avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by avinashv »

sykedoc wrote:
avinashv wrote:@skyedoc: if you are in fact mason, you threw the game away for town here. (1) The three back-to-back posts, first two of which were separated by hours reek or desperation. Not only have you played just four games here (the other three of which have no exposed masons till now), but your argument is predicated on a whiney my word against yours. (2) You did not, in fact, directly ask your mason partner to claim
in this open town forum
. You would have immediately been shot down. Even if you were under intense scrutiny--which, you were--you had guaranteed no-lynch safety until everybody had claimed, a strategy that the town agreed to. After having killed that, you (3) go on to call SensFan out about it.
First off. You have no idea what i play. This isn't my first forum or mafia site in general. There are 100 legitimate strategies you can play from this point if you were thinking about it.
Read what I wrote. I specifically used the word "here".
sykedoc wrote: Second off, if you'd like to kill me and REALLY fuck things up, thats probably not a great idea but go ahead.
Grow up, really. Goes back to what I've already written. I guess I should thank you for reinforcing my argument.
sykedoc wrote: Third, i've been in games where i've avoided claiming miller and then when later on i revealed close to the end of the game, i was believed by no one when it was needed most, so this doesnt necessarily apply to just now. It can happen regardless of when i claim i could be distrusted, even if it was the perfect or not perfect time to claim.
I don't understand what you are trying to say here, but the general gist of it seems to be that "I've claimed miller before, nobody believed me even though I was actually miller, so you had better believe I'm mason now."
sykedoc wrote: Third, i've been studying and i was hardly aware of the no-lynch safety else i wouldn't have claimed... I've been under alot of stress the past few days so excuse me if i missed something.
Not only is that completely NOT what I was talking about, but you yourself claimed, then asked Fox to claim after you.
sykedoc wrote: Foruth, i wasn't exactly calling him out on the fact that he pointed it out, he was kindof a dick about it.
Meh, I don't think he was being a dick. He definitely wasn't the one double and triple-posting and swearing, pointing fingers and making sweeping allegations about the town.
sykedoc wrote: Fifth, I did ask him, asking someone to do something does not have to end with a question mark...
Again, you didn't read what I wrote: "directly".
sykedoc wrote: Sixth, are we still forgetting about the claim i requested from fox, who has been replaced and his replacement still isn't answering? He could be waiting for you to lynch me.
No, not at all. Case in point:
avinashv wrote: @Erratus Apathos, Awesome Pants, Destructor: please weigh in ASAP. I'd like to hear what you guys think of skyedoc/MightyFireball's mason claim, Fireball claiming out of turn and who your current most likely scum-pair is.

@Town: I vote we continue the chain-claim, beginning at Destructor who's turn it is right now anyway. It has sort of lost it's biggest use, but I'd like to see the last few roles outed.
Are you trying to push the blame away from yourself? Or, wait, let me guess: you missed it? Did you even know that it was Destructor who replaced in? If you don't have time to post, let us know it will take you 2 days to properly formulate a response; however, I don't believe that this is only to do with exams. Not paying attention and redirecting blame are patterns that you have exhibited since you replaced into this game.

Go back and reread my post, and most of your ridiculous insinuations will be answered. If you have any legitimate defense, now would be the time to post it.

@town: I'll
remove FoS: Fox
for the moment. I'll also say that I'm only waiting for the rest of the town and the chain-claim to finish before I vote skyedoc, and unless something big happens between then, I am pretty confident that he is the best vote.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 11:47 pm

Post by SensFan »

Unvote
now that my reasons have been understood.

Destructor, you're up. With your claim, chose the next person.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:14 am

Post by sykedoc »

avinashv wrote: 1)Read what I wrote. I specifically used the word "here".

2)I don't understand what you are trying to say here, but the general gist of it seems to be that "I've claimed miller before, nobody believed me even though I was actually miller, so you had better believe I'm mason now."

3)Not only is that completely NOT what I was talking about, but you yourself claimed, then asked Fox to claim after you.

