Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:10 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 2144, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2139, BuJaber wrote:I'm asking for real here not just to dissuade you. It'd be a fascinating scum gambit if they are actually scum.
I mean, Elsa *wanted* to be publicly leashed, ensuring that their heals couldn't be viewed as a threat by any killing entities, while also claiming neutral and thus a potential ally to every faction. Seems like a reasonable path to take if one wanted to minimize the odds of being cross killed for at least one half of your team. They also claimed ascetic, dissuading anyone from spending on action on checking any of their claims.

All in all, reasonable scum line to take, especially if the player in question is known for playing in a "survivor" type way.

-Cerb
This would only explain Elsa's actions not why Tora would choose to connect himself to her like he did.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 2147, Jingle wrote:Doesn't solve the whole: survivor can't be taken to LYLO problem. And as soon as EJ is lynched, the entire plan unravels.
Also!

Your assumption that people would even remember that Toranaga predicted that EJ was 3P is...optimistic, to say the least.

As you reminded me, town is bad. :P

Agreed that it's a questionable line though, I'm just saying that I *can* see a universe where it could be done without scum being bad. :P

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:13 am

Post by BuJaber »

Your last post didn't show up in pedit or I missread it.

Okay then if you're just playing around...

You're either scum or you have no respect or interest for what I say or do. So nothing personal but I won't waste my time talking to you.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:13 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 2107, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2106, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1923, Reasonably Rational wrote:I mean ... that spew of crap could be give up posting I suppose. That's some consolation.

There is a VERY strong reason to believe that NicoRobin is scum in this game. Like bordering on logical certainty reasoning. Just trying to get this in before threadlock.

~D
In post 1935, Almost50 wrote:
A LYNCH has been achieved

VC#0
TPFKAP (9): Thor665, Gamma Emerald, Elsa Jay, CheekyTeeky, BuJaber, Jingle, Nancy Drew Shogunate, Chara, Toogeloo

BuJaber (2): McMenno, Chickadee
Flicker (2): Reasonably Rational, northsidegal
NicoRobin (2): Malakittens TPFKAP

Reasonably Rational (1): NicoRobin

Not Voting: Flicker

Deadline suspended
Interesting. Was TPFKAP possibly distancing here?
TPFKAP, the traitor, whose flip shows that they did not know who their teammates were, was distancing from their unknown teammates?

-Cerb
Was going to say the same thing
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:14 am

In post 2150, BuJaber wrote:
In post 2144, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2139, BuJaber wrote:I'm asking for real here not just to dissuade you. It'd be a fascinating scum gambit if they are actually scum.
I mean, Elsa *wanted* to be publicly leashed, ensuring that their heals couldn't be viewed as a threat by any killing entities, while also claiming neutral and thus a potential ally to every faction. Seems like a reasonable path to take if one wanted to minimize the odds of being cross killed for at least one half of your team. They also claimed ascetic, dissuading anyone from spending on action on checking any of their claims.

All in all, reasonable scum line to take, especially if the player in question is known for playing in a "survivor" type way.

-Cerb
This would only explain Elsa's actions not why Tora would choose to connect himself to her like he did.
Town cred. The same sort that Thor is trying to draw on when he wants to remind people about his suspicions of TPFKAP. Displaying accuracy in a game makes people more likely to follow your lead in the future.

Again, this is all marginal. *shrug* I only think a very good or very bad player would take this line, someone confident they can easily weather the storm that comes if either party flips, or someone who simply didn't consider these risks.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:16 am

In post 2152, BuJaber wrote:Your last post didn't show up in pedit or I missread it.

Okay then if you're just playing around...

You're either scum or you have no respect or interest for what I say or do. So nothing personal but I won't waste my time talking to you.
You misunderstood. It was playing in the sense that since you don't know me, you don't have expectations of me. When you respond to me, especially on this subject, you can't just dismiss me out of hand because you assume I know better. Instead, you actually engage with me, which is far more helpful in figuring you out.

