Newbie 1892 | Stuff I found online V | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Korina »

In post 667, Flavor Leaf wrote:Also, worst case scenario that we’re wrong on LCPL gambiting, we got Dojaj dead tomorrow :shrug:
That's my thing, no matter who we lynch today, we have the other one confirmed. That's why I'm so against lynching elsewhere.
In post 668, Flavor Leaf wrote:Best case scenario, they’re forced to kill Dojaj or risk getting guiltied
Yea, scum is forced to kill Dojaj if LCPL flips red.
In post 669, Flavor Leaf wrote:There’s no reason for Korina to flip flop on a partner either way really, but i guess that’s a WIFOM reason of why he would? Idk. I’m just town reading Korina, and I feel I don’t need to explain it much more. Everyone sees that. We’ll figure out if we’re wrong.
I'm currently playing against my own scum-meta.
Please read #431, namely the second point, for my breakdown of my scummeta.
Really, the only player I could be partners with is Ceejay, (and that's only because they've been lurking), which would mean that LCPL is throwing the game if that's the case.
In addition to that, I lurk out as scum. I haven't lurked out in this game at all.
I'm extremely awkward as scum, and in a game with day-talk, that'd only be amplified.
In post 670, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m actually ready to end this day. It’s just going to be a bunch of WIFOM back and forth between Jones and Dojaj sides, and the lynch should definitely not be outside of those two.

I just think it’s the safer, and more likely to be scum, play to go Jones over Dojaj here.

ScumDojaj doesn’t get out of this no matter what. Jones can likely potentially wiggle himself out.

That’s weak reasoning, but I already explained why I want Jones over Dojaj. This weak reasoning is just some sprinkles on top of the sundae case that i made.
Regardless of whoever gets lynched, we know to lynch the other if they flip green.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Yeah, so typical counter claim actions.

I mean, if you’re scum, you’re scum with one of Dojaj/Jones, not ceej, as is the case for everyone bar Dojaj fake claiming Tracker as town, which I don’t believe happened based on his reaction towards Jones.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:46 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 648, dojaj wrote:
In post 638, LCpl Jones wrote:There's a very good reason why dojaj isn't claiming who he tracked and that's because he isn't a tracker at all. That's because... I am the tracker. I tracked Flavor Leaf and saw that he did not target anyone.
Ok so you’re only claiming now lol ok it’s very obvious you’re just trying to do this to make it seem like I’m lying. A game can’t always have a tracker in it I’m not so dumb that I’d gamble when there is a possibility that there is actually a tracker. I would onlyl say I’m tracker cuz I am.
I tracked FL and he didn’t do anything
I hesitate to bait out mafia but this move you just pulled
You’re so caught my instincts when I first state are now validated like this is clean cut obvious
VOTE: LCpl Jones
First up, if you are town and lying your play is very, horribly anti town. By not only falseclaiming a power role but actively pushing your claim when found out you stand to get a second power role dead which will likely lose the game. Even if you do not survive, you will still win the game if town wins, if you are indeed town. Your survival is not as important as you doing the right thing here. Your choice.

Second up, if you are scum, as you almost certainly must be, that was an impressive backup of your claim, but not quite good enough. I highly doubt we both "happened" to choose FL (15% random chance) and saw no result - by claiming that you posted something you knew to be true because I posted it making it a riskless claim. That in effect makes it more likely your claim is false as it must be, or else plotinus got really, really mixed up when he was sending out the roles. :lol:

Now for the rest of you,

From my perspective we had a claimed cop, fakeclaimed tracker. I believed that who he claimed he tracked would quite possibly be the partner, because I believed he would think it a lower risk than claiming someone he knew was town. Obviously this is now moot because he copied my claim which he knows is true. Furthermore, he would be an easy day 2 scum lynch and with the perspective of my result on FL (who I did think could have been the partner apart from malakittens who honestly was the only other person in any way on any potential scum list of mine since the rest of you were in essence cleared to me.) I could have possibly found both scum. I might have been right or wrong, but that was my thought process.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 643, LCpl Jones wrote:
In post 640, Korina wrote:@LCPL why didn't you claim earlier?
Why would I want to claim earlier and potentially die night 1?
After the cop claimed you had every chance to come out and say that dojaj was lying. You would have lived til today and we could have avoided a mislynch yesterday by you ccing a pr claim. It would have come down to you and dojaj.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 648, dojaj wrote:
In post 638, LCpl Jones wrote:There's a very good reason why dojaj isn't claiming who he tracked and that's because he isn't a tracker at all. That's because... I am the tracker. I tracked Flavor Leaf and saw that he did not target anyone.
Ok so you’re only claiming now lol ok it’s very obvious you’re just trying to do this to make it seem like I’m lying.
A game can’t always have a tracker in it I’m not so dumb that I’d gamble when there is a possibility that there is actually a tracker.
I would onlyl say I’m tracker cuz I am.
I tracked FL and he didn’t do anything
I hesitate to bait out mafia but this move you just pulled
You’re so caught my instincts when I first state are now validated like this is clean cut obvious
VOTE: LCpl Jones
The bolded is an excellent point. He made his claim before RC claimed cop and there was no way that dojaj would know at that point what the town prs would be even if he was scum and knew what row there were working with.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 651, Flavor Leaf wrote:Thinking, thinking...

