Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1847, Chara wrote:why would town Bujaber have that reaction? he's not actually reading himself. that sort of lack of self-awareness is something i find towny, personally.
this is to Jingle. i'm so good at readable posting.

come to think of it i haven't actually read nsg for alignment. i've just been agreeing or disagreeing with things said about her. sorry nsg, i'll actually look at you now.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Team Mafia - Yoshi scumread me and I assumed you were helping him.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1842, Chara wrote:
scummy:

NicoRobin
TPFKAP
Thor665
Malakittens
Gamma Emerald
northsidegal

players i doubt are scum: Rational, Chickadee, Jingle, McMenno, Flicker

paranoia pile: Toogeloo, Cheeky, BuJaber?, Nancy Drew Shogunate

special tier: Elsa Jay

it would be nice if all or most of the scum were in the pile that's left.
So thats what you meant then?

Also, I get my own special little box. I am best girl, clearly.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Chara is the McMenno read mainly from sky?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1851, CheekyTeeky wrote:Team Mafia - Yoshi scumread me and I assumed you were helping him.
oh. i'm sorry, i don't really remember. if Yoshi said i was then i was, he had no reason to lie, if he didn't say i was specifically then i probably wasn't.

thanks Elsa. that's what i meant.
and yes you get a special box for a 3p i don't know the wincon of. <3

pedit: it's all Sky, Cheeky.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1850, Chara wrote:come to think of it i haven't actually read nsg for alignment. i've just been agreeing or disagreeing with things said about her. sorry nsg, i'll actually look at you now.
:good:

agreeing / disagreeing with what, if i might ask? sorry, still a little not-caught up
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Chara »

i know i keep saying this, it's because i'm really tired but still feel like playing.
agreeing with RC's scumread on you is one thing i do remember. and while catching up i think someone (maybe also RC) said you weren't out of your scumrange and hadn't done anything towny. i realize i accepted that at face value without really challenging it.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

RC was adamant NSG is town. I was the one who keep challenging his reads.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by Chara »

ISOed nsg. i wouldn't lynch her currently. excited to see where she goes when she catches up.
i might have just missed it, but i can't find why Flicker is scum for nsg.

pedit: he was? shows where i stopped paying attention to RC's posts, then. i remember a scumread, haha.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

NSG never cased flicker, big part of my scumlean on her.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by northsidegal »

1. i don't think that's a very good reason to be scumreading me.
2. i haven't gone through and made some team-mafia-esque massive wallcase on her, no. i literally cannot remember the last time i did that for a scumread
except
in team mafia. i just don't really do it that often, so i'm not sure why it's something that you expect from town me. that's not to say that i haven't given reasons for why i scumread flicker - i certainly have:
In post 247, northsidegal wrote:i think flicker is scum for a very underwhelming opening and a lack of content where i would expect content to be. 63 is essentially RVS at a point beyond when real reads could already have begun to form. she has to be asked specifically about reads by tw before saying anything, and even then i don't think there's much. a lot of the rest of what she's had has been simple straightforward explanations (inherently NAI content wise) or just asking people for reads (gets townread a lot more than it probably should).
In post 314, northsidegal wrote:
In post 309, the worst wrote:is this a blanket scumtell esp. on an inexperienced player? imo no, it's a newbtell and not a scumtell. ergo I prodded her to produce actual content on how she's reading the game rather than RVSing ( again newer players love rvs)
this is where your line of thinking and mine diverged. whereas you didn't see it as a scumtell, i saw it as a minor one (after checking flicker's previous games).
In post 1047, northsidegal wrote:I can say right now that
every single
post Flicker made -today- was either IIOA (in the strict sense of the acronym) or pretty much entirely empty questioning. Look through her ISO if you don't believe me.

things fall apart
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1843, Chara wrote:actually there is really no reason Jingle couldn't be scum, but he gets to be there because charisma and i'm too tired to think more about it. maybe in 2 game days or so.
Gamma's being boring, which in my experience means he's a) bored, or b) not town.
Yeah I’m kinda bored
Though I think I might be willing to powerhouse read a fair chunk of the game tonight
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: TPFKAP

Flicker, whereforartthou?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i mean if you'd like me to expand on my scumread i can, in ways other than writing an essay.

i don't think flicker has
any
real scumreads. yes, she's said that she wants to lynch tpfkap or nico, but i really don't get the sense that those are reads that she's really committed to or invested in. it doesn't seem like she's actually ever putting any work in to find scum in her posts, just a lot of conversational speaking / questioning or IIOA. taken with other content that's wouldn't be a problem, but there's no scumhunting to back it up.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm going to let flicker prove her role and then i'm moving my vote back to her.

things fall apart
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Flicker »

Here goes nothing...

