Newbie 1892 | Stuff I found online V | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:46 am

Post by Lamees »

I don't think I was tunneling, but you said I was. And you don't think you were tunneling, but I said you were.

Just wanted to put all that behind us and make it clear that no one is mad and no tension from my side.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:49 am

Post by Korina »

In post 344, Lamees wrote:Lol cool, please do.

@Korina, why criticize me for voting the inactive player? If I recall correctly you jumped on the inactive wagon too when it was popular.
In post 121, Korina wrote:VOTE: kaldridge

Sure, let's start a wagon to help get us further out of RVS.

Normally I would be against lynching lurkers, (mainly because of the site frowns upon it), however, I'll put that aside for now, seeing as everyone else has posted a bit, and they haven't.

My vote is currently L-2, so if two more people vote Kald, then Kald would be lynched.

I'll quickly catch-up and reply to a few posts that I'm curious about in a few moments.
See bolded.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:51 am

Post by Korina »

I voted the inactive to start a wagon to get information.
- Who's on the wagon, and why are they on the wagon?
- Who's not on the wagon, and why aren't they on the wagon?

Your vote was just a "let me throw my vote on my inactive" vote from what I could tell.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:10 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.12Every month, MafiaScum hosts a Song Contest, where you enter a song that you like and then a week later you listen to the songs people sent in and vote for which ones you like best. We need more people, and it's a fun way to find new music.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Braekess950
(3): Lamees, Malakittens, dojaj
xx2008
(2): Braekess950, Flavor Leaf
dojaj
(1): xx2008

Not Voting
(3): Korina, LCpl Jones, Formerfish

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-10-05 07:45:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:13 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 338, Formerfish wrote:
A few people are intent on lynching people who aren't active.

I've argued with a bunch of people and have some mad at me.

Someone claimed doctor when they were run up to l-1.

You came in. Here we are.
In post 348, Formerfish wrote: You guys have to learn when to shut up.
I see this as a very clear attempt to draw out a doctor counter claim by mala if he is in fact the doctor, followed by a very aggressive response when he's called out on it. He's done similar things three times now. If he's town undoubtedly he feels rather annoyed at me, Korina, and Lamees who IIRC are the ones that have picked up on his actions - but I've always felt town should be upfront where possible and not have hidden agendas or aims which is what I'm seeing here. I see #338 as attempt to draw out a doctor claim - he
evidently
knew that the claim was tracker, not doctor based on #348, and that seems very scummy to me. The doctor is key to PR's survival, but that only works if they stay hidden.

VOTE: Formerfish
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 354, LCpl Jones wrote:

I see this as a very clear attempt to draw out a doctor counter claim by mala if he is in fact the doctor, followed by a very aggressive response when he's called out on it. He's done similar things three times now. If he's town undoubtedly he feels rather annoyed at me, Korina, and Lamees who IIRC are the ones that have picked up on his actions - but I've always felt town should be upfront where possible and not have hidden agendas or aims which is what I'm seeing here. I see #338 as attempt to draw out a doctor claim - he
evidently
knew that the claim was tracker, not doctor based on #348, and that seems very scummy to me. The doctor is key to PR's survival, but that only works if they stay hidden.

I saw it as more of a way to catch out potential uncaught up ScumMalakottens.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:06 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 336, Malakittens wrote:
In post 335, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 333, Malakittens wrote:h/o really quick

OMG ITS A BOONSKIIESSSS.
Hi. :) Long time no see.
How are you buddy?! I'm glad to see that people i knew from way back when still play.
Pretty good. Sorry for the Kottens typo in the last post of mine :lol:
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Korina »

In post 354, LCpl Jones wrote:

evidently

I forgot what I was gonna say on this, but, I didn't see it as anti-town. I saw it as a way to try to catch those not reading off-guard, namely Mala.
I can see where the scum-motive would certainly be, however, I originally saw the claim and didn't think it was anti-town.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:26 am

Post by dojaj »

In post 337, Malakittens wrote:anyone want to give me the cliff notes verson of the game?

