lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:50 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 123, northsidegal wrote:you're misinterpreting guiltylion use of the word "interest" when he says "not sure why it caught interest".
That may be true. But I don't know how you're interpreting it
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:26 am

Post by theslimer3 »

That serious vote could just be pressure though
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:39 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 126, theslimer3 wrote:That serious vote could just be pressure though
Could be, but it wasn't
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:53 am

Post by BNL »

Gamma Emerald
replaces
TheHolySpirit
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:53 am

Post by BNL »

VC 1.4RadiantCowbells (2): ,
lane0168 (2): ,
Porkens (2): ,
ManateeDude (2): ,
northsidegal (1):
Vaxkiller (1):
theslimer3 (1):

Not Voting (2): TheHolySpirit, Porkens

With 13 players alive it takes 7 to lynch

The deadline is 17 October 11:30am UTC-4, or in (expired on 2018-10-17 11:30:00)

Mod notes:
Gamma Emerald replaces TheHolySpirit. Please welcome him!
Last edited by BNL on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

okay so let's drill into this Manatee/Lane thing a bit
In post 111, lane0168 wrote:When someone votes seriously, I'm interested. You don't have to be. But I want to know what he means. He doesn't want to explain it. Can you explain it? If not, does it matter to you the reasons for people's cases? If not, why not?
in my view, slimer's original comment was nothing more than a joke and NAI. but I can easily imagine how someone else may not see it as just a joke and could have inferred some weird/unnecessary shade in it. I don't agree with that read, I don't immediately share Manatee's suspicion, but I can understand it so I also don't see it as disingenuous, especially for a page 1 read/vote. And that's entirely the level of thought I feel is necessary to evaluate the whole thing. I have a plausible town explanation for Manatee's behavior, no solid reason to prefer an alternative scum!explanation, and therefore it's not worth diving into further.

You can't seem to imagine this relatively simple town!Manatee explanation for his vote and that's more concerning to me. How much can Manatee really offer beyond what he's said already? He thought the shade that he saw in that post was weird so he voted it. What more would you expect him to explain? Yours doesn't feel like a productive line of questioning, it looks more like busy work to start conflicts and get a foot in the game. Maybe in the abstract, "are weird posts scummy?" is a good question for the Mafia Discussion board, but if you want to dive that deep into every single vote or claim that anyone makes you're going to rapidly lose sight of the bigger picture and create a bunch of tangential arguments that only become noise in the thread.

And what also looks bad is how you're strawmanning me here - I have never suggested that "the reasons for people's cases" don't matter to me. But Manatee's vote was a) not nearly at the level I would call a 'case', and b) already sufficiently explained for what it was
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 90, lane0168 wrote:
In post 89, the worst wrote:
In post 87, lane0168 wrote:UNVOTE: radiantcowbells
Why the unvote?
Because Im not trying to lynch rc right now.
oh ok
what are you doing?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 94, Not_Mafia wrote:spice
luv u nm
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 113, lane0168 wrote:The significance remains to be seen. But the reason it needs to be acknowledged is because they are different game states. Different mind sets. I find it odd to take anything seriously pregame, and hard to take anything seriously in RVS. They are different. To ignore that would not be considering all possibilities.
I don't think you totally engaged with the spirit of my question, but I guess I can see your point. But here's my follow-up to get into the nitty gritty instead of handwaving about "mindset" and what to "take seriously": If a metadive found that town!Manatee always overreacts to RVS jokes, whereas scum!Manatee never does, would that really not apply here because it was a "pregame" joke instead of an RVS joke?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 106, Vaxkiller wrote:ASD of Pregame MMAHABDH (Manatee's meta and his alignment being discussed here) is typically around 74.567 MUBS (Made Up Bull Shit)
ASD of RVS MMAHABDH is around 75.973 MUBS

So there is some significance, but lets wait until AGBAMWPF (After game bitching an moaning while pointing fingers) to see how significant.
luv u vaxk
(i'm trying not to audibly laugh at work rn)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 108, Lady Angel wrote:don't form reads very fast. So yeah, that was the thing that stuck out the most to me so far. How can you even call out "Lurkers" before there's 24 hours passed?

Probably not the most scummy thing ever but I have nothing else right now.
wolfy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 116, Kokichi Oma wrote:I'm not even caught up yet but why hasn't manatee been lynched yet.
luv u kokichi
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by the worst »

GL Vaxk Porkens all town in varying levels of towniness

LAngle is scum
Lane is drunk and/or scum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also Lane I made a serious vote on Vax and you didn't ask me about it at all
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 130, GuiltyLion wrote:okay so let's drill into this Manatee/Lane thing a bit
In post 111, lane0168 wrote:When someone votes seriously, I'm interested. You don't have to be. But I want to know what he means. He doesn't want to explain it. Can you explain it? If not, does it matter to you the reasons for people's cases? If not, why not?
in my view, slimer's original comment was nothing more than a joke and NAI. but I can easily imagine how someone else may not see it as just a joke and could have inferred some weird/unnecessary shade in it. I don't agree with that read, I don't immediately share Manatee's suspicion, but I can understand it so I also don't see it as disingenuous, especially for a page 1 read/vote. And that's entirely the level of thought I feel is necessary to evaluate the whole thing. I have a plausible town explanation for Manatee's behavior, no solid reason to prefer an alternative scum!explanation, and therefore it's not worth diving into further.

