BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Performer- I townread skitter because of a combination of meta (she is posting a lot while maintaining her vague confused, and nullish stances) her meta is actually infuriating and allows her to safely coast as scum but she's pretty much correct about her meta from what I've seen.
Also there are a few fourth wall breaking reasons to TR her, like the fact that she, in the mafia thread of pyp x/y implied that she is scum in 2 games. That one and some other game that isn't this. That post was made after this game starts. I can see her fooling us by imitating her town meta, but I don't see her fooling herself or forgetting she's scum in this game.

Her saying she would have killed ruru by now is kinda bs if you ask me because it's only day 3 in a setup with an IC and possible PRs and ruru's play, especially with a strong townread on her would not have justified an NK. But I do absolutely believe that she would not keep ruru alive until endgame if she were scum.

VOTE: Enigma

Ruru and Alonzo prove their towniness by getting killed..

That leaves {ele, performer} as last scum.

I highly doubt Korina is scum here.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Like if Alonzo doesn't get killed he is 100% scum here.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 2725, BuJaber wrote:VOTE: Enigma
That leaves {ele, performer} as last scum.
:thinking:
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by ruru »

oh maybe that's not what I thought it meant.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 2728, ruru wrote:oh maybe that's not what I thought it meant.
:igmeou:
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:42 am

Post by Korina »

In post 2726, BuJaber wrote:Like if Alonzo doesn't get killed he is 100% scum here.
Do you mean Ruru?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:17 am

Post by BuJaber »

Technically both but like no scum would target ruru herself she would only die if alonzo is town.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:28 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 2684, Performer wrote:If I understand correctly - Buj why do you have sr on irrelephant, and why do you tr skitter - she has you & irrelephant as scum.

irrelephant you have skitter as tr and she has you & buj as scum though. Interesting.
Why is this interesting? I townread people who I think are wrong all the time
In post 2687, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2674, Irrelephant11 wrote:I disagree there's cog-diss there. It's the same feeling of paranoia I had about you that then moved to Korina. I'm not actually scumreading either of you I just feel like BuJ/Performer is a little too easy and am wondering who I got wrong
my point is more that you're telling me you're getting paranoid of me for not having any major scumreads and then proceed to say that your scumreads are all getting townier and you're wondering where you went wrong

-snip-
This is actually a really fair point
Alright you can be solidly town again
In post 2688, Performer wrote:I'm starting to wonder if the remaining scum are a certain pair in here.
do tell
Spoiler: lol
In post 2692, ruru wrote:I didn't use my ability either night

I don't value creature's life over my own
lol
In post 2694, Performer wrote:
In post 2691, Korina wrote:
In post 2690, ruru wrote:I'm bodyguard lol
And yet you weren't on Creature last night...?
Also, mind telling us who you were on then?
Interestingly, why would she have been on creature? I didn't see he claimed anything on a quick ISO skim.
lol
In post 2696, ruru wrote:
In post 2693, Performer wrote:so tonight what will you do then??
Likely die
lollllll
In post 2698, skitter30 wrote:ok so they took one mod; i'd guess it's recruit traitor or daytalk
...lol
In post 2705, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2692, ruru wrote:I didn't use my ability either night

I don't value creature's life over my own
ok so this is kinda scummy

but a thought-process i can see town!you having

and you probs die tonight anyways so it's not super worth worrying about imo
lol!
In post 2706, skitter30 wrote:i roll vt an insane amount and this is how i end up in lylo most of the time
lol
In post 2708, skitter30 wrote:
so i'm just going to treat ruru and alonzo as for now town; ruru prob gets nk'd tonight either by play or by protecting alonzo; i'll worry about alonzo after that i think

i'm town

so two scum in {enigma/performer/irrel/bujaber/vex}

going to go here i think for now

VOTE: bujaber
Agree with bolded
Actually, I think I agree with all of it
In post 2712, Korina wrote:I'll save you time on #2: I said that it was unlikely for scum to take all three, however, I thought they'd have certainly taken two: Daytalk and {JOAT, Rolecop}.

Here's the quotes that were relevant:
In post 43, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 41, Enigma wrote:Actually thanks vex that’s quite useful. I was too lazy to look myself, partly because of what you mentioned about mods not flipping on post 0.

What’s interesting is that it’s 15 games, so from glance of numbers the average no of mods per game is quite low.
roughly about 1.2 mods/game
which is quite interesting in general
if im scum id wanna take around two mods not one
In post 33, Vex Vience wrote:i think scum were very likely to take:
daytalk, joat and rolecop if they took three
i don't think they did, and
im 100% sure they did take daytalk
meaning for me its between {joat/rc} for scum second mod
@Korina why were you so sure scum took daytalk? I don't think many players would choose it (though skitter and I would, for example), but also didn't your analysis of most-commonly-chosen mods reveal daytalk was one of the least common?
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:18 am

Post by Korina »

IMO, daytalk is incredibly useful. Sure, it gives town an extra PR, however, it allows scum to coordinate so much better that it basically makes up for the extra PR they would've given Town, assuming both scum could utilize it effectively.
Also BP/Daytalk were the least picked. A total of 0 games had that as a chosen modifier.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:40 am

Post by Alonzo »

Scum! Ruru could easily claim bg safe in the knowledge I can't rb her tonight.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:50 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

oh interesting
that you thought of that makes me believe your claim more strongly

did either of you provide crumbs?