Sorry for giving you the impression that I was dismissing you, because that's certainly not the case.

-Cerb
Show

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:16 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 2153, Malakittens wrote:
In post 2107, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2106, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1923, Reasonably Rational wrote:I mean ... that spew of crap could be give up posting I suppose. That's some consolation.

There is a VERY strong reason to believe that NicoRobin is scum in this game. Like bordering on logical certainty reasoning. Just trying to get this in before threadlock.

~D
In post 1935, Almost50 wrote:
A LYNCH has been achieved

VC#0
TPFKAP (9): Thor665, Gamma Emerald, Elsa Jay, CheekyTeeky, BuJaber, Jingle, Nancy Drew Shogunate, Chara, Toogeloo

BuJaber (2): McMenno, Chickadee
Flicker (2): Reasonably Rational, northsidegal
NicoRobin (2): Malakittens TPFKAP

Reasonably Rational (1): NicoRobin

Not Voting: Flicker

Deadline suspended
Interesting. Was TPFKAP possibly distancing here?
TPFKAP, the traitor, whose flip shows that they did not know who their teammates were, was distancing from their unknown teammates?

-Cerb
Was going to say the same thing

Are you catching up or not?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2120, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:Thor is pushing us for made up reasons. First some meta nonsense I still don’t understand, now he’s sr me for understanding the role of martyr. Of course I understand that role because there was one in Labrynth.
As long as we're pointing out issues with your play;

1. What is the meta nonsense you don't understand?
I'm guessing it;s from your weak attack that I asked you to back up, that all happened here;
viewtopic.php?p=10478530#p10478530
I've been mentioning it a LOT and this is the first time you've even admitted awareness of me mentioning it - which is exciting progress.

2. When did I say I was scum reading you for understanding the martyr role? I never did anything of the sort. Now, I *did* call you scummy for IIoA and said exactly that when I did. But now you're making up a ridiculous straw man to whine about instead.

In a fire scum, go die in it :lol:
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

In post 4964, Wisdom wrote:given the cards i was dealt, I think i did the best i could
traitor sucks. I couldn't bus random, and i had no say in the nightkills. I wasn't lying that id never make those kills.
Even so, i think that was easily a win until tw gladiated me, so good job tw.
gg
In post 5036, Wisdom wrote:ank i just felt both Chick and random were obvious scum and given they were neighbors one of them would be lynched sooner or later
So why not bus to get some cred
And if i wasnt a traitor id bus random too
I just realized he didn’t actually know. Is this usually true for martyrs?
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 am

Post by BuJaber »

@RR - The impression was building up over time from your posts that was just the nail in the coffin.. but I'm glad I misunderstood that last one.. puts you in a better light.

If you're scum we can be friends after the game
If you're town we can be friends if we don't talk about mafia :P
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Jingle »

Wisdom's role is the standard traitor role (plus investigation immunity). There are like 4 common variants and a ton of less common ones, including recruitable, BP, partial BP, etc.
This is a Parachute.
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:27 am

In post 2157, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2120, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:Thor is pushing us for made up reasons. First some meta nonsense I still don’t understand, now he’s sr me for understanding the role of martyr. Of course I understand that role because there was one in Labrynth.

I'm guessing it;s from your weak attack that I asked you to back up, that all happened here;
I've been mentioning it a LOT and this is the first time you've even admitted awareness of me mentioning it - which is exciting progress.

2. When did I say I was scum reading you for understanding the martyr role? I never did anything of the sort. Now, I *did* call you scummy for IIoA and said exactly that when I did. But now you're making up a ridiculous straw man to whine about instead.

I’m not and you’d know this if you were familiar with my meta. I read the flip wrong. Ask anyone who’s played with me ever. I do this all the time. I’m surprised RR don’t this. Maybe Chick and Gamma? :(

I’m not scum, I honestly misread the role flip. Fine, mislynch me then because I will flip town.

@Mod, am I allowed to ask people who are familiar with my meta, to prove I’m not lying here? Or only this playerbase?

