Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2291, Invisibility wrote:happy birth neroc
also im mostly skimming this game wher is the scumcase for titus
thanks, guy, case is in my iso.
In post 2292, Lady Angel wrote:One of Titus, Vecna, Nero Cain, and JJh is probably scum, but I'm hesitant to vote in there because I can't figure out which one.
y are any of these scum?

In post 2298, Chickadee wrote:Why on earth are people saying Vecna scum? Vecna is obvtown.
ok...move on.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Happy brfday
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

thanks.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:02 am

Post by mastina »

Btw, small warning. I'm physically feeling pretty okay right now, but mentally my mindset at the moment is, "I need to do this because I promised I would, but I want to get it done as quickly as I can so I can do other things", aka, a kinda more depressed mindset, so if you want more from me: call me out, directly question me, etc.
In post 1993, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1991, Titus wrote:Ok boys talk to me here.
im all man baby
This probably does not have the connotation you wanted it to have, unless you meant to say that you're a manchild. :P (Commas! They can change a sentences meaning.)
In post 1997, Vecna wrote:I'd like both Titus' and Mastina's input on Nosferatu here. A comparison with lynch the wolves is what im looking for mostly since thats my only beacon of comparison.
Nosferatu wasn't town in Lynch the Wolves but wasn't scum, either--this makes it a poor point of reference. You can use Nosferatu's play near endgame as a reference because at that point Nosferatu had deduced he was town and was therefore playing like it, but his early game he was playing not-so-town-mindset.

That having been said: I am of the opinion this is Nosferatu's towngame, having seen Nosferatu in a fair share of recent games beyond just Lynch the Wolves. If you wanted more specifics, I honestly wouldn't be able to describe it; it's something that I kinda
feel
, but can't figure out how to explain. Call it gut if you must though I wouldn't. Which contrasts with this:
In post 1958, Vecna wrote:Can you be a bit more specific as to what it is in ginngie's play that screams town as u put it? What are the indicators? Because these type of statements can be made at any time about any person :wink:
Can I be more specific, yes. I can. But with respect: given that this is Ginngie we're talking about. A player I have a very, very long, established track record of soulreading. I would prefer not to and just have you trust me when I say that she's town.
In post 1998, Vecna wrote:I like Titus for town here. I also really felt that last Beeboy post sounded very towny.
Hard disagree on both accounts.
In post 2022, jjh927 wrote:NicoRobin, how useful do you feel rn
Speaking of Nico, I forgot to mention she moved from one of my main scumspects to being among my strongest townreads. The thing I was looking for, she displayed to an extent which I don't think she's capable of faking as scum.
In post 2055, Nero Cain wrote:maid/jj/gin/R&L-We'll see how much scum that is.
Maid's scum but nobody else in that list is.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:24 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 2231, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2229, Gamma Emerald wrote:I know enough of the history, and if you think after Yume’s performance in that game and the one specifically made to show how she could be a good player she deserves that kind of hate then you are a horribly spiteful person.
You really don't know the history. You know a small glimpse. And I am not spiteful enough to air out dirty laundry in this game. I don't like her and that is enough said.
Good, because I don't like u either. :/
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Invisibility »

ok
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Firebringer »

vizzy do you have a hat?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:39 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2145, Nero Cain wrote:I think lurk Mastina is scum Mastina.
I have more towngames lurking than I do towngames active; I have more scumgames active than I do scumgames lurking. That doesn't make lurking a towntell, by any means, but it has a damn good reason behind it. I pride myself in good scumplay, and lurking isn't good scumplay. The proof is in my wiki; games which would otherwise be marked as 5-star scumgames, I dock myself on points for, because, "Unfortunately, I wasn't active".

Lurking is easy. Lurking is not in any way proof of skill. Lurking is not something I would intentionally do. But like I said, lurking's also not a towntell. The reason why, is because there are plenty of lurking scumgames in spite of my desire to not lurk, and plenty of active towngames in spite of my tendency to get in lulls. That's because lurking isn't an alignment-tell, but a mindset-tell. When I am lurking, it is because I am not in a good mindset.

