Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Because day cops and flavor mysteries are boring, natch ;)
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 2429, CheekyTeeky wrote:Chick what did you recieve for Porkens that made you think he was scum? Did you get 1 or multiple pics and did they tell a story or was his character one of the pics?
One pic, of the HOB duo
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 2274, BuJaber wrote:
In post 2232, Jingle wrote:
Buj, could you elaborate a bit on your Menno is scum reasoning? Is it all wagon analysis, do you agree with CT's points, or is there some as yet unknown aspect to consider?
Menno fits in my scum pools based on earlier analysis. Of all the people who voted me he was particularly aggressive about it in a weird way. Like he sounded offended by me defending myself and lashing out - that's how scummy I was to him and I think that sort of bloodthirst is fake. He had just replaced in. He was sheeping your case and RR's which are bad cases imo. And there's not much gamesolving/explaining reads/giving cases going on from him in general.

I'm flip flopping a lot on cheeky but I do agree with her TMI thing. And it really gives her townpoints tbh. Now maybe she's wrong about Menno but I think she's absolutely right that given the scum role PM there was something fishy going on around all the unknown role talk. So there's a combination of me trusting my gut over my hesitation on cheeky and I agree with her regardless of whether or not menno himself is the scum.

She should definitely not dismiss chick and you from possibly scumslipping either.

Btw since you're so conversational with everyone.. do you know me by reading my games or have we played before? I don't know who you are.
What case have I made? I certainly havent expressed anything I'd view as a case, and I dont make bad cases(that is, the logic is ALWAYS good, but it is possible for me to attribute improper weighting to other factors, thus resulting in incorrect conclusions overall).
In post 2446, Jingle wrote:Aight Drixx, you can reveal whenever. I'm not particularly worried about delaying further.
Got it. Will ping him with this.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2451, Chickadee wrote:
In post 2429, CheekyTeeky wrote:Chick what did you recieve for Porkens that made you think he was scum? Did you get 1 or multiple pics and did they tell a story or was his character one of the pics?
One pic, of the HOB duo
And you got one pic of River for Nico?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Oh. A quick note: if HoB knew they had a traitor(not clear by HoBs flip),then a day flavor cop actually makes perfect sense for scum.

Is revealing it a good scum move? Probably not. Honestly not sure what to think of Chickadee here.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Malakittens (4):
Chara (2395),Flicker (2396),Nancy Drew Shogunate (2444),Elsa Jay (2445),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (3):
Thor665 (2092),Toogeloo (2175),McMenno (2197),
McMenno (2):
BuJaber (2082),CheekyTeeky (2272),
Not voting (7):
NicoRobin,Chickadee,Reasonably Rational,Malakittens,Gamma Emerald,northsidegal,Jingle (2402),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 2453, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2451, Chickadee wrote:
One pic, of the HOB duo
And you got one pic of River for Nico?
Nope. I got two videos.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Announcement
northsidegal has been prodded
(2nd prod)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

FoS: NSG

Kill it with fire.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2448, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 2437, Malakittens wrote:I just don't really see how a flavor day time cop is a town role. :|
I told Tora, I’m bored as f with this game and he said that it was still breakable by flavour, so I dunno. \_0_/
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by Chara »

Nancy, is there anything i can do to help you engage?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2460, Chara wrote:Nancy, is there anything i can do to help you engage?
I don’t think so. It’s not really the players, although Thor is making me not want to play. I caught scum!TPKAP because of her “witchhunt” comment. I make a post giving useful info about the lighting rod, try to figure out who HoB is by unfortunately misconstruing TPKAF role PM and get wagoned for it. Like, I should just lurk and coast and do nothing. :/

So, that’s the kind of thing that makes me not want to GAF about this game. If I wasn’t in a hydra, I’d probably replace out but I made a commitment to Tora and I honour my commitments.

But thanks anyway. <3
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2458, CheekyTeeky wrote:FoS: NSG

Kill it with fire.
I’m also okay with that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

:facepalm:

Sorry mod.
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Chara »

townreading NDS now.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:02 pm

In post 2382, Jingle wrote:
In post 2374, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2355, Jingle wrote:I'm going to wait for RR to explain himself before I answer that, CT.
I'm at work Jingles, and hadn't looked at any of the times she said yet, and was not aware of when the lynch happened because again, I had not looked anything up yet. If you'll note my entry to the thread today, I even said I was just jumping in and hadn't read up on the context of her claim yet(and I still haven't). I wanted to make sure she had times, which I was going to look at after I got off work/wasn't busy interviewing people at work.

I appreciate your catching that though, +1 for Jingle.

-Cerb
Well... This is the exact response that means I might be wrong, but RR is smart enough to know that, so...

Cerb didn't verify the time, despite being sure that timestamp slips can catch scum. The argument for this being a scumslip is that him NOT verifying means that he didn't think Chick was lying.

I can say with reasonable certainty that if Cerb and chick are both scum, it is of two separate scumteams. I'm also not really sure I buy the 'didn't check the timestamps yet' thing, given that he's posted 6 times? today.

Thoughts?
I mean ... you can ask people about my integrity and whether I would lie about real life for advantage in a mafia game. That said, I can tell you the following:

My dad had surgery today. He got out early afternoon and I finally got to talk to him around 5:30pm and then immediately had another obligation that went until nearly 11pm. I'm just now getting home.

