Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

In post 1500, Flicker wrote:I'm a Town Priest (probably Shepard Book). At least if I die first, it sort of fits narratively, plus my role's "power" is slightly burdensome for town. I was trying to breadcrumb with my emoji choice, but I guess nerd to books to Book isn't that straight-forward.

If you'd like, I can prove my role by trying (and failing) to hammer myself? Normally I wouldn't even gesture toward a self-voting because it's so anti-town, but it genuinely won't do a thing in this case. I checked with the mod, there's no repercussions for trying, either.
I knew my read on you was correct.

\o/

~ Nancy
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:51 pm

In post 1501, Flicker wrote:As far as my vote on Chara, it was getting a little boring trying to pressure someone who seems immune to it, and that series of posts really did ping me as off. Was it a reach to scumread Chara for it? Maybe.

I definitely still think either Nico or TPFKAP would be a decent lynch today. I also wasn't defending TPFKAP, FTR, I was just objecting to Thor trying to steer me away from voting Nico using what I saw as an unfair characterization of TPFKAP's actions, that's all.

UNVOTE: until I check the votes to see which of Nico/TPFKAP is ahead.
I don’t know how to read Nico here but she placed an RSV vote on RR based on being salty about a past game. She has neither unvoted that slot nor offered a current game-related reason for why she has not unvoted it yet.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:56 pm

In post 1505, Elsa Jay wrote:If you beleive it Tor, we'd like to confirm it's true. Your vote now lets her prove herself as Priest with the non Self-Hammer.

Vote her to confirm her. Any unvotes on her is scum who dont want her to prove her role.
Seriously, who makes up priest? I hadn’t even heard of that role before her claim?

Not opposed but doubt she’s lying about that.

~N

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:01 pm

In post 1510, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1508, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1505, Elsa Jay wrote:If you beleive it Tor, we'd like to confirm it's true. Your vote now lets her prove herself as Priest with the non Self-Hammer.

Vote her to confirm her. Any unvotes on her is scum who dont want her to prove her role.
she is of course telling the truth about her role ability

this won't prove her alignment either way

and no, I'd rather not waste everyone's time on this.

-tor
Scummy in the sense that your not letting a townie confirm herself, Tora.

Thor, help Flicker prove her claim. Vote to let her try to self-Hammer.
The link she posted said that either or vote wouldn’t count or she could get modkilled - I have no idea why but I’d absolutely insist on us getting mod confirmation of that - that she is at 0 risk for being modkilled.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:06 pm

In post 1516, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1509, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:we talked, your opinions are Smurf, IDK how to parse you out and you're confusing me with my hydra partner and not making sense
So now you claim you don't know how to read me when before you were claiming my comments proved I was scum?
Magical.
And I'm sorry for "confusing" you with your hydra partner who made up meta on me and you apparently are down with her ducking explaining that while letting her advance that little gem into the discussion :roll:
Also, we didn't talk. i talked, you loudly proclaimed me as scum and then started running silent. Even your answer here shows an awareness that you're lying because now you're coming up with this "IDK how to parse Thor" spiel to justify how you weren't interacting with me. Don't spit on my head and tell me it's raining.
In post 1510, Elsa Jay wrote:Thor, help Flicker prove her claim. Vote to let her try to self-Hammer.
Let's say we 100% prove Flicker is a Priest?
What does that get us exactly alignment wise?
PEDIT - apparently your goal is to create an IC. Having lack of ability to hammer oneself doesn't make one an IC - but if you feel this way feel free to protect Flicker. I decided not to vote him prior to the claim, and I don't vote town reads because that's not how the game is played.
In post 1512, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:"flicker's claim is early enough to be "meh"" from thor is all kinds of puke
Fascinating.
Why?
Why do you continue to perpetuate this nonsence - that I made up some meta nonsense on you or whatever? How is that even possible? I know for a fact that we’ve. ever even played together before - unless you’re some alt that I’m not recognizing for some reason?

~N

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:11 pm

In post 1530, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1521, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1517, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:you're being a lot more forceful and a very Smurf which is different than the towngames you played with me. IDK if that makes you scum and I said a couple of times I'm not in position to parse you out because my experience with you is limited. this is the first time you make me cringe in a game though, and you're doing it a lot.

-tor
I'm being more forceful than my town play? :lol:
How do you define forceful?
In post 1519, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1516, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1512, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:"flicker's claim is early enough to be "meh"" from thor is all kinds of puke
Fascinating.
Why?
just how is it "meh"?