I have been sick for over a fucking month. Still am. I'm feeling
better
today, but I am still undeniably sick, as shown by my cough. YOU try being sick for a whole month and see how it affects your will to post in games. I will contribute when I can, as much as I can. The amount I contribute will meet the minimum standard for what's acceptable, albeit done mostly in intermittent bursts where there's a large period of inactivity followed by a short period of hyper-activity. That's as much as I can promise, because that's the extent of my capabilities right now.

If I could do more than that, then you'd see me actually doing more than that, but you may note that this is my only game right now. (In fact, I was even planning on using an alt in the near-future, but have put that off because I'm in no shape to use it.)
In post 2165, Lady Angel wrote:Also, where on earth did Mastina go?
The same place I have been going: away from mafiascum, to rest and recover. This is a sitewide thing, as you'll note that most of my visits to the site have coincided with posts here, and there's a distinct lack of visits to the site where I was posting elsewhere yet not here. I make it a point to try and keep you informed.

I usually am phoneposting nowadays, but when I am phoneposting I can't multiquote. Since I need to multiquote in order to properly provide content for this game, that means I usually can only do so at work, so most of my posts are "hey I'm at work, can't post now but here's where I can post". (And then, on the phone, I do things I CAN do on the phone--which saves me time. If I do the things I can do on the phone, then I don't have to waste my time doing those things on the desktop, and can instead do the things I can only do on my desktop. Makes sense, yes?)
In post 2173, Nero Cain wrote:y not replace out so u can like rest and not play?
Because replacing out is against my beliefs. In all of my time as a player, since returning from my first hiatus, I have asked to be replaced a grand total of once, maybe twice, and for reasons unrelated to activity--due to a level of toxicity so extreme I simply couldn't stand it and outright told the mod that I was leaving the game.

Which says something, since my definition of toxicity is much different than most peoples' and I tolerate a ton I frankly shouldn't. But aside from those instances, I've never asked to be replaced. I have, on rare occasions, failed to meet activity standards and been force-replaced for "flaking", once or twice. I have, on a few occasions, been compromised by having information I wasn't meant to have and thus necessitated a force-replace.

But I've never asked for a replacement, and I never will. I swore an oath to that effect, that I would never again be replaced. It's stubbornness, it's prideful, buthey, pride's my greatest sin, so I'll own up to it. I'll never willingly replace out, not for something silly as health.

Of course. I also know that just prod-dodging through the game is a terrible thing to do; I've done that before and directly ruined a game as a result (if not more than one), and while I never swore an OFFICIAL oath to that effect (because I knew it was a promise I might not be able to keep, especially given it could contradict the existing oath), I made an unofficial one where I said that I'd never just eternally prod-dodge, and would provide content regardless of how bad things got.

So why would I need replacement if I am giving sufficient levels of content? If you think I am not, like I said. Call me out on it, and engage me. I work really, really well with direct, one-on-one engagements, where I can hash things out and explain things. But if I am giving sufficient levels of content, then there's no problem to be had.
In post 2177, Ginngie wrote:I'm probably gonna replace out
I literally just have no breathing room with studying
Please don't. <3

You can do the same thing I do--in fact, you can do it even better than I can; I actually take some cues from
you
with my posting habits these days. (The student has, quite literally, become the master, in that field!) Just give what you can, when you can, and if it's not good enough, well, someone will find a way to fix it.
In post 2200, northsidegal wrote:First question: is mastina town?
Next questions: I have {GE, Sky, Porkens, Ginngie, Nero Cain, jjh, randomidget} as town.
I am obviously biased in knowing the answer to the first question, but I can still help you find the answer to it all the same, objectively, via providing input on the second:
Literally every name you mentioned as town, is in my townbloc. (So's your slot, by the way.)
From that, you can judge as you'd like.
In post 2105, Chickadee wrote:Nero is poking too many things with a stick.
While that is a good way to ensure that none of those things get the amount of poking they deserve, the strategy has merit and is nothing out of the normal.
In post 2187, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2185, Firebringer wrote:god damn it, i am town. i demand a re roll.
This is what scum would post
Yes indeed, and if I move my vote from Chickadee it'll be onto Firebringer.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 2299, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 2298, Chickadee wrote:Why on earth are people saying Vecna scum? Vecna is obvtown.
How

You seemed to think he was town during the fake post restriction
I did. I thought he was town yesterday. I was the first to bring it up actually, and it was my post bringing it up that prompted all the Vecna talk yesterday.

