Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 2224, Elsa Jay wrote:Honestly RN I'm hoping Nancy sonehow pulls a miracle and convinces everyone the truth of their alignment.

Kinda also waiting for Drixx to appear as well, to be Frank.

Having a Hydra with 1 quiet head is... Terrifying, to say the least.
Really? Why is that?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

If your asking for Nancy, she's let Tora still lead despite joining the game as well and I think she should be more involved.

If it's Drixx, clearly he has something to say that he isnt even telling you.

If it's the hydra thing, yeah Hydras in general scare me because someone can post under someone else's name and I'm basically reading 2 different people.

Didn't know which one you wanted answered, so I said all 3.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:34 am

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Nancy Drew Shogunate (6):
Thor665 (2092),Flicker (2114),Toogeloo (2175),McMenno (2197),Elsa Jay (2199),CheekyTeeky (2221),
McMenno (1):
BuJaber (2082),
northsidegal (1):
Jingle (2223),
Not voting (8):
NicoRobin,Chara,Chickadee,Reasonably Rational,Malakittens,Gamma Emerald,northsidegal,Nancy Drew Shogunate (2140),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:43 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 382, Skygazer wrote:i wanted to vote chicka but i feel like is town spewy
In post 10, Chickadee wrote:idk who I am
In post 1937, Almost50 wrote:Important: To avoid flavour gaming; Town players have NOT been given their flavour.

How is this not enough? Am I the only person who had no idea who had been given flavour?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:47 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

For "not knowing who I am" to be town spewy, you have to know only town don't know who they are right? I didn't see it as a tell because I assumed noone had flavour. Now that we've seen a scum role PM we know that scum know that only town have not been given flavour. I don't know if it implicates chic or not but I think going down the route of a sky/McMenno lynch will show if there's something behind my reasoning plus give us good associatives on Chick, Tor, TW/jingle and other people mentioned in the Sky ISO.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2226, Elsa Jay wrote:If your asking for Nancy, she's let Tora still lead despite joining the game as well and I think she should be more involved.

If it's Drixx, clearly he has something to say that he isnt even telling you.

If it's the hydra thing, yeah Hydras in general scare me because someone can post under someone else's name and I'm basically reading 2 different people.

Didn't know which one you wanted answered, so I said all 3.
More often than not hydras tell the truth of what head is posting
Me and NM had a hydra where we lied about which head was posting, and it was kinda cool
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2229, CheekyTeeky wrote:For "not knowing who I am" to be town spewy, you have to know only town don't know who they are right? I didn't see it as a tell because I assumed noone had flavour. Now that we've seen a scum role PM we know that scum know that only town have not been given flavour. I don't know if it implicates chic or not but I think going down the route of a sky/McMenno lynch will show if there's something behind my reasoning plus give us good associatives on Chick, Tor, TW/jingle and other people mentioned in the Sky ISO.
Actually, if anything I think it's worse for the Chick slot than the Sky slot, and even then it's a really weak reason to suspect them.

When I looked at my role PM my reaction was more along the lines of "Huh, I don't have flavor. I wonder if that means something special for my character." When I look at ThePorkensFormerlyKnownAsPlayer's it looks more like "Oh hey, town doesn't have flavor. I might be able to grab some cred off of that." I don't think that Chick's post looks like it's designed to be a towncred grab more than a talking point, though, so I'm not inclined to scumread her for it atm.

I agree with you that Menno hasn't been particularly gamesolvey since his entrance though, and definitely approved of the pressure you were putting there until you backed off on the wagon.

The NancyDrewganate wagon, on the other hand feels pretty gross. Thor's vote there is both telegraphed and expected, but the rest of it doesn't leave me feeling like any of those players really expect it to flip scum.

CT and EJ both sound like they expect a townflip there and simply don't have anywhere else to push right now. Menno doesn't strike me as having a good read on the gamestate, and what amounts to a policy lynch on his counterwagon is pretty NAI in light of that. Toogles and Flick are outright sheeping.

And that's the only wagon we've got. For a wagon based around IIoA and derp, there's surprisingly little in the way of what looks like derpBussing (Not poorly executed bussing, but rather the bussing of a plyer who appears to be locked in derpmode). I'd expect at least someone from NDS's scumteam to throw them under the bus here when Thor came calling for the wagon, and 0% of the votes look like they might be that.

And, if Nancy's teammates aren't bussing, they're equally not trying to direct the wagon away from her. There have been two pushes outside of NDS today, Toog's attempt to resurrect my Buj wagon and CT's attempt to wagon Menno.

Also of note, none of NR, Chick, Mala, nsg, and, until very recently me, have been posting substance today. Chick and Mala are virtually V/LA and have been for a while. NR is being NR. I actually forgot nsg was playing this game until I looked at the player list, and she's definitely posting enough IIoA herself to make that slot suspicious as all hell. RR has been mostly setup speccy himself.

Outside of Thor (Full on deathtunnel, whether right or wrong) and CT (Probably wrong by my reckoning but at least trying), Gamma, a player known for his low effort posting style, has been one of the most active in actually attempting to sort people's alignments. There are plenty of suspicious players, but no one is willing to draw the attention to themselves required to get the game moving again.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by Jingle »

So let's start here. CT, you appear to be townleaning on NDS. What does your scumpool look like atm? Are there any slots you're interested in engaging with/over?

Menno, do you have any solid reads? Why?

NDS, do you have any thoughts about who might be scum?

Cerbs, outside of NSG's probably scum by Drixx, do you have any scumreads?

Buj, could you elaborate a bit on your Menno is scum reasoning? Is it all wagon analysis, do you agree with CT's points, or is there some as yet unknown aspect to consider?

Chara, what is your read on NDS?

Thor, Gamma, no complaints. You guys keep on keeping on.

Everyone else, pick something and take a stance or question it. I don't give a shit about what or why or where.
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2232, Jingle wrote:CT, you appear to be townleaning on NDS. What does your scumpool look like atm? Are there any slots you're interested in engaging with/over?
In post 1763, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 1758, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:After Tora changed to our hydra, you were hardtown reading us, so I’m a little bit confused how you’re viewing Tora’s initial EJ defense as suddenly scummy or at least that’s how it read to me?
I keep flip flopping on the slot. I explained why I thought Tor was scummy early along the lines of "noway anyone townreads Elsa, it's weird that your talking to RC and I like you know we're both town" early game - I just elaborated on that early suspicion with the help of meta when looking at Be Yourself Mafia. I, like Chara, found his posting got better and when he was bragging about reading Elsa correctly after he claimed, I thought this seems outside of Tor's scumrange. Then after RC left he started lurking again which is very much his scum meta, he finds it hard to be motivated as scum and has to be pulled into playing. So although there are aspects of good posting and stances that I thought come outside of his scumrange, overall the town effort and love for solving are missing which outweigh my hesitation to scumread you. That's why I said I wouldn't mind if someone vigged you because I can't sort you which is very frustrating as working with Tor has been very effective for winning in the past.

Preflip:
In post 1091, CheekyTeeky wrote:{mala, NicoRobin, Flicker, Toogeloo}
{TPFKAP, BuJaber}
Post TPFKAP flip:
In post 1941, CheekyTeeky wrote:{Jingle, McMenno, Toogeloo, Flicker}
Minus Toogeloo because he's lightning man.

I would like everyone to interact. Particularly McMenno, Mala, Chick, NSG.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Listen, at this point in the game, I feel like making a decent stand here.

If we want to lynch an ACTIVE poster, probably get NDS or Jaber. Currently suspicion is on NDS but we don't want the day to end without a solid read on Jaber.

If we're going for an INACTIVE poster, it's North (a known meta, apparently) or Robin. I'm particularly wanting Robin to flip because Chickadee seems super opposed to it when nobody elsa is.

Obviously is a vigi exists, go for North or Robin, depending on who we hang.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Chara »

Jingle: my read on Shogunate continues to evade me, but i don't think they're HoB.

pedit: i think Jaber's town, so let's leave that one. if i had to lynch someone right now it would be Nico, but i want to see how i feel about the whole list. particularly nsg.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by McMenno »

sorry I'm not really "in" to well like, life, right now

my reads are about as solid as a jelly pudding

I don't have any hard townreads

mala, nsg, cheeky, the other n shogunate??? are all like. bad. kill them
mafiascum is on life support
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by Chara »

as for Sky townreading Chick's . it's essentially a scumslip, one i'm not sure Sky would make.
been kind of getting over my Cheeky paranoia, but i would call most of my engagement this day phase skimming at best.

pedit: but you know i'm town, right McMenno? :>
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

Okay, CT. So Tora is more a null than anything with good points either way. Any particular reason why Mala, NR, and Buj are looking better?

