Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 3699, Gamma Emerald wrote:@LE why do you have so few townleans rn?
A combination of things. Day 1 was an absolute mess of a Day. PerniciousParrot, Manatee Dude, and FrankJaeger were AWOL for the bulk of it, and all 3 of those slots are still in the game. the worst didn't care about anything other than surviving Day 1. Not_Mafia replaced in and has been unhelpful. I don't have an easy time reading profii this game.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:36 am

Post by profii »

I'm actually interested to hear why you have a strong town lean on Rogers
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:13 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: mister rogers
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Reminder mister Rogers still needs to policy lynched
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:42 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Vote:Unvote

I have made a mistake somewhere. Either Almost is town R/B or the powers that be have decided to let him live another day for some reason.

Therefore, it makes sense to address Profii's idea of at least identifying Almost's partner, if he is scum and he expressed it as a choice between Gamma or Creaure. Both slots are playing as null_scum at the moment but Creature wasn't doing that until recently today. In reviewing Creature's play regarding FL several times, I have come to understand that this was entirely a play done by FL with the express understanding that Creature was town and therefore he wouldn't blow the gambit apart but ride it out, avoiding a double mislynch. What I have also realized is that this means that Creature!scum's hand would be forced into riding it out as well so that the whole thing is working out as null/AI anyway. Therefore it comes down to trusting FL's read on Creature and my own read on Creature, which is in both cases, town; I choose to trust FL in this matter.

That leaves a scum team of Almost/Gamma, if almost is scum.

What other scum teams am I willing to entertain?

The only other slot that I can hold as scum besides the two named above is N_M and therefore THIS GAME HINGES ON THE RB CLAIM BY ALMOST. MY THEORY IS THAT THERE CANNOT BE A TOWN RB HERE BUT THE POWERS THAT BE HAVE NOT ENTERED THIS THREAD TO DECLARE SO. EITHER THE POWERS THAT BE ARE TACITLY LYING OR THE POWERS THAT BE ARE SCUM.

I will try this again:

Vote: Almost

PS As scum have entered this thread as resplacements, they have no idea wth I am talking about which is as it should be.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 3572, Almost50 wrote: I managed to cruise for 5 game days winning the game single handedly, because most players thought I wouldn't claim an existing Mafia role).
In post 3697, Light Ethos wrote:If you claim today as scum, you can get yourself town cred if we buy it.
N_M does NOT have to be scum here.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 3701, profii wrote:I'm actually interested to hear why you have a strong town lean on Rogers
Sure. Doughboy earned a solid green from his play. I took the same opinion as him on Krazy asking him if he's a power role in the Neighbor thread. He seemed to be scum hunting the entire time. This is a game where it would be acceptable to slouch as scum on a replace in. Way too much reading for Day 1. Rogers has poured himself in the effort of finding scum since he got here. Has he always been right? No. Has anyone this game? I don't think so.

I don't agree with everything he says, but what he says has often made sense to me.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 3705, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 3572, Almost50 wrote: I managed to cruise for 5 game days winning the game single handedly, because most players thought I wouldn't claim an existing Mafia role).
In post 3697, Light Ethos wrote:If you claim today as scum, you can get yourself town cred if we buy it.
N_M does NOT have to be scum here.
You are right. NM doesn't have to be scum in the case that Almost50 is scum, but like I said, I find it highly unlikely that he wouldn't be. Almost50 constrains his options moving forward if he's scum and if NM is town. He runs the risk of getting checked (or his partner) the longer NM lives. It basically forces a night kill on NM. At which point, it probably would have been easier to just not claim. I don't know that if he loses his partner, he keeps the town read he earned from this claim.

Naomi-Tan is the only player that would make sense to me as a partner for Almost50 if NM is town. She has been a town read for just about everyone, and even if A50 we're to die at a later point, he would be relatively certain that his partner would make it to the final 3 with a town read.

Something I don't like about NT's play is that she was fine with shoving Crimson and me while not feeling much need to hear from Frank, Parrot, or Manatee. She also stopped critical analysis of the thread well before most of the replacements came in. I don't know if it's that hard to bus a scum buddy who is struggling (Crimson), pin a town player (me) to that scum player, pocket another new town player (Sashaddin), and peace out of the thread. I'm still leaning town on her, but these things really don't sit well with me.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3697, Light Ethos wrote:If I'm playing this game as a scum Doctor on a scum team with Crimson in a game with a town gunsmith, then when Crimson rage quits and returns making that doctor claim, I would counterclaim Doctor and bus him. Gunsmith gets a green check on me later if he decides to do it, and I get town cred for it. Crimson's play wasn't defensible this game, so bussing him is fine there.
And how are you going to explain your survival to LyLo?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3697, Light Ethos wrote:Is there more than process of elimination as to why you're listing Creature and GammaEmerald as town?
Yes. Creature is 100% Town because of his meta. I may not experience with you to factor your meta in my read on you, but I do have enough experience with Creature (on and off site, although he might not be aware of the off site part) ;)

Gamma not so much so. I do have enough experience with him, but I've been having some difficulties reading him of late.

