Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 2570, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2566, Malakittens wrote:My flavor is retracted also. I'm a 3rd party. In order for me to win I need a player to be lynched. if they are NK'd I lose the game. I'm also apparently full Bulletproof in order to help me survive to meet my win condition
So you're the bounty hunter or the operative. What happens if you meet your lyncher condition? Do you exit the game also?

~D
if i meet it I also exit. if they are NK'd I exit with a loss.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2573, Gamma Emerald wrote:So a Lyncher? Why would Lyncher have its flavor retracted?
i'd guess the flavour isn't scum?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Chara »

who do you need to lynch, Mala?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 2573, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2566, Malakittens wrote:My flavor is retracted also. I'm a 3rd party. In order for me to win I need a player to be lynched. if they are NK'd I lose the game. I'm also apparently full Bulletproof in order to help me survive to meet my win condition
So a Lyncher? Why would Lyncher have its flavor retracted?
yes a lyncher and I have no clue, but it's retracted.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2574, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 2555, CheekyTeeky wrote:VOTE: Ari

Welcome. Your predecessor played her scum meta, how do you plead?
Welp! You got me! XD

GG this was fun! :lol:
Man I'm good. *Blows recently fired finger pistol*
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 2577, Chara wrote:who do you need to lynch, Mala?
PM it's Reynolds. I believe either way claiming I'm sealing my death because if I understand the flavor right he's the leader of Serenity because I'm 100% sure that he's Nathan who plays Castle. I watched one episode of Firefly.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Anyways I mentioned I didn’t like the fact Elsa had a BP and a doc ability for another 3rd party which I called out. Apparently the BP is 1shot. So I have zero clue what the rest of Elsa’s condition is but I will say this those who have been pocketing him I wouldn’t trust him with a grain of salt. It’s jsur everyone seems to have pocketed him so me saying something is going against the majority

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

I mean ... yeah. That makes you the operative. The Bounty Hunter was after River. Maybe some outside chance you're Niska, but someone else is more probable for Niska so ...

Also ... it feels a little weird to have a lyncher in the game. The way the game is constructed, the player who is Mal almost certainly doesn't know that they are unless A50 made an exception and gave them a lot of explanation. But ... being given that extra instruction would put said player on the watch for something like you're claiming so ... yeah. You gotta just randomly hope whomever got that role gets mislynched?

Like ... I guess there's nothing for it. I'll wait a bit for folks to process, but I don't see any EV in letting you live. You're not on our side and have every reason to try and lynch town reads. If you happen to be alive later and Mal eats it, we have an unexpected numbers change. That makes it hard to have any idea where we stand.

I'm sure you can make all the arguments yourself. You know what happens next. Ka.

~D
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:56 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Pretty much I was guaranteed a loss this game, which was one of the reasons I wasn’t really bothering too much to actually play since i didn’t want to put a lot of effort into a game that I was most likely going to lose. I was excited for the game and even excited that the site maybe moved away from a meta in order to make a game not breakable by flavor but it seemed like it really hasn’t

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by Malakittens »

So I’m glad we are going to let Elsa live who is claimed 3rd party who I’m sure hasn’t said everything in the role PM but planning on saying fuck it lets lynch you. Yeah please explain to me how that’s fair because it’s not

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by Jingle »

Seems like a waste of a lynch, tbh.
This is a Parachute.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Even if it’s a number game. Town is in a good position. We had one scum lynch. We didn’t have a NK. Granted do we not know how many scum there is but right now town isn’t in such a bad position

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

We have a lot of claims considering only one person has died and they were scum lol.

Do we consider letting mala live in favour of lynching scummier slots like Ari / McMenno or do we lynch her anyway to prevent more claims?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I still don’t understand why Chick claimed but that’s just me

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I feel chick is towny on tone, particularly when she gets annoyed. I also see no reason for scum to claim in that role in that position.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I don’t really either. I was thinking if schm didn’t have day talk but I believe I read they do

So yeah I’m kinda town reading Chick. Just the claim timing is off imo

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by Jingle »

Mala living encourages scum to shoot in the PoE pool because none of our claims make sense as mal and killing two people not of their faction is better than one. Also, if we get super ahead we can just lynch mal to give her the mutual win towards the endgame.

Also lyncher for mal is totally scarlet, not the operative.
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

That's a good point. Hopefully people are onto it enough to unwagon mala and jump on someone more decent. *coughAricough*
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2568, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2562, Chara wrote:
In post 2559, Reasonably Rational wrote:So I figure at this point the damage is done so I might as well point out what we have. Either A50 just thought we needed some extra special sentences or else most/all town also have some extra flavor they weren't considering flavor since it's a lead in to their role explanation.
ehhh i.... don't believe any damage had been done until you were unnecessarily explicit.
what does outing this help? you're already town and you won't be lynched.

what's done is done i suppose.
One of two things is true:

1.) All town have some flavor transition into their role mechanics.
2.) Not all town have it. Perhaps only us.

