Newbie 1892 | Stuff I found online V | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:58 am

Post by dojaj »

Sorry for my late replies and inactivity lately cuz school
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Thinking, thinking...

I think LCPL May be pulling a scum gambit.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Korina - I’m also confirmed not to be a scumPR basically too, so it is more than you stated. And I said I’m nearly conf town, not conf town.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Back to LCPL, the fact he waited a while to vote Dojaj makes me feel like LCPL is gambiting further.

Dojaj wasn’t going to be getting mislynched without a counterclaim, and this saves scum from having to kill a Dojaj, and then they get free pickings tonight with who they want to kill.

This was a strong scum play.

VOTE: LCPL
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Korina »

I'm currently typing up my thoughts rn.
I'm kinda getting to that, however, I could see Dojaj pulling the scumgambit instead.

I don't really see LCPL doing it, only because like, if he is, then he's doing an amazing job at not looking scummy.

{Dojaj, LCPL} are the only acceptable lynches today btw.
Anyone who disagrees is automatically scum.

P-Edit: You could still be SPR IMO. You could've chosen not to visit anyone under the assumption that you'd be tracked, however, if that's the case, that's literally 4D chess.
I'm fine with calling you basically mechanically confirmed town, however, there's still the possibility that you're SPR.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 599, RadiantCowbells wrote:Saudade didn't do much in the scum thread to keep the newbies around.

FL would be far more engaging as a partner.
@anyone who thinks Dojaj would still be at all partnered with me - RC stated I’d be far more engaging. This is true. I tend to speak a lot and coach and am a sorta bossy as scum. This whole tracker stuff would have been far more planned out before coming into this day phase of the two of us were scum together.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 654, Korina wrote:I'm currently typing up my thoughts rn.
I'm kinda getting to that, however, I could see Dojaj pulling the scumgambit instead.

I don't really see LCPL doing it, only because like, if he is, then he's doing an amazing job at not looking scummy.

{Dojaj, LCPL} are the only acceptable lynches today btw.
Anyone who disagrees is automatically scum.

P-Edit: You could still be SPR IMO. You could've chosen not to visit anyone under the assumption that you'd be tracked, however, if that's the case, that's literally 4D chess.
I'm fine with calling you basically mechanically confirmed town, however, there's still the possibility that you're SPR.
I’m not even calling myself mechanically confirmed town. I’ve literally said what you’ve said already twice now :lol:

We’re saying the same thing, except you’re saying it like I was calling myself 100% confirmed.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I don’t see Dojaj pulling this as scum. Not in the way he has been.

The “i didn’t know if I could say it in thread” is something I’ve seen a lot, specifically with new players that I’ve played with in face to face mafia.

LCPL took advantage of the situation.

Right now, I’m feeling like Fish is the partner, but I’m not certain.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Lamees »

I'm leaning lcpl/ceej at the moment.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

ScumDojaj means i feel the scum team would have had to been rather weak based on Dojaj’s play and seemingly unorganized.

Malakittens was lynched Day 1, and RC was killed off, and I’m brought into the middle with night actions.

We also had 2 PR claims Day 1.

This implies a strong scum team. Dojaj does not imply that. LCPL is the scum, which is why i’m leaning Fish as the partner as well.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

The two of them were also both on the Dojaj wagon yesterday
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Lamees »

UNVOTE: korina
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Korina »

Thinking about it: LCPL is gambitting. I'm pretty sure of that.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:05 am

Post by Korina »

He did post after RC claimed Cop, which disproves my thought of he wasn't around to CC>
He could've easily CC'd Dojaj at that moment and gotten scum lynched. He wouldn't have been the target in the first place either. Cop is more valuable than a Tracker.
He didn't, however. That brings up the question of why?

I don't really see his reasoning of "I didn't wanna get shot" as true anymore.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Korina »

In post 659, Flavor Leaf wrote:ScumDojaj means i feel the scum team would have had to been rather weak based on Dojaj’s play and seemingly unorganized.

Malakittens was lynched Day 1, and RC was killed off, and I’m brought into the middle with night actions.

We also had 2 PR claims Day 1.

