False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:52 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2645, Vecna wrote:Also, Mastina, pretty please - keep real life stuff in these games to a minimum.

If you have time to write long pretty blog-type posts detailing your personal life, spent that little time on actually giving us thoughts on the game.
There's a difference between phoneposting a blog-type entry and phoneposting game content.

Hint: one is easy; one is theoretically possible but pragmatically incredibly difficult.

As I have already stated, most of the times I give said posts, I am in fact phoneposting; most of the time I am giving content posts, I am on my desktop at home.
In post 2675, Jingle wrote:Mastina, when you get to this post sometime next year or whenever you're caught up, just gladiate the largest wagon whenever 1/2 deadline hits.
Deadline's frozen. :P

Also, my ability gives 48 hours' extension...when used under that amount of time, so.

Don't have reason to use it right now.

I will when I do tho!
In post 2674, Chickadee wrote:Mastina herself has claimed it's a bit of a lie/there's something else to reveal about her role.
I don't recall saying that.

I recall laying out my policy on roleclaiming, what I do as town and what I do as scum and what I don't do as town/scum.

I don't recall stating I was making any lie.
In post 2668, Varsoon wrote:anyway I basically have a carbon copy of the second ability, but it can't be used in LYLO/MYLO
I considered not claiming it but if Titus already claimed it, then me being furtive about it would be weird
And if Titus didn't claim it, shame on Titus, because this ability isn't really useful without town knowing about it.
Heck, in my game town knew about it and developed a SUPER SECRET messaging system and it still didn't help them, really.
Hey so remember when I said, "scum could have an ability which would counter my gladiate"?

This sounds like an ability which could counter my gladiate. :shifty:
In post 2597, Skygazer wrote:i do believe the rl reasons for mastina's absence so to a certain extent id like to keep her around until those clear up because i get the whole not wanting to replace out thing
I'd consider it a scumclaim if you didn't, frankly, given that you have the knowledge that I have in fact been denying entering games--even ones I am invited to--at least in part due to real life.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:54 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2699, THE MEME MEN wrote:Mastina can you expand on nsg townread? I'm not strongly scumreading nsg independently, but Nancy Drew predecessor did not seem to be doing Nancy Drew townie things so I was thinking that slot might be scum.
Well we seem to have a fundamental disagreement then because the Nancy Drew slot was doing plenty of town Nancy Drew things to me, towning it up to become one of my stronger townreads; northsidegal has done nothing to diminish that and in her own way has kinda sorta strengthened it.
In post 2699, THE MEME MEN wrote:Also can you summarize why your vote is on scum?
Because it's on Chickadee.

:P
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Chickadee »

The bolded large text is what was sticking out in my mind. Seems I was misremembering.

But I still don't trust you.
Spoiler:
In post 304, mastina wrote:
In post 147, jjh927 wrote:Also, Ginngie-
Did you get anything from RC saying you recognised Mastina or anything similar?
I don't think so.
If she did, it should have also been in my role PM; it was not.
In post 230, jjh927 wrote:Titus, the role makes plenty of sense and it's not a miller
Fun fact, Gamma's sig given my view on vote/lynch manipulation roles being equivalent to a vig is quite hilariously appropriate given my role.
In post 236, Innocent Children wrote:She fakeclaimed D3 IC iirc? but was in actuality mafia vig, so I would definitely think it’s wise to take hers and probably most early claims with a grain of salt.
While technically true, this is incredibly misleading.
I fakeclaimed D3 innocent child...as a N2 Vigilante. (And once D3 rolled around, I realclaimed my role. So no. Didn't lie. Told the truth!)
Given my stance on Vigilantes.
That in of itself was not a lie.
It was misleading, sure.
But my stance on vigilantes is that when they successfully shoot, they
are
conftown; they are proven to be town, and thus, proven innocent, just as if they were an innocent child. (Why this, in spite of my stance of roles != alignment? Because I am a member of the NRG and I am strongly in favor of the argument of vigs not being mafia-controlled. Nontown, sure. Even antitown, fine. But mafia vigs are a fuck no to me and are borderline bastard. They're not QUITE there, in that they're akin to a mafia Godfather; it is something TREMENDOUSLY powerful for the scum to have and NOT something I want in games out there willy-nilly.)

You can see my full realclaim the moment D3 unfolds, right here.
Spoiler: The Posts in Question
In post 2219, mastina wrote:
Actual claim: Night 2 Vig; last night, I shot Purrcocet.
(And yes, it's spelled that way. Not Vigilante; Vig. Not N2, Night 2.)

Purrcocet, a scumread of mine no less!, claimed my fucking role. He fucking claimed Night 2 vigilante. I had been
planning
to shoot someone like, say, Kokichi Oma, but as a vig the correct play is to always just fucking shoot your counterclaim especially when you don't get the chance to fucking talk all of D2.

I was basically breadcrumbing this role in every fucking post of mine (I can pull up my VERY specific wordings in a bit), but.
The reasoning for the fakeclaim should be self-evident. I said on D3 I would be an innocent child; that's because you don't fucking give a vigilante to a scum player, and the proof would be in the second nightkill with me having killed Purrcocet. (Well originally I was planning on shooting Kokichi, but. Yaknow. Claimed my exact fucking role, and all that.) By claiming D3 Innocent Child, I would lead scum to think I had no night action; by claiming D3 innocent child, I would lead players to think that I was utterly harmless before D3.

But for SOME fucking reason.

Purrcocet isn't dead.

So.

Purrcocet.
You've got some 'splainin' to do.
In post 2246, mastina wrote:
In post 77, mastina wrote:BTW investigatives should stay off me; they'd be wasting their action.
I'm a D3 Innocent Child.
If you are wondering, no, not
automatic
; I have to manually
trigger
it.
Investigatives should stay off of me because a gunsmith would get a guilty on me; rolecopping or vanilla copping or neapolitaning me would be a waste because my role would be proven come N2 with a successful vig.

I made it clear from the wording here what my true role is. AUTOMATIC-->guns. TRIGGER-->guns.
In post 231, mastina wrote:I guarantee you.

On D3, after I have triggered my action.

I will be conftown.
Again, I specify TRIGGER. I also was very careful with my wording. I never said that I would trigger my action ON D3. I said, QUITE SPECIFICALLY, I would be conftown on D3 after HAVING triggered my action.
In post 233, mastina wrote:
In post 132, Human Sequencer wrote:Wrt innocent child shenanigans it's possible they have something to do with the "main characters" this setup is based around
I'm not a main character; my confirmation comes from a different method altogether.
My confirmation method comes from being a fucking vig.
In post 253, mastina wrote:
In post 252, Brian Skies wrote:Or they'll just do to you what they did to me and vanillarize-neighborize you.
That'd be their funeral then because it'd turn this game from "not exactly something I want" to "oh fuck you I AM GOING TO WIN THIS SHIT" mode. :P
Vanillaizing an innocent child wouldn't do much because I go without being conftown in most games, but I was specifically putting A LOT OF EFFORT into the strategy behind my vig; being vanillaized after I worked so hard on that would be a "fuck you".
In post 774, mastina wrote:
In post 262, Andriod18 wrote: This is no excuse to not post any reads because you can die before hand.
I have my reasons.

Put it this way.

If a townread of mine gets run up, I'll defend them.

I'll give thoughts on players randomly. Some of these may even be productive.

But I've no reason to give full reads before then.

Also this is a good way to help ensure I
don't
bite the bullet before D3. The suspicion on me helps me stay alive.

I know how to play roles, even ones I'm not particularly fond of. (I mean, I love being conftown, but this is a fairly shitty way to get it.) And I promise you, this is the best possibly strategy for me holding this role.
"Bite the bullet" was another hint, but the strongest hint here was "roles I'm not particularly fond of". What role have I on NUMEROUS different occasions stated I absolutely loathe? That's right. Vigilante. I hate them with a passion, but they have one particular use--being made conftown. It's a SHITTY way to become conftown, but it's becoming conftown nonetheless.

Also, this was me outlining my plan.

I wasn't going to give scumreads because guess what? As a fucking vig, I can let my SHOT do the talking in terms of scumreads.
In post 778, mastina wrote:I never lie about being conftownable as town.