If 1 is true, then any town flip gives scum what I posted (and the day almost ended before I had a chance to post at all). If 2 is true, then there's nothing to learn from the role PM construction that's useful for game solving.

In all cases, my misplay earlier this day phase already alerted all scum that the warning they got about us having redacted role names was not sufficient for them to fake a town role PM ... at least not with 100% security. That means we only have what came before that post to work with in terms of that, given that it was just too implausible for us to arrange a time where town would drop in an answer to the question within 5-10 seconds so it couldn't be quoted and quickly stripped of bad tags by scum.

And even then since timestamps are to the minute, it would have required me to post every 10 seconds or something to note the time passage.

A lot of trouble for ... at best it would have given some near confirms and broken the game in a way the mod didn't want. So ... eh. I kinda shat the bed on this one honestly.

~D
Ours is a six word appositive, so doubt they’re all the same at this point. Also, I can’t remember how but I do know it’s possible to set up time stamps to show seconds. Someone told me how once but I can’t remember exactly who. Just in case you want to figure that out for the future.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by Jingle »

All, saffron, not scarlet. I had to look that up to remember her “real” name.
This is a Parachute.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 2594, Jingle wrote:All, saffron, not scarlet. I had to look that up to remember her “real” name.
Yeah ... Saffron wasn't ever any actual threat to Mal. The Operative would have killed him if not for the war wound. Of the two ... the operative is the one who actually had a true purpose in going after him, while Saffron was just a grifter who showed up repeatedly.

Malakittens does make a good point.

As far as EJ goes: Jay is
absolutely
good enough to make that claim as scum and pull it off. And as town. Cerb and I spent some time talking about it already and ultimately we feel like that slot is just going to resolve itself within a couple phases. If it doesn't, then it has to eat rope for all the reasons already stated.

At this point it's probably actually more EV than I thought to leave Malakittens around. There were two slips in that post and even as much as I respect Mala and believe that could have been staged, it and the following posts are just too dead on exactly what to expect if we're seeing honesty. So scum can try and find Mal and know they get an extra kill out of it which bypasses the swing mechanic ... or they can come after one of a few of us who are probably on their list. It's not great but it's more than a pile of slots are offering right now.

I need sleep but I would suggest we find a better lynch target.

~D
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2591, Jingle wrote:Mala living encourages scum to shoot in the PoE pool because none of our claims make sense as mal and killing two people not of their faction is better than one. Also, if we get super ahead we can just lynch mal to give her the mutual win towards the endgame.

Also lyncher for mal is totally scarlet, not the operative.
I was initially against Mala living but this argument is pretty convincing. Plus personal bias tells me to give the 3p a chance rather than screaming it down.
UNVOTE:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:43 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Ahh .. so I was right about Mala crumbing but not right about the exact role / alignment.

@Toog - yes I'm suggesting you vote Menno, or at least asking if you would consider lynching Menno.

I mean if NDS is scum it gives townpoints to chara but don't expect me to throw away my entire read on the slot just like that. I don't think NDS flips scum.

So that's 3 claimed 3p... we can't keep all of them alive forever unless we lynch scum like every day because scum have a better chance of shooting down all the town now.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:07 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Jaber, that's only 2 3p. Your basic counting skill is off.

Unless that's you CCing Mala in a weird way.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:34 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 2584, Malakittens wrote:So I’m glad we are going to let Elsa live who is claimed 3rd party who I’m sure hasn’t said everything in the role PM but planning on saying fuck it lets lynch you. Yeah please explain to me how that’s fair because it’s not
In post 2595, Reasonably Rational wrote: -snip-

Malakittens does make a good point.

As far as EJ goes: Jay is
absolutely
good enough to make that claim as scum and pull it off. And as town. Cerb and I spent some time talking about it already and ultimately we feel like that slot is just going to resolve itself within a couple phases. If it doesn't, then it has to eat rope for all the reasons already stated.

~D
Even mentioning the word "Neutral" brings me up again in discussion. And this all happens when I gotta work an early shift at work now. Sigh.

To Mala: Well, you
did
admit to not trying as hard as a 3p with such an ability. Being jealous of a fellow "Neut" seems sad when I dont even screw with your wincon.

Plus it seems some of the town wants to lynch elsawhere so you're fine for now. Why thrower shade at me in particular if not only out of jealously though?

To Drixx: Thanks for the praise and semi-threat in the same paragraph. Always makes my heart tingle with joy. I'll be sure to "resolve" everything for everyone when the right time comes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”