Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

My longass catchup posts are on page 107.

In post 2602, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2499, Elsa Jay wrote:Claims this game so far-

Elsa: Neutral Doc (Ascetic BP)
Flicker: Priest
Toog: Lightning Rod
Chickadee: Day flavor cop (who says Robin is River/Simon)
Jingle: Mason
Mala: Lyncher who flavor target is "Mal"

I'm keeping this as a reminder for later.
In post 2637, