Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I mean it's pretty convenient that the only other person you scanned got lynched same day, so yeah.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Don't spend too much time on Google looking for something.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Toogeloo »

The hilarity of it is that your claim can't possibly clear Nico either. You said you scanned TPFKAP and saw the "HoB guys," which means you didn't see Dobson, which no reasonable person would be able to ascertain that a picture of HoB guys = Dobson, yet you claim with certainty that Nico is River.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Chickadee »

I got a trailer for the movie and another video solely about river and Simon.

I’m getting ready for work now but I’ll ask mod if I can share my exact results.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well if it was about River and Simon, why did you rule out Simon?

Seems weird. That role seems overly weird as well for a day ability.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Day flavor cop where people don't have flavor specifically because flavor is game breaking, making you basically a day cop?

I just jumped in without reading the context, so I'll go see where and why Chickadee claimed this...but it seems like a silly thing to claim on the face of it...as does claiming knowledge of Nico's flavor.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2289, Chickadee wrote:Thor I feel like you’re really focused on my lurking when I’ve told you guys I don’t have internet at the moment.
I'm not focused on your lurking.
I'm focused on your lack of content when you post.

When did you scan TPFKAP?
Date/time.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:35 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 2298, Chickadee wrote:I’m a setup where town doesn’t know their flavor, that’s extremely helpful. When porkens was getting run up I copped them. I got a picture of the HOB guys.
Can you quote the post where you even HINTED at knowing something like that? And why on someone that was gonna be lynched for being a horrible slot instead of, say, RR or NDS?

Because pulling a claim out your ass isn't a great idea.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:42 am

In post 2306, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2289, Chickadee wrote:Thor I feel like you’re really focused on my lurking when I’ve told you guys I don’t have internet at the moment.
I'm not focused on your lurking.
I'm focused on your lack of content when you post.

When did you scan TPFKAP?
Date/time.
To elaborate.

Date/Time of all action submissions, and date/time of the response received.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2303, Chickadee wrote:I got a trailer for the movie and another video solely about river and Simon.

I’m getting ready for work now but I’ll ask mod if I can share my exact results.
Oh, you mean like this:

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:09 am

SIDE NOTE: Dad made it through the surgery. Surgeons said he did very well.

At this point I'm basically certain Elsa is scum. This ties in with the post I made last night and I haven't talked with Cerb yet so I'm not quite there on dropping the whole thing on the table just yet.

While you guys wait a bit for that ... maybe take a look at our interactions with Flicker yesterday. Please don't SAY anything about them. Just go look so you'll be prepared for the later post. If you catch it, you may want to do some evaluation of your own. If you don't ... that's okay. I expect at least 2 or 3 of you will pick up on it though.

@Chickadee - You need to ask the mod what happens if a "lightning rod" action happens. Having a day ability
sometimes
is affected by things that happened during the night. I can think of some characters Toog could be other than River, but if I was going to give out a JOAT type role in this flavor, I can't imagine I would choose one of those characters OVER River. So it seems to me that one of three things has happened here:

1.) You are telling the truth but your action was drawn to Toog and you just outed yourself to confirm what was pretty obviously an honest claim.
2.) You're telling the truth. Toog is somehow a JOAT type with Lightning Rod who is NOT River (Jayne springs to mind as the most obvious second choice). That would make NR River ... but there's a lot of problems with believing that (will elaborate when I am allowed to).
3.) You're a liar liar pants on fire because Toog is almost certainly River and the only possibility that makes any sense for EJ's claim is Simon and you just claimed to save NR which makes you both scum. The crappy part is it's hard to distinguish 1 from 3 by testing NR instead of you.

* - The reason I say that EJ would be Simon (if being honest) is because it just fits. Simon is among the crew of Serenity but apart. He hires them for a job. He provides his services in exchange for protection. He is threatened repeatedly by Mal throughout the show. His only focus is on keeping his sister alive and safe for the vast majority of the story. Only by the time the movie is ending does that change; I would argue that it isn't until they're buying Mal time to make the broadcast and he takes a bullet (and lives ... thus "BP") for the cause that he finally displays that he's there for any reason OTHER than his sister.

And now I pose a question to you all, because there's a lot of flavor gaming going on despite the moderator clearly wanting the game to be played without flavor breaking it. (That obviously implies that if we all know who we are then a mass claim would obviously break the game). Are we angle shooting here? I mean ... the mod clearly doesn't want this game to be broken by flavor, but we're all trying to discern flavor because we now know from a scum flip that the flavor was redacted to prevent flavor breaking the game. Should we be doing that? Do we want to win that way?

That may seem like a frivolous question but it's not.

