Newbie 1892 | Stuff I found online V | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

Hi all!

I'm Lcpl Jones. As that's a bit hard to write maybe, feel free to abbreviate it to anything you like :D

I've played one game before, this is my new main account.

Let's get going and lynch some scum!
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

VOTE: acrimoniousalpaca for not having an avatar
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:11 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 12, Korina wrote:
HOW DARE YOU VOTE MY SK BUDDY

Is that a role claim of SK? Looks like the mod got confused when sending out the role assignments :lol:

(in case any newer players are wondering, Serial Killer = SK (a player unaligned to either town or mafia) and we definitely don't have one in this game, since its not an open setup.)
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:05 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 23, acrimoniusalpaca wrote:RC on day 1. We are making history ladies and gentlemen.
I'm not aware of this abbreviation? Is it random content or...?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:16 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 28, Flavor Leaf wrote:Now that I've bored you with that giant post, to start the game off, I'd like to ask a few questions to you all in order to engage with everyone.

1. What, if any, experience do you have with Mafia. It's okay if this is your first game ever.
2. Do you have any questions for me to start this game off?
3. Do you have a favorite role or alignment? I personally like playing as a Mafia Goon the best.

1. I played last year on another account, this is my new main account. I only had two games and of that one in Newbie so I was allowed back into the Newbie queue. I've played off-site a bit. I wouldn't call myself food at mafia but maybe semi experienced?
2. No
3. Mmm... Hard to say really. I don't really mind what I am, I just have fun and enjoy the game whatever my alignment :)

Pedit: ah ok! Thanks - not sure if it's used here or not, but I wasn't aware of it.

Btw I don't mind if you call me LCPL, Jones, LJ, anything you like, as long as I can recognize it - my name is maybe a bit long!
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:22 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

Now that I think of it in relation to 3) I remember I was a roleblocker on an off-site game. I definitely enjoyed that game - I was outed d3 by a watcher and between us all we managed to narrow it down to 2 suspects, and we got the last scum. That game was interesting, an X/Y choose your power type, it was fun being a PR and having so many PRs on both sides as it made the game quite enjoyable!
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:25 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

Yep, all votes are done here.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

I think Korina's right there. RVS is a time where you gather information primarily, isn't that moving towards our goal - to find the two scum? So if someone makes a purely random vote, and / or cant be accountable for their vote that's not helping town any. Questioning the motivation behind a vote is however exactly what moves us forward :)

And before you ask, my vote was because an avatar is a good way to keep track of who is saying what without having to squint and read the username :lol:

@xx2008, lamees, was there any reason in particular behind your votes?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:16 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

Kaldridge hasn't been online on-site since "Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:32 pm".
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:29 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 97, dojaj wrote:VOTE: LCpl Jones
This seems a bit out of the blue. Is there any reason for this or "just" RVS?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:18 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that but ok, fair enough. Maybe you mean that I'm a bit "verbose" for lack of a better word? That's my normal playstyle, always has been.

Also, I don't like that you immediiately jump from attacking XX on his Korina push then to me then you agree with XX about Korina. That seems a bit inconsistent, kind of like you're flailing around a bit trying to push a few different people and see what happens. But... that's more of a towntell to me imo in this stage since that's the only way to get info this early.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 122, Korina wrote:[

Do you care to explain why that's townie to you?
I don't really see it as townie, however, I'm struggling to get into words why I exactly find it scummy
Basically, he seems to be sort of pushing a few leads to see if he can get any reaction or extract any information. I can see that as being indicative of town in this stage of rvs / livs but I'd expect better scumhunting later in the game.

However, and make that a however with capital h, o, w, e, v, e, and r, dojaj's actions seem to me more like someone whos trying to appear to be there but not actually doing anything much to contribute apart from some minor pushing of xx and myself. Hmmm posts contribute exactly... nothing to the game! At best they indicate he has read it and is thinking about it which is good. But I'd expect to see more reasoning behind his arguments, not rather vague pushes. This is more like scum trying to appear to be scumhunting than town actually trying to scumhunt in RVS / LIVS [1]

I also
really
don't like where he says 'I know I appear scummy'. To me this is a massive scumtell. Up to this point I hadn't really considered him to be scummy as such, but with everything else, this to me indicates that he is nervous, and that he is being overly defensive to... a single solitary scumread. That infers that he has something to be nervous about - i.e. to me he acts very like a newbie scum. I'm not really explaining this properly, but plesse bear with me, I haven't slept in about 19 hours and I'm dead beat.