This implies a strong scum team. Dojaj does not imply that. LCPL is the scum, which is why i’m leaning Fish as the partner as well.
I'm starting to think that as well.
I'm starting to think that FF pocketed me early, and that LCPL has to be scum here.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Lamees »

In post 624, dojaj wrote:Hmmmm VOTE: formerfish
Reason?
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:10 am

Post by Lamees »

@ceejay, why didn't you unvote malakittens. And why did you vote dojaj so quickly?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, worst case scenario that we’re wrong on LCPL gambiting, we got Dojaj dead tomorrow :shrug:
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Best case scenario, they’re forced to kill Dojaj or risk getting guiltied
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

While I don’t necessarily think Lamess questions are really that helpful, I see the town intent from them. Korina as scum is just weird to me right now.

There’s no reason for Korina to flip flop on a partner either way really, but i guess that’s a WIFOM reason of why he would? Idk. I’m just town reading Korina, and I feel I don’t need to explain it much more. Everyone sees that. We’ll figure out if we’re wrong.

Ceej’s initial reaction to voting Dojaj after LCPL Tracker announcement makes sense. It’s a knee jerk reaction, even I put down the intent to vote Dojaj until I started analyzing, so I see that comes from town. I also don’t see Jones scum partner immediately voting like that.

So Dojaj, myself, Lames, and ceej town. Korina most likely town.

Leaves Jones and Fish, which is exactly where I’m at right now.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m actually ready to end this day. It’s just going to be a bunch of WIFOM back and forth between Jones and Dojaj sides, and the lynch should definitely not be outside of those two.

I just think it’s the safer, and more likely to be scum, play to go Jones over Dojaj here.

ScumDojaj doesn’t get out of this no matter what. Jones can likely potentially wiggle himself out.

That’s weak reasoning, but I already explained why I want Jones over Dojaj. This weak reasoning is just some sprinkles on top of the sundae case that i made.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Korina »

Alright, here's where I'm at:
This post does contain a lot of WIFOM as well...

Part of me wants to say that Dojaj is lying and is scum. In order to appear like he's actually tracker, he just copied LCPL's results, hence the "what do you mean by track?" bit.
However, I could see LCPL trying to get away (as scum) with a gambit CC. Obviously, if Dojaj is the only other TPR, he could easily claim that his target didn't visit.
This does lead into the whole "Well what if LCPL and Flavor are partners" thing,
HOWEVER
, its actually impossible for them to be partners IMO. It's suicide for Flavor to try to defend his partner here. If LCPL flips red, that means Dojaj is confirmed town, meaning that Flavor most likely had to bus LCPL. If LCPL flips green that means Flavor is instantly suspicious. He's currently leading the charge against LCPL, and a LCPL green flip, means the scum-team falls into {Dojaj, Flavor}.

I can see where Flavor is getting from on the whole "LCPL is gambitting" and it's a very smart play from him.
LCPL (and the scum) would know that Dojaj is the only other TPR, meaning everyone else would return a "no visit" result on everyone else, so he could get away with the CC. LCPL was actually there before hammer, and reasonably, someone in their third game should know this: Cop > Tracker.
If he was Tracker, he should've realized that he'd be safe to CC, and get Scum!Dojaj hanged. He didn't though.
On the other hand, if he was scum trying to gambit CC, he could've gotten both TPRs killed off for himself. Dojaj gets hanged because LCPL CC'd, and then you kill off RC, however, someone with a smart scum-buddy would say not to do this. Why? Because even though both TPRs are down, it's an automatic lynch the next day, and it puts scum into a 5v1, a very unfavorable position for the scum-team. If Scum!LCPL waited to let someone else get hanged, then CC the next day to then get Tracker!Dojaj hanged, that puts Town into automatic LyLo on D4, (2v1), which is much more favorable for scum.

Looking at this logic, it makes much more sense who the scumteam is.
Two town are certainly in: {Myself, Flavor}.
The lynch today automatically confirms one player as town, the other as scum.
One scum must be within: {Dojaj, LCPL}.
Since that's a play I don't think two newbies would actually think of, that means that FF has to be scum here, and that he pocketed me early on.

TL;DR
I think LCPL is gambitting and his buddy is FF, who pocketed me early on.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:22 am

Post by dojaj »

In post 665, Lamees wrote:
In post 624, dojaj wrote:Hmmmm VOTE: formerfish
Reason?
He was attacking me without solid evidence at first so it felt like scum vibes cuz it’s like he was just trying to get rid of me and pushed me to the edge of having to say my true identity
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I do think it was a strong move to try and counter PR Dojaj. It was the last chance they had really to try and mislynch Dojaj before his actual conftown self would come out, and that would just be annoying for them, especially after Dojaj had voted Fish.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Glad we’re on the same page, Korina.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”