Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

In post 2724, Chara wrote:when you say you weren't impressed with Menno's posts, do you mean you actively find any of them scummy, or you just don't find them particularly towny?
I thought they sounded scummy. Most of them were surface level in analysis and a lot of posts saying x players should die. It was weird to me that they seemed almost angry and kind of knee-jerky in their responses. I’m a huge believer in reading off of tone and obviously didn’t find any issue with Sky’s but Menno’s seemed kind of off to me. I’m still trying to reconcile why my Sky and Menno reads could be so different. Sky didn’t do too much but nothing was really off but I get a bad vibe off of Menno’s posts.

It’s confusing when you get different players with completely contrasting playstyles in slots, so I’m trying to figure out if I was wrong on Sky or letting my own personal playstyle bias affect my read on Menno. I’ll go find some of the posts that pnged me.
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 am

In post 1622, McMenno wrote:
In post 1619, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1615, Skygazer wrote:
@AP if you haven't found a replacement I can come back if you're willing to let me cancel my replacement. I approached my boss about my work schedule today and he's cutting me some slack going forward since it's my recital semester.
In post 1617, McMenno wrote:I have been tasked with replacing into this game. why I accepted? maybe because I'm a masochist. who are the scum?
... This is awkward.l
it's only awkward if you make it so!
In post 1626, McMenno wrote:well, I hope I'm not dead by the end of this game
In post 176, Malakittens wrote:
In post 174, Chickadee wrote:
In post 166, Elsa Jay wrote:Isn't Reavers from Mass Effect?

He picked the wrong Sci-fi series.

Also, my attempt at getting out of the early stages clearly gave us SOMETHING. Now what people make of it is up to them.
No there are reavers here too....and I do not believe them to be town.
have games changed to the point now that they are unbreakable by flavor?
this post pings me. I'm up to that page.

cheekyteeky and northsidegal are also not vibing well with me up to that point.

I will now head to bed and read up more tomorrow, since I was already doing that when almost sent me the pm
In post 2198, McMenno wrote:and I would request cheekyteeky to stop spreading fake news about me or have their team shoot me tonight
In post 2236, McMenno wrote:sorry I'm not really "in" to well like, life, right now

my reads are about as solid as a jelly pudding

I don't have any hard townreads

mala, nsg, cheeky, the other n shogunate??? are all like. bad. kill them
I dunno, just doesn’t seem to have a lot of thought processes into his reads. Maybe not townie over scummy?

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:33 am

P.edit. He in esssence has strong reactions, is somewhat defensive and doesn’t really explain too much of his reasoning. Like saying, he doesn’t have strong reads but X players should die, is kind of ugh to me and why did Mala’s flavour post ping him? He never really explained that. It doesn’t read to me like he has any interest in solving the game and is perfectly fine with lynching whomever so long as it’s not him. He also shades a few players with either bad reasoning or none at all. So, is he scum? I have no clue but I see nothing townie in his ISO.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:43 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2723, Jingle wrote:Thor not even in the top ten of superheroes.

Also congrats to the both of ye and your SOs.
:o he's in my top 3. /end friendship.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

Announcement
NicoRobin has been prodded

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2728, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2723, Jingle wrote:Thor not even in the top ten of superheroes.

Also congrats to the both of ye and your SOs.
:o he's in my top 3. /end friendship.
Not even the best God themed superhero.

Marvel's Ares, way cooler.
This is a Parachute.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

if your going God Theme, SHAZAM! has been a particular favorite of mine.

(Shameless DC over Marvel fan here)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2721, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2717, Aristophanes wrote:Also also Congrats Thor and Cheeky!! =D
Lol just to clarify I wish I was marrying Thor he's the best superhero and all but alas I'm marrying a lovely mere mortal. Thanks! :)
:lol: :lol:
My phrasing sometimes is just shit XD

Congrats to both of you and your respective mere mortals!
Also, Thor is probably the third best Avenger. Well...that's tough to say. He had by far the best individual movies in the series but Cap is simply the best and I have a soft spot for Hulk. They did bring in the Guardians tho and like, they are pretty awesome! But do they count as avengers?? Hmm... I need to think about this.
Oh Shit and then there's Dr. Strange and his amazingness! He almost Rivals Cap for first spot!
GDI!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2731, Elsa Jay wrote:if your going God Theme, SHAZAM! has been a particular favorite of mine.

