Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Flicker »

In post 1331, Malakittens wrote:Did we confirm that slot is definitely porkens
In post 1339, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1331, Malakittens wrote:Did we confirm that slot is definitely porkens
I can 100% confirm this, as this was confirmed in Labrynth.

~Nancy
In post 1342, Chara wrote:i can also confirm TPFKAP is Porkens, unless Maplewood was lying to me. did not realize it was in doubt, really.
In post 1348, Chickadee wrote:I can also confirm it’s porkens. It stands for The Player Formerly Known As Porkens
Something about this group of posts strikes me as a little off. Did we really need three people to confirm this info? Arguably NDS gets a pass for being the first one to answer, and Chick elaborating on what the initialism stands for is also helpful, but Chara's second-hand info (that they're not even totally confident in) helps how?

Then, going through their ISO, I found this:
In post 1237, Chara wrote:hi all. rereading now, sorry for the wait.
want to say Rational's town just by skimming recent posts since i've replaced.
You can't
re
read unless you've already read. Is this a slip, revealing more information/awareness of the game than they're letting on? That strikes me as scummy.

VOTE: Chara
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Jingle am I wrong in assuming your confident scumread is on Thor?
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

In post 892, RadiantCowbells wrote:And fuck you if you think I'd do this as scum cheeky
Would scum!RC really make this kind of post? I somehow doubt it.

~N
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

If he did I'd be heartbroken.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

NicoRobin (3):
Malakittens (1191),Reasonably Rational (1200),TPFKAP (1274),
TPFKAP (3):
BuJaber (1258),Elsa Jay (1266),Thor665 (1275),
Thor665 (3):
Jingle (1295),CheekyTeeky (1328),Nancy Drew Shogunate (1329),
Flicker (2):
northsidegal (153),Chickadee (1241),
Reasonably Rational (1):
NicoRobin (473),
Elsa Jay (1):
Toogeloo (729),
BuJaber (1):
Skygazer (881),
Chara (1):
Flicker (1425),
Not voting (2):
Gamma Emerald,Chara (1402),

(expired on 2018-10-16 02:00:00) remain.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 15, Elsa Jay wrote:Well I tried.

Anyway, voting up a dude who claimed to be in a Masonry?

Now admittedly, because this is (probably) Multiball he COULD theoretically be scum. But voting him?

VOTE: Malakittens

Obviously you COULD be joking, but this seems like a decent start.
this is probably a dumb question, but RC claimed masons with nsg, then Elsa talking about voting the mason claim and votes Mala, and then there is some conversation about my slot/Mala as mason buddies.
what happened here? am i dumb?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 72, Elsa Jay wrote:Now 2 people have decided to vote a Mason claim.

I appear to have been put into a ship of crazy people.

Must Update my Captain's log.
never mind. i just got it.

in my defense i'm very tired.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Chara »

don't like how both assumes Cheeky is town and preemptively defends that the players scumreading him can't read him. if he's scum here i'd guess Tor is following his town meta on purpose.
follow up posts might forgive if he's often misread by RC, so it might be nothing.would like to know why he seemed confident in Cheeky town early on.
i like Elsa on reading too, but the mere fact of being 3p who can easily be genuinely hunting while still having an anti-town wincon means i can't do anything with this townread.

don't like either.

this kind of sucks. normally i don't like sheeping RC but i know he's town so it feels more viable. and our reads are very similar.
i like Cheeky too.

every time Toranaga explains his thought process more i stop scumreading him for earlier posts. like i like .

Cerb: i'm a little surprised at . normally i would expect you to cover all of your bases, not just two. ;>

i like for the insight on Tora.
end of page 15.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1424, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1403, BuJaber wrote:I think I can read RC fairly well.
I can probably read RC better.
I don't think their argument was TvT. I think your slot is scum and Tora's is town.
I dunno, ISOing RC/Tora interactions makes me think it’s just too hostile not to be. Tell me why you disagree?

~Nancy

Because there are other reasons to scumread RC. Such as the scum claim.

Because they didn't start fighting from the beginning like they usually do. Only when Tora started getting active and defending Elsa hard did RC start shit up with him. Ignoring the emotional aspect of the argument, because RC is in better control of his emotions and better at explaining himself, if you look at what they're saying Tora is the one in the right here. Town!RC is smart enough to see that. Tora did have a point regarding Elsa, and more importantly their play really doesn't make sense if they were partners. Tora would know how TMI it would look. So RC doubling down on his scumread of Tora like that is pretty suspicous.

In BlazBlu crosstag game that just finished town!RC got into it with town!Tora. Town tora replaced. RC didn't feel the need to replace in his stead.

This time they were a little hesistant to engage each other and then they did and it just feels so different and RC's conclusions on Tora and Elsa don't make sense to me.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by Chara »

Flicker: mentioned what i knew of Porkens because i glanced at the thread and Chick's post is what i saw on the most recent page.
voting me for saying "reread" as a Freudian slip is rather funny, though. what benefit would there be to pretending i wasn't caught up?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Chara »

BuJaber: your analysis in the last post ignores RC's ego.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

@Chara: I didn't really see other reasonable possibilities behind what RC said, and my answer was mostly tongue-in-cheek.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1435, Chara wrote:BuJaber: your analysis in the last post ignores RC's ego.
So you think he would continue a losing battle?

