Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 2461, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2420, ruru wrote:I think you're scum trying to discredit my read on you

players better than me agreed 1095 was a scumtell in that game
ok

a) why isn't he town annoyed that you're tunneling him and trying to get you to stop?

b) why is 1095 being a scumtell in that game mean much for tw's alignment in this one?
In post 1096, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1095, jjh927 wrote:NSG is being surprisingly incompetent from my pov, the worst is scum, mathdino should know better, IDK shit about ruru
what about my play has been incompetent, even from your own point of view?

are you saying that you've played to your town meta this game such that a knowledge of it would mean that i would be townreading you?
In post 1098, northsidegal wrote:no, i really haven't been tunneling them, at least not in the sense of screaming for people to follow me.

you didn't answer my question about whether or not my vote is reasonable from my perspective. you saying that my vote is wrong just from your perspective is meaningless - if you're going to say that i'm being incompetent, then my vote has to be unreasonable, it can't just be wrong.

like, let's posit that there was some "theoretical scumgame" and a person played exactly to it, even if they were town. would you call someone who voted that person incompetent just for being wrong even if their reasons were right?
In post 1099, northsidegal wrote:even from your own perspective of (theoretically) knowing that you're town, unless you think there are reasons that from
my
perspective i should be townreading you and i'm just not seeing those reasons, you can't say that i'm being incompetent for just being wrong. i'm not psychic.
I'm basically sheeping players who are better than me on it not being a towny thing to say

I've been searching and can't find a quote along the lines of "jjh sealed his own fate when he called nsg incompetent for scumreading him" from that game but I'm almost positive somebody said it too
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by the worst »

someone please swing by here and say they actually think ruru is approaching this from a town point of view and trying to sort me and not stubbornly steering a lynch. please please please please please
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I mean i guess?

I think shes town pretty strongly tho. I suppose its possible that im pocketed but like i don't think so? And if she has she's either going to like have to nk me or explain why we're both alive in lylo so either way im not super worried about it atm

I think she might be tunnled on you, yeah

Do u think me/enigma could be svs?

I have been p-edited; im much slower at typing on a phone than on a computer im realizing
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2472, the worst wrote:you don't see even the potential for a s/s agenda in ruru's recent posting?
That was a response to this
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by the worst »

you/Enigma is SvS in an abstract parallel universe yes. rn I think you're just town though.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 2476, the worst wrote:someone please swing by here and say they actually think ruru is approaching this from a town point of view and trying to sort me and not stubbornly steering a lynch. please please please please please
no, I'm not really trying to sort you because I think you're just scum
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Post by the worst »

which is a read you've been arrogantly tunnelling like a Good Townie all game instead of stopping and trying to engage with me and sort me

:] Nice.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2475, ruru wrote:
In post 2461, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2420, ruru wrote:I think you're scum trying to discredit my read on you

players better than me agreed 1095 was a scumtell in that game
ok

a) why isn't he town annoyed that you're tunneling him and trying to get you to stop?

b) why is 1095 being a scumtell in that game mean much for tw's alignment in this one?
In post 1096, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1095, jjh927 wrote:NSG is being surprisingly incompetent from my pov, the worst is scum, mathdino should know better, IDK shit about ruru
what about my play has been incompetent, even from your own point of view?

are you saying that you've played to your town meta this game such that a knowledge of it would mean that i would be townreading you?
In post 1098, northsidegal wrote:no, i really haven't been tunneling them, at least not in the sense of screaming for people to follow me.

you didn't answer my question about whether or not my vote is reasonable from my perspective. you saying that my vote is wrong just from your perspective is meaningless - if you're going to say that i'm being incompetent, then my vote has to be unreasonable, it can't just be wrong.

like, let's posit that there was some "theoretical scumgame" and a person played exactly to it, even if they were town. would you call someone who voted that person incompetent just for being wrong even if their reasons were right?
In post 1099, northsidegal wrote:even from your own perspective of (theoretically) knowing that you're town, unless you think there are reasons that from
my
perspective i should be townreading you and i'm just not seeing those reasons, you can't say that i'm being incompetent for just being wrong. i'm not psychic.
I'm basically sheeping players who are better than me on it not being a towny thing to say

I've been searching and can't find a quote along the lines of "jjh sealed his own fate when he called nsg incompetent for scumreading him" from that game but I'm almost positive somebody said it too
I think im going to bounce now and look at this tom; its getting kinda late for me
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by ruru »

like, you keep doing things that I think are either scummy in general or by your meta or that like specifically remind me of games where you were scum and not of games where you were town

I left you alone on d1 when you specifically said the way I was interacting with you was making it hard for you to play the game and you didn't get any townier after that

I kind of just want to lynch you
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:54 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2483, ruru wrote:like, you keep doing things that I think are either scummy in general or by your meta or that like specifically remind me of games where you were scum and not of games where you were town

I left you alone on d1 when you specifically said the way I was interacting with you was making it hard for you to play the game and you didn't get any townier after that

I kind of just want to lynch you
> thought I was mislynchable
> focused elsewhere
> resuming pushing me
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:55 pm

Post by the worst »

you've had 0 sorting effort towards me all fucking game and now you want people to think you're town because you're tunnelled on a mislynch.