And finally, I am a bit concerned that he is not answering Korina's questions in #122. I'd really like to see his answers there.

So all that being said:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dojaj

=======
[1] LIVS = Low Info Voting Stage
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 133, Formerfish wrote:Why you ignoring me dojaj? Dont wanna dance with me?
It looks to me like Korina was pushing dojaj, not you in that post you quoted...? So why ask why dojaj is ignoring
you
, not Korina?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

@Lamees a vote doesn't necessarily mean XX scumreads dojaj surely? I'm interested in why he doesn't specifically scumread him, but I don't see any reason why XX shouldn't vote to apply pressure. Dojaj's reaction can then be used to see if reads need adjusting.

Speaking of reads ...
So far I'm reading dojaj as scum.

With him, I could see XX's actions as bussing him combined with apparent reluctance to scumread him. I don't see any other interactions out of the usual with dojaj. That makes me think maybe one of the lower activity players could be scum with dojaj (all this is quite apart from my actual reads, I'm only thinking about who could be with dojaj if he is in fact scum)

For town reads, I don't really have any firm reads, but on "gut" feeling, I'd put Acrimonious, Former Fish and possibly XX in there. That might surprise you given what I posted earlier -but as I said, I could see him as potentially being scum with dojaj, HOWEVER I don't think that is the case.

For null reads I'd put everyone else except for kalridge and flavor who haven't really posted that much. I'll reserve reads till they get into the game.

@flavor @kalridge any update on when you can get into the game?

There... I think that's all I have to say for now, so goodnight :yawn:
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 157, Formerfish wrote:
In post 142, LCpl Jones wrote:
In post 133, Formerfish wrote:Why you ignoring me dojaj? Dont wanna dance with me?
It looks to me like Korina was pushing dojaj, not you in that post you quoted...? So why ask why dojaj is ignoring
you
, not Korina?
Because I was quoting a post where dojaj responded to a post that was after mine to him. Why are you interested in this?
I was wondering why you were asking him that and quoting something seemingly unrelated, for my own curiosity. I missed your other post - sorry.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:19 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

@braekess950,

correct way to vote is

Code: Select all

[uv][/uv]
[v]plotonius[/v]
or
[b]unvote:[/b]
[b]vote: plotonius[/b]

giving the result:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: plotonius
unvote:

vote: plotonius

votes must use those UNVOTE: and VOTE: tags or alternatively bold tags , or they will not be counted.

(revoting on dojaj)

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dojaj
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:20 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

EBWOP: sorry plotinus, I mispelled your name :lol:
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

V/LA all day today @mod, sorry for being so short notice, unplanned

V/LA noted --P
Last edited by Plotinus on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:28 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 239, dojaj wrote:Soooooo you’re saying you aren’t sure what I am yet wanted everyone to vote against me?? When everyone was agreeing to kaldridhe
Someone is suspicious right now
Lol
VOTE: formerfish
One post here before I go - in forum mafia we only see people's reactions if they want people to see them. Its not like we have a webcam to watch you to see your face and analyze if you are lying like in real mafia :lol:

So basically, its good to use your vote in forum mafia and practically the only way to get information especially this early.
Thus a vote isn't necessarily saying 'this person is scum' - people should vote for the person they find the scummiest if you notice the difference?

Also, on another note, I'm surprised nobody brought up no lynch day 1 yet :lol:
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 289, xx2008 wrote:if dojaj is scum, whoever is defending him the most is his scummate.
Who do you think that could be and why would you think a scum wouldn't bus him (if I understood you right) particularly if they were more experienced and saw him as a liability?

I'm really not seeing any other scumreads just at the moment tbh, either they are acting well or they are one of the lurkers. I'd suspect therefore that one of the less active players may well be mafia - specifically, brae and acri.

@acri, brae, have you anything to add? May I suggest skimming the game thread and seeing what you can pick up off the surface and posting your thoughts? :) that's a good place to start.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

If I recall correctly the only person who is in any way defending dojaj is Flavor Leaf.

Three scenarios:
A) Flavor is going for towncred by not lynching which has the added benefit of keeping his partner alive longer
B) Flavor is keeping his partner alive
C) Flavor is town

I would put C and A roughly equal... I think he'd be experienced enough not to go down B when dojaj to be quite honest is almost certainly a lost cause if he is indeed scum? So lets say he is the least towny of my townreads, also because of slight lack of activity and thus lack of information to go on...