Exaggerate
, yes.
Mislead
, sure!
But lie, fuck no, I know better than that.

So I guarantee you.

I will be conftown.
Here I basically admitted that I was in fact not a D3 IC, because the D3 IC claim was precisely this: misleading, and exaggeration, but still the truth, because by shooting N2, I'd be conftown on D3, just as good as an IC.
In post 781, mastina wrote:
In post 274, grapes wrote:I'm gonna guess she's on a team with a vanillarizor or something and planned to explain it away that way or something
Joke's on them if they vanillaize me, actually. I'd laugh my ass off if they tried. :cool:
The assumption here was that I wouldn't be vanillaized N1 (after all, they thought I couldn't be conftown until D3 so why vanillaize me N1?), and if they attempted it N2, it presumably wouldn't stop my shot from going off. Thus, why the joke would be on them if they had tried; I'd still have fucked them over with the shot.
In post 799, mastina wrote:
In post 425, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Katsuki
I buy Katsuki's D5 Innocent Child claim if Katsuki has the two-phase-shifted equivalent of my role. (I
suspect
Katsuki would be able to share details about my role from their own, if so inclined to share, which I imagine Katsuki is not.)

So that's not a lynch ever happening because Katsuki is going to be just as conftown as I am, albeit two phases later than I will be.
Here I stated my suspicion that Katsuki had an Night 4 Vig. I was VERY careful about my wording. Not "two-day-shifted". Two PHASE shifted. And I suspected Katsuki would be able to give details of this.
In post 851, mastina wrote:
In post 840, Purrcocet wrote:if we have 2 ics there must be a disadvantage somewhere else
Would you believe me if I said I had an idea of what?
The disadvantage I am referring to here is how Vigs require KILLING, to REMOVE a player from the game--yes, they become conftown by having done so, but shots are DISPROPORTIONATELY likely to be on town (thus why I hate vigs), on top of the chance of failure (thus the gambit to help ensure I'd succeed).

I do not believe for so much as ONE SECOND I was roleblocked, because my claim was D3 Innocent Child.
I do not believe for so much as ONE SECOND I was redirected, because my claim was D3 Innocent Child.
I do not believe for so much as ONE SECOND I was rolecopped N1 to justify them knowing my role, because my claim was D3 Innocent Child.

So Purrcocet survived by some other means.
And I don't buy that it's by a town method.
Sure enough.

Exactly as I roleclaimed.

N2 Vigilante
was
my real role, and
I really did
shoot Purcocet using it.

So like I said.

I don't lie about my role as scum.

BY NECESSITY, I will mislead; the reason I by necessity need to mislead as scum is because I love to do it as town. BY NECESSITY, I will exaggerate, I will play up things, I will make very careful usage of very specific wording. BY NECESSITY, I will try to imply something, when it is something else, but this is done purely to mimic my town meta, and I will always claim the actual real role later.

All fakeclaims have an end date.

All fakeclaims are made knowing a realclaim will need to be made later.

And when I reveal the real claim, the reason for the fakeclaim makes complete and total sense when you view it, because you go, "Oh, I understand why that was done" instantly just by knowing the real role.

You can think of it in this term.
Macho <-> Bulletproof as a switch to make, is in fact a lie.
I would tell it gladly and have done so, specifically because I knew that upon a realclaim, the reasons for me having done so would be abundantly clear. The kind of thing where I don't even need to explain it. I could end up a corpse, and that fact alone, just seeing my flip, would instantly explain my actions.

That's how "lies" of mine work. And that's why I say they're not actually lies. They are, technically speaking, not the truth. But they are a lack of truth, which when you see the truth, you understand why they were done and follow it as having been the optimal play.

Claiming D3 Innocent Child as a N2 vig was a
brilliant
play move,
regardless
of alignment and I'm actually sad I was scum that game because that move would have actually been better were I town. It wasn't really a lie, just me playing the closest I've ever played to my town meta in spite of how little I actually played the game. (Through little fault of my own, mind you.)