4)Again, you didn't read what I wrote: "directly".

5)Are you trying to push the blame away from yourself? Or, wait, let me guess: you missed it? Did you even know that it was Destructor who replaced in? If you don't have time to post, let us know it will take you 2 days to properly formulate a response; however, I don't believe that this is only to do with exams. Not paying attention and redirecting blame are patterns that you have exhibited since you replaced into this game.

Go back and reread my post, and most of your ridiculous insinuations will be answered. If you have any legitimate defense, now would be the time to post it.
1) I was actually calling out the fact that you were questioning my general experience with the game, not on this particular site.

2) What i was trying to say is: Regardless of when i claimed the same situation of nobody believing me could occur so don't say that it was a particularly bad time to reveal now, because it honestly depends on who is playing the game and how they do so

3) I was adressing that fact that you adressed the fact that I missed that point.

4) It was actually quite direct, it just didnt contain a quesiton mark. I clearly said the other mason should claim. I wasn't going to force him out but that doesnt mean i didnt want him to post.

5) He has had at least 2 days since he replaced in hasn't he? If i were replacing in i'd at least let people know I was here.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:41 am

Post by destructor »

SensFan wrote:Destructor, you're up. With your claim, chose the next person.
What the hell. I haven't even read the thread yet and the first thing I see is a request for my claim. LOL.
avinashv wrote:@Erratus Apathos, Awesome Pants, Destructor: please weigh in ASAP. I'd like to hear what you guys think of skyedoc/MightyFireball's mason claim, Fireball claiming out of turn and who your current most likely scum-pair is.
Having read nothing else of the thread, I see no reason not to believe that they are masons. If they're scum, then that was just a terrible move on their part. There is the possibility that there is a scum mason involved...

@ skyedoc and MightyFireball
- Is your mason partner confirmed innocent?
avinashv wrote:@Town: I vote we continue the chain-claim, beginning at Destructor who's turn it is right now anyway. It has sort of lost it's biggest use, but I'd like to see the last few roles outed.
Not having read the entire thread, I'm not comfortable claiming yet. I'll read at least from the start of this day, or basically as much as I can and then claim. I understand this may be bringing things to an abrupt stop right now, but like I said, I'm not willing to claim before having a half decent read.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:44 am

Post by destructor »

And I just realised I'm meant to ask the next person to claim. Again, I need to read the game before I can decide on that.

Out of interest, who would each of you like to claim after me?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:11 am

Post by SensFan »

destructor wrote:Out of interest, who would each of you like to claim after me?
No. You will make the decision on your own, without asking or getting advice from anyone.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:21 am

Post by sykedoc »

Neither of us are, but really that means nothing anyway. Plenty of us aren't confirmed.

Personally i would think it stupid if MightyFireball, who wasn't suspected at all, came out to defend me if he was Mafia. Theres no point in blowing such good status IMO. Thats what i think about most of you pointing fingers.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:43 am

Post by destructor »

I read from the start of Day 3.
avinashv in Post 421 wrote:(2) You did not, in fact, directly ask your mason partner to claim in this open town forum. You would have immediately been shot down. Even if you were under intense scrutiny--which, you were--you had guaranteed no-lynch safety until everybody had claimed, a strategy that the town agreed to.
av, can you clarify what you're saying here? I don't really understand.
SensFan wrote:
No. You will make the decision on your own, without asking or getting advice from anyone.
I understand that, but I think it would also be informative to see who the rest of you would like to see claim next as well. I'm not asking for reasons, only names ;). So, yes, my request still stands... unless you can tell my why it may defeat the purpose of a popcorn claim.
sykedoc wrote:

Neither of us are, but really that means nothing anyway. Plenty of us aren't confirmed.
I'm unsure of whether or not you understood the question. In your role PM, is there anything that indicates whether MF is
unquestionably
town? If not, can you ask our mod about this and let us know what he says?