@formerfish, you've played a lot with him before apparently, have you any thoughts on this?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:24 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 301, Korina wrote:Here's my thing though, I'd rather hang the player who's playing anti-town early on
I like this. As far as I'm concerned you are practically confirmed town for now until I see otherwise.

@malakittens, welcome!

Dojaj... Well, his reaction to the wagon feels a lot like flailing, and is primarily ATE (appeal to emotion) by the looks of it. That may be the marks of new!town, but certainly feels a lot more like new!scum. I'm confident in this slot being scum. As for a partner, I still haven't discounted Flavor as bussing him, other than that I'd probably put money on ex-acrimonious' slot.

I'm a little unsure about the difference between your reads on me / koruna and xx/fish @Flavor. Could you maybe elaborate a bit more? I'm maybe a bit dense atm, I need a coffee :lol:

There, I think that's everything caught up...
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:27 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

(It was a doctor, not a tracker ;) )

I think lynching a claimed PR day 1 is probably not the best idea, so I'll UNVOTE: . Now's the time for him to prove his claim (and if there is anyone who could counterclaim PLEASE do not do so yet!)

I think Flavor is making a good point on XX but I still am not entirely convinced in my mind about Flavor so I'll wait and see a bit. We have 2 days left - hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to make my mind up...
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:13 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 338, Formerfish wrote:
A few people are intent on lynching people who aren't active.

I've argued with a bunch of people and have some mad at me.

Someone claimed doctor when they were run up to l-1.

You came in. Here we are.
In post 348, Formerfish wrote: You guys have to learn when to shut up.
I see this as a very clear attempt to draw out a doctor counter claim by mala if he is in fact the doctor, followed by a very aggressive response when he's called out on it. He's done similar things three times now. If he's town undoubtedly he feels rather annoyed at me, Korina, and Lamees who IIRC are the ones that have picked up on his actions - but I've always felt town should be upfront where possible and not have hidden agendas or aims which is what I'm seeing here. I see #338 as attempt to draw out a doctor claim - he
evidently
knew that the claim was tracker, not doctor based on #348, and that seems very scummy to me. The doctor is key to PR's survival, but that only works if they stay hidden.

VOTE: Formerfish
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:29 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 355, Flavor Leaf wrote: I saw it as more of a way to catch out potential uncaught up ScumMalakottens.
In post 357, Korina wrote:
I forgot what I was gonna say on this, but, I didn't see it as anti-town. I saw it as a way to try to catch those not reading off-guard, namely Mala.
I can see where the scum-motive would certainly be, however, I originally saw the claim and didn't think it was anti-town.
If so, I am sorry for spoiling that - I can see what you mean, but I'm sure you can also see where I'm coming from with regards to it being scummy.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

UNVOTE:

meant to do that in the earlier post.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:27 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 368, Formerfish wrote:
I am attempting a number of gambits to figure different things out. Yes, I am getting annoyed that you guys cant stop yourselves from stepping on my dick each time I try one of these.

Little tip, unless something is directed at you it is generally cool if you let the person it is addressed to comment on it first. There is usually a reason that they are being addressed specifically and you could ass end your way into someones investigation stream. If you are unsure if you should ask about something, dont at first. Wait and see what happens. Give it some time to marinate and then if you still have questions later on you are free to ask them.

And its not like I can say to you guys, "hey, im going to do something that I need you not to get involved with because if you do then the person who I am doing this with is going to know that I am just pushing an angle to see how they react and I wanna see that so shhh I hope they wont read this."

This is shit you are going to see in normal games. We might as well expose them to it here so they arent completely caught off guard. I mean, we are showcase players right?
I'll bear that in mind. Thanks for your advice... and I promise I'll try and follow it!