Also @ruru did you respond to my question about how you read me/tw interactions post-claim yet?
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:02 am

Post by ruru »

I don't crumb, but there's this if you want to try to read into it:
In post 940, ruru wrote:this game feels like a loss.
In post 945, ruru wrote:It's semi-mountainous and creatue rolling ic is negative utility because he'd probably be doing more if he was just vt
my mindset was different from other players' because I knew we probably had 0-1 useful prs
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:11 am

Post by ruru »

In post 2735, Irrelephant11 wrote:Also @ruru did you respond to my question about how you read me/tw interactions post-claim yet?
honestly the worst's slot is so bizarre that I have no useful comment on those interactions

at the time it felt like you might be softing pr by scumreading him and so I thought he was rolefishing, but I don't particularly think you scumreading him there and then claiming vt makes you much more likely to be scum
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:13 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Okay

Agreed on his slot being real weird at this point
Also I'm unsure what to do about scumreading BuJ/Performer but BuJ lining up Performer to be the lynch after enigma
Probably I shouldn't read into it that much since I find BuJ scummy in a vacuum, not just in a partner-y way
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:18 am

Post by ruru »

I still kinda think performer is traitor if not town so bujaber wouldn't necessarily have partner tells anyway

I just don't really see a world where tw quits mafia sitewide over a scumread on scum.him though
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I don't mean to argue that that's definitely not what happened (and in fact over time it seems your interpretation is more likely than I thought)
I just don't think we can know for sure that's what happened/use it as a trust tell (especially since "oh he wouldn't want to break the rules, therefore trust tell" would also be breaking the rules)

Earlier this game I did think he was town pretty hard from catching up and reading his ISO but his softclaim was scummy as was the way he subtly took BuJ's advice to scumread you
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

eh I think I probably still believe both claims, despite the "convenience" of the bg claim
My PoE is at {enigma, BuJ, Performer} and the only confusing thing there is that it seems enigma and BuJaber have the same PoE's as me....
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:31 am

Post by ruru »

I somewhat scumread the softclaim because I think it benefits scum.him more than town.him in this particular gamestate but in a general sense softing pr to draw the nk is something he would do as town and I think other things were much more scum-indicative for him
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:52 am

Post by ruru »

also I don't think it's against the rules to siteflake as either alignment? and I don't feel like he
actually
trust told or that that method of reading his slot is any more shady than, say, ellitell; I'm just calling it that for convenience

like I think it's a case of what penguin would call "having knowledge of a player's meta": everyone likes to win, but I don't think tw as a person would intentionally decrease the quality of all his games for the other players in them by siteflaking for the purpose of towntelling in this game, which means his outrage was probably genuine, which means he's probably town

I've carefully written this post in a way that I hope doesn't break site rules but anyway that's how I feel about it. it's not a simple case of "tw wouldn't tactically replace as scum".

I would still feel a lot better if I had independently good reasons to tr performer
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2715, Korina wrote:The only scum-modifier that was reasonably taken if it is one modifier is JOAT.
i kinda disagree; i think that the only pr i'd take if i was only taking one is recruit traitor
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:36 am

Post by ofrhz »

VOTE COUNT 3.10
Alonzo (0):

Performer (0):

ruru (0):

BuJaber (2):
Irrelephant11, skitter30
Enigma (2):
Performer, BuJaber
Irrelephant11 (0):

skitter30 (0):

Korina (0):

No Kill (0):

Not Voting (4):
Alonzo, Enigma, Korina, ruru

With
alive, it takes
to kill.
Day 3 ends in (expired on 2018-10-16 07:30:00)

Other:

- skitter30 V/LA Fridays and Saturdays
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Alonzo »

vote:Bu

L1
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Korina »

No, recruit traitor is bad.
Really bad.

That means there's a 50% chance of there being a GC, and then the GC has a 25% of getting a guilty.
It's not worth taking the extra chance of there being Goon Cop, and on top of that, the extra guilty unless you take something else with it.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Alonzo »

L2 even
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2725, BuJaber wrote:Also there are a few fourth wall breaking reasons to TR her, like the fact that she, in the mafia thread of pyp x/y implied that she is scum in 2 games. That one and some other game that isn't this. That post was made after this game starts. I can see her fooling us by imitating her town meta, but I don't see her fooling herself or forgetting she's scum in this game.

Her saying she would have killed ruru by now is kinda bs if you ask me because it's only day 3 in a setup with an IC and possible PRs and ruru's play, especially with a strong townread on her would not have justified an NK. But I do absolutely believe that she would not keep ruru alive until endgame if she were scum.
i feel kinda :/ about you using the pyp x|y reasoning to townread me cuz it feels kinda angle-shoot-y. i guess i should have been more careful about that but it's not something i meant to do on purpose

ok, maybe scum!me wouldn't have nk'd her already? i feel like i prob would have n2 but eh maybe i would have done it tonight. def would nk her before endgame; i'd be very nervous about trying to keep the pocket

but i did nk her n1 in pyp x|y first; although tbf that was at least partially motivted by her having first pick in the draft

Return to “Completed Open Games”