Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1393, BuJaber wrote:@chara - how well do you know RC? How well do you know Tora? What do you think of my reads on Tora and your slot?
i know them both well enough. don't think i've seen scum Toranaga.
i remember you were scumreading RC, don't know on Toranaga.
i think scumreading RC is very fair, that was my reaction to town RC too.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:48 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Oh, just a heads up Chara, RC still left your vote on Nancy/Tora. Been there since 776.

And hopefully town agrees that we HAVE to make Toogeloo talk about other relevant topics then "hang 3p autoscum hehe let me not think about legitimate scum".

As you can tell, I dont like it. Atleast with Jingle and RR their harshness on me comes from genuine strategy. This is just harassment at this point.

He also doesnt seem to be reading anymore of my posts, but at this point I'm giving up on him too, so...
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:50 am

Post by Chara »

UNVOTE:
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:51 am

Post by BuJaber »

I think I can read RC fairly well.
I can probably read RC better.
I don't think their argument was TvT. I think your slot is scum and Tora's is town.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:51 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1401, Elsa Jay wrote:And hopefully town agrees that we HAVE to make Toogeloo talk about other relevant topics then "hang 3p autoscum hehe let me not think about legitimate scum".
How do you suggest we do that?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:57 am

Post by Chara »

that's fine, if you're town you'll figure it out once i actually start playing, probably.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:01 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1404, BuJaber wrote:
In post 1401, Elsa Jay wrote:And hopefully town agrees that we HAVE to make Toogeloo talk about other relevant topics then "hang 3p autoscum hehe let me not think about legitimate scum".
How do you suggest we do that?
He'll never listen to me, and his other scum read is on you and Nancy, so I guess it's up to everyone else.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:02 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1403, BuJaber wrote:I think I can read RC fairly well.
I can probably read
RC
Tora better.
I don't think their argument was TvT. I think your slot is scum and Tora's is town.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1385, Jingle wrote:Other than the not-a-townslip that we resolved, the reads being specifically on who they were on (RC, CT, Tora) doesn't particularly strike me as scum trying not to ruffle feathers. The NR vote seems more like doesn't give a Smurf than optimistic (NAI) and the beetlejuicing seems more snippy than concerned, which makes that less likely to be of alignment significance imo.
You're bringing up pushes that went literally nowhere as evidence that he's not trying to ruffle feathers - if he had advanced any of those reads an inch I might agree with you, but what ruffling are you seeing here?
Then you defend not giving a hoot and being snippy as more theoretically pro town than being opportunistic and concerned.
Seriously, I feel like you're desperate grabbing at straws here when Ockham's Razor is sitting right there going 'yo, whassp?'
In post 1385, Jingle wrote:On the other hand, NR strikes me as aggressively doing Smurfall, especially given that she appears to be posting once every other day. I'm totes down to drown that in a fire, pending a meta dive to determine if that is a town or scum indicative move. You know, after I'm done hitting beehives with a stick to see if anything tasty drops out.
A very casual look at the posting from that slot over the past week suggests that if it is a scumtell then they're only a scum player in all their games at the moment. :shrug: I don't want to defend the play (unlike your back bend above) but let's at least be honest that if Nico is scummy (and I agree, they're a perfectly acceptable lynch option) than so are some other slots. However other slots are getting weird pushback, which bothers me. Why isn't it pinging you and why are you doing it?
In post 1385, Jingle wrote:Voting RR right now seems like a waste of both of our time. The wagon died, and I don't particularly want it back at the moment, despite the use it had a few days ago. I've seen what RR does under pressure this game, and now I want to let them have their space and see how that changes the things. I'll get back to you if I decide resurrecting the dead wagon is useful, but I'm quite satisfied with the three wagons we have at the moment for now.
You brought it up, I'd already moved off the wagon.
In post 1385, Jingle wrote:Speaking of which, what do you think of the votes on you? What are your experience levels with the CT and the members of the Shogunate, or possibly more relevant their experience levels with you?
The wagon on me is meh for reads because it's still pretty small, it might be derp town and an oportunistic scum, or it might be all town going for reactions. That it petered out at three while Nico remains relatively strong doesn't make it feel particularly scumdriven. I'd wager one at most and Tora would be my bet.