We have 1 day and 15 hours at this point. I'm a little unsure how to proceed - my first inclination would be to simply policy lynch the lurker slot (brae) given the primary suspect I had is a roleclaimed tracker. Another alternative is the no lynch. I would normally not think that's a viable option in any case but are there any thoughts on that?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:17 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 380, Korina wrote:My current lynch pool is: {Lam, Acri, Brae, Mala}
Not lynching: {Dojaj, FF, LCPL, Myself}
If you can convince me on why we should lynch Flavor, I'd consider it.
Why me in the second post and not me in the first post?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:19 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

Ebwop: Sorry, I confused who was posting, thought Lamers posted twice, my bad. Please ignore that.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:22 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

pm

My current lynch pool is: {Brae, Mala, xx, FF, FL}
Not lynching: {Dojaj, Korina, myself}
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:33 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

My current lynch pool is: {Brae, Mala, Lamees, XX, FF, FL} (corrected)

Overall I'm happy to lynch either Malakittens or Brae as a policy lynchbased on the slits activity , preferably the latter as malakittebs is here's noe - am willing to listen to any other suggestions in my lunch pool though.

Sorry, this posting on mobile while on the train isn't working too well what with the carriage going up and down ... Hit the post button by accident.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:23 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 440, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm really tilted you all started voting Lamees before I popped up because I wanted to start that wagon and get the towncred for it but meh. Guess I should have stayed up late last night casing.

Will still get a case out in an hour or so
I see this more as a joke than something necessarily scummy. The towncred part could be seen as a scum slip, but this definitely feels more like a joke.

I see Lamees' vote as very opportunist, I really don't think that the towncred part is really scummy. I look forward to the case RC's going to present.

I'm adding CJ to my town list. I was watching his last game (ice cream), and his entry to this game seems different to the other one (in which he was scum) - last game he seemed quite awkward really, while I'm not seeing the same here. E.g. he focused heavily on volxen right from the start. This game he seems more natural and towny.

at this point I think the viable lynches are malakittens, lamees or radiantcowbells. I'm not heavily scumreading any of them, but of the three I prefer malakittens
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:24 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

VOTE: malakittens
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:32 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 285, Plotinus wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.09What does a functional workplace look like? If you're new to the workforce or if you've only ever worked in soul-sucking terrible places, you might not know what that looks like. At Ask the Manager there's a post up where people describe how various problems are resolved in a functioning workplace.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

dojaj
(4): xx2008, LCpl Jones, Formerfish, Korina
Braekess950
(2): Lamees, acrimoniusalpaca
Formerfish
(1): dojaj
xx2008
(1): Braekess950

Not Voting
(1): Flavor Leaf

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-10-05 07:45:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun!

LCpl Jones is V/LA until Monday
Korina is V/LA until Monday night

@fl,

Since you asked who was on dojajs wagon
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #34) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:01 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

Wait if you can till deadline maybe? If not thats ok, but that will ensure everyone has their last say.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:13 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

Mala or lamees or a hybrid of both? :lol:
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:28 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

Yes. As tracker. Which you roleclaimed.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

There's a very good reason why dojaj isn't claiming who he tracked and that's because he isn't a tracker at all. That's because... I am the tracker. I tracked Flavor Leaf and saw that he did not target anyone.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:22 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 640, Korina wrote:@LCPL why didn't you claim earlier?
Why would I want to claim earlier and potentially die night 1?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:27 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 642, Flavor Leaf wrote: Dojaj... Well, his reaction to the wagon feels a lot like flailing, and is primarily ATE (appeal to emotion) by the looks of it. That may be the marks of new!town, but certainly feels a lot more like new!scum. I'm confident in this slot being scum. As for a partner, I still haven't discounted Flavor as bussing him, other than that I'd probably put money on ex-acrimonious' slot.

Also, Jones being the tracker and tracking me nowhere means for me to be scum, that I would have to be a
Mafia goon who didn’t make the kill, which would make the partner, slam in this scenario would HAVE to be dojaj bar some crazy town fake claiming, would be the mafia rolecop, who fake claimed tracker and made the kill. This is incredibly risky for that scenario, because the scum team would know about the existence of the other PR, and would have known Dojaj was scum meaning Dojaj easily could have been caught out by tracking through using a role cop, or kill stopped by a JK.

This nearly confirms me as town. Not completely, but nearly.

I'm not exactly following. Isn't the role cop scum so why would they catch Dojaj given he would be the rolecop? Nevertheless, I agree with your points overall - I haven't discounted you as scum but I definitely think that makes it far less likely.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:30 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

Edit bwop I think I get you now. The rolecop being dojaj, and him claiming tracker, the real tracker would probably trackhim and see him rolecopping and killing both of which could be stopped by jk and seen by tracker?