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:29 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2089, Chara wrote:Cheeky, still wanted to know why Mala and Gamma are here.
Because I skim reread everyone and felt Gamma town plus mala started off towny to me. I've not liked her lurking since but I figured that's not enough to take my initial impressions away. If her lurking is scum lurking it'll become clearer.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:34 am

In post 2161, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:

I’m not and you’d know this if you were familiar with my meta. I read the flip wrong. Ask anyone who’s played with me ever. I do this all the time. I’m surprised RR don’t this. Maybe Chick and Gamma? :(

I’m not scum, I honestly misread the role flip. Fine, mislynch me then because I will flip town.

@Mod, am I allowed to ask people who are familiar with my meta, to prove I’m not lying here? Or only this playerbase?
The problem is I don't know what head is speaking, so if we're BoP'ing or meta'ing you, I can't speak about anything.

I recommend signing everything for at least one head. ^^

-Cerb
Show

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2161, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:I’m not and you’d know this if you were familiar with my meta. I read the flip wrong. Ask anyone who’s played with me ever. I do this all the time. I’m surprised RR don’t this. Maybe Chick and Gamma?

FWIW, I completely believe you misread the flip, because I see no scum reason to try to argue that knowing the correct interpretation. I don't really think that you misreading the flip is AI though.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Jingle »

Pretty sure this is nancy.
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:40 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2109, Thor665 wrote:Hey, everyone, remember yesterday when Thor had to spend like 3/4ths of the phase repeating over and over issues with a slot's play.
And then said slot flipped scum.
Do we need to do that again?
I can do that again, but it is easier on my inner sense of peace and calm if I could get a couple of sheep on an obvious slot that isn't scumhunting.
Join mine first. I'll join yours one McMenno actually engages with the game/makes it easier to sort him.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:44 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2122, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:VOTE: Thor

He has been targeting us from the getgo, unlike say Cheeky, Elsa, Chara and Bujabar, who have actually been trying to sort us.
Vote McMenno for a scum-free future!
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2125, Jingle wrote:Is it weird to anyone else that CT went looking for TMI tells in everyone's ISO and found only the least incriminating one in mine? It's kinda been bugging me.
You can't BoP me if you don't know me.
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:57 am

In post 1333, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1324, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:porkens' lurking is straight up NAI and he didn't display any confusion about multiball, he just apparently didn't know who was talking about it first.
1. I didn't call his lurking scummy in any way at all - so...redefine your case on me to what I actually said and did, yeah?
I called him as active lurking and faking not knowing what's going on in an attempt to avoid doing anything, and noted that he wasn't trying to game solve.
Why do you think i wouldn't find that scummy? It's not from anything I've ever said in any game ever, so...?

2. Are we playing word games? Okay, fine, I clarify my comment of "confused about multiball" to "confused about who instigated multiball discussion and deciding it was a valid scumtell to vote Elsa over" Feel free to explain how that changes anything now that I've used more words to make more specifically clear what he pretended to be confused about.
This isn’t even MY post. No wonder I had no clue what the hell you were talking about. Tora wrote that not me.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:04 am

In post 2163, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2161, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:

The problem is I don't know what head is speaking, so if we're BoP'ing or meta'ing you, I can't speak about anything.

I recommend signing everything for at least one head. ^^

-Cerb
Spoiler:
posting.php?mode=multi&f=3&m%5B%5D=10492935
In post 5011, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5010, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:#56 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:10 pm

In post 28, randomidget wrote:
how will we know if they did it?

Alisae said they stole this power from Micc, the ability to give a creature that could vote(that's the elemental that is currently in play) to someone, and gain a mana for doing so.
So if t hey do it, another elemental should come into play, under someone else's control. If Micc/Nancy is town, then they'll put it under the control of PH, and SS can lie detect them about doing so. It would require that just the right subset of people be scum for us to have to resort to waiting for one of their flips to know whether or not they targeted the individual they were supposed to.

