Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

Who do you think is scum here and why? Your RR vote was fine for RVS, not so much now.
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:48 am

In post 1348, Chickadee wrote:I can also confirm it’s porkens. It stands for The Player Formerly Known As Porkens
Thanks, this is very helpful. I never could remember that in Labrynth.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Toogeloo »

My mental notes escape me atm, but I think I had...
Elsa Kay
Nancy Drew Toranaganate
BoogerJabber
...as scum reads.

I'm struggling to keep up with the pace since I'm on business in DC right now (and another week more). Hopefully I'll be dead after Night 1 though, so it wont be much an issue.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:52 am

Post by BuJaber »

Is that a typo? Did you mean scumreads or townreads?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I think someone asked what info can be gained from lynching Elsa.

People can still have stances on other reads and lynch the claimed scum, plus night brings in a lot of information as well which almost always substantiates previous positions or opens new avenues of discussion.

The game is designed to try and prevent swing, but that doesnt mean it isnt possible, and if town loses too many members before scum loses even one, Elsa automatically becomes a non facto member of the scum team. Lynching her later in the game is still a mislynch in the eyes of the mafia team.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

So mislynching me now and saving yourself the trouble is your shitty way of saying your town. Fine.

Fucking try to contribute the the majority man. Help them with your vote. They don't feel like hanging me yet so dont beat a dead horse. MAKE A PUSH ELSEWHERE.

I'm really gonna be point blank that I'm never healing you and hope you die during the night, but if your town, please help town make a push on legitimate scum. It cant be that damn hard.
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:30 am

In post 1352, Toogeloo wrote:My mental notes escape me atm, but I think I had...
Elsa Kay
Nancy Drew Toranaganate
BoogerJabber
...as scum reads.

I'm struggling to keep up with the pace since I'm on business in DC right now (and another week more). Hopefully I'll be dead after Night 1 though, so it wont be much an issue.
Reasons?

BuJabber ought to be especially offended by you calling him “BoogerJabber”.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:33 am

In post 1354, Toogeloo wrote:I think someone asked what info can be gained from lynching Elsa.

People can still have stances on other reads and lynch the claimed scum, plus night brings in a lot of information as well which almost always substantiates previous positions or opens new avenues of discussion.

The game is designed to try and prevent swing, but that doesnt mean it isnt possible, and if town loses too many members before scum loses even one, Elsa automatically becomes a non facto member of the scum team. Lynching her later in the game is still a mislynch in the eyes of the mafia team.
So, we don’t try to find hidden scum on D1 and try to discern possible associatives? In what world does that remotely make sense?

~ Nancy

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1344, BuJaber wrote:For what it's worth I think both lurker wagons would be good for us, especially now that there's been some back and forth from the people on each wagon.

But people townreading TFPKAP already are lying to themselves.

There's nothing there. There's nothing in Nico's ISO

The difference between RR and them is in addition to what I've already said, he's engaging with people and keeping up with his word vomit.
And I see it is a very excessively exhausting way to maintain fake towncred if that's what he's going for.
He could fake reads and post less and choose to engage people selectively instead of doing this. He's being brazenly rediculously irrelevant and attracting attention like a magnet. Also the early wagon on him was weird and I'm fairly confident one or more of the voters were scum. I'd rather first get some scum flips before starting to consider the possibility of some sort of SvS wagon.

So RR is likely town, one or both of Nico/TFKPAP are likely scum.
I find it strange that you persist in maintaining this position when I've been rather quiet the last 48 hours or so. Why aren't you suspicious of me, if that early play is, as you said, excessively exhausting? I would expect someone who believes that to expect us to slow down if scum, which is something we've done.

(Also, I recommend you check out our hydras play in Steven Universe 2, Aquarius' play from the Final Fantasy Tactics game, The Cool Cucumbers play from Saga Frontier, my play(Cerberus v6.66) from Open 623, and/or RAM's play in Gistou. All instances of me as, at the least, a very vocal head of a hydra, or by myself, as scum. Right conclusion, wrong reasons. :P)

I have two hours stuck in front of a computer for work stuff, where I can't do fun things.