For the record, I think the massclaim was probably a bad idea.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:45 am

Post by SensFan »

destructor wrote:I read from the start of Day 3.
avinashv in Post 421 wrote:(2) You did not, in fact, directly ask your mason partner to claim in this open town forum. You would have immediately been shot down. Even if you were under intense scrutiny--which, you were--you had guaranteed no-lynch safety until everybody had claimed, a strategy that the town agreed to.
av, can you clarify what you're saying here? I don't really understand.
SensFan wrote:
I understand that, but I think it would also be informative to see who the rest of you would like to see claim next as well. I'm not asking for reasons, only names ;). So, yes, my request still stands... unless you can tell my why it may defeat the purpose of a popcorn claim.
sykedoc wrote:

I'm unsure of whether or not you understood the question. In your role PM, is there anything that indicates whether MF is
unquestionably
town? If not, can you ask our mod about this and let us know what he says?

For the record, I think the massclaim was probably a bad idea.
You will claim NOW. And then you will name someone NOW.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:47 am

Post by destructor »

SensFan wrote:You will claim NOW. And then you will name someone NOW.
wtf. Are you serious?
me wrote:So, yes, my request still stands... unless you can tell my why it may defeat the purpose of a popcorn claim.
*goes back to reading the thread*
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:36 am

Post by avinashv »

@destructor: Thanks for replacing in this late. For the record, I'd rather wait until you've read everything before you--or someone else--makes judgements on how you should play this. I am 100% in agreement with SensFan that you receive no advice on who to choose next. What little this chain has gone through was done like that, and it should stay that way.
destructor wrote:av, can you clarify what you're saying here? I don't really understand.
Sure. We were chain-mass claiming. Instead of following what the town as a majority--and might I add, I was not part of that--was going along with, skyedoc "directly" asked the other mason partner to claim. Had he made it blatant, or asked the town whether he could break the claim structure, he would have been told a very blatant no. By sticking with the chain-claim strategy, you get a bit more information on each person because they are isolated and have a specific slot to go on, decided by the person who already claimed.

As for the no-lynch safety: well, if I thought skyedoc was scum, I would still wait till
everyone
had claimed and some discussion had been done about it. Essentially, someone could say whatever they want (don't stretch this beyond reason :D) and still be lynch safe till after the claim. He had plenty of time to talk about it with MightyFireball--if, in fact, they are mason buddies.
destructor wrote:I'm unsure of whether or not you understood the question. In your role PM, is there anything that indicates whether MF is unquestionably town? If not, can you ask our mod about this and let us know what he says?
That is actually a very valid question; I've been essentially confirmed (by word of a now-dead cop and investigations I made) as an insane/paranoid detective. Given that there was already a sane cop and doctor, I wouldn't be surprised if the role PMs were cryptic enough to give no information about the alignment of the masons.

I've got my chief suspects, and I'm willing to wait out the time it will take you to read. Hopefully some of the other members of the town will weigh in on current events while you do that.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 10:52 am

Post by MightyFireball »

My role email uses the phrase "town mason" to describe me and describes Ration (now Sykedoc) as my partner. There is nothing that mentions his alignment, only that he is a mason.

As for why I claimed when I did, I feared that Sykedoc would get himself into so much trouble before I could claim and somewhat confirm him that it would have been impossible to save him from a lynch. Also, by his indirectly suggesting that his mason partner claim, there was some kind of provocation there. I think it would have been better for him to name me as the person to claim next so that I could validate his claim in the traditional fashion.
He had plenty of time to talk about it with MightyFireball--if, in fact, they are mason buddies.
Well, the idea of a mass-claim was only seriously considered today, and we're not allowed to talk during the day. I suppose we could have predicted it was coming, though. In any case, there was no nightly discussion between us on this topic.
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Sorry for not having posted much lately, been having computer troubles.