-tor
Because it robbed town of getting complete wagon info and hammer intent to mine.
How is my opinion "puke"?
You ducked that question really hard.
Thor, unfortunately every wagon this game while you're alive is going to be robbed of that info, because you entered the game seemingly eager to quickhammer someone. I will *never* put someone at L-1 without being okay with them getting lynched without even getting to claim because of that. There will always be similar concern that we not only have to worry about scum lolhammering and trying to get away with it, but also someone of unknown alignnment who has publicly expressed an interest in doing that.

-Cerb
I’d seriously nominate you for admin on MU. I recrently got mislynched on there for losing a tied 3 vote rand, where a player put on me about less than a minute before EOD. :facepalm:

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:18 pm

In post 1547, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1539, Chickadee wrote:Not interested in a Flicker lynch anymore.

I don't think it's vital to test it, because it doesn't give us anything alignment wise, but I won't unvote before I know who I want to vote next, just in case ya'll reach a consensus on this.

I wouldn't mind a Porkens lynch.

I'm off for now. I'll be around later though.
it's not only not vital to test it, but once you get there that it gives us nothing alignment wise, it's completely unnecessary to do so. only elsa wants it and your opinion seems like mirroring everyone that thinks we don't need to bother.

you don't know who to vote instead but you'd lynch porkens, so maybe switch to porkens?

-tor

pedit: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1. I'm not saying I can sort you. I'm using the games I played with you to say this is different cause your posting here sucks.
2. porkens isn't appearing active at all. and yes I checked his ISO.
3. viewtopic.php?t=73273&f=53&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go read your own d1 here.

pedit: IDK you're making a joke. it looks like you're shading flicker. @chara
I hate to contradict my hydra partner on this but I disagree.

~ Nancy

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:30 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1671, BuJaber wrote:Intersect: {Toog, Cheeky, RC/Chara, Elsa}

Definitely scum among the intersect.
No pretty sure there's no scum in this intersect...
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:44 am

In post 1566, Toogeloo wrote:Chara and flicker scum team and their Gambit failed?
What? Nah, I think they’re both town.

~Nancy

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:04 am

In post 1620, NicoRobin wrote:Evening.
Are you ever planning to give an in-game reason for you not yet unchanged RR RVS vote?

~N

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:09 am

In post 1634, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1633, Elsa Jay wrote:Wrong account Tora.

And are you scum reading me now because I disagreed with you? Sad face.
I don't mean your placement in it, just the entire reads list would look better upside down

although you're confirmed not town so being on the top of the reads list is accidentally a good tell on how bad it (probably) is
I agree with the top 5 and Flicker anyway.

How we fall below Pork and Nico is very amusing.

~N

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:14 am

In post 1635, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:Toogeloo
Chara
Chickadee
Skygazer

none of these people are towny
:o

~ Nancy

Sky and especially Chick are townie. Probably Chara too. I thought we were in sync here. :/

~ Nancy

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:22 am

In post 1650, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1648, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:I haven't read this game in ages
The mythical Nancy reammerges! I think...

Nancy, save your other Hydra. He's picking fights he might not win.
EJ, that’s Tora. He keeps forgetting to sign his damn posts. :/

I’m not sure what you mean here?

I obviously don’t agree with Jingle list either but Chick is blatantly obvtown, so no clue what Tora is thinking. \_0_/

~Nancy

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:23 am

In post 1651, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:VOTE: malakittens

ok

pedit: that's still me elsa
Tora, talk to me. Kthanx.

~N

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:26 am

In post 1662, Jingle wrote:
In post 1654, CheekyTeeky wrote:I miss RC :/
I mean I love Chara too but both would've been nice.
Sad to say, I'd probably not be here either. I don't play nicely with RC, so I find it's best I avoid games he's in. I was following along with the intention of offering to replace in when/if he was nightkilled.
Poor RC. :(

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:28 am

In post 1667, ruru wrote:Sorry, correction:

votecountWith 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

BuJaber (4):
McMenno (881),Jingle (1594),Toogeloo (1598),Chickadee (1607),
Flicker (3):
northsidegal (153),Reasonably Rational (1459),BuJaber (1489),
TPFKAP (3):
Thor665 (1275),Flicker (1502),Gamma Emerald (1595),
NicoRobin (2):
Malakittens (1191),TPFKAP (1274),
Reasonably Rational (1):
NicoRobin (473),
northsidegal (1):
CheekyTeeky (1631),
Malakittens (1):
Nancy Drew Shogunate (1651),
Not voting (2):
Chara (1616),Elsa Jay (1623),

(expired on 2018-10-16 02:00:00) remain.
Tora, why are we voting Mala over Nico?