Whoever is out there engage with me and direct my attention where you desire. I'm also going to be poking Drixx to see if I can get a short version of his thoughts on the game state, since he told me he had caught up with the game.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:49 am

In post 546, ruru wrote:
votecountWith 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Reasonably Rational (7):
Toogeloo (449),Toranaga (451),CheekyTeeky (452),the worst (462),NicoRobin (473),Elsa Jay (474),Thor665 (544),
Flicker (2):
northsidegal (153),RadiantCowbells (471),
Toranaga (1):
Reasonably Rational (363),
the worst (1):
Skygazer (380),
RadiantCowbells (1):
BuJaber (384),
BuJaber (1):
Flicker (497),
Not voting (4):
TPFKAP,Chickadee,randomidget,Malakittens (90),

(expired on 2018-10-16 02:00:00) remain.
I'll be starting here with ISOing people, if nobody else gives me anything to look at. My wagon was the one that came closest to actually resulting in a lynch.

Bujaber and RC slot/Chara have honorary places in this group as well, though their are some independent reasons to consider them each town, RC did do the ridiculous thing of voting and giving my wagon a bit of momentum and immediately leaving it before the vote could get caught by a VC.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1354, Toogeloo wrote:I think someone asked what info can be gained from lynching Elsa.

Sure we'd have his reads. But they wouldn't mean anything. It would be the same information wise as knowingly mislynching townie. We wouldn't get any associative reads to work with.

I agree Elsa does not make it to end game, but now is not the time to kill him.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:59 am

Spoiler: For Toogeloo
In post 156, Toogeloo wrote:Mod responded to my request for flavor. I'm a Reaver. That's a good guy, right?

Also...

Vote: Reasonably Rational

Serious vote as my tryhard alarm is pinging.
I think Drixx mentioned this, but I believe you were present in Heroes Wanted, though I was dead and flipped by the time you joined. Were you in that game during D2? And/or did you read D2, and come away with the impression that tryharding is out of character for me?
In post 181, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 165, Malakittens wrote:@Toog:

tryhard alarm
didn't ping to you earlier??
I'm mostly just getting scum vibes from the over analysis of RC's Masonry claim.
I'd like more details on why you view what I said as overanalysis. You're familiar with RC, yes? Is anything RC does something that should ever be accepted at face value, or analyzed minimally?
In post 540, Toogeloo wrote:For the record, I felt the over analysis of the Masonry claim felt forced, which is what gives me the scum vibe from your slot. Was getting that try hard mentality from your slot.
Same thing I just said.
In post 536, Toogeloo wrote:Vote Counter is broken anyways considering RR has 4 different Vote Lines.

Wagon on RR is simply, I voted them because I didn't like their posting and then the lemming festival kinda walked on through as they moved off their last vanity wagon.
Why is this post minimizing the reasoning you gave for the vote? Previously you had expressed a (singular) specific reason, but now you've changed it to a vague statement. What were you trying to accomplish here by downplaying your own reasoning, while downplaying everyone else's even more?
In post 729, Toogeloo wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Elsa Jay

We can't have more than 2 of each alignment killed per total cycle, which diminishes the role of Doctor as it is. Add in the fact that Elsa has admitted to not having a town wincon and it makes for an easy choice to lynch since depending on how the game goes, they'll flip to whichever side helps them achieve their wincon, which will make it more difficult to lynch the slot if we find ourselves in deep too far down the road.

I'm not changing my vote and standing firm on this. We aren't leashing third party, regardless of what the role is.
In post 1352, Toogeloo wrote:My mental notes escape me atm, but I think I had...
Elsa Kay
Nancy Drew Toranaganate
BoogerJabber
...as scum reads.

The last couple all go together. At least, the Elsa Jay part. Why are you pushing for their lynch today so hard, if you agree that mechanically lynching them at any point in the game is the same? It feels like you have the same reasoning as Jingle, but instead of arriving at their conclusion that Elsa has to be lynched at some time prior to LYLO, you decided they need to be lynched NOW. I don't understand how the two of you applied the same logic and arrived at such different conclusions.

Can you elaborate on NDS and Bujaber scumreads?

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:01 am

In post 1361, Reasonably Rational wrote:
Spoiler: For Toogeloo
In post 156, Toogeloo wrote:Mod responded to my request for flavor. I'm a Reaver. That's a good guy, right?

Also...

I think Drixx mentioned this, but I believe you were present in Heroes Wanted, though I was dead and flipped by the time you joined. Were you in that game during D2? And/or did you read D2, and come away with the impression that tryharding is out of character for me?
In post 181, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 165, Malakittens wrote:@Toog:

tryhard alarm
didn't ping to you earlier??
I'm mostly just getting scum vibes from the over analysis of RC's Masonry claim.
I'd like more details on why you view what I said as overanalysis. You're familiar with RC, yes? Is anything RC does something that should ever be accepted at face value, or analyzed minimally?
In post 540, Toogeloo wrote:For the record, I felt the over analysis of the Masonry claim felt forced, which is what gives me the scum vibe from your slot. Was getting that try hard mentality from your slot.
Same thing I just said.
In post 536, Toogeloo wrote:Vote Counter is broken anyways considering RR has 4 different Vote Lines.