As for Fireball and skye's claimed masonry, holistically, I think it's a pretty good claim for a pair of scum. As already mentioned, I think the town seems pretty overpowered with a doc/cop pair, even if there was a RBer so to me it does seem a tad far fetched that there would be a pair of masons too. If they really are masons, I think there's a strong possibility that one of them are scum which I've seen if a few games before.
skyedoc wrote:Personally i would think it stupid if MightyFireball, who wasn't suspected at all, came out to defend me if he was Mafia. Theres no point in blowing such good status IMO. Thats what i think about most of you pointing fingers.
Really though, if he is scum and you are town, claiming mason with you wouldn't be such a bad idea. You certainly do seem like the one of the pair under the most fire, so if you got lynched and flipped mason then he'd be almost confirmed.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:11 am

Post by SensFan »

Vote: destructor

If he were Town, he could have claimed immediately, be just looking at his PM. Nothing he reads in the thread will change what he should claim, if he were Town. Scum, on the other hand, need time to reread before they can come up with a plausible claim.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:28 am

Post by avinashv »

MightyFireball wrote: I think it would have been better for him to name me as the person to claim next so that I could validate his claim in the traditional fashion.
QFT. Unfortunately, it did not happen, putting a lot of scrutiny on you.
MightyFireball wrote: and we're not allowed to talk during the day.
Touché. That did not occur to me.
Awesome Pants wrote: If they really are masons, I think there's a strong possibility that one of them are scum which I've seen if a few games before.
Agreed--in other games, what is the best way to tackle this situation?
SensFan wrote: Vote: destructor
No. Vamp confirmed him innocent. There is obviously the very real possibility that he is Godfather; Fox wasn't playing that well either. I still feel that a vote right now is premature before all the roles are out.

A mislynch now puts us at LyLo tomorrow, so we have to be extremely careful.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:35 am

Post by avinashv »

EBWOP: "in other games, what
was
the best way to tackle this situation"
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:40 am

Post by SensFan »

avinashv wrote:
SensFan wrote: Vote: destructor
No. Vamp confirmed him innocent. There is obviously the very real possibility that he is Godfather; Fox wasn't playing that well either. I still feel that a vote right now is premature before all the roles are out.
Please explain why a pro-Town player would refuse to claim in a massclaim scenario until they have read the thread. Note that he did not contest the idea of a massclaim, but just didn't want to claim until he read the thread.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 1:13 am

Post by destructor »

SensFan, are you suggesting that every massclaim scenario is identical? I've only ever been involved in a mass role claim once, and that was a C9 newbie game.

Yes, I could have claimed immediately but there's no way I'm going to do that without knowing why the massclaiming became an option at all. I don't know if aggression is your 'playstyle' but that vote and your treatment of me since my entrance to this game is coming across as opportunistic, and certainly not good play.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 2:51 am

Post by destructor »

I'll read and post my thoughts as I go.
Erratus Apathos in Post 7 wrote:
FoS thvampire.
your sugestions for why there was no nk are absurd, particularally compared to the much more likely answer that the target was docked or the killer was rbed.
The reasoning he's given for the FOS here seems iffy. All he's said is that vamp's suggestion was 'absurd' and not that it's scummy. The FOS itself isn't uncalled for, but something about this seems forced.
MightyFireball in Post 20 wrote:Yeah, that is pretty scummy. Slightly less than random
Vote: Occult
That really seems like a tactic that scum would use to trip someone up in the early game before much serious thinking has been done. Also, since it's in the random voting stage, Occult could probably say that it was just a joke and that he didn't mean for it to be taken seriously, but I'm not buying it.
This comes across as too sure. Not buying it? What about Occults post could possibly have given MF an indication of his motives either way? Also, by calling the vote "slightly less than random" he's basically leaving the door open to unvote later if a wagon doesn't eventuate.

Not sure about EA's vote for killa seven.

@ SensFan
- Why was EA being the first to mention a doc or roleblocker worth a vote? (Post 35)
Occult in Post 39 wrote:
FoS MF, PG, Killa seven, lamlmt

I can say there is good odds that scum is in that group.
WIFOM moment. Would Occult attempt to distance here? Of those he listed, only MF is alive. I already noted a questionable post from MF, specifically the nature of his vote on Occult. The others are all dead and were town.

