Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

If you want my top 5 group-scum read now that Mala is out, from highest to lowest:

1: Menno (just didn't like Sky's stuff)
2: Jaber
3: Ari
4: NDS
5: Toog (may be fucking with Investigators)
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Jingle »

Actually, there's no reason for me not to, so I'm just gonna do that.

Jingle: I'm Wash. No one wants to kill the guy with the little plastic dinosaurs. That would literally be the saddest part of the whole game. :P
EJ: Townsiding 3P Doc. Nuff Said.
Mala: :shifty:
Chick: Potential for townclears high. Potential for guilties higher.
NR: I'll admit, there is still some doubt in my mind that the claimed videos mean she's Simon/River. If there is a convincing reason down the line that she is neither she should be turbolynched because the only other thing I see those videos possibly alluding to is that she's HUNTING Simon/River. Still, potential clear buys her time before she needs to be sorted.
Toog: Use of power last night.

Assuming one of those town'clears' is right, that means we have at least 3 scum in the remaining 10 players. Based on the strength of my reads at the moment, I feel very confident in our ability to lynch scum out of those ten players. If any more 3rd parties would like to come forward and claim, it increases those odds further.
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I feel like this post raises nsg's scum equity
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:12 am

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Malakittens (5):
Chara (2395),Nancy Drew Shogunate (2444),Chickadee (2517),McMenno (2535),Toogeloo (2539),
McMenno (3):
BuJaber (2082),CheekyTeeky (2609),Flicker (2613),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (1):
Thor665 (2092),
Not voting (7):
NicoRobin,Reasonably Rational,Malakittens,Aristophanes,Jingle (2402),Elsa Jay (2547),Gamma Emerald (2596),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:25 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Jingle don't you think RR is cleared based on revealing part of his role PM?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:25 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Also didn't you say Flicker as priest is town cleared?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Jingle »

Not mechanically, no. That is a subjective read, which I am explicitly not giving at the moment.

Mostly to better hide who may or may not be my mason partner so that the scumz can't kill them.
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:28 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

That's essentially 8/16.

Which reduces it further down for us. If you think there are at least 3 group scum (I'm thinking at least 4 - 2 Hob and 2 alliance) then we're looking pretty good.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:29 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Oh ok well with your hidden partner that's 9/16. And if I'm right about numbers then we've got this in the bag. Would be great to get a lynch going now.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Jingle »

Dobson is Alliance, so it's probably 3 Reavers/Niska and 2 HoB. Which, yeah, means we're really likely to hit scum if even some of the town have obvtowned.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2627, Chara wrote:because we think the role is unfair? is that how we're playing mafia now?
BTW, because I just thought of this and it made me smile:

My philosophy for third parties is best summed up in the words of Matron Mama Morton:

"Ask any of the chickies in my pen
They'll tell you I'm the biggest mutha hen
I love them all and all of them love me
Because the system works, the system called reciprocity"
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:33 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ari when can we expect some posts from you? Anything we can help you with like links to main events etc?
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Chickadee »

UNVOTE:
Forgot to unvote earlier.

I can do a POE list when I'm not teaching a class. I'll do it tonight.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

2 and a half hours have past... The Elsa is bored ATM.

She will now post a picture of her kid self to marvel in her own glory.

Please enjoy the adorableness as I plan on who to murder next with my voting prowess.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2610, Elsa Jay wrote:Dang it Cheeky make up your mind. Menno or Ari?

Oh yeah, hey Ari. Been awhile. Glad to see your doing well.
It sure has! I wasn't sure you were still around!
This is a nice surprise :)
In post 2614, Jingle wrote:If anyone else is 3p, claim now or eat rope when run up. I have proven my willingness to work with you. If you don’t prove your willingness to work with me, your claim will be ignored after today.
Why so worried about 3P players?
In post 2602, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2499, Elsa Jay wrote:Claims this game so far-

Elsa: Neutral Doc (Ascetic BP)
Flicker: Priest
Toog: Lightning Rod
Chickadee: Day flavor cop (who says Robin is River/Simon)
Jingle: Mason
Mala: Lyncher who flavor target is "Mal"

I'm keeping this as a reminder for later.
I need this in my Iso.
Funny, I figured my flavour would be River/Simon. I am especially intrigued now!
Also, we only have 1 result from Chicka despite it being D2? Why is that?
Elsa, you're Ascetic
AND
BP??? That's interesting.
In post 2618, Toogeloo wrote:You guys realize that Malakitty will never be night killed unless we have a town vigilante do it, right? She's scum who works better with Mafia than he does with Town. She also directly opposes our town wincon, so she needs to be lynched at some point for us to even win the game, nothing like Elsa's wincon. She has no positive town utility, like Doctor. She's been extremely weak on activity, and has made no promise to pick it up. Why even entertain keeping her alive?