Also,

VOTE: dojaj

It's almost certainly scum. Or very very bad town. No offence intended but I think you said you played real mafia before and well forum mafia is a bit different.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:32 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

As to why I didn't track dojaj if anyone is wondering - I obviously knew he wasn't the tracker, but because he falseclaimed I assumed he thought or his partner told him that he would be tracked if there was a tracker so the partner would do the killing. I also tbh thought that FL was the best choice for the partner so I chose him.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:46 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 648, dojaj wrote:
In post 638, LCpl Jones wrote:There's a very good reason why dojaj isn't claiming who he tracked and that's because he isn't a tracker at all. That's because... I am the tracker. I tracked Flavor Leaf and saw that he did not target anyone.
Ok so you’re only claiming now lol ok it’s very obvious you’re just trying to do this to make it seem like I’m lying. A game can’t always have a tracker in it I’m not so dumb that I’d gamble when there is a possibility that there is actually a tracker. I would onlyl say I’m tracker cuz I am.
I tracked FL and he didn’t do anything
I hesitate to bait out mafia but this move you just pulled
You’re so caught my instincts when I first state are now validated like this is clean cut obvious
VOTE: LCpl Jones
First up, if you are town and lying your play is very, horribly anti town. By not only falseclaiming a power role but actively pushing your claim when found out you stand to get a second power role dead which will likely lose the game. Even if you do not survive, you will still win the game if town wins, if you are indeed town. Your survival is not as important as you doing the right thing here. Your choice.

Second up, if you are scum, as you almost certainly must be, that was an impressive backup of your claim, but not quite good enough. I highly doubt we both "happened" to choose FL (15% random chance) and saw no result - by claiming that you posted something you knew to be true because I posted it making it a riskless claim. That in effect makes it more likely your claim is false as it must be, or else plotinus got really, really mixed up when he was sending out the roles. :lol:

Now for the rest of you,

From my perspective we had a claimed cop, fakeclaimed tracker. I believed that who he claimed he tracked would quite possibly be the partner, because I believed he would think it a lower risk than claiming someone he knew was town. Obviously this is now moot because he copied my claim which he knows is true. Furthermore, he would be an easy day 2 scum lynch and with the perspective of my result on FL (who I did think could have been the partner apart from malakittens who honestly was the only other person in any way on any potential scum list of mine since the rest of you were in essence cleared to me.) I could have possibly found both scum. I might have been right or wrong, but that was my thought process.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:29 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 963, Plotinus wrote:
dojaj has been lynched day 3. It was a
vanilla townie.
(Bah post,)

Somewhere in a gloomy village a horrible chuckle was heard. Then the wraith in the dismal barn shrieked and howled in triumph as he saw his foe die. The words 'don't panic', 'they don't like it up 'em', and 'permission to speak, sir' were distinctly audible over the awful moanings of the wraith.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (isolation #44) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:23 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 998, Korina wrote:@Dojaj, please don't claim TPR on stand if you are VT. Claim TPR if you are actually TPR or scum.
That really screws around with us because we're assuming you're actually what you claim.

^ This * 100. It's the most anti-town thing you can do.

good game folks

@lamees, congratulations - RC had us POEd from day 1, but you pulled off a win :)
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (isolation #45) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:30 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

thanks for the advice, looking forward to playing with you all again at a future date ;)
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (isolation #46) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:47 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 1012, Flavor Leaf wrote:Good game, all. That was a fun game!

Yeah, once Dojaj flopped VT, I was like, “well, damn, that explains it.”

Mafia knew he wasn’t tracker.
yep, that's right. We knew RC was cop, thus C1, and Dojaj definitely wasn't tracker.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (isolation #47) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:28 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

Dojaj was meant to die d2, then I think we were going for flavor leaf or cj d3 for the win next day, but in retrospect, you're right, claiming on day 3 would probably have worked better.

But would you have believed my claim on day 3?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (isolation #48) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:50 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

if town had followed the plan RC posted, it would probably have been a town win regardless of who was lynched d2. But unfortunately, or rather fortunately, they didn't :P
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:32 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

Rundown:

D1, 2 claims (RC and Dojaj (fake)), mala lynched as a compromise, RC unwittingly solves the game by Poe

D2 Dojaj is pressured as to his tracking, I CC, I get lynched

D3 town decides to lynch dojaj anyway

D4 ceejay gets lynched, basically for lurking I think.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”