newbie 1891: people with cool hair (game over!!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:30 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler: jerry garcia

Vote count 2.1

Light Ethos (2):
Cobblerfone, teacher
Chara (1):
Qubu
Qubu (1):
Chara

not voting (3):
GeminiTwin12, Light Ethos, nonny

with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. day 2 ends october 16th at 20:30 central US time; in (expired on 2018-10-16 20:30:00)

mod notes
  • ~
[/area]
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 am

Post by teacher »

VOTE: unvote
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:48 am

Post by teacher »

Mobile til later. Just want to actually read and evaluate.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Light Ethos »

@Qubu: I buy the cop claim, but I don't think you needed to out yourself this early.

VOTE: Chara
L-2

Scum!Qubu would not want to lose his townread by faking a result on town!Chara, and scum!Qubu already had an easier mislynch setup on town!LightEthos. He doesn't need to bus here to keep a townread, and this would be a poor mislynch strategy for scum.
I buy the claim, and I buy the result.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:39 am

Post by teacher »

Still mobile. Still def open to Chara. But don’t mind the time tbh.

One thing I wanted to ask is why you framed the rx test as a tracker?

I like that you actually claimed cop, since that’s a harder fakeclaim. It can be caught by a JK -33% of games, and scum can’t know if there is a JK since they are in all columns. So for now I think everybody should hardclain JK/not JK.

Not JK.
GeminiTwin12
GeminiTwin12
Goon
GeminiTwin12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:45 am

Post by GeminiTwin12 »

That's L-1

You'll *normally* see fake claims a bit later on in the game or if it's like one mafia left or something, there wasn't any scum motivation for Qubu to do so here.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:51 am

Post by teacher »

Intent, but intent -7ish due to wanting to reread. I have no objection to an earlier hammer if someone else wants.
Qubu
Qubu
Townie
Qubu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Qubu »

In post 554, teacher wrote:Still mobile. Still def open to Chara. But don’t mind the time tbh.

One thing I wanted to ask is why you framed the rx test as a tracker?

I like that you actually claimed cop, since that’s a harder fakeclaim. It can be caught by a JK -33% of games, and scum can’t know if there is a JK since they are in all columns. So for now I think everybody should hardclain JK/not JK.

Not JK.
I figured there was a say... 2/3rds change Chara didn't make the kill. If Chara didn't make the kill and I'm strongly implying tracker she fights that with a "But i didn't go there" and ends up walking into noosing herself with #540. There is NOOOOOO way Chara posts that if i claim cop. Chara basically admitted to being scum by saying any scum fakeclaim would be dumb. Chara had no reason to think i wasn't faking a result if she didn't make the kill. That emboldened Chara to push back harder than she's likely willing to do so if I claim cop straight out.

I got the response I expected by teasing tracker.

As far as claiming so early, but ultimately my job as a cop is to find 1 scum and trust you can find the other. It might end up being a mistake but it's an action I judged needed to be made. I wasn't letting anyone else get lynched today without claiming, and there really isn't a lock tight case that can't be WIFOM'd away. if it was a mistake, I'll learn from it for my next game.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Chara »

"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

I tend to think this also means that Gemini is town.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler: david bowie

D2 Final Vote Count

Chara (4):
Qubu, Light Ethos, GeminiTwin12, Chara

Light Ethos (1):
Cobblerfone

not voting (2):
nonny, teacher

with 7 alive, it took 4 to lynch.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Chara has been lynched! it was a
mafia goon!

night 2 starts now, please PM any night actions to me or indicate them in your PT within (expired on 2018-10-12 19:20:00).
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by schadd_ »

teacher has been killed in the night! he was a
vanilla townie!
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler: cardi b

Day 3 Starts!

Vote count 3.0

not voting (5):
GeminiTwin12, Qubu, Light Ethos, Cobblerfone, nonny

with 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. day 3 starts now and ends october 19th at 21:20 central US time; in (expired on 2018-10-19 21:20:00)

mod notes
  • thread unlocked
[/area]
free darius mccollum

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by nonny »

Gonna go straight for elephant in room, thought on why scum didn’t go to claimed PR?
*insert bad joke here*
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

Avoiding a doctor heal, but that decision lost scum the game.
Qubu
Qubu
Townie
Qubu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Qubu »

In post 564, nonny wrote:Gonna go straight for elephant in room, thought on why scum didn’t go to claimed PR?
No reason to kill me. They role blocked me. Which is funny because I investigated the person they killed, so I still got a result... sorta?
GeminiTwin12
GeminiTwin12
Goon
GeminiTwin12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by GeminiTwin12 »

Even if they were avoiding a doc - blocked Qubu as they just stated - the odds aren't in their favor. It still doesn't make sense
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

VOTE: Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

VOTE: nonny

I don't have any strong scum reads, so I need to PoE this one. Qubu is town. Cobbler was Chara's mislynch choice twice. I'm going to lean on the side of thinking that Chara wouldn't want to redirect a lynch away from Alonzo onto their partner.