I'm literally fine with being lynched if you're next lol.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by the worst »

if you're town you should literally be embarrassed by how badly you're misrepresenting players who you allege are better than you, and who you pretend to learn from. you have no semblance of an ability to read me and have shown no interest in attempting original thought while doing so, and yet the meta you sheep is cold and badly applied.

I don't think you're bad at mafia. I think you're a wolf. if you're not please go and think on it and we can try this again later.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Post by the worst »

ironically I haven't felt this disgusted by being misrepresented by a player since Noir. and he admitted post-game that he was hamming it the fuck up to steer night kills off me.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Post by the worst »

(actually gonna take a break now bc tilt is high--sorry to people who have to read thru this)
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by ruru »

my
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 2486, the worst wrote:you have no semblance of an ability to read me
I don't think you're bad at mafia. I think you're a wolf.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by the worst »

whatever I'm done. if hunting through my bleeding heart for things you can twist to look like cogdis is all you're interested in I'm out af.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:23 pm

Post by ruru »

also:
In post 2481, the worst wrote:which is a read you've been arrogantly tunnelling like a Good Townie all game instead of stopping and trying to engage with me and sort me

:] Nice.
pushing a scumread isn't exactly "arrogant" behavior so this post is pretty weird especially considering I've interacted with you a lot in this game.

Subject: Open 733 Mafia PT
the worst wrote:oh he's an arrogant brat lol
ok I can get away with tunnelling this
I'm reminded of this now too
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:36 pm

Post by ruru »

also I think it's agenda-y that you only started pushing me after I disapproved of your enigma case:

your new scumpool is {ruru, bujaber, enigma}
enigma is probably an easy lynch
bujaber is also probably an easy lynch, but you ignored him and pushed me instead even though I'm not an easy lynch and you've been townreading me all game which I think is kind of partnery
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 2473, the worst wrote:my posting this game is much closer to the border of my scumrange than my posting in that normal.
also this implies you haven't done anything this game that's out of your scumrange, yet still I'm being "incompetent" for scumreading you?
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:51 pm

Post by ruru »

like you posted a questionable enigma case and a bunch of ate
that you implicitly admit is within your scumrange
(while acting condescending toward my meta argument that it's probably within your scumrange) and I didn't magically townread you afterward for it

please explain why that makes me scum.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter
Korina
They
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: They

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:41 am

Post by Korina »

I'm catching up rn, was asleep/busy all of yesterday.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter
Korina
They
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: They

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:50 am

Post by Korina »

Alright, tring TW a bit more seeing their thought process.
I'm also gonna have to come back to this game when I don't feel like crap nor have several tests to study for, (so probably later today after a nap).

I'll be thinking about the game until then though
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:58 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 2397, BuJaber wrote:I don't think massclaim + no lynch works kinda defeats the purpose so do you want to lynch today?
I put this in my quote wall and
then
caught up and answered this last and idk what my answer is anymore
In post 2398, the worst wrote:
In post 2392, the worst wrote:Rel/ruru what are your reads on each other rn?
I said not long before this that I'm gonna townread ruru for a bit and see where it leads me
In post 2403, the worst wrote:
In post 2402, ruru wrote:
In post 2398, the worst wrote:
In post 2392, the worst wrote:Rel/ruru what are your reads on each other rn?
this was answered on like the last page unless you're asking for how I'm reading people post-massclaim discussion in which case I'm not answering yet
that's like
super obviously why i'm re-asking at this point

answer please. we're not no-lynching and we're not massclaiming today.
Why aren't we no lynching or massclaiming today?
In post 2409, skitter30 wrote:i keep swinging to bujaber/irrel

mostly cuz i townread everyone else more

but i'm kinda ??? dubious and uncertain
I'm not like a huuuuge fan of how in every other game we've played you've worked hard at sorting me and now that I'm a replacement you're just like "well I can't trust me to sort him so I'll just ignore him and read his previous slots"
Not just because it's annoying that it feels like your playing with my slot instead of me (personal reason)
But also because the fact I reportedly have a strong scumgame hasn't stopped you from actively sorting me in the past
If skitter wins this game as scum this was my hint....
In post 2424, the worst wrote:
In post 1559, ofrhz wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1.28
Almost50 (0):

HeWhoSwims (1):
Almost50
the worst (1):
Not_Mafia
ruru (0):

BuJaber (0):

Not_Mafia (7):
the worst, ruru, skitter30, Vex Vience, Creature, Enigma, ejjinami
LYNCH

Enigma (0):

ejjinami (0):

Creature (0):

Gamma Emerald (2):
HeWhoSwims, BuJaber
skitter30 (0):

Vex Vience (0):