Wagon on RR is simply, I voted them because I didn't like their posting and then the lemming festival kinda walked on through as they moved off their last vanity wagon.
Why is this post minimizing the reasoning you gave for the vote? Previously you had expressed a (singular) specific reason, but now you've changed it to a vague statement. What were you trying to accomplish here by downplaying your own reasoning, while downplaying everyone else's even more?
In post 729, Toogeloo wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Elsa Jay

We can't have more than 2 of each alignment killed per total cycle, which diminishes the role of Doctor as it is. Add in the fact that Elsa has admitted to not having a town wincon and it makes for an easy choice to lynch since depending on how the game goes, they'll flip to whichever side helps them achieve their wincon, which will make it more difficult to lynch the slot if we find ourselves in deep too far down the road.

I'm not changing my vote and standing firm on this. We aren't leashing third party, regardless of what the role is.
Elsa Kay
Nancy Drew Toranaganate
BoogerJabber
...as scum reads.

The last couple all go together. At least, the Elsa Jay part. Why are you pushing for their lynch today so hard, if you agree that mechanically lynching them at any point in the game is the same? It feels like you have the same reasoning as Jingle, but instead of arriving at their conclusion that Elsa has to be lynched at some time prior to LYLO, you decided they need to be lynched NOW. I don't understand how the two of you applied the same logic and arrived at such different conclusions.

Can you elaborate on NDS and Bujaber scumreads?

-Cerb
To clarify, it's for Toogeloo and anyone else who wants to read it, not like, something private, just a list of quotes and questions I have for them.

-Cerb
Show

Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:11 am

In post 1360, Chickadee wrote:

Sure we'd have his reads. But they wouldn't mean anything. It would be the same information wise as knowingly mislynching townie. We wouldn't get any associative reads to work with.

I agree Elsa does not make it to end game, but now is not the time to kill him.
+1

Chick, very likely town here.

Toog, probably unintentional scumsiding town. Lol

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:14 am

In post 156, Toogeloo wrote:Mod responded to my request for flavor.
I'm a Reaver
. That's a good guy, right?

Also...

Wait, I haven’t fully read the game. Isn’t Reavers supposed to be scum?

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:15 am

In post 1364, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 156, Toogeloo wrote:Mod responded to my request for flavor.
I'm a Reaver
. That's a good guy, right?

Also...

Wait, I haven’t fully read the game. Isn’t Reavers supposed to be scum?
It's addressed in their ISO.

Short version, claimed it's a joke, which they felt comfortable making because nobody has flavor.

-Cerb
Show

Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:22 am

In post 185, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 182, CheekyTeeky wrote:Why did you feel the need to reiterate this?
Because apparently people took me seriously when I claimed to be a Reaver.

I've seen the series in full probably a dozen times, and the movie even more times. I thought it would be an apparent attempt at jest.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Jingle »

I'll read what's happened since yesterday and be around late in the evening. If anyone has specific questions for me, they will be addressed at that time.
This is a Parachute.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

randomidget
failed to pick up his prod :(

Replacement
Replacement Announcement

randomidget
is replaced with
Gamma Emerald
effective immediately.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:46 am

In post 1368, Almost50 wrote:
randomidget
failed to pick up his prod :(

Replacement
Replacement Announcement

randomidget
is replaced with
Gamma Emerald
effective immediately.
DIE DIE DIE

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:47 am

where are my manners

welcome gamma!

-tor

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:09 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Wonder if Gamma will be on the "Pro-Elsa" side or the "Anti-Elsa" side.

At the very least, we get another active member in the discussion. New voice and all that jazz.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1349, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:I can’t speak for Tor but A) you first tell me that you’re scumreading our slot, then demand I “blindly sheep” you on a slot I think could be town. B) I’m not tr Porkens/TPFKAP but as scum, she usually tries to derail in some way, so no blatantly obvious scumtells from her slot yet. You’d be making a mistake, if you think I’m locked in on your wagon. Convince me I’m wrong here. What am I not seeing?
A) Yes, and?
B) How solid is that as a Porkens scumtell for you?
(unlabled) C) How about everything I already pointed out, and that you presented as an issue with me made up meta that I asked you why you believed and you haven't talked to me about but then asked me to talk about your read on me? :neutral:
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1337, CheekyTeeky wrote:Tor what happened to your scumread on Mala?
Did you answer this?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Hey Gamma :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”