Looking through Chara's ISO, I see a strong focus on an attempt to drive attention away from nonny's wagon earlier in the game. I see nonny casts some throwaway shade onto Chara at the end of Day 1 but then tries to pour water onto Qubu's Chara vote at the beginning of Day 2. While GeminiTwin's slot was inactive for most of the game, since she's been in, she's been pretty solidly against Chara.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 568, Cobblerfone wrote:VOTE: Light Ethos
Why the naked vote?
*insert bad joke here*
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 570, nonny wrote:
In post 568, Cobblerfone wrote:VOTE: Light Ethos
Why the naked vote?
Long day. My reasons are the same as they were. Adimttedly I haven’t actually read most of yesterday. I did skim though, so I know Qubu claimed guilty on Chara and got it lynched. I’m assuming no other claims were made because I saw teachwr’s post asking for no claims.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

So I went through a triple ISO of Chara, Nonny, and LE. Chara’s contains many posts that convince me it’s partner is hunt/le but these two in particular were the most convincing.
In post 493, nonny wrote:Chara’s last 3 posts look more like talking themself into the hammer. Feels slightly off but not sure in which direction. Could be just showing fake hesitation or it could be legit concern.
In post 532, Chara wrote:don't really see as absolutely having to have been coached. Hunt's ISO isn't that long, and it's certainly one of their better posts, but that's all. in the posts that do have analysis the level is similar, 300 just has more of it. and it was in direct response to nonny asking Hunt for it.

that said i like teacher's post and analysis, even if i don't agree with the conclusion.
Top one prevents nonny/Chara I think. Bottom one confirms Chara/LE.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Light Ethos »

is fence sitting from nonny. She casts shade on Chara but doesn't follow up on it at the start of Day 2.

As far as goes, your case only rests on one post by Chara and none from my slot? You also didn't bother to answer the questions I asked on Day 2.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Every meaningful (i.e. not just talking about replacement or @mod questions regarding votes) post where Chara mentions hunt
In post 157, Chara wrote:
In post 155, RadiantCowbells wrote:I get the impression that Chara is looking for a wagon that isn't as obvious as just jumping on Relentless Hunt to push to get the pressure off Nonny.
bold of you to assume i'd have a plan as scum.

also, i'm townreading Hunt for the same reason you are.
In post 200, Chara wrote:
In post 188, Qubu wrote:Sure the vote’s (mostly) a joke vote. I’m curious why the heavy town read though
my townread on Hunt isn't so ironclad, but i do think tonally he just seems honest and reactive.

pedit: i have a crazy idea about what might help your wagons go through. :>
In post 232, Chara wrote:VOTE: Alonzo
independent of other reads, i like this the best. without too much to work with at the moment, Cobbler has things i'm townreading for about the same reason as nonny.
Hunt is reactive but for some reason i remembered him having more posts than he did, so i want to see more.
i don't have a read on naso.
Alonzo's blatantly sitting on the sidelines in a way i'd call scummy on the surface, but the fact he knows he's doing it makes me wonder whether he just doesn't care, if he wants to make it seem like he doesn't care.

and if nonny's town, i still like Alonzo for scum. it's like he wants to support the wagon without actually being responsible for it. RC, and someone else, have playrd with Alonzo before, correct?
In post 242, Chara wrote:
In post 240, Qubu wrote:You are hard rolefishing in my eyes, and your defense of hunt in #200 is pretty ludicrous to me.
how is saying i like a certain role rolefishing?

Hunt hadn't posted since the beginning of the game, so i've read him on the posts he did have. newbies replace out or stop posting all the time, and it rarely has anything to do with alignment, so i've ignored that.
and yes, i'd still think Hunt is more likely town than scum based just on the posts he had. though now i can read his replacement and get a better idea.
In post 245, Chara wrote:for some reason i thought this game had more replaces than it did. only Enzo, Pine, and Hunt have been replaced while the game was ongoing.
i still don't think Hunt's disappearance is AI, and as a rule i don't like to read activity that way anyway.
In post 269, Chara wrote:
In post 263, Relentless Hunt wrote:Yeah, you did pile on me but that's not just riding any bandwagon rather a mafia bandwagon.And what I meant was, I didn't ride the wagon like you did and voted for object.It's mostly irrelavent and fluff piece but yeah.
what's the wagon you didn't ride? at the time i don't remember there being any wagons besides the one on yourself.
i know you voted object, is it better that you voted someone who didn't already have votes? not sure i understand what you're saying so would appreciate some clarification.
In post 279, Chara wrote:
In post 270, Relentless Hunt wrote:Yeah it is better to vote on someone who was not voted yet.Better encourage everyone to express where they lie and promote discussion, right? But yeah, ironic cause I was gone for days lol.
if there were two players i was scumreading about the same, i'd want to vote the one thay already had votes. votes = pressure, which can net information. one single vote on someone isn't very much pressure.

i understand where you're coming from but in my experience and in general, wagons are good for info more than a votecount that has everyone spread out.
In post 282, Chara wrote:Hunt's towny, and i want to see Qubu reread again with the misread in mind.
naso's response to RC in was something i liked but beyond that i don't have too much of a read there.
Cobbler looks a little awkward and town but nonny (i think) reminded me of the issue of Cobbler's reads forming quickly and seemingly out of nowhere. it's possible he just trusts RC but i'd want to see Cobbler talk more about the nonny read. even explaining tone is something that's possible to do.
In post 532, Chara wrote:don't really see as absolutely having to have been coached. Hunt's ISO isn't that long, and it's certainly one of their better posts, but that's all. in the posts that do have analysis the level is similar, 300 just has more of it. and it was in direct response to nonny asking Hunt for it.

that said i like teacher's post and analysis, even if i don't agree with the conclusion.
Every meaningful post where Chara mentions nonny coming soon for comparison.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”