Not Voting (1):
Gamma Emerald

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-09-14 16:30:00)

Other
:
- skitter30 V/LA Fridays and Saturdays
- HeWhoSwims still needs to be replaced
btw never ever ever ever lynch off this wagon d3
lol
I mostly agree with this sentiment as a general rule but if you're scum it's always with one of Alonzo/BuJ so this post doesn't do much to clear that part up for me
In post 2427, the worst wrote:also town on Alonzo for fairly intangible reasons but I feel like I have a tendency to get lazy and start scumreading his posting style when I'm deflated as town

if those assumptions are right there's 2 wolves in {ruru, buj, enigma} which I don't
think
is right but all the same I'll go try and a solve in these curly brackets and see how the cards fall.
This and the townreads you expressed in the previous post are sorta opaque and it makes me think you're aiming for pocketing
At the same time {ruru, buj, enigma} was a lynchpool for me at one point earlier this game day

I'm at a point where it feels strongly like it's either tw/buj or ruru/enigma but I also feel like the Alonzo slot is getting by too easily and if skitter's scum we would all probably miss that fact
so I guess add Alonzo/skitter to the list :lol:
meaning I've got a great townblock fmpov of me/korina :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In post 2430, the worst wrote:Tbh I'm exhausted trying to soft TPR too hard and eat a nightkill so you lazy fuckers don't have to sort me so I'll go try and solve this the good old fashioned way :c
oh good
glad to see you, if scum, have changed your meta
and that either way you'll sort someone
In post 2437, ruru wrote:
In post 2357, the worst wrote:
In post 2356, BuJaber wrote:Why are you so sure ruru's town?
believe me I haven't given the read out easily
In post 2391, the worst wrote:
In post 2358, BuJaber wrote:I'm not arguing against the read I want to know your reasons if you please.

Because from my pov he's been given a case for you being scum but not really pushing it and like I expect you to be suspicious of him for that.
Why should I be suspicious of that?
also sorry to be evasive but ctrl+f of ruru in my iso will probably give a fair bit.
I thought you sorted me already

current scumread feels very agenda-y
I actually think this scumread from him would make a lot of sense if it had come a little earlier
As it is BuJ basically suggested in thread that he should scumread you and then ~48 hours it came to life so I feel less good about it
the worst wrote:a case on enigma
I think the case is pretty strong and is what I saw in enigma - especially a lot of scummy soft defenses for the red slot that I don't get why anyone isn't scumreading
In post 2448, ruru wrote:I assume you're talking about ?

I would expect a meta-case to look something like "enigma does X more frequently as scum than as town" or "X is a general scumtell and enigma doesn't do it as town" and I don't feel like that was either of those

like if you want to talk about ISPing skygazer is a lot worse and I haven't felt much genuine scumhunting from your slot this game either

like, you realize bujaber is the other one pushing the argument that enigma is fluffing too much to be town and I'm scumreading both of you so enigma really strongly feels like designated mislynch to me
I don't really remember ever reading a case on BuJ from you that's strong other than "he posts more and better as town"
I'll ISO you after I finish this post to see if I'm forgetting something but the way you say you feel about the worst pushing the designated enigma mislynch is kinda how I feel about you pushing a designated buj mislynch
except also you just want the worst flipped which...
I dunno it feels obvious that it's one of the two pairs I said earlier but it also feels for some reason like it shouldn't be so obvious
Like I townread the worst and ruru's play for similar reasons (unlikely to be partners with the flipped slot, lots of posting and effort) and scumread them for similar reasons (annoyingly keeping some things to themselves, acknowledging general lack of WIM for most game days)
And I feel like I'm being asked to choose between the two of you and maybe there's a right choice but maybe it's neither...
Spoiler: maybe it's
In post 2480, ruru wrote:
In post 2476, the worst wrote:someone please swing by here and say they actually think ruru is approaching this from a town point of view and trying to sort me and not stubbornly steering a lynch. please please please please please
no, I'm not really trying to sort you because I think you're just scum
this is a little crappy
because his case on enigma is actually pretty good
and he's right that you're not engaging with his content
and like even if the worst is scum you said yourself he plays survivalistically so maybe he's handing you his partner on a silver platter
anyway I do agree with a lot of the content of his case even as I lose my townread on the worst so do you at least understanding why I'm partner reading you and enigma for the same reasons you're partner reading tw/buj
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:13 am

Post by BuJaber »

@TW: where were you in day 1 when I brought this case forward and you replaced in at pretty much the same time?

Where were you when I took shit for it multiple times?

Why is this desire to reread and sort day 1 coming only now? The boredom in this game did not start just recently. You had time before.

Right now when people are finally softening up to the idea of an enigma wagon after their hypo-innos have reduced the scum pool you come up with this case that practically mirrors mine?

Why are you opposed to both massclaiming and no lynching give reasons please.

Why are you trying to backtrack on your TR of ruru? She's been pretty consistent in her approach on you. What triggered you to change your approach to her now?

Return to “Completed Open Games”