What do you think about my point in 2231 regarding Menno's 'TMI' (and I suppose Flicker as well)?

Is there anything about my play you'd like me to address?
This is a Parachute.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by McMenno »

I couldn't be arsed to lynch you so yeah sure
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2235, Chara wrote:i don't think they're HoB.
Any particulars as to why you can share?
This is a Parachute.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 2240, Jingle wrote:
In post 2235, Chara wrote:i don't think they're HoB.
Any particulars as to why you can share?
My particular guess there is the only "partner" atm you'd be able to make a possible connection to is me? And clearly that's not true.

Perhaps looking for Duos who've stuck together is a good idea, since we now know there's a 2 person scum team out there.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2236, McMenno wrote:sorry I'm not really "in" to well like, life, right now

my reads are about as solid as a jelly pudding

I don't have any hard townreads

mala, nsg, cheeky, the other n shogunate??? are all like. bad. kill them
I don't see the you CT 1v1 going anywhere alignment indicative tbh.

Any particular reason on Mala/NSG scum? Is the Shogunate vote more than a sheep/PL and if so what about their play seems more scum than derptown?

Any reason why you think your reads are shaky this game? Is that a normal thing for you? Do you have an approximate enddate to when your reads usually firm up? Is there any interaction/game state feature that you can point to as being particularly difficult to parse?
This is a Parachute.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by McMenno »

that is like so many questions and I'm like so tired so not now good night
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2238, Jingle wrote:Any particular reason why Mala, NR, and Buj are looking better?
In post 2067, CheekyTeeky wrote:Not sold on BuJaber scum. You guys should sheep me. Sky/McMenno scum.
In post 2162, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2089, Chara wrote:Cheeky, still wanted to know why Mala and Gamma are here.
Because I skim reread everyone and felt Gamma town plus mala started off towny to me. I've not liked her lurking since but I figured that's not enough to take my initial impressions away. If her lurking is scum lurking it'll become clearer.
So my readslist changed based on my TMI tells which I still believe have some grain of truth to them. Obviously Toog being town discredits the general read but I think there's at least one scum in that group which is the lynch I've been pushing today. I sometimes use readslists as reaction tests like the one post flip. I still wouldn't mind lynching any of the lurker/null slots and hopefully we get more info overnight. I still firmly believe McMenno is the best option but I feel like no one's listening or perhaps resisting.

Like if you guys can tell me why sky/mcmenno are town that could help get me out of this tunnel because I don't see it.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Jingle »

@50: can we get a prod on NR? Additionally, can we get a prod on NSG assuming she hasn't posted in an hour? :D
This is a Parachute.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

@Almost: We will also accept you giving me a day-vig ability and leaving it to myself to murder one of them. It'll make the game fun, I promise.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

@A50 Hi :)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2245, Jingle wrote:
@50: can we get a prod on NR? Additionally, can we get a prod on NSG assuming she hasn't posted in an hour? :D
"Friendly prods" going out for both. Official prods (marked with an asterisk on the players list in post #1) go out on 72 hours of not posting, and have 24 hours deadline to respond.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2244, CheekyTeeky wrote:Like if you guys can tell me why sky/mcmenno are town that could help get me out of this tunnel because I don't see it.
Early meta townread is my only logic on the slot. The entire approach to this game is virtually the opposite of Sky's approach to NY214 where she was scum who nearly made it to endgame despite the SK townsiding hard. (The SK who happened to be town in this game). She had no reason to actively manipulate that meta because she pocketed TW so hard that he shot her when shooting town lost him the game and she was only caught at all through PoE.

The replace out/lurking was entirely null FMPOV because of the circumstances around it, including the attempted retraction of the replacement.

Your TMI tell is interesting, but ultimately I disagree with it. Not only because my slot is far more guilty (in looking at the surroundings of the sky TMI, I found a similar post by tw she responded to before said tell) of the tell than sky's, but also because I can easily see a reason for it to come from town.

All of that aside, I'm not going to dismiss Mennoscum as an option. It's possible you're right. I just don't think your tell is as damning as you think it is.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”