Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1733, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1732, Jingle wrote:
In post 1730, McMenno wrote:I'm just saying that saying that "this group of four probably has scum in it" is about as useful as rolling dice.
Assuming 4 scum, there is an ~30% chance of randomly choosing 4 non scum out of 17 players. :nerd:
With the killing mechanics in place, I assume scum have atleast 4 members since they can only lose 2 a cycle like town. That mechanic helps everyone.

I also think it may be 3/4 3p then? That sounds like a stretch but I'm going under the assumption that only 2 3p can die a cycle as well.

4 scum + 3/4 3rd party + 9/10 (over half) townies? That means at the very least, 3p have 2 others in hiding.
There are, at the most, 11 characters that I could see as maybe being "Crew of Serenity". Of those, one is Mr. Universe, who never actually boards the ship and another is "That engineer who is replaced by Kaylee as part of Kaylee's backstory". I'm expecting a lot of 3rd parties, like Mal's wife, the Agent who is a big deal in the movie, Niska, etc. Mafia is probably "The Alliance". SK is probably a Reaver if it exists, possibly the agent I just mentioned. Blue Sun and Reavers would also be potential secondary scumteams, flavor wise. It would be weird for Blue Sun to be more than a two person, given "2 by 2, hands of blue." and all that jazz.

Now can we stop with the useless setup spec for D1 and reevaluate when we get some scope of how many flips we see each night?
This is a Parachute.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well we can get some flips, as long as we finally pick the most scummy person in the room. You got plenty of picks.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Jingle »

I literally just posted a case.
This is a Parachute.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I got distracted by PORKENS and Thor just now. Let me reread that...

Yeah, all excellent points for BuJabers demise. I'll vote later as like the hammer or something if it gets to that. But can you get everyone to click that spoiler tag and actually read it? Convincing all these personalities to agree with each other when most of them want each other dead will be hard.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Both cases are decent enough - people should pick one.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

If I pick one and they flip town, I guarantee you one of you is gonna blame me and call me "mafia doctor" again. (Looking at you, Toog)

I'm not gonna play the leader here. Already tried that with Flicker and that turned out shit. Thor, lead the town with Jingle or something.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

BuJaber (4):
McMenno (881),Jingle (1594),Toogeloo (1598),Chickadee (1607),
TPFKAP (4):
Thor665 (1275),Flicker (1502),Gamma Emerald (1595),Elsa Jay (1749),
NicoRobin (2):
Malakittens (1191),TPFKAP (1274),
Flicker (2):
northsidegal (153),Reasonably Rational (1459),
Reasonably Rational (1):
NicoRobin (473),
northsidegal (1):
CheekyTeeky (1631),
Malakittens (1):
Nancy Drew Shogunate (1651),
Chara (1):
BuJaber (1671),
Not voting (1):
Chara (1616),

(expired on 2018-10-16 02:00:00) remain.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Chara »

VOTE: BuJaber
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

In post 1701, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 1700, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:Cheeky, when did our slot change from obvtown to nullsscum/scumlean for you?

You are now sr us for pretty much the same reasons that you tr us earlier.

~ Nancy
What reasons do you think I'm scumreading/townreading you for?
After Tora changed to our hydra, you were hardtown reading us, so I’m a little bit confused how you’re viewing Tora’s initial EJ defense as suddenly scummy or at least that’s how it read to me?

My interpretation is that he stuck up for EJ. because he felt that he was being unfairly pushed and I can 100% vouch that Tora genuinely did feel that way and complained about that to in our private chat. He is a very emotional player, who frequently goes with his gut. He was also not happy with what in his opinion, looked like a ganging up on Flicker wagon. That’s why I’ve been trying to get him to view the game mote logically. As you know, we both mindmelded on EJ, Thor and Flicker but not necessarily for the same reasons. I am an extremely logical player and I care far more about what makes sense and whzt does and doesn’t add up. Not that I don’t also have strong emotional reactions - I do but they don’t influence my reads as much.

~Nancy
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Jingle »

Hey, flicker. Feel free to quickhammer whatever wagon hits L-1 first to prove your role.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1530, Reasonably Rational wrote:Thor, unfortunately every wagon this game while you're alive is going to be robbed of that info, because you entered the game seemingly eager to quickhammer someone. I will *never* put someone at L-1 without being okay with them getting lynched without even getting to claim because of that. There will always be similar concern that we not only have to worry about scum lolhammering and trying to get away with it, but also someone of unknown alignnment who has publicly expressed an interest in doing that.
FWIW Thor is a fan of quickwagoning, not lolhammering ime. He (as town) is more than capable of respecting the L-1 -> intent -> claim -> evaluate claim modus operandi. If he chose to hammer preclaim and didn't have a good reason for it, I'd be down to lynch him for BoP.
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Nice case Jingle.