Let's assume you're Town. Who is scum?

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:11 am

Post by profii »

I have no idea what to do

UNVOTE:
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3710, profii wrote:I have no idea what to do

UNVOTE:
At least we have that in common. And the two most trusted slots I have are not helping me much in terms of figuring things out. Like I appreciate N_M's vote on Rogers, but I need to talk to him about game theory and players associatives.

Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Akarin »

@Mister Rogers: If you are that sure of Almost50 being scum and only see Gamma as the possible teammate, are you about as happy lynching Gamma as Almost50?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Akarin »

In post 3697, Light Ethos wrote:I have liked literally nothing that the worst or Not_Mafia have done this game, and I've had two players (Flavor Leaf and Almost50) defend each of them on account of meta reads. If that slot is town, it has not done anything to help. Neither player has participated in the effort of game solving,
Not_Mafia's first check is mostly being considered as a scum doctor check
, and Not_Mafia's second check was nullified.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 3708, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3697, Light Ethos wrote:If I'm playing this game as a scum Doctor on a scum team with Crimson in a game with a town gunsmith, then when Crimson rage quits and returns making that doctor claim, I would counterclaim Doctor and bus him. Gunsmith gets a green check on me later if he decides to do it, and I get town cred for it. Crimson's play wasn't defensible this game, so bussing him is fine there.
And how are you going to explain your survival to LyLo?
I don't see how what you quoted correlates with your question. Can you explain the link?
Additionally, how is your question a helpful question to ask? We're only in LyLo tomorrow if we mislynch today. That's a bridge I'll cross if we mislynch and I'm not night killed.
The two scum night kills were more or less dictated by the town power role claims. Krazy claimed something confirmable, so scum killed Krazy night one. Either town!Not_Mafia or one of the confirmed town Mason claims were the only reasonable choices for last night's kill. I don't know what scum's night kill strategy will be from here on out, and I also don't think it's a valuable use of time to speculate on it.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Akarin »

How is it possible to understand and misunderstand how gunsmith + mafia doctor works in the same post?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3714, Light Ethos wrote:I don't see how what you quoted correlates with your question. Can you explain the link?
You said you would CC, meaning you would claim Town Doctor. Town Doctor is a role likely to attract the scum NK, and -since it is a protective role itself- it is unlikely there will be yet another protective that justifies you not being NK'd several nights into the game.

Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 3709, Almost50 wrote:Let's assume you're Town. Who is scum?
I don't know who is scum. I gave a pool earlier. I'll buy your claim. I buy Mister Rogers' town Neighbor claim. I'll still lean town on Naomi.

I gave you my pool of four players if I take all of my townleans into account: profii, GammaEmerald, Creature, Not_Mafia.

You and I have a difference in how we've read this game. You read Creature as town and Not_Mafia as town based on meta reasons. If I eliminate them from my pool now, that means that by process of elimination, profii and GammaEmerald must be the scum team. I don't think that's a very likely situation here, as profii was trying to shove GammaEmerald earlier.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 3715, Akarin wrote:How is it possible to understand and misunderstand how gunsmith + mafia doctor works in the same post?
Where did I show a misunderstanding of how it works?
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 3716, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3714, Light Ethos wrote:I don't see how what you quoted correlates with your question. Can you explain the link?
You said you would CC, meaning you would claim Town Doctor. Town Doctor is a role likely to attract the scum NK, and -since it is a protective role itself- it is unlikely there will be yet another protective that justifies you not being NK'd several nights into the game.
My approach would definitely depend on whether my partner got found or not and also who my partner would be. At the worst case, it becomes a WIFOM like the one scum put me into during my first game on this site. RadiantCowbells was in full gamesolve mode from the start and was paranoid of getting night killed. I replaced into a VT slot that was generally a null to scumlean read from most players. Final 3 was me, a guy who replaced in for someone who site flaked, and RadiantCowbells. That LyLo situation seems similar to what you set up. Regardless, the extended hypothetical is not what happened this game.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Akarin »

Am I the only one who read Not_Mafia's gunsmith targeting of claimed masons as sarcasm?

This doesn't help sort anyone but it's driving me mildly crazy every time people take that seriously.

Also, thanks Gamma for being the only one to use my name, you're my spirit animal.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Akarin »

In post 3697, Light Ethos wrote:If I'm playing this game as a scum Doctor on a scum team with Crimson in a game with a town gunsmith, then
when Crimson rage quits and returns making that doctor claim, I would counterclaim Doctor and bus him. Gunsmith gets a green check on me later if he decides to do it, and I get town cred for it.
Crimson's play wasn't defensible this game, so bussing him is fine there.
Why on
Earth
would gunsmith check a claimed doctor, especially if they suspect a scum doctor exists (which if one scum claimed doctor and they still wanted to check you, they must.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

I said if he decides to do it. That isn't what I would do in that situation, but I also wouldn't ever just pick someone at random like Not_Mafia claimed to have.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

LE’s Logic there feels a bit roundabout to me
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

Where? Explain.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”