I have been scum reading you for a while as you recall and then I switched but now scum reading you again
i clearly said tracker. so care to explain why you said doctor?
VOTE: formerfish

Cuz your cliffnotes are just shady and suspicious mate
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:29 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 355, Flavor Leaf wrote: I saw it as more of a way to catch out potential uncaught up ScumMalakottens.
In post 357, Korina wrote:
I forgot what I was gonna say on this, but, I didn't see it as anti-town. I saw it as a way to try to catch those not reading off-guard, namely Mala.
I can see where the scum-motive would certainly be, however, I originally saw the claim and didn't think it was anti-town.
If so, I am sorry for spoiling that - I can see what you mean, but I'm sure you can also see where I'm coming from with regards to it being scummy.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 359, LCpl Jones wrote:
In post 355, Flavor Leaf wrote: I saw it as more of a way to catch out potential uncaught up ScumMalakottens.
In post 357, Korina wrote:
If so, I am sorry for spoiling that - I can see what you mean, but I'm sure you can also see where I'm coming from with regards to it being scummy.
Yeah, I can see why you think it was scummy, but in that scenario it’s actually more townie.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 348, Formerfish wrote:
In post 342, Lamees wrote:
In post 337, Malakittens wrote:anyone want to give me the cliff notes verson of the game?

I'm not mad. We are not clogging up the thread tunneling eachother anymore so feel to investigate me etc.

No one claimed doctor btw.
In post 347, LCpl Jones wrote:(It was a doctor, not a tracker ;) )

I think lynching a claimed PR day 1 is probably not the best idea, so I'll UNVOTE: . Now's the time for him to prove his claim (and if there is anyone who could counterclaim PLEASE do not do so yet!)

I think Flavor is making a good point on XX but I still am not entirely convinced in my mind about Flavor so I'll wait and see a bit. We have 2 days left - hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to make my mind up...
You guys have to learn when to shut up.

This shows he’s upset you guys brought up his gambit before letting it play out.

However, I’d have expected someone to bring it up in this game in the first place, but I understand what he was trying to do.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m starting to see LCPL and XX connections.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Lamees »

I thought it was a typo, but either way, I can't figure out how this does anything besides confuse a newly subbed in player into reading wondering where the doctor claim is (regardless of alignment).
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 363, Lamees wrote:I thought it was a typo, but either way, I can't figure out how this does anything besides confuse a newly subbed in player into reading wondering where the doctor claim is (regardless of alignment).
Yeah, I agree. It was pretty expected to happen with the playerlist this game, but I don’t see it having scum intent.

The intent was good. The execution was solid. Mala just didn’t respond quick enough :lol:
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Lamees »

Responded 11 mins later though. That is quick enough, no?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

UNVOTE:

meant to do that in the earlier post.
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:10 am

Post by xx2008 »

Unfortunately, I'm having a lot of stuff to do these days, and I have trouble keeping up with the game, so I'm replacing out.
I'll try to join another game when I have more time.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 350, Lamees wrote:I don't think I was tunneling, but you said I was. And you don't think you were tunneling, but I said you were.

Just wanted to put all that behind us and make it clear that no one is mad and no tension from my side.
See the difference is that I pointed out how it was kinda true in your case. I made a big post about it but that was during the time you were doing your best impression of a petulant adolescent saying "nah, nah, nah, cant hear you" and refused to read or respond to my posts. Super town by the way.
In post 354, LCpl Jones wrote:He's done similar things three times now. If he's town undoubtedly he feels rather annoyed at me, Korina, and Lamees who IIRC are the ones that have picked up on his actions - but I've always felt town should be upfront where possible and not have hidden agendas or aims which is what I'm seeing here.
I am attempting a number of gambits to figure different things out. Yes, I am getting annoyed that you guys cant stop yourselves from stepping on my dick each time I try one of these.

Little tip, unless something is directed at you it is generally cool if you let the person it is addressed to comment on it first. There is usually a reason that they are being addressed specifically and you could ass end your way into someones investigation stream. If you are unsure if you should ask about something, dont at first. Wait and see what happens. Give it some time to marinate and then if you still have questions later on you are free to ask them.