(Shameless DC over Marvel fan here)
Flashpoint Shazam > Regular Shazam > Thor

Marvel is usually better than DC character wise though.
In post 2732, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 2721, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2717, Aristophanes wrote:Also also Congrats Thor and Cheeky!! =D
Lol just to clarify I wish I was marrying Thor he's the best superhero and all but alas I'm marrying a lovely mere mortal. Thanks! :)
:lol: :lol:
My phrasing sometimes is just shit XD

Congrats to both of you and your respective mere mortals!
Also, Thor is probably the third best Avenger. Well...that's tough to say. He had by far the best individual movies in the series but Cap is simply the best and I have a soft spot for Hulk. They did bring in the Guardians tho and like, they are pretty awesome! But do they count as avengers?? Hmm... I need to think about this.
Oh Shit and then there's Dr. Strange and his amazingness! He almost Rivals Cap for first spot!
GDI!
To the best of my knowledge, none of the GotG have ever joined the Avengers. Worked with a few times, but never joined.
Also, pretty sure that Dr. Strange only ever joined the Defenders, and his function there was as a glorified taxi most of the time.

But yeah, Caps in the Illuminati and all of the Illuminati is better than Thor. Assuming of course we ignore the recent "Cap's really a Nazi!" storyline, cause that was pretty awful.

And... we should probably save this discussion for the post game or GD or something.
This is a Parachute.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Right! Of course! No derailing the game Ari! XD
Though yeah, the "Cap is a Nazi" shit is dumb and bad lol

Uhh...so I am gonna look at game stuff I guess.

BuJaber had something for me so Imma go read that in more detail.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2702, BuJaber wrote:@Ari - sorry I'm on the phone (like 99% of my posts are phone posts usually) .. so I will split up my response in multiple posts so I don't f up the quoting.
In post 2639, Jingle wrote:Literally, our best case scenario is lynching one of the HoB and having the other get shot overnight. This reduces the odds that anyone of the other faction dies at night (which they're likely to be happy with), so the other scumteam wants this as well. Therefore, we should be lynching not Mala, because by virtue of the claim, she is almost certainly not HoB. Additionally, if any other 3rd parties come out of the woodwork right now, it narrows down our chances of hitting them and aims our lynch at groupscum. Groupscum is the real threat here. Anyone who can win with us is secondary at worst and never needs to be considered at best.
In this post (post 2639) Jingle states clearly why we should not lynch 3p, why more 3p claims are good for us, and why it's +EV for town to shoot outside of the claimers pretty much.
I'm not sure what HoB is short for but otherwise I agree with this post of Jingle's
In post 2703, BuJaber wrote:
In post 2641, Jingle wrote:Is anyone else getting the feeling that having specifically me (the guy who wants 3rd parties to win all games with 3rd parties) might be messing up the balance of this game a little?

You had an issue with this post of hers, saying that it's off because she's so focused on 3p. This post came after 2639, meaning if you read this one you read 2639.
They are still focusing on 3Ps even if it's not to get them killed. 3Ps are not our focus.
In post 2704, BuJaber wrote:
In post 2665, Aristophanes wrote:Og, Jingle had the same point. Hmm...maybe we can get along
Only at this point, when you quoted 2646, did you supposedly realize that you are rehashing her idea.

Your post is therefore weird because it implies your point was original. It also shows you sort of shading Jingle then realizing she is stating the same point you are, but if you were reading the posts in the correct order you would have known this anyway.
I mean, I wrote it and then continued reading. I did not read ahead so even if it was the next post, I didn't see it until i reacted to it. My thought was my own, even if it had been stated previously.
- Jingle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2735, Aristophanes wrote:I'm not sure what HoB is short for but otherwise I agree with this post of Jingle's
HoB is short for Hands of Blue. They're confirmed to be a 2 man scum team with a traitor via the traitors flip.