You can't seem to imagine this relatively simple town!Manatee explanation for his vote and that's more concerning to me. How much can Manatee really offer beyond what he's said already? He thought the shade that he saw in that post was weird so he voted it. What more would you expect him to explain? Yours doesn't feel like a productive line of questioning, it looks more like busy work to start conflicts and get a foot in the game. Maybe in the abstract, "are weird posts scummy?" is a good question for the Mafia Discussion board, but if you want to dive that deep into every single vote or claim that anyone makes you're going to rapidly lose sight of the bigger picture and create a bunch of tangential arguments that only become noise in the thread.

And what also looks bad is how you're strawmanning me here - I have never suggested that "the reasons for people's cases" don't matter to me. But Manatee's vote was a) not nearly at the level I would call a 'case', and b) already sufficiently explained for what it was
You just answered my questions... To you, my interest in the situation was scummy. I wanted to figure out how/why you were disinterested. I asked you about it. And you just now answered.

I can imagine it coming from town or scum, that is why I asked about it. I had questions. I wanted them answered. If I couldn't imagine them coming from town, my questions would've been paired with a vote. A vote that came later after manatee wouldnt acknowledge the questions. And were ultimately explained away as a misunderstanding. Which can come from town or scum, but doesnt pass the smell test.

I can see scum latching on to something pregame to insert THEMselves into the game immediately.

Again, I'm not offended if you didn't feel the need to dive into it, but I did. And I'm not exactly satisfied with the "so I'm being wagoned for a misunderstanding" bit. Not much of a wagon, and there wouldn't be one at all if he just answered the questions. I can't say for certain there wouldn't be I guess, but not answering was the biggest reason for voting him.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 133, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 113, lane0168 wrote:The significance remains to be seen. But the reason it needs to be acknowledged is because they are different game states. Different mind sets. I find it odd to take anything seriously pregame, and hard to take anything seriously in RVS. They are different. To ignore that would not be considering all possibilities.
I don't think you totally engaged with the spirit of my question, but I guess I can see your point. But here's my follow-up to get into the nitty gritty instead of handwaving about "mindset" and what to "take seriously": If a metadive found that town!Manatee always overreacts to RVS jokes, whereas scum!Manatee never does, would that really not apply here because it was a "pregame" joke instead of an RVS joke?
It would apply, but I wouldnt ignore the difference between pregame and have start. Picking something out of pregame doesnt seem town motivated to me
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 54, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: Vaxkiller

ez

the worst I'm not scum this time! RC I'm still not scum this time!
I was supposed to take this as serious? Cause in that case yeah I'm definitely interested in hearing about it. It didn't and doesnt strike me as serious.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 131, the worst wrote:
Why the unvote?
oh ok
what are you doing?
At the time of that post? Trying to get manatee to answer me. Right now? Trying to understand where people are coming from
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 142, lane0168 wrote:
Why the unvote?
oh ok
what are you doing?
At the time of that post? Trying to get manatee to answer me. Right now? Trying to understand where people are coming from
oh ok
how's that working out for you?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

What makes you so sure though?
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 127, lane0168 wrote:
Could be, but it wasn't
Misquote
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 118, ManateeDude wrote:so im literally being wagoned b/c of an early game misunderstanding?
In post 145, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 127, lane0168 wrote:
Could be, but it wasn't
Misquote
He said was a misunderstanding.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 143, the worst wrote:
In post 142, lane0168 wrote:
Why the unvote?
oh ok
what are you doing?
oh ok
how's that working out for you?
Fine, thanks
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Hey NSG

You have two choices

1) Prove that you're town in the next 24 hours. Upon doing so you have my vote to lynch whoever you scumread and I'll help you get other votes

2) I lynch you.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

sure, here's the notes file i started for this game. there isn't really much there besides a random thought that i had recently, but i think the speed of my response here still says something.
Mini 2036 - Charging Up!

NUCLEAR TAKE: 3 SCUM OUT OF 5 IN:
Lady Angel
lane0168
TheHolySpirit
Porkens
RadiantCowbells

LOOK AT THIS POST GAME

Kokichi's asking why manatee hasn't been lynched yet rubs me the wrong way. I know I caught him for being scum in pokemon go for not actually having any real reads and just doing the wolfy pop ins, but this could be the exact same thing where he's just chosen a lynchbait-y player to do a fake strength push on.
not sure if that does it or not for you.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”