Should we just mass claim at this point and pick the worst power among us to lynch? We've had 2 ridiculous claims so far, what are we even waiting for at this stage?

(And no, Jaber, I am not interested in voting Menno).
Riiiiight because a Neutral BP Ascetic Doctor isn't hiding
anything
and it totally probably not an Alliance Doctor or anything like that :roll:
Also Mala will be dealt with at some point. Low priority for now I think.
Also also, NO! We are not massclaiming and killing "useless powers!" Holy shit that suggestion is bad and scummy!!!
You get a
BIG FAT FOS
for this shit XD

OMG Chara is here!!! <3
In post 2623, Chara wrote:
In post 2591, Jingle wrote:Mala living encourages scum to shoot in the PoE pool because none of our claims make sense as mal and killing two people not of their faction is better than one. Also, if we get super ahead we can just lynch mal to give her the mutual win towards the endgame.

Also lyncher for mal is totally scarlet, not the operative.
why would we ever lynch Mal on purpose just to give Mala her win?
like i'm all for fun and fair play but playing to one's wincon is a thing. there is never a time i'm wasting a mislynch to get a 3p their win, unless we have mod-confirmed scum numbers and a guilty on the last scum.

and thinking that scum would purposely shoot in our PoE instead of in players they can't mislynch just for a bonus kill on a 3p that isn't a threat to them is just a really weird way to think abouy the nightkill.
So Much This!
Thank you for being a reasonable voice! =D
Just one of many reasons why I love ya!

Okay, one page done!
You guys are good at packing in content! I've gotten so used to fluffy games, Imma have to actually, like, play in this one! XD
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2634, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2633, Chara wrote:your claimed single BP. :>
Shhhh....

Anyway, I'd also rather we still try and find killing scum then anti-town 3p like Mala. And we have many more options, like perhaps Ari if he doesn't feel like catching up. We also got other less suspicious slots that could use some investigating.
In post 2635, Chara wrote:Ari would be my preference too, but i want to give him some time to do some work here if he's town.
Wow guys, thanks for the warm welcome! XD
In post 2636, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah
I think not just pressuring Ari might be for the best if he is town
At least this guy gets me! <3

Jingle reads really weirdly thus far and while I can't put my finger on what, I know it's off in some way. I'm gonna keep an eye in that direction!
In post 2641, Jingle wrote:Is anyone else getting the feeling that having specifically me (the guy who wants 3rd parties to win all games with 3rd parties) might be messing up the balance of this game a little?
Uggh ew. Like, I am a huge propogator of 3p wins and always hope for 3p roles because I love them despite their rarity. But like, honestly why are we so focused on 3p instead of groupscum (which there obv is because of the traitor flip). Jingle Y U fee so weird!? This can't be off vibes because Masons because I haven't read enough to get a mason read on you! I just, bleh. Your posts sound so wrong.
In post 2644, Chickadee wrote:At work, it's a busy busy day. Just checking in to say I'm ok with postponing the Mala lynch, but Mala doesn't live long. I alos don't want other 3p to claim if there are any. It just narrows the pool for scum.

Also if anyone else is BP, please stop claiming it. BP shots should be trying to draw shots, not claiming it so people don't wast shots (specifically scum).

I realize some of us have different priorities, but for the love of god, stop climing BP so early.
I agree that BPs need to stop claiming because WTF, but I also want to note that the more 3p who claim the narrower our pool is for hitting scum too. While I'm not advocating for more 3p plaims, I don't think it hurts us.
In post 2646, Jingle wrote:
In post 2644, Chickadee wrote:At work, it's a busy busy day. Just checking in to say I'm ok with postponing the Mala lynch, but Mala doesn't live long. I alos don't want other 3p to claim if there are any.
It just narrows the pool of scum.

Also if anyone else is BP, please stop claiming it. BP shots should be trying to draw shots, not claiming it so people don't wast shots (specifically scum).

I realize some of us have different priorities, but for the love of god, stop climing BP so early.
FTFY.