VOTE: TPFKAP
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: flicker

things fall apart
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1860, northsidegal wrote:1. i don't think that's a very good reason to be scumreading me.
2. i haven't gone through and made some team-mafia-esque massive wallcase on her, no. i literally cannot remember the last time i did that for a scumread
except
in team mafia. i just don't really do it that often, so i'm not sure why it's something that you expect from town me. that's not to say that i haven't given reasons for why i scumread flicker - i certainly have:
In post 247, northsidegal wrote:i think flicker is scum for a very underwhelming opening and a lack of content where i would expect content to be. 63 is essentially RVS at a point beyond when real reads could already have begun to form. she has to be asked specifically about reads by tw before saying anything, and even then i don't think there's much. a lot of the rest of what she's had has been simple straightforward explanations (inherently NAI content wise) or just asking people for reads (gets townread a lot more than it probably should).
In post 314, northsidegal wrote:
In post 309, the worst wrote:is this a blanket scumtell esp. on an inexperienced player? imo no, it's a newbtell and not a scumtell. ergo I prodded her to produce actual content on how she's reading the game rather than RVSing ( again newer players love rvs)
this is where your line of thinking and mine diverged. whereas you didn't see it as a scumtell, i saw it as a minor one (after checking flicker's previous games).
In post 1047, northsidegal wrote:I can say right now that
every single
post Flicker made -today- was either IIOA (in the strict sense of the acronym) or pretty much entirely empty questioning. Look through her ISO if you don't believe me.
In post 1040, CheekyTeeky wrote:NSG can you case flicker please?
In post 1045, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1040, CheekyTeeky wrote:NSG can you case flicker please?
Here's the thing: do you think we're far enough into the day that:

1) Flicker has enough content that anything I say couldn't be explained away by it just being early in the day
2) A case I make is actually likely to make progress towards getting Flicker lynched and not just having random votes on and off the wagon?

These aren't rhetorical questions, they're just completely serious questions. Part of the reason why sometimes I guess I don't do much is because I very much so like to give things time so that people can produce enough content where either their newer content makes me rethink my read from their earlier posting, or they have enough posts such that anything I bring up is actually meaningful and won't just be overlooked as an artifact of it being early on in the game.
So why didn't you say you don't do cases much anymore rather than go to the length you did explain why casing her was a bad idea at that point in time?

I mean I've been given various reasons for you not to provide a case on Flicker, yet you've continued to say Flicker is scum with a confidence that lacks conviction when we look at the effort you've put into actually getting her lynched. I pushed that wagon to L-2 to see your reaction and you were nowhere to be seen...and now you're voting for TPFKAP. It all just doesn't make sense to me. If I were confident in a scumread you would all know it and I wouldn't rest until I got them wagoned. You've still got 3 days to get your lynch through, but you're sitting on a null read instead (i assume).
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Let's pretend my post didn't get ninjad by NSG voting Flicker.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

how can you say both that my confidence lacks conviction and that i've put a lot of effort into getting flicker lynched? you're just criticizing me for not writing enough words to justify myself. if that's the tax that i need to pay to get my scumreads lynched then i guess i'll do that, but if i don't need to do that to convince people then it's easier not to.

you're also expecting something from me that, i repeat, is just not there. yes, for you as a player i would certainly expect that as town if you had a scumread we'd all know it. i wouldn't say the same is true for me and it's actually something that i'm definitely trying to work on - pushing my scumreads more. micro 827 was a game that i just finished where i had some pretty strong scumreads that it seems like people didn't realize i had (going off of a post-game comment, at least). that's another game where i didn't write an essay when it came to pushing a scumread (and in fact that game i was pretty minimal when it came to explanations and motivation in general, but i think that was an exception and i'm trying to not repeat that).

things fall apart
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BuJaber
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by northsidegal »

and no, i'm not nullreading TPFKAP, i'm scumleaning her. (as i tried to make clear in

things fall apart
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I'd probably be ok with just ending the day with TPFKAP lynch. I hate these long ass days anyways, and seriously, 75 pages is too much for a Day 1.

Watch me attract a lot of attention tonight!
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Okay now we REALLY need the VC because otherwise Flicker bamboozled us and we're going into the nightphase blind.

Seriously tho Toog, for once we atleast can agree on something.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by Flicker »

If it helps, Elsa, I keep nervously reading my role pm to make sure I didn't mess up... :shifty:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”