CT and Toranaga have experience with me, don't think I've ever played with Toranaga's partner (y'know, the one who made a meta claim on me and keeps ducking the question about where they came up with this concept of why I'd play that way, even when they have a partner who does know my playstyle...just saying). I think Cheeky is playing fine. I have issues and doubts on the Toranaaga slot (and that he's half jabbing at me while acting paranoid about his partner being interrogated while she keeps digging a hole triggers me even more on the slot).
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Malakittens »

It was more because I was unsure why a fair amount of people were townreading that slot. I know porkens name was bounced around so o was double checking if that was indeed the connection
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1394, BuJaber wrote:
In post 1386, Jingle wrote:Toogaloogaloog
Elsa
GEmerald
Thor
Cheeky
Toraganate
Skygazer
TPFKAP
NR
Chara
Chick
Does this mean you think all of these are townies? Or are these all the non-null reads?
Neither. That list is RR specific and has little to do with my actual reads. And if I could have 10 accurate non null reads this early into my process I’d be way better at this game.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1396, BuJaber wrote:It's a very strange post if you ask me. It's oddly specific yet very vague at the same time and reading it actually tells me nothing about where his reads lie. It's literally just a list of some of the players.
This is an accurate statement.
This is a Parachute.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1410, Jingle wrote:And if I could have 10 accurate non null reads this early into my process I’d be way better at this game.
Why have the word accurate there?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Jingle »

Because if that list were based on reads I’d locked in, it would be reads I was relatively certain of the accuracy of. At this point, getting alternative views of slots I have reads on Is actually useful to me to see if they match and where the differences come from.
This is a Parachute.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1412, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1410, Jingle wrote:And if I could have 10 accurate non null reads this early into my process I’d be way better at this game.
Why have the word accurate there?
Probably because having that many truly accurate reads day 1 sounds impossible?

I mean, besides the Multiball stuff and my claim, we haven't had a strong set of information like a flip. So we don't 100 percent have people's true intentions.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Jingle »

Eh, I’m pretty sure on 6 town/3p players at the moment and I have a decent scumread. Also, only five players in my null pile, one of which I never plan to directly sort. There’s lots to go on right now.
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 87, Elsa Jay wrote:
Captain's Log: Entry 1

Occupant RadiantCowbells seems to have decided too throw any good will i had with their Mason claim by calling me scummy.

Occupant is also causing a ruckus with my assumed ally,Toranaga.

Cautionary measures may have to be taken. We may have to gag and tie then up.
My take (might format these in-flavor later):
I think Tor's position is pretty towny
RC is meh
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1415, Jingle wrote:Eh, I’m pretty sure on 6 town/3p players at the moment and I have a decent scumread. Also, only five players in my null pile, one of which I never plan to directly sort. There’s lots to go on right now.
Yeah, just saying accurate feels weird - like, basically even a good player's odds of accurate are only slightly better than random chance would dictate - so why is that even a concern. I'd just call it 'reads' or 'solid reads' or 'confident reads' not 'accurate reads'.

The language choice seems odd.
The answer sounds like sanity - but doesn't quite explain the word choice for me.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Jingle »

Because the only point at which I am uninterested in hearing about a conflicting read is when I’m certain of my own accuracy like through a cop result. Even solid reads can be wrong, and if someone brings up a good point I’ll reconsider.

If the list were about my reads, it would be based on accuracy. Which is kind of the whole point I was making. The list isn’t about my reads at all.
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 93, Toranaga wrote:it's a new player thinking new player things I'm almost sure
lol
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 105, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 99, Elsa Jay wrote:in a Multiball game
Has it been confirmed that this is a multiball?
Good post I think
<Embrace The Void>

TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

Vla till mons
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm glad people have explained to me that TPFKAP isn't active lurking, otherwise I would get the wrong impression from his play.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Just from what I’ve seen so far I’m feeling Thor as town
Which is schweet cod I read his wiki recently and the theory there is da bomb
<Embrace The Void>

Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

In post 1403, BuJaber wrote:I think I can read RC fairly well.
I can probably read RC better.
I dunno, ISOing RC/Tora interactions makes me think it’s just too hostile not to be. Tell me why you disagree?

~Nancy
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”