I think LCPL May be pulling a scum gambit.
He is. I can prove it.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 657, Flavor Leaf wrote:Right now, I’m feeling like Fish is the partner, but I’m not certain.
I wouldnt have either dojaj or lcpc pull this as their partner. I literally just foiled this exact scum gambit the same way that I am going to prove it here. I guess you could say im doing to for towncred, but ::shrug::
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 681, Formerfish wrote:
In post 657, Flavor Leaf wrote:Right now, I’m feeling like Fish is the partner, but I’m not certain.
I wouldnt have either dojaj or lcpc pull this as their partner. I literally just foiled this exact scum gambit the same way that I am going to prove it here. I guess you could say im doing to for towncred, but ::shrug::
The game where this exact thing happened.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by Formerfish »

dojaj was the first to claim. If he is scum then he would have been making an educated guess as to what the real role would be. This is a strong indication that he is telling the truth with his claim. The odds that scum was able to pick the correct pr that was kept hidden as their fake claim is astronomically high. After dojaj claimed we got the cop claim from rc. At this point any real pr would have cced and would have gladiated it out on day 1 with the cc. That didnt happen here.

LCPL is running a last ditch gambit that I would have never let him run. If anything I would have told him to claim another role that worked with the cop and have him say that he didnt say anything before because he wanted to see what dojaj said he did for his "action" first.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I dont know why you guys are getting paranoid now. This is literally what RC said would happen. We lynch LCPL today and we regroup tomorrow.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 677, LCpl Jones wrote:I highly doubt we both "happened" to choose FL (15% random chance) and saw no result
RC literally said to have the prs on flavor leaf for overlap.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Lamees »

In post 685, Formerfish wrote:
In post 677, LCpl Jones wrote:I highly doubt we both "happened" to choose FL (15% random chance) and saw no result
Which is why it's bothering me that FL being track cleared confirms anything. It actually is useless. Because the scum role that comes with cop/tracker is rolecop. With the two town PRs out, there was really no need to use the role cop night action as mafia.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Formerfish »

It doesnt confirm anything. The fact that he is saying it does is concerning when he is seemingly doing it in tandem with calling me the only clear scum partner. Lam if its not you, then its probably Flavor Leaf. He knows Im a strong player and really the only one left after Mala, RC and himself, so of course he comes in here and starts in on me. All he needs is a few people to dupe and he rides my mislynch into endgame.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Scum literally knew that the nonFL member should do the killing. Even if dojaj went off script he had a, what, 1 in 6 chance of hitting right?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 687, Formerfish wrote:It doesnt confirm anything. The fact that he is saying it does is concerning when he is seemingly doing it in tandem with calling me the only clear scum partner. Lam if its not you, then its probably Flavor Leaf. He knows Im a strong player and really the only one left after Mala, RC and himself, so of course he comes in here and starts in on me. All he needs is a few people to dupe and he rides my mislynch into endgame.
I guess it’s specifically I was scum with Dojaj.

But if LCPL is scum, like, I’m town anyways at this point. :lol:

I think you posted well. It’s very townie. I’m not sure if it makes you town, and you’re just saving face by bussing a partner now, but either way, well played.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I didn’t start on you, I started on Jones. I didn’t bring up anything in regards to you except you being the most likely Jones partner, which other people have agreed upon.

I’ve even talked about the potential of Korina being that scum if I’m wrong, so that’s a misrep.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 686, Lamees wrote:
In post 685, Formerfish wrote:
Which is why it's bothering me that FL being track cleared confirms anything. It actually is useless. Because the scum role that comes with cop/tracker is rolecop. With the two town PRs out, there was really no need to use the role cop night action as mafia.
This isn’t true if Dojaj is scum, though. Because the PR would still be out here.

I’ve said this.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

But basically, Fish is stating I’m scum with Jones now.

Alright, solid. Let’s all vote Jones then.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Lamees »

Ok I am going with lcpl/ceejay pair. Thoughts?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 684, Formerfish wrote:I dont know why you guys are getting paranoid now. This is literally what RC said would happen. We lynch LCPL today and we regroup tomorrow.
Who’s getting paranoid? For the most part, i feel the general consensus is Jones scum.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Lamees »

Tbh RC was tunneling way too much on FL to even be taken seriously.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 693, Lamees wrote:Ok I am going with lcpl/ceejay pair. Thoughts?
Could be. I feel like Fish has a strong chance of just busing Jones here hard for town cred, though, but he could actually be town too. :lol:
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 695, Lamees wrote:Tbh RC was tunneling way too much on FL to even be taken seriously.
I got 5+ games this year alone where this happened. :lol:
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 683, Formerfish wrote:LCPL is running a last ditch gambit that I would have never let him run. If anything I would have told him to claim another role that worked with the cop and have him say that he didnt say anything before because he wanted to see what dojaj said he did for his "action" first.
This is a fair point.

I don’t see Fishy as a high gambit type of player.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 694, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 684, Formerfish wrote:I dont know why you guys are getting paranoid now. This is literally what RC said would happen. We lynch LCPL today and we regroup tomorrow.
Who’s getting paranoid? For the most part, i feel the general consensus is Jones scum.
You and kor are both sipping on some tainted Kool aid.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”