Post 43 from SensFan is terrible. That was hardly a reason to put a player at L-2.

By Post 52, EA has made 3 votes on 3 different players. This is aggressive to the point where it becomes meaningless and questionable.

AP's Post 53 says... nothing at all.
SensFan wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Occult

I'm not going against an uncountered Cop claim. A counter is the only thing I can see changing my vote.

That doesn't mean I like the play by vamp, though. Relies way too much on a Doc to work. Also there was no real need for you to come out this early.

Minor FoS: Vamp
Jesus. So, you're happy to vote for the player you've got 'minor' suspicion of claimed a guilty on? -ve points for SensFan.

Vamp claiming was terrible. *sigh*

EA's Post 72 is very pro-town. I'm suddenly leaning town with him.

MF, who was already voting Occult, unvotes and votes him again in Post 81. Occult is still at L-1.
Occult in Post 85 (spoiler tag removed) wrote:I claim Mafia Roleblocker.

My scum buddies are Ration and Steek.

This Messege is for Prof. Guppy only:

Don't worry, I didn't name you. :wink:
Steek and PG were town. Ration (sykedoc) is a claimed mason who is unconfirmed to date.

EA hammers. In the context of the day, it didn't surprise me a heap but given that my predecessor had never posted and many players had hardly posted, it wasn't a great move.

Other notes from Day 1:
- AP lurked his ass off, didn't add a smidgen of content. Last game I played with him (Newbie 516) AP lurked too and he was scum. -ve points for AP.
- My predecessor didn't post at all.
- Town played really badly. I can't even say we got lucky, because vamp claiming was terrible too and
he
got lucky with the night choice. lol

Day 2
No kill again. I assume the doc protected vamp, but that would have given him 2 near confirmed innocents.
MightyFireball in Post 105 wrote:
That depends on how many power roles there are in the town has
Stoffer's 3rd Law: More power roles does not necessarily make the town better. I think that it is very unlikely that there is a godfather, given the size of the game, and I am therefore trusting of vampire's results.

I suppose it is possible that vampire could be pulling off an elaborate scum plot in which he claims cop with a guilty result on one of his partners. We then lynch his partner, securing him favor with the town as a confirmed cop. Then, the scum don't night-kill anyone night two, and then vampire can claim that he was protected by the doctor, further securing his position with the town. The scum can then sacrifice themselves, riding his position to a win. I haven't seen any evidence of this, and I don't necessarily believe it myself, but it's something to keep in mind.
This is a pretty questionable post from MF. He's suggesting a situation that requires way too much speculation and would only serve to muddy the waters.

By Post 117 AP is still actively lurking. I hope he picked it up as the game went on. Even Post 125 is seemingly full of content, when really AP is not providing any information of his own. No comments on who he's finding suspicious. Just theory.

sykedoc's entrance to the game is less than helpful.
Awesome Pants in Post 157 wrote:To me, Ration's posts on their own don't seem too bad. It concerns me a little that sykedoc keeps defending himself as though he's being voted for because of Ration's posts, and that he hasn't really contributed much himself.

To get a bit of content flowing;
skyedoc: who do you think is the most scummy right now?
To anyone that didn't get that, the saying is "don't let the pot call the kettle black" meaning that someone shouldn't point out flaws in others that they have themselves. AP was criticising sykedoc's lack of contribution when he himself had posted little in way of content.
MightyFireball in Post 165 wrote:Well, sykedoc has the same role that Ration had, so there really wouldn't be much of a reason to be suspicious of Ration but not Sykedoc.
This seems like a really odd thing for a mason to say about their partner. Why promote suspicion of your partner at all?

sykedoc's whining about being voted for Ration's posts is getting irritating and stupid.

vamp's Post 172 is excellent. This was a well spotted:
thevampireofdusseldorf in Post 172 wrote:avinashv: so you think that the other two names given by occult are a scum team?
Which was in reference to avinashv's Post 170, where he suggests a sykedoc-Prof. Guppy scum team.