And its not like I can say to you guys, "hey, im going to do something that I need you not to get involved with because if you do then the person who I am doing this with is going to know that I am just pushing an angle to see how they react and I wanna see that so shhh I hope they wont read this."

This is shit you are going to see in normal games. We might as well expose them to it here so they arent completely caught off guard. I mean, we are showcase players right?
In post 355, Flavor Leaf wrote:I saw it as more of a way to catch out potential uncaught up ScumMalakottens.
Ding ding. I have had some surprising luck with catching scum replacing in. Thought this might be a fun way to see whats up.
In post 358, dojaj wrote:Cuz your cliffnotes are just shady and suspicious mate
When I replace into games I ask the same question. Sometimes I get responses sometimes I dont. I have been trying to analyze the ones I get to see if there is a pattern to anything. I was more giving mala a tongue in cheek run up with a glaring mistake in it to see if she caught it or not. Yes it was a risk if we do have a doctor but I was kinda hoping theyd see my mistake and not say anything, and the chances of us having a doc if the tracker claim is correct is only 25% i think. Youre read is wrong. Adjust it.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 365, Lamees wrote:Responded 11 mins later though. That is quick enough, no?
She responded 10 minutes after my last post imploring her to dive into the game and read. What I was hoping for was for her to fake reading and go off of what I said with the doc claim and go from there. This was a very well thought out plan and does have some downsides that I realized as soon as I made the post, but at that point that post was made and I was running with it.

Its not like she responded 10 minutes later fully caught up and still didnt say anything, she hadnt done anything yet.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 369, Formerfish wrote:
In post 365, Lamees wrote:Responded 11 mins later though. That is quick enough, no?
She responded 10 minutes after my last post imploring her to dive into the game and read. What I was hoping for was for her to fake reading and go off of what I said with the doc claim and go from there. This was a very well thought out plan and does have some downsides that I realized as soon as I made the post, but at that point that post was made and I was running with it.

Its not like she responded 10 minutes later fully caught up and still didnt say anything, she hadnt done anything yet.

My unit got run into the ground today by dispatch. Maybe tmrw will be better I’m so exhausted tn
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Plotinus »

xx2008 has requested replacement. Searching....

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:41 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Braekess950 has not responded to their prod and is being replaced. If they post before I find somebody, they can stay.

LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:27 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 368, Formerfish wrote:
I am attempting a number of gambits to figure different things out. Yes, I am getting annoyed that you guys cant stop yourselves from stepping on my dick each time I try one of these.

Little tip, unless something is directed at you it is generally cool if you let the person it is addressed to comment on it first. There is usually a reason that they are being addressed specifically and you could ass end your way into someones investigation stream. If you are unsure if you should ask about something, dont at first. Wait and see what happens. Give it some time to marinate and then if you still have questions later on you are free to ask them.

And its not like I can say to you guys, "hey, im going to do something that I need you not to get involved with because if you do then the person who I am doing this with is going to know that I am just pushing an angle to see how they react and I wanna see that so shhh I hope they wont read this."

This is shit you are going to see in normal games. We might as well expose them to it here so they arent completely caught off guard. I mean, we are showcase players right?
I'll bear that in mind. Thanks for your advice... and I promise I'll try and follow it!

We have 1 day and 15 hours at this point. I'm a little unsure how to proceed - my first inclination would be to simply policy lynch the lurker slot (brae) given the primary suspect I had is a roleclaimed tracker. Another alternative is the no lynch. I would normally not think that's a viable option in any case but are there any thoughts on that?
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Korina »

Tbpf, I'm actually starting to consider lynching the Brae slot.
Even though I don't really like the votes on them, there's really nobody else I'm actually fine lynching today apart from Brae, (ISO-diving pending).

I'm currently casing everyone quickly to try to figure out who else I'd be fine with lynching.
Off the top of my head I'm certainly not lynching {FF, Flavor, LCPL} today. If you want me to vote them, make me a case, otherwise good luck.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B