If the town hadn't kept quicklynching and I hadn't been so swamped with real life stuff at the time that game coulda been a contender for best scumgame I ever played, but since they did and I was busy I barely got to do anything. BUT I DIGRESS.

Point being.

I don't lie as scum; the closest I come to lying as scum is mimicking my town lies, and when I lie as town, I am most definitively not doing so just for the lulz; there is a clear, role-based reason for the lie and when you see the real role you can understand how it wasn't really much of a lie at all if it was in fact really something you could call a lie because my fondness for wordplay and precise usage of words leads me to carefully selecting words which IMPLY the meaning I want BUT ACTUALLY are me confessing to my real role.
In post 164, jjh927 wrote:Oh yeah and
VOTE: Skygazer
Very bad vote.
In post 160, Innocent Children wrote:Gamma is probably town, I think.
This is true!

I really will be excited when you can finally read me in a game.

Why wait up until deadline to use your ability? There are plenty of days when we don't need the full deadline.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I don't see how my ability counters your gladiate, though?
I can only do mine once
Also the effectiveness of your gladiate is decided when it happens
Like your ability is meant to confirm if someone is scum or town
The gladiate part is negative utility, if anything
So doesn't my ability let us ESCAPE the negative utility of your ability?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

OOF
@Chickadee nested spoiler tags don’t work
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2703, Varsoon wrote:I don't see how my ability counters your gladiate, though?
I can only do mine once
Also the effectiveness of your gladiate is decided when it happens
Like your ability is meant to confirm if someone is scum or town
The gladiate part is negative utility, if anything
So doesn't my ability let us ESCAPE the negative utility of your ability?
Wait. Wait. Wait.

Varsoon, if you use your ability, can we vote outside of the gladiate? Because holy shit, that would be crazy townsided and if so we're doing that today. mastina gladiates someone, proves they're town, and then you let us vote for a lynch separate from that by PM? If that's how that works then this game is really bonkers.

Hidden voting is way less useful than getting a second consecutive lynch. We just need to arrive at two lynch consensus' before deadline to be able to do it.

Mastina, what's the Chickadee case?

VOTE: Vecna
This is a Parachute.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I dunno, I sent RC a PM about it but I haven't heard anything back. :/
I doubt I'll get a straight answer but my role PM is worded kinda wonky so it's unclear if people actually vote with voting mechanics or just privately submit for who they want to be lynched.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm worried that if I actually can negate Mastina's negative utility, then scum must have something very powerful to counter us co-ordinating out in the open, like hidden voting bonuses or some shit so that we think it's all good but then the results come back and scum pushed the majority onto town with their votes. I don't think it gets revealed who voted for who with my ability, so it's not as powerful as Apple's in the role I quoted.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 2705, Jingle wrote:Mastina, what's the Chickadee case?
Masting never reads me right.

She got me as scum once....in a game where literally everyone but one person was on small 1-2 person scum teams. Herself included.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 2543, Porkens wrote:
In post 2536, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 2401, Firebringer wrote:kuroi, i have missed u. how you been?
Not bad. Yourself?
In post 2431, Porkens wrote:
In post 2404, Firebringer wrote:why do u post?
Stop harassing me.
This is a game that you voluntarily joined. There is a level of consent to conversation. You can wave it by /outting but since you didn't do it, I think you're just trying to flail.
Excuse me, but why are you defending Firebringer?
Who said I was? This isn't about FireBringer. It's about you.
In post 2569, Vecna wrote:Town, with little suspicion
14) Vecna
10) KuroiXHF*
21) jjh927

Most likely town, but has (or -probably- has) the skillset to fake it
19) Nero Cain
9) Titus
7) Chickadee
2) Northsidegal Innocent Children (Nancy Drew 39 & Disquieted)
11) Invisibility
8) Skygazer
4) Nicorobin

Null, activity reasons, please do stuff
13) Whemestar
15) Lady Angel
18) Ginngie
20) Nosferatu
22) randomidget
5) Mastina

Null, because I do not think I can read these people until I get a clue how to again
6) Gamma Emerald
1) The MEME Men Rylai and Lina (Frozen Angel & Shiro)

Scumreads:
12) Porkens
3) Firebringer Maid Cafe (MariaR & Beeboy)

*(solved by mastina flip)
Why is jjh town?
In post 2625, Firebringer wrote:i havent played scum in 8 months.
thats nuts
There's a first for everything.
In post 2659, RadiantCowbells wrote:Jingle replaces Ginngie.
Varsoon replaces Titus.