I know from talking to Cerb briefly right after my dad got out of surgery that he was pretty tied up until at least 10pm my time. I know this because he is part of a DND group I DM for and we set up a webcam and mic at our LGS so he can see the combat layouts and interact with us. We were trying to arrange a side session for him because he missed this week and has some stuff he needs to accomplish apart from the rest of the group.

So ... today's real life for both of us explains why neither of us actually checked the time stamps yet.

Good looking out though. Like ... the way you went with this (at least up until the post I'm quoting) came off as SUPER town. Your read just got a Town++.

~D
Show

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 2452, Reasonably Rational wrote: What case have I made? I certainly havent expressed anything I'd view as a case, and I dont make bad cases(that is, the logic is ALWAYS good, but it is possible for me to attribute improper weighting to other factors, thus resulting in incorrect conclusions overall).
I thought you calling out my analysis and voting me was your first reaction and counts as a case before you started considering "bad town" alternative. Did I misremember? Don't backtrack now.

I didn't follow the connection between Chick and RR wrt the timestamps. Someone explain it?

I believe Chick is telling the truth about the role, timestamps, and confusion. It just doesn't prove that she's town.

I'm good with Menno or nsg.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Mala also
It would have felt good if I were right about her crumbing but there's no evidence she's town here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well since I’m gonna be pulling an all nighter tonight I’m gonna try to read some stuff
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay yeah enough stalling
Before I start I’m gonna put out an alignment metric so I don’t look stoopid
Town: Jingle, Toogeloo, NicoRobin
Townreads: Thor (rather than being a locked in read, this is a starting point for the read)
Scum: TPFKAP (probably means nothing)
3P: Elsa Jay
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1378, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 33, Malakittens wrote:
In post 15, Elsa Jay wrote:Well I tried.

Anyway, voting up a dude who claimed to be in a Masonry?

Now admittedly, because this is (probably) Multiball he COULD theoretically be scum. But voting him?

VOTE: Malakittens

Obviously you COULD be joking, but this seems like a decent start.
lets be real. rc is prob joking

why so serious?
I don’t like this response
So coming back to this, this is why I dislike this: it feels a little bit like Mala doesn’t want to have that sort of connection with RC. Maybe it’s more of a town thing, but until someone presents a decent logic for that being Town it’s scummy to me
<Embrace The Void>

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:16 pm

Town players: Look at your role PM. I want you to
LOOK
for now but make no comment in the thread yet. There are three potential outcomes to this, and the best one would be snagging multiple scum, so please bear with me.

Let's look at the sample Role PM and break it down into its components:

Greeting: Hello {Name}

Role Paragraph, broken into several parts:

1.) Character: You are {Redacted but revealed on flip or end of game}. <--- From TPFKAP's flip we see that scum actually know who they are and also get a very hard to miss warning that we do not.
2.) Flavor: A sentence that gives a bit of flavor but isn't really the role.
3.) Role: Role Mechanics

Win Condition

So ... that's the sample.

In the part of the role paragraph I numbered "2" above, there's something
very specific
in our role pm. I suspect that it exists for most/all of town. So ... go take a look. It should be wildly obvious to you if you have it. And as a reminder, I will point out that Flicker claimed having a Role PM that went from the redacted sentence
DIRECTLY TO THE ROLE NAME/MECHANICS
when asked.

So ... what next?

1.) Assuming the sample PM and our PM are representative, then those of you who are town are going to see what I'm talking about. The problem is that the moment any of us say it precisely (or one of us flips), then that bit of info ceases to be of any value, other than the obvious part where Flicker appears NOT to have it.

It seems very unlikely that we can catch anyone else out at this point, assuming this actually is the way I think it is. They're alerted now.

But maybe there is a way to perhaps catch someone or perhaps confirm some of you.

I suggest that I make a timer and people prepare a spoiler button answer to what they have and preview it to ensure it's correct and then have that copied and ready to go. When the timer expires everyone posts theirs (and we post ours). It will only be useful if someone tries to fake but doesn't have what we have and/or for the small few people who actually are willing to make a post in a very short window.

Maybe all it does is confirm us to people who have the same thing and give strong evidence of Scum!Flicker. Maybe we get more out of it. I dunno ... I thought about it all day and I couldn't think of a better way to leverage it.

But I do know that from the sample and from the setup spec that has gone on today that it's pretty likely most or all of you who are town with us have some variation of what we have immediately following the redacted character name part of the role PM.

Apologies if it's not super coherent. I'm going to go sleep now. I'll check back in a few hours and see if this made sense to people. I'm open to better ways to try and get +EV out of it but I think there's not many plausible ways really.

~Drixx
Show

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Post by BuJaber »

You're going to have to explain this more

1. How can you make sure everyone posts at the same time?
2. Are you suggesting we quote the wording of that part of the PM? because paraphrasing is not good enough for what you're trying to do.
3. Assuming you're not faking all of this or you're just an exceptional guesser, I think YOU have distinctly split your role PM into clear sections, but I think it is plausible that flicker's PM did not make it easy to distinguish between the flavor of the role and the role mechanics, and considered it to be one and the same. IF for example the name of the role (role not character) came in one sentence, and the mechanics description came in or continued in the next sentence, you would consider it one and the same.

Basically unless I'm misunderstanding you... this is an exercise in fuitility and if flicker is scum this is not a concrete way of catching her.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Also please point out to me where the flavor is in the sample role PM because I see nothing flavor related... it's literally you are [censored part]. You are a [role name]. [Mechanics].
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well I ended up getting sidetracked by laundry, but I will make progress tonight/today
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”