrote:Keep in mind it’s a newbie game though. Newbies I think are more excited when they have a “real” role.

Qubu: not sure I get what you’re saying, you saying you think scum would be mor excited than VT to play but saying you disagree with me doesn’t mesh. I said I don’t think a VT would be that excited, not VT includes PR or scum.
I get the impression that you are trying to paint me as scummy for not being super active as a poster, but are trying to do so without using a direct attack – more a subtle insinuation that you don’t have to defend but just plant. It bothers me. I can’t explain it more than that. It’s a semantics issue my brain is really tickled by throughout all your posts but nothing I can pin down directly.

I don’t like the imply meta that antsy people must be town gets hunt a town read from you. The guy posted twice. This is similar to my issue with Chara. If you apply your under the radar bit to hunt, oh boy has he been under the radar since then.
In post 195, Chara wrote:
In post 188, Qubu wrote:No recent vote counts, so I don’t want to blamo a lynch – but I’ll state my vote will go on Nonny assuming it’s not the lynch vote after a count goes up.
I’m fairly certain at least one (very possibly both) of our scum is in the group of object, nonny, and chara. The second scum should be fairly easy to track down from there, assuming the both aren’t in that group.
talk more about how you came to these reads? particularly why you want to vote nonny.

pedit: smart PR play can be fun too. my favourite role is doctor, personally. i like having to juggle avoiding the nightkill with contributing during the day/being obvtown.
Partically covered above. I can do a deeper read on all of you later.
Object… I’ve got object in a either or state with Nonny right now. I can’t really see both of them not flipping scum. That’s the primary reason objects on the list.

You are hard rolefishing in my eyes, and your defense of hunt in #200 is pretty ludicrous to me.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:28 am

Post by schadd_ »

replacing relentless hunt
free darius mccollum

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Chara »

In post 240, Qubu wrote:You are hard rolefishing in my eyes, and your defense of hunt in #200 is pretty ludicrous to me.
how is saying i like a certain role rolefishing?

Hunt hadn't posted since the beginning of the game, so i've read him on the posts he did have. newbies replace out or stop posting all the time, and it rarely has anything to do with alignment, so i've ignored that.
and yes, i'd still think Hunt is more likely town than scum based just on the posts he had. though now i can read his replacement and get a better idea.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:39 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler: parker kit hill

Vote count 1.4

Relentless Hunt (2):
notasexualobject, nonny
nonny (2):
RadiantCowbells, Cobblerfone
notasexualobject (1):
Relentless Hunt
Cobblerfone (1):
Lord Cantius
Qubu (1):
Alonzo
Alonzo (1):
Chara

not voting (1):
Qubu

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 ends october 5th at 11:40 central US time; in (expired on 2018-10-05 11:40:00)

mod notes
  • replacing lord cantius in (expired on 2018-10-01 18:00:00) pending word from him about the account
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:39 am

Post by Chara »

well, that isn't entirely true. sometimes it's the case where scum newbies get nervous very easily as scum, but in a game with so many replacements there's really no way to measure that.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Chara »

for some reason i thought this game had more replaces than it did. only Enzo, Pine, and Hunt have been replaced while the game was ongoing.
i still don't think Hunt's disappearance is AI, and as a rule i don't like to read activity that way anyway.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Chara »

In post 240, Qubu wrote:I don’t like the imply meta that antsy people must be town gets hunt a town read from you. The guy posted twice. This is similar to my issue with Chara. If you apply your under the radar bit to hunt, oh boy has he been under the radar since then.
nonny is voting Hunt. i don't really get how you came to this conclusion, or the one that nonny is saying it's scummy for you to not have posted as much.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:46 am

Post by Chara »

In post 239, nonny wrote:Honestly feeling slight blasé though, so far none of my questions or posts get addressed and this wagon persists that I don’t even know where it comes from, started from a joke as far as I can tell. Feel like putting even less effort given this but will persist through. If I’m the lynch so be it but do want to give my reads and what not to help you say 2.
i do hope you continue to give reads if you're town. you can also read your wagon while knowing you're town, which is something i like to do whenever i'm scumread.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Chara »

In post 233, Alonzo wrote:Im not sitting on the sidelines I'v been fully transparent.
you've been fully transparent about things to the point i wonder how you expect to scumhunt out of it.
do you genuinely want Qubu wagoned?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:57 am

Post by nonny »

Huh prior to the VC I thought my wagon had more participants. Def need to re-evaluate.

Qubu: what are you talking about?? My only voiced reads on you was a town read and on hunt was a scumlean. Are you thinking of someone else? Stating your scumread is gut based on things I’m not actually doing is suspect, please post where your misunderstanding came from, link to posts or include quotes to get rid of vagueness.
*insert bad joke here*

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”