~Drixx
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Chara »

why would you use what seems like pretty legitimate flavour information on two slots that aren't really that useful to the game?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Chara »

and using a flavour cop on a slot that was likely to be lynched? in that situation i would let the slot die unless i thought they could be very useful, and cop someone i'm unsure about but could rely on if they turned up town. or someone who would be more difficult to catch if scum.
if not the first time, then the blatant alignment info you got for Porkens would have indicated this is basically a cop and you should pick your target more carefully.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

I generally do whatever i think raises my wincon chances that isn't cheating.
Discussing flavor is not cheating.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:34 am

In post 2311, Chara wrote:why would you use what seems like pretty legitimate flavour information on two slots that aren't really that useful to the game?
This is a bad argument. Copping inevitable mislynches is a reasonable move imo, because the value of the inno's goes up in that if you cop a strong player and get an inno, they weren't going to be getting lynched anyways. I get the arguments for copping the people driving the game, but still. I disagree that they're bad cop targets in and of themselves(though if one assumes lots of town vigs, just letting them get vigged is even better than copping them...still saves the mislynch. :P )

-Cerb
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Chara »

Drixx: good to hear about your father.
normally i enjoy talking about flavour, but as i don't know the flavour here i'm exceptionally indifferent.
in terms of gamesolving, i believe in using whatever resources there are available. if a Flavour Cop actually exists, it means Almost is fine with flavour being used and just wanted to make the game unbreakable by massclaim.
so the existence of Chickadee's role is, to me, an indicator of how the game should or should not be played.

pedit: Cerb, you're not the player i want to hear that from! :P
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2313, Thor665 wrote:I generally do whatever i think raises my wincon chances that isn't cheating.
Discussing flavor is not cheating.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Chickadee »

fuuuuck I had that all typed out. -___-

Here goes again.

I'm just going to paraphrase my role PM to the best of my ability instead of addressing every single thing because there's a lot of overlap of what people are wanting from me.

My official claim is Modified Day Flavor Cop. Once each day I can submit the name of someone and the mod will give me clues as to their flavor. Nothing is straight forward. It's all up to be deciphered. Hints could be something the character is associated with, or an event in the series where I interact with them, literally anything.

The videos I got when I copped Nico focused heavily on River. Simon was there too. But it was mostly people hunting River, Simon finding and saving River, River struggling with what's going on. All abut River. I suppose that could lead to Simon instead.

I copped when he was at L-2, so that if I had doubts I could try to save the wagon. I got the HOB image, and let it go through. I was astronomically busy in the real world toward the end of D1. But I was sure it was scum so I didn't say anything.

I don't really do hinting toward my role. In my experience, town doesn't pick up on it, and scum does, so I just kept it to myself yesterday.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Malakittens »

So if nico is river then she’s likely town.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Chickadee »

And @toog, just because YOU were a scum flavor cop doesn't mean all flavor cops are scum. That's just bad logic.

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:48 am

In post 2317, Chickadee wrote:fuuuuck I had that all typed out. -___-

Here goes again.

I'm just going to paraphrase my role PM to the best of my ability instead of addressing every single thing because there's a lot of overlap of what people are wanting from me.

My official claim is Modified Day Flavor Cop. Once each day I can submit the name of someone and the mod will give me clues as to their flavor. Nothing is straight forward. It's all up to be deciphered. Hints could be something the character is associated with, or an event in the series where I interact with them, literally anything.

The videos I got when I copped Nico focused heavily on River. Simon was there too. But it was mostly people hunting River, Simon finding and saving River, River struggling with what's going on. All abut River. I suppose that could lead to Simon instead.

I copped when he was at L-2, so that if I had doubts I could try to save the wagon. I got the HOB image, and let it go through. I was astronomically busy in the real world toward the end of D1. But I was sure it was scum so I didn't say anything.

I don't really do hinting toward my role. In my experience, town doesn't pick up on it, and scum does, so I just kept it to myself yesterday.
We still need the time you submitted the actions, and when you received the results.

Also...a bunch of River focused images could mean the target is HoB(note, you didn't see Dobson when you copped him, you saw HoB), OR Simon, OR The Operative, OR Jubal Early, OR River.

@Chara: Sorry. :( I did what I keep bitching at Elsa about, but I just can't stand people taking positions that are fundamentally wrong. :(
-Cerb
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:52 am

Post by Chara »

i understand, and i've done the same thing (less so now since i've gotten yelled at for it myself) but i want to know why Chick picked her targets. i said what i would do given what we know about the game, but her answer is important to me. none of that was "i don't trust you because i think your targets were suboptimal".
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Chara »

it's worth noting that it was impossible for HoB to die last night. i'm sure most of you already knew that, but i did forget so maybe someone else did too.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2322, Chara wrote:it's worth noting that it was impossible for HoB to die last night. i'm sure most of you already knew that, but i did forget so maybe someone else did too.
wow. as soon as i posted that i remembered it was two, not one.
so just ignore everything i say, i guess.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Still don't really like the reasoning THAT much, but for now I accept it. Personally I'd have checked me yesterday or today, but you do you.

Unless ascetic also stops day abilities, in which case that's very broken. But hey, that'll prove I'm ascetic.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”