I'll break this post up, so it doesn't turn into a giant post that's a pain to quote. More on the way.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:29 am

Post by destructor »

Post 176, sykedoc is still crying "woe is me" and that's not all. He's outright strawmanning the votes against him.
His
play has been called into question but he continues to push the argument back to Ration's two posts. Not looking good.
Erratus Apathos in Post 180 wrote:
Mod canyou please replace mikeydamian asap please?
thanks and wlcome back
More pro-town points for EA. Instead of pushing the lurker pressure vote, EA asks for replacement.

Fox replaced in 190. Reading over his post, I think Guppy was spot on in this post:
Prof. Guppy wrote:Anyhoo, about Occult's last minute WIFOM, I find that the only winning move in that game is not to play.
I'm going to ignore his claiming post altogether. The post were he FOS'd a bunch of people, however, I'm more prepared to look at given that his lynch wasn't set in stone at the time.
Awesome Pants wrote:So basically Fox, your plan is to lynch two of the people named by Occult in the hope that one is scum? As vamp already said, steek has been proved innocent.. does this mean that you believe Guppy and Ration are scum purely based on Occult's post?

My thoughts on it are that he could be right, but it's probably not worth lynching people based on that post alone. I think that if he is scum, his plan could possibly be to lynch one of them today, NK someone else in the hope that they're the doc, be surprised when the lynchee turns up town the next day and claim that the other person left *must* be scum, and advocate their lynch. Then, if he somehow managed to convince everyone to lynch that person he'd have another shot at hitting the doc (if the doc wasn't killed the night before, in which case he did he'd have a free shot at vamp.) and we'd be at day 4 with four less townies.

vote:xXFoxXx
I really don't like this post. It comes across as opportunistic but at the same time AP hedges his bets, noting that Fox "could be right". He then follows it up with crazy speculation about what could happen which in this case is just not even worth thinking about.

Actually, considering this play, I find it odd that AP would jump at Fox (me) soon after his replacement for mostly spurious reasons while he had little or nothing to say about sykedoc's questionable entrance.

AP is suddenly up and active, which makes me wonder what it is about recent events that has sparked his interest in the game.

I can't see what AP is trying to get at here:
Awesome Pants in Post 198 wrote:Fox: Out of Guppy and Skedoc who would you rather lynch today? If we decided to follow your theory, do you think it would be better to no lynch today, get vamp's investigation on guppy/skyedoc and lynch whoever turned up guilty or whoever didn't get a innocent result? Or if we got an innocent result the first night, no lynch again and investigate the other so we don't lynch any townies?
They seem like leading questions that aren't going to tell us much about anything. AP went out of his way to entertain Fox's theories (which, I would like to add, I disagree with in a big way). I could see AP-scum doing this to draw attention away from himself and his scum-buddy if sykedoc wasn't one of them.
sykedoc in Post 202 wrote:EBWOP

I think NO LYNCH AND INVESTIGATE ME is a good idea.
then you can get off my damn back.
Since syke and MF have backed each other's mason claims, I am fairly sure syke
isn't
investigation immune. An investigation immune scum-mason would be pure evil on Niv's part. With this in mind, I find it unlikely that syke is scum, unless, of course, he and MF are actually scum who've fake-claimed mason. There's also the WIFOM, but I'm not sure how likely it is that syke-scum actually thought a gambit like this could work or if he'd attempt it at all.
Prof. Guppy wrote:Occult's WIFOM is a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
Guppy speaks the truth again.