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 am

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1546, Reasonably Rational wrote:Thor, do you expect Cheeky to be aware of 3? If so, what are your thoughts on them assigning a town read to you based on that behavior?
As far as I'm aware they're assigning a town read to me based off fluidity of reads, not aggressiveness unless you're equating the two?
Cheeky has certainly seen me as aggressive town in recent memory, so I would expect him to be aware that I play town aggressively, I'm not sure how aware he is of it as a long term or short term playstyle.
In post 1547, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:1. I'm not saying I can sort you. I'm using the games I played with you to say this is different cause your posting here sucks.
2. porkens isn't appearing active at all. and yes I checked his ISO.
3. viewtopic.php?t=73273&f=53&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go read your own d1 here.
1. I agree you are generically claiming all my posting here is different from how I normally play town while also claiming you can't sort me (whereas what you're saying *sounds* like you should be screaming that I'm scum and trying to get my lynched) I also find that choice to be scummy on your part and valid proof of my claim you're avoiding me.

2. I agree he isn't active now, that doesn't mean he hasn't, at the time I cited him for active lurking, been active. I haven't called his lurking evidence he is scum or town, only his active lurking. Learn2play?

3. Okay, so it's totally different but you need me to self-meta myself? On a skim I see myself walling, defending people who develop fast and aggressive reads, accusing people of wasting air, calling plans derp, and mocking you for being daft enough to have me as a scum read when basic logic suggests you shouldn't have.

Looks like my usual town play, which is how I would also describe my play this game.
In post 1577, Chara wrote:Thor's another slot i'm interested in.
offhandedly: knowing that Rational is a poster who rarely gives reads, especially day 1, and is both a highly mechanical and methodical player, and one who likes talking about flavour and theory, why is the description "spending a lot of effort to say nothing" a scummy one? assuming he's aware of that fact, and it's possible he isn't because it seems he hasn't read much of the thread.

there's pribably other things, i just don't find him towny.
Spending a lot of effort to say nothing is different from theory talk and flavor talk.
Also, RC was fine giving reads this game, very hard and very fast ones.
In post 1604, Jingle wrote:I done did some digging, and this is not the extent of what I'd expect from town NR.

Look at Blazblue. NR was useless in the thread, but useless more along the lines of TPFKAP here, not the same degree of useless as NR here. Moreover, she was actively gamesolving and obvtowning in her neighborhood. Posting well, in fact.

Further a casual look told me she is lurkery, but not apt to literally doing nothing. I would fully expect a level of engagement like the Porkens slot, not a complete lack of everything ever.
My digging was just looking at Nico's posting concurrent with this game.
She is derp failing in all conversations pretty much across the forum so I'm not sure why that would make her more likely to be scum here.
I'm fine with scumspecting the slot, it's a garbage fire of a slot, but I just don't think the poor posting is singularly scummy at this point in time - it's a general lurk case.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:29 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Nico's lurkness is NAI. She does it as both alignments ime. There's Be Yourself Mafia as an example of her lurking as town in a way that's similar to this game.

NSG is 3p in this game too with similar activity levels to this game - active early, tunneling, tapering off.

There's also a sample of my scum meta in it which will make any doubters lol at themselves for thinking I'm scum here.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:37 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1694, CheekyTeeky wrote:-snip-

NSG is 3p in this game too with similar activity levels to this game - active early, tunneling, tapering off.

There's also a sample of my scum meta in it which will make any doubters lol at themselves for thinking I'm scum here.
I mean, I've done it with Toog because I thought he was so focused on me as a Lyncher, but that's just me.

Awfully weird to specifically call out her as a 3p though. I dont think anyone was 3p hunting either, which makes this super townie as well, but any other reason she could be 3p besides the activity thing? Any specific phrasing from her ticked that niche?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1695, Elsa Jay wrote:Awfully weird to specifically call out her as a 3p though. I dont think anyone was 3p hunting either, which makes this super townie as well, but any other reason she could be 3p besides the activity thing?
I only realised she could be 3p on remembering that game I linked - yeah it's based on a similar activity/tunnel pattern. The key point is that she wasn't town though.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:52 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well you brought up an excellent point of discussion I tried to do before.

Do you think there's 2 smaller scum teams and 3ps, or a big "main" group and like 2-4 3ps?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:52 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Which leads me to expand on why Tor townreading you (Elsa) early was scummy.

From a scum POV as far as he's concerned you're not on his team so the first assumption is that you're town. I already laid out my reasons early game about why it was difficult to see you as towny. In Be Yourself Mafia I was scum and NSG was 3p so although people who read her consistently well were scumreading her, I was biased to see her as townie because I knew she wasn't scum. I feel like that's pretty much exactly what happened to produce Tor's early townread on you.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:54 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1697, Elsa Jay wrote:Well you brought up an excellent point of discussion I tried to do before.

Do you think there's 2 smaller scum teams and 3ps, or a big "main" group and like 2-4 3ps?
I think that if there is more than one scum faction (meaning idk at this point), then it's likely they don't know about each other.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”