-Cerb

———————————————-

:lol: really bad call there Cerb. I was really sick, clueless and practically a newbie to this site and most significantly
totally not caught up in the game
. You should have waited until N2. Until now, Ithought you were town in this game. :facepalm:
Lolme, I did correctly tr you. I got this mixed up with the scum PT. Sorry. :facepalm:

Still, I got replaced in close to the EOD 1 and was sick and lost in the game, so I was useless to town N1. :/

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

In post 2164, Jingle wrote:
In post 2161, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:I’m not and you’d know this if you were familiar with my meta. I read the flip wrong. Ask anyone who’s played with me ever. I do this all the time. I’m surprised RR don’t this. Maybe Chick and Gamma?

FWIW, I completely believe you misread the flip, because I see no scum reason to try to argue that knowing the correct interpretation. I don't really think that you misreading the flip is AI though.
Thank you. <3. Yes it is Nancy and anyone can do a metacheck on me to confirm that I do this all the time, in Mafia as well as irl.

No it’s not AI. In my only scumgame on here, I derped as much as I have in every single towngame, I’ve ever played. It isn’t usually a problem for anyone who knows my meta. I was hoping to discern if any of TPFKAP’s reads or votes might lead us to HoB but I honestly thought she knew but HoB didn’t. And that “witchhunt” comment of hers was a dead giveaway that she was scum. She did that in Labrynth too.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 2151, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2147, Jingle wrote:Doesn't solve the whole: survivor can't be taken to LYLO problem. And as soon as EJ is lynched, the entire plan unravels.
Also!

Your assumption that people would even remember that Toranaga predicted that EJ was 3P is...optimistic, to say the least.

Agreed that it's a questionable line though, I'm just saying that I *can* see a universe where it could be done without scum being bad. :P

-Cerb
This and all the previous posts aimed about me...

THIS IS THE FIFTH DAMN TIME THE DISCUSSION WAS BROUGHT BACK AROUND TO TALKING ABOUT MY DEATH.

Pls don't do that while I'm working, and PLEASE for the love of God stop using me as a discussion point too not find scum. I know atleast a few of you are doing that.

Talking about me being mafia doctor for like the 15th time isnt changing anything. Focus on the HoB or other scum teams.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2168, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2125, Jingle wrote:Is it weird to anyone else that CT went looking for TMI tells in everyone's ISO and found only the least incriminating one in mine? It's kinda been bugging me.
You can't BoP me if you don't know me.
I can BoP whatever I like!

But seriously though, I don't know what to make of it.

It's not a scumtell because it's probs multiball and you're genuinely looking for alignment tells even if you are scum. It could be a tell that we're linked and you just aren't paying as much attention to me as the other three, but I know that to not be the case. I think, but am not certain, that it means you can't be scum with Menno, Flicker, or Toog, because you would be more likely to have caught mine on a skim than any of theirs and you are less likely to have in depth read your partner(s) than unknowns.

Of course, operating under the assumption of Toog and Flicker town that means that all I really get out of that is that you and Menno aren't groupscum together. Which... Your push kinda gives me that impression anyway. Eh. I'm gonna ignore it for now, but if anyone can figure out what it means, I'd appreciate you putting my mind at ease.
This is a Parachute.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:41 am

In post 2172, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2151, Reasonably Rational wrote:
Also!

-Cerb
This and all the previous posts aimed about me...

THIS IS THE FIFTH DAMN TIME THE DISCUSSION WAS BROUGHT BACK AROUND TO TALKING ABOUT MY DEATH.

Pls don't do that while I'm working, and PLEASE for the love of God stop using me as a discussion point too not find scum. I know atleast a few of you are doing that.

Talking about me being mafia doctor for like the 15th time isnt changing anything. Focus on the HoB or other scum teams.
Shush. This is far more about the Toranaga slot than your own. Obviously, if they flip scum, there's a strong case to be made for the necessity of lynching you next, but if you believe they're town(do you? Do you even care?), then you should be fine!

-Cerb
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”