Flavorwise, the traitor was a member of the Alliance and the Hands of Blue are the wetwork team of Blue Sun, which means the Alliance and Blue Sun are working together this game and any additional scumteams are flavored around other factions. Like the Reavers or Niska's crew.
This is a Parachute.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2736, Jingle wrote:
In post 2735, Aristophanes wrote:I'm not sure what HoB is short for but otherwise I agree with this post of Jingle's
HoB is short for Hands of Blue. They're confirmed to be a 2 man scum team with a traitor via the traitors flip.

Flavorwise, the traitor was a member of the Alliance and the Hands of Blue are the wetwork team of Blue Sun, which means the Alliance and Blue Sun are working together this game and any additional scumteams are flavored around other factions. Like the Reavers or Niska's crew.
Ooooooh! No Shit! =D
A50 is doing great work then! I Love it!!!

Okay so ya, with HoB and possible other factions there's no way we should be worried about 3P roles. f they can win without harming us fine. If they claim I'm not gonna jump on them at all!

We then have 2 claimed 3P roles, a flipped traitor, 2 HoB scum, possibly Reavers and Niska, and who knows what else.
That's a minimum 5/17 antitown with a likely promise of 2-4 more right? We probably only have 9 town/Serenity members, which I just checked and is exactly the number of crew there were! Part of this theory is because of how the Wincons are written. There is no majority win for scum, because town is starting with just over half the players! It actually makes sense for us to hep 3P roles because it is a harmless way of getting rid of them, since their wincons are not game ending!

This setup is fascinating! :)
- Jingle
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Malakittens »

So is nico actually ever going to play?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

@)Humble request to Almost: if Robin doesnt post game-relevant content in say 24 hours, I feel a replacement is necessary considering all the prod dodges with no real content from the slot.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2733, Jingle wrote:Marvel is usually better than DC character wise though.
As a huge Marvel Fanboy, I actually have to disagree. I think DC is much better at telling individual character stories, but Marvel does a much better job at stories in general and working the team angle. I love X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four way more than I like Justice League for example, but I think that Batman and Superman are way better characters than any individual member of said teams. That being said, I love Spider-Man and Punisher and find them to be the best stand-alone Marvel Heroes, and on par (or better in some instances) than most of the stand-alones of DC.

---
Now can we get on with a lynch. I'm bored.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2739, Elsa Jay wrote:
@)Humble request to Almost: if Robin doesnt post game-relevant content in say 24 hours, I feel a replacement is necessary considering all the prod dodges with no real content from the slot.
If at least 8 players request the force replacement of the slot based on them not actually playing the game then I will.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Or we can just flash wagon the slot and be done with it all together. We've been pussy footing around all day, had plenty of "shady" players in sights, and for whatever reason no one cares to actually seal the deal on anything.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: NicoRobin

Let's go. Kill it with Fire and Brimstone. Charge! All aboard who's comin' aboard. They can take away our lives, but they can never take away our freedom. Rock, sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper.

Hoozah.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Jingle »

*cough*Superman isn't a character*cough*
This is a Parachute.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 2742, Toogeloo wrote:
Or we can just flash wagon the slot and be done with it all together. We've been pussy footing around all day, had plenty of "shady" players in sights, and for whatever reason no one cares to actually seal the deal on anything.
Going for the slot Chickadee is saying could be clear RN is a horrible decision, but getting someone who'll be useful to town or basically scare the scum into killing the slot from prior experience with said player is much better then a hang.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Toog what's wrong with McMenno and NDS as lynches today?

Pedit superman sucks.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

You put WAY too much faith in Chichadee's claim.

I'll totes do a NDS lynch, but c'mon, we all know how this is going to go. We'll get the wagon to -2, something'll get said, everyone will jump off, and we'll reconvene here again in 2 days.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

To put it bluntly, I have zero faith in this town to make a decision today at this rate.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Toog wtf

I have a potential clear on the slot.

@Mod, I am in favor of replacing the slot
Instagram: BoneSpellArts