I don't think the post restriction was fake. I believe what Vecna claimed beginning D2. I don't care to push him on it. It's outlandish enough that I would put it in the "you cant make this shit up" category. And I like the way he came forward about knowing someone visited him in the night, and can confirm his flavor. I mean the flavor was obvious, but I like how all of it unfolded regardless. I also really like his contributions now that he's been able to talk.

So talk to me a bit about your view of Vecna.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2307, mastina wrote:I have been sick for over a fucking month. Still am.
replace out.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:47 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2246, Firebringer wrote:she has a blind spot to reading u.
Could not be more hilariously wrong; Ginngie is the player I can read better than any other player on site. Ginngie has a blind spot to reading me, but it is
not
mutual.
In post 2227, Firebringer wrote:mastina is town and i am sad.
Proof that Firebringer is scum:
If Firebringer were town, he wouldn't care about me being town; he would lynch me without giving a damn about it.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2310, mastina wrote:
In post 2246, Firebringer wrote:she has a blind spot to reading u.
Could not be more hilariously wrong; Ginngie is the player I can read better than any other player on site. Ginngie has a blind spot to reading me, but it is
not
mutual.
In post 2227, Firebringer wrote:mastina is town and i am sad.
Proof that Firebringer is scum:
If Firebringer were town, he wouldn't care about me being town; he would lynch me without giving a damn about it.
wrong way. if i was scum i would lynch you and laugh about it all the way home.
Show

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2248, Firebringer wrote:convince me of titus scum. i am open minded to scumreads right now. really in the market for some tbh.
In post 2259, Firebringer wrote:this seems like a interesting wagon. how u doing nosferatu?
Good evidence Firebringer and Titus are scumbuddies btw.
In post 2268, Chickadee wrote:It's an interesting wagon for sure. I'm waiting to see what happens with it. I don't have Titus sorted one way or the other yet. I find it difficult to read them generally.
A good case for Chickadee and Titus to be scumbuddies as well.

Not to mention how the Chickadee-Firebringer interactions reek of being scum-scum.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Firebringer »

also don't act like you can read me mastina
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2311, Firebringer wrote:wrong way. if i was scum i would lynch you and laugh about it all the way home.
i can actually quote an exact quote of you saying just this so you flipping it around is humorous.

are you so sick right now that ur not thinking straight?
Show

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:53 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2313, Firebringer wrote:also don't act like you can read me mastina
Oh I can't.
But I can read beeboy and MariaR who you replaced and they were playing to their scum metas, sooooooooooooo. Don't need to!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Firebringer »

anyone mastina is saying is scum is coming from someone whose level of thinking is gone rn.
it makes me think now that Titus is town (which I was leaning scum tbh) and chickadee is town (who i had no read on)

mastina who else is my scumbuddy so i can see that they are town?
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2315, mastina wrote:
In post 2313, Firebringer wrote:also don't act like you can read me mastina
Oh I can't.
But I can read beeboy and MariaR who you replaced and they were playing to their scum metas, sooooooooooooo. Don't need to!
i can logic circles around these arguments.
first of all you made arguments for why i was scum based on my posting than contradict yourself by saying my predecessor is who you were reading.

this shows you are a liar because saying posts of mine are scum while not actually trying to sort them is disingenious to actual sorting.

if you want to argue my predecessor makes my slot scum, why not argue that since its ur strongest and genuine argument?

prolly cause no one is going to care about it since i can't speak for my predecessor so have to make baloney statements on my obvious scuminess while lying the whole way home.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Firebringer »

town rn:
vecna, chickadee, titus, nero cain, nsg, mastina

i think i had a few others.

people i don't care what their alignment is:
gamma, nico

i know i had a few other reads, should review them. ISO people wasn't helping me getting any footing in this.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Firebringer »

wheme is the one i am giving a gun to btw.
Show

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'd lynch fire
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

good ot know
Show

Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 2306, Firebringer wrote:vizzy do you have a hat?
i dont know probably somewhere
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2319, Firebringer wrote:wheme is the one i am giving a gun to btw.
RIP to the town he shoots.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2308, Chickadee wrote:So talk to me a bit about your view of Vecna.
talk about something other than Vecna?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”