Agree on the no point. Optimal play for mala was to claim something powerful for town that makes sense as mal in order to draw the nightkill.
Og, Jingle had the same point. Hmm...maybe we
can
get along :P

Ohey done with 106 Good work guys!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2652, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I feel like this post raises nsg's scum equity
lol.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2650, Elsa Jay wrote:If you want my top 5 group-scum read now that Mala is out, from highest to lowest:

1: Menno (just didn't like Sky's stuff)
2: Jaber
3: Ari
4: NDS
5: Toog (may be fucking with Investigators)
I guess I'll take the centre spot. Wtf did NSG do before I got here!? I thought she was the queen of Obvtowning! XD
In post 2649, Jingle wrote:If necessary, I can give the list of players who I believe mechanically should not be the lynch for today. It's specifically subjective reads that I'm avoiding giving out right now.
In post 2651, Jingle wrote:Actually, there's no reason for me not to, so I'm just gonna do that.

Jingle: I'm Wash. No one wants to kill the guy with the little plastic dinosaurs. That would literally be the saddest part of the whole game. :P
EJ: Townsiding 3P Doc. Nuff Said.
Mala: :shifty:
Chick: Potential for townclears high. Potential for guilties higher.
NR: I'll admit, there is still some doubt in my mind that the claimed videos mean she's Simon/River. If there is a convincing reason down the line that she is neither she should be turbolynched because the only other thing I see those videos possibly alluding to is that she's HUNTING Simon/River. Still, potential clear buys her time before she needs to be sorted.
Toog: Use of power last night.

Assuming one of those town'clears' is right, that means we have at least 3 scum in the remaining 10 players. Based on the strength of my reads at the moment, I feel very confident in our ability to lynch scum out of those ten players. If any more 3rd parties would like to come forward and claim, it increases those odds further.
Ooooooh shit you're Walsh!? Well dan. That makes the Mason claim fucking really believable. GDI! Now I have to townread you :(
Nico Robin is, well concerning actually with the way you phrase this :S
Why is Lightning Rod a good clear for Toog!? That seems misguided.

@Toogaloo
Are you a BP of sorts?

I know this goes against my previous statements on the matter but this one actually makes a huge difference okay!

Out of curiosity, is this Mathblade's VoteCounter at work? This is the first time I've seen it in action!
In post 2654, CheekyTeeky wrote:Jingle don't you think RR is cleared based on revealing part of his role PM?
Reasonably Rational is here!? This keeps getting better!
What did they release? It's not in the claims post.
In post 2661, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ari when can we expect some posts from you? Anything we can help you with like links to main events etc?
Have I done enough? XD
I'll probably note things in Iso read-backs but I am not reading the majority of this so if there's stuff I'm missing please point it out :)
In post 2663, Elsa Jay wrote:
2 and a half hours have past... The Elsa is bored ATM.

She will now post a picture of her kid self to marvel in her own glory.

Please enjoy the adorableness as I plan on who to murder next with my voting prowess.
D'aww
Murder away! XD
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I messed up my tags, please excuse the extra post...
In post 2667, Aristophanes wrote:
@Toogaloo
Are you a BP of sorts?

I know this goes against my previous statements on the matter but this one actually makes a huge difference okay!
- Jingle
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ari I suggest skimming RR's Iso as it will take a few posts to get it (bottom third of ISO). To sum it up:

RR came into today saying they thought they caught a scumslip Day 1 when they were interacting with Flicker around Flicker's priest claim.
They said the scumslip was that Flicker missed a bit of flavour before her role that town role PMs should have. I don't believe this is true as Flicker mentioned something that she would've only known if she had that said bit of flavour in her role.
RR revealed their bit of towny flavour from their role PM. Which made it sound very much like they are the character Inara.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2669, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ari I suggest skimming RR's Iso as it will take a few posts to get it (bottom third of ISO). To sum it up:

RR came into today saying they thought they caught a scumslip Day 1 when they were interacting with Flicker around Flicker's priest claim.
They said the scumslip was that Flicker missed a bit of flavour before her role that town role PMs should have. I don't believe this is true as Flicker mentioned something that she would've only known if she had that said bit of flavour in her role.
RR revealed their bit of towny flavour from their role PM. Which made it sound very much like they are the character Inara.
I just learned what a Priest role does after 3 years of playing mafia :O
Thanks MS Wiki! XD

Ohh okay, I'll give that a read!
Inb4 Priest is Book tho, that seems reasonably rational! :P
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

They have like 200 posts....

I'll just take your word on the claim stuff :)
- Jingle
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Loool. What does your role PM say just before you are told your role?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2672, CheekyTeeky wrote:Loool. What does your role PM say just before you are told your role?
Is this a rolefish or is there a good reason?

I don't know my flavour other than the ship I am part of the crew of.
- Jingle
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Well if you weren't reading RR's slip I thought I'd ask as it could pseudo confirm you as town. It's hard to know if you had read it or not although if you are scum you would have a team tell you to say something along those lines.

Was worth a shot.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”