Imo Tora was eventually going to win that fight. Particularly with how rep-outs seem to be townread on this site.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 605, BuJaber wrote:Here's my issue with RR and why I'm having difficult reading him/them directly: the tone and demeanor just feels townie.. but there's like actually very little in the way of reads except that thing about how I'm not suspicious atm but I might be later which is not actually a read.

Like I'm getting strong townie vibes but everytime I read the actual posts I think 'well he's just stating things that are pretty much neutral or that he believes as facts.' Those are the types of arguments that both town and scum alike can have while being completely genuine.
have you played with Rational? this is pretty standard for them, especially day 1. they rarely give reads on the first day.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Chara »

BuJaber: i don't know about the fight. by his ego i meant doubling down on his scumread instead of listening to Tora's thoughts on Elsa. RC's replaced out as scum before i believe, but doing so like this is something he's done many a time as town, and much more. you can ask somebody besides me on that as well. ;>

Cerb: fair enough. i did bring it up for a reason but i'm mostly satisfied with your play, so it's probably fine. haven't read the second half of the game yet.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Chara »

oh, and checking the VC:
why the Robin vote, Cerb? (checked your ISO briefly and didn't see. also, missed you too. <3)
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1438, Chara wrote:
In post 605, BuJaber wrote:Here's my issue with RR and why I'm having difficult reading him/them directly: the tone and demeanor just feels townie.. but there's like actually very little in the way of reads except that thing about how I'm not suspicious atm but I might be later which is not actually a read.

Like I'm getting strong townie vibes but everytime I read the actual posts I think 'well he's just stating things that are pretty much neutral or that he believes as facts.' Those are the types of arguments that both town and scum alike can have while being completely genuine.
have you played with Rational? this is pretty standard for them, especially day 1. they rarely give reads on the first day.

I have not, good to know.

I've moved to a a fairly confident townread since. You'll read it when you're not.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:05 am

Post by Chickadee »

Oh man I had to go back and double check I was voting Flicker. That last Flicker post was bad.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:29 am

In post 1439, Chara wrote:BuJaber: i don't know about the fight. by his ego i meant doubling down on his scumread instead of listening to Tora's thoughts on Elsa. RC's replaced out as scum before i believe, but doing so like this is something he's done many a time as town, and much more. you can ask somebody besides me on that as well. ;>

Cerb: fair enough. i did bring it up for a reason but i'm mostly satisfied with your play, so it's probably fine. haven't read the second half of the game yet.
I'd love to hear the reason. I imagine there's something else you saw as an option that I neglected.

With regards to Nico: Drixx and I are doing something different, and actually voting. The majority of our votes so far have been purely to apply more pressure to a forming wagon. The vote on Nico was much the same, but the fact that their only content has been to express a vendetta against Drixx and myself did ping us.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1426, CheekyTeeky wrote:Jingle am I wrong in assuming your confident scumread is on Thor?
If I wanted to answer this question, I would have answered it before you asked it. Read into that what you will.
This is a Parachute.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1443, Reasonably Rational wrote:I'd love to hear the reason. I imagine there's something else you saw as an option that I neglected.

With regards to Nico: Drixx and I are doing something different, and actually voting. The majority of our votes so far have been purely to apply more pressure to a forming wagon. The vote on Nico was much the same, but the fact that their only content has been to express a vendetta against Drixx and myself did ping us.

-Cerb
i'll give you a hint: it's not me being mafia, and it's not RC being wrong.
well. technically. :P
thanks for the answer on Robin, that makes sense.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:43 am

In post 1386, Jingle wrote:
In post 1358, Reasonably Rational wrote:Whoever is out there engage with me and direct my attention where you desire. I'm also going to be poking Drixx to see if I can get a short version of his thoughts on the game state, since he told me he had caught up with the game.
Hmm. I don't have a list of people I'd like you to poke, but I do have a list of people I'm planning on poking/don't care about at the moment. If you can make the NotPorkens or the NR make more wordnoises, it would be appreciated. If you're not a witch and limited to reasonable requests, I'd enjoy attempts to sort/draw content from/elaborations about anyone not on the following list:

Toogaloogaloog
Elsa
GEmerald
Thor
Cheeky
Toraganate
Skygazer
TPFKAP
NR
Chara
Chick

If you could pick two of the not them players, and then talk about them I'd be :smile:

Feel free to talk about me. I love hearing about me.
Two from this(much shorter than the list you made) list then, excluding myself?

Jingle the worst
Flicker
BuJaber
Malakittens
northsidegal

-Cerb
Show

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Jingle »

Aye, that appears to be correct.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Jingle »

You can talk about yourself if you want. I won't be offended.
This is a Parachute.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:48 am

In post 1445, Chara wrote:
In post 1443, Reasonably Rational wrote:I'd love to hear the reason. I imagine there's something else you saw as an option that I neglected.

-Cerb
i'll give you a hint: it's not me being mafia, and it's not RC being wrong.
well. technically. :P
thanks for the answer on Robin, that makes sense.
Eh, town killing roles are a thing, but I knew RC wouldn't shoot me if he was town! :P

...And there's also other options, yes, but I don't see the benefit to talking about them. ^^

-Cerb
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”