Still seeking replacements for randomidget & Nosferatu.
I'm having a hard time keeping track of replacements.

Also,
VOTE: Porkens
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

WAIT
PORKENS IS IN THIS GAME
VOTE: PORKENS
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

WAIT
NIKO, TELL EM.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:39 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

Tell them what?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Varsoon- I would assume that your ability would still only allow everyone to vote for one of the two gladiated players, or no lynch.

This might be a good time for me to claim too so I'm considering it
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:29 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Nah I don't think I'm gonna

What I will say is that you will probably get a straight answer if you ask how the role interacts with a normal gladiator. My ability would actively prevent a gladiate from being used if I used mine first, hence I will not be using it any time soon. I can also promise you that you would know if it had been used.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:14 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 2698, mastina wrote:
In post 2428, RadiantCowbells wrote:Votecount.
Lies.
In post 2519, jjh927 wrote:If I'm gonna do shit people need to react to my shit so I can have more shit to do
I work the same way btw. Reason I call for engagement. People engage me, I talk; they don't, I tend to not.
In post 2421, Nero Cain wrote:but it's assuming that Mastina was even considered to be a kill last night.
Given that everyone was loudly broadcasting.
"Protectives, be on mastina last night".
Yeah, uh.
No shit I didn't die last night?

You'd frankly had more reason to be concerned if I DID die last night.
In post 2556, Vecna wrote:Use that ability of yours on Porkens
I would prefer to use my ability to get a guilty on scum rather than an innocent on town. You want Porkens clear, sure, okay, I'll clear Porkens, but not unless he's the lead wagon near deadline. (With deadline frozen, that's "not any time soon".) Or at L-1 with intent to hammer, but good luck getting that kind of support given there's enough people who have the experience to know he's town, so.
In post 2544, Chickadee wrote:You're a claimed spot with a day ability, and it's kind of holding the game hostage.
A fine narrative, except given my stated intention on how I'll use it (only gladiating the lead lynch, near deadline or at L-1 with intent to hammer and consent) along with people even toying with the idea of "fuck that ability, let's just lynch without it", quite self-evidently not the case.
In post 2479, Nero Cain wrote:Skygazer vs. NSG is lurker vs lurker goodness. Lets see who can lurk the best.
It's also town vs. town goodness.
Great, more reads solely based on "Knowing how to read person x"?

Explain, why is porkens town. No more work-arounds. Give me a straight answer.

Also, tell me how the play is different from the transformers game. The play is a complete copy. Porkens as town plays different. We both had enough games together with a town porkens to know this, so im really wondering about your reasoning here.

Spill those beans. And stop dodging my questions with vague answers, and then come back into the thread and complaining noone interacts with you, because its you thats avoiding answering anything except with vague talk-arounds. Youre talking like a lobbyist.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:17 am

Post by Invisibility »

when is vecna not town here
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:20 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 2709, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 2543, Porkens wrote:
In post 2536, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 2401, Firebringer wrote:kuroi, i have missed u. how you been?
Not bad. Yourself?
In post 2431, Porkens wrote:
In post 2404, Firebringer wrote:why do u post?
Stop harassing me.
This is a game that you voluntarily joined. There is a level of consent to conversation. You can wave it by /outting but since you didn't do it, I think you're just trying to flail.
Excuse me, but why are you defending Firebringer?
Who said I was? This isn't about FireBringer. It's about you.
In post 2569, Vecna wrote:Town, with little suspicion
14) Vecna
10) KuroiXHF*
21) jjh927

Most likely town, but has (or -probably- has) the skillset to fake it
19) Nero Cain
9) Titus
7) Chickadee
2) Northsidegal Innocent Children (Nancy Drew 39 & Disquieted)
11) Invisibility
8) Skygazer
4) Nicorobin