Holy crap. avinashv's claim in Post 206 is highly unbelievable. Two cops, a doc AND masons on the town's side? I am very certain there is scum in {avinashv, MightyFireball, sykedoc}. I can see avinashv-scum claiming a second Cop role as a means of drawing doc protection, making a vamp nightkill more likely. It seems a really odd gambit for scum to make and I'm confused about why avinashv didn't counterclaim vamp earlier.
MightyFireball wrote:Well, my only qualm with our present course of action is that there is the possibility that Avinashv isn't sane. It seems quite unlikely that we'd have two sane investigative roles in a game with only twelve people. It also seems unlikely that he would happen to hit on two guilties with his first two investigations. If he was paranoid, say, that would be explained.

Therefore, I'm all for going with the no-lynch today and having vampire investigate one of the two people implicated by Avinashv. If some people think that Sykedoc might be a GF, it might be better to investigate Prof. Guppy, just so that isn't an issue.
Vote: No-Lynch
I'm interested by why MF decided to suggest that avinashv may be paranoid as opposed to insane. Also, his second paragraph was some pretty overt directing of powerroles, which would be great for scum, since they'd get a good shot at picking off cop investigations.
avinashv in Post 224 wrote:Vamp: Nowhere in my last posts I called you out as SK---what I did say was that there was the possibility. Small one at that; I think less than the chance that you're legit. If you were SK, you may have gotten lucky with calling Occult out. I don't really know.
Reachy speculation and suggestions intended to discredic vamp as the Cop.
Prof. Guppy in Post 228 wrote:For what it's worth, I think it is much more likely that avin is false claiming. What really sticks out at me is that he claimed he was the "Town Detective". It just seems odd that he felt the need to add that "Town" qualifier, when it's pretty much widely accepted that a "Detecive" would be pro-town. Of course, I could be completely off base on that. I'm just throwing my two cents in.
Interesting post from Guppy, which reminded me of MF's recent claim:
MF in Post 437 wrote:My role email uses the phrase "town mason" to describe me and describes Ration (now Sykedoc) as my partner.
avinashv claimed "Town Detective" and now MF has claimed "Town Mason". Neither vamp nor lalmtreasteek's roles came out with the "Town" prefix and they were both powerroles. I think an avinashv or MF lynch would be very informative at this point.

Until...
thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:2 anti town groups and no nk last night?
Wow I went and checked and I am a
Town Cop
Well, there you go. avinashv's claim is more believable now.

Post 242 from AP, I actually agree with. It's a possible theory. The only reason I'm tending to believe avinashv's claim right now is the "Town" prefix consistency. Of course, that could have been a total fluke. lol

Day 2 ends with a flurry of Guppy votes.

It's a shame that lalmtreasteek never revealed who he protected N0. I haven't done so yet, but we can look at who he voted for and be fairly certain that they were not his protection for night 0 and pretty much confirm their innocence.

Cool, EA picked the same up about AP as I did in Post 272 and puts his vote on him. :goodposting:

AP's response in 273 isn't too bad.

I've just noticed that SensFan's posting has been pretty minimal. He's about as guilty of lurking as AP. I also notice that a lot of his posts have included pro-town truisms, which tell us nothing about his alignment. *makes note to reread SensFan*

EA's response to AP in Post 284 is again, good. If AP is town, the town is suffering for his lurking here.

I'm going to leave it there for now, cos it's late and I'm tired. I'll finish a detailed read in the next few days.

I skimmed the next few pages and I'm happy to claim now.

I'm a generic townie.
Next to claim... it's a toss up between AP and SensFan. I'm going with SensFan.

I think this massclaim won't give us any new info besides the mason claims we've already had.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 10:18 am

Post by SensFan »

Townie.

Pants?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 10:19 am

Post by SensFan »

For the record, detructror has acted just about as scummy as possible since replacing in, in my opinion.

I don't plan on posting until the massclaim is completed, and I suggest others do the same.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Err, if either of you had been reading you'd have noticed that I was the one that lead the claims. Pick again. :P
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by SensFan »

Awesome Pants wrote:Err, if either of you had been reading you'd have noticed that I was the one that lead the claims. Pick again. :P
Lol, sorry. EA.

Again, I do not plan on posting until the mass claim is done. I suggest others do the same.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”