VOTE: BuJaber
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Flicker »

In post 1759, Jingle wrote:Hey, flicker. Feel free to quickhammer whatever wagon hits L-1 first to prove your role.
Okay, sure. Looks like it could be Bujaber, but if TPFKAP starts to edge up, I'd need to unvote first.

(Sorry I haven't said much else since my role claim - I'm swamped with school. I want to re-read the thread, hopefully tomorrow, to see if I can contribute anything else, though.)
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1758, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:After Tora changed to our hydra, you were hardtown reading us, so I’m a little bit confused how you’re viewing Tora’s initial EJ defense as suddenly scummy or at least that’s how it read to me?
I keep flip flopping on the slot. I explained why I thought Tor was scummy early along the lines of "noway anyone townreads Elsa, it's weird that your talking to RC and I like you know we're both town" early game - I just elaborated on that early suspicion with the help of meta when looking at Be Yourself Mafia. I, like Chara, found his posting got better and when he was bragging about reading Elsa correctly after he claimed, I thought this seems outside of Tor's scumrange. Then after RC left he started lurking again which is very much his scum meta, he finds it hard to be motivated as scum and has to be pulled into playing. So although there are aspects of good posting and stances that I thought come outside of his scumrange, overall the town effort and love for solving are missing which outweigh my hesitation to scumread you. That's why I said I wouldn't mind if someone vigged you because I can't sort you which is very frustrating as working with Tor has been very effective for winning in the past.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Chickadee »

I'm ok with what's happening. Ok, going to bed now. Just wanted to say I'm caught up and it has been a freakin day today. I'll be keeping an eye on this though.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1753, Elsa Jay wrote:I got distracted by PORKENS and Thor just now. Let me reread that...

Yeah, all excellent points for BuJabers demise. I'll vote later as like the hammer or something if it gets to that. But can you get everyone to click that spoiler tag and actually read it? Convincing all these personalities to agree with each other when most of them want each other dead will be hard.
I thought TPFKAP and Porkens were separate people
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

In post 1753, Elsa Jay wrote:I got distracted by PORKENS and Thor just now. Let me reread that...

SCUM SCUM SCUM
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

In post 1743, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1742, Toogeloo wrote:Scum is the combined anti town element.
Mafia is a team.
That's one way to say it, but I meant the team's actual name in the flavor. And aren't Scum/Mafia/Werewolf usually used interchangeably when they apply?

Does anyone know the name of the flavor of 'Mafia' we're dealing with?
SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

In post 1765, Gamma Emerald wrote:

I thought TPFKAP and Porkens were separate people

oink
:oops:
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

WHY HAS NO ONE BEEN KICKED INTO A JET ENGINE YET?! SLACKERS!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1769, TPFKAP wrote:WHY HAS NO ONE BEEN KICKED INTO A JET ENGINE YET?! SLACKERS!
I have a higher post count than you. ME. And yet you have the balls to call everyone else slackers.
Can this die?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

In post 1770, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1769, TPFKAP wrote:WHY HAS NO ONE BEEN KICKED INTO A JET ENGINE YET?! SLACKERS!
I have a higher post count than you. ME. And yet you have the balls to call everyone else slackers.
Can this die?
I called you slackers, not lurkers. Y'all are running your mouths plenty.
TPFKAP
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
TPFKAP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by TPFKAP »

Nice chainsaw tho
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

In post 1763, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 1758, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:After Tora changed to our hydra, you were hardtown reading us, so I’m a little bit confused how you’re viewing Tora’s initial EJ defense as suddenly scummy or at least that’s how it read to me?
I keep flip flopping on the slot. I explained why I thought Tor was scummy early along the lines of "noway anyone townreads Elsa, it's weird that your talking to RC and I like you know we're both town" early game - I just elaborated on that early suspicion with the help of meta when looking at Be Yourself Mafia. I, like Chara, found his posting got better and when he was bragging about reading Elsa correctly after he claimed, I thought this seems outside of Tor's scumrange. Then after RC left he started lurking again which is very much his scum meta, he finds it hard to be motivated as scum and has to be pulled into playing. So although there are aspects of good posting and stances that I thought come outside of his scumrange, overall the town effort and love for solving are missing which outweigh my hesitation to scumread you. That's why I said I wouldn't mind if someone vigged you because I can't sort you which is very frustrating as working with Tor has been very effective for winning in the past.
Okay, fair enough but anyone familiar with MY meta, will tell you I’ll eventually become obvtown, if I haven’t already. Tora has also been going through some rl stuff.
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

You haven't yet Nancy. Hopefully you will.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”