Null, activity reasons, please do stuff
13) Whemestar
15) Lady Angel
18) Ginngie
20) Nosferatu
22) randomidget
5) Mastina

Null, because I do not think I can read these people until I get a clue how to again
6) Gamma Emerald
1) The MEME Men Rylai and Lina (Frozen Angel & Shiro)

Scumreads:
12) Porkens
3) Firebringer Maid Cafe (MariaR & Beeboy)

*(solved by mastina flip)
Why is jjh town?
In post 2625, Firebringer wrote:i havent played scum in 8 months.
thats nuts
There's a first for everything.
In post 2659, RadiantCowbells wrote:Jingle replaces Ginngie.
Varsoon replaces Titus.

Still seeking replacements for randomidget & Nosferatu.
I'm having a hard time keeping track of replacements.

Also,
VOTE: Porkens
JJH is my townread because of the way how he led the wagon on me day1, but did have proper responses and reasoning when he was confronted on day2 with the stuff he neglected to think about. Also, I like his poking at stuff and the way he formulates opinions and stops people from voting places (like the gifs when we were running up mastina). Might not agree with him everywhere, but I do think it comes from town nearly every time.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2706, Varsoon wrote:I dunno, I sent RC a PM about it but I haven't heard anything back. :/
I doubt I'll get a straight answer but my role PM is worded kinda wonky so it's unclear if people actually vote with voting mechanics or just privately submit for who they want to be lynched.
Is it majority or plurality for your ability?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:42 am

Post by jjh927 »

It's neither. At least, as Varsoon stated it, it just applies the effects of all votes that occur in the thread lock simultaneously
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2716, Invisibility wrote:when is vecna not town here
When post restricted D1 and pushing a really bad theory lynch for tomorrow is scummy? Why is he town?
This is a Parachute.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:42 am

Post by NicoRobin »

@Mod I might not have internet access on Monday and Tuesday, so I am declaring semi - V/LA until Tuesday.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1929, Vecna wrote:My post restriction day1 was optional. The original restriction was that I could only state I am cornholio and that i need tp for my bunghole. I was cheeky and asked RC if I could also use the other cornholio quotes to make it less bland. he hesitantly agreed. I could not vote day1 without ruining the restriction. The reason I did not want to continue too much with the answering questions was that I felt it was not in line with the spirit of the role design, and RC had already given me more leeway in what I could do. I felt if I continued it might result in me failing the clause and it being for nothing. Besides that, asking someone with a PR to provide rainbow reads in his formatting somehow, while hardly anyone else is asked such a thing was complete bullcrap. Thats why instead you got rainbow trolling.
I call bullshit, btw.

Using rainbows to get around the restriction falls into one of three categories:

1. Encryption, in which case RC would have informed you you were breaking the rules and you wouldn't have continued to do so after being warned.
2. Breaking the PR, in which case you had already broken the PR and there was no point to continue being useless.
3. Not breaking the PR, in which case you had not already broken the PR and there was no danger in continuing to post rainbows to code answers.

If you didn't know, all you had to do was ask, and clearly he was not above asking RC for clarification on his role, given that he negotiated a lesser restriction for himself by his own admission.

Notably, Vecna used rainbows to code things like his fake IC claim, but wouldn't use rainbows to make a readlist. This shows a survivalist motivation, not a gamesolving motivation.

The IC claim and retraction is super bad, given the new claim is glorified FV that confirms flavor/glorified reflexive fruit vendor that can maybe be used for player to player communication with some additional portion of the role to be explained :someday:.

A skim of Vecna's ISO today, on the other hand, left with me a distinct impression of fuckall, with some slight notes of complaining about mastina's role being OP and a big heaping side of attempting to meta lynch FB without addressing FB's claim that Vec is incapable of reading him.

Why is literally any of this worth a town read, let alone "When is Vecna not town?"
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2710, Varsoon wrote:WAIT
PORKENS IS IN THIS GAME
VOTE: PORKENS
This appears to be a policy lynch vote.

Are you aware that policy lynching in this case solves approximately 0% of anything, given we intend to use mastina's gladiate to confirm the alignment of the player we run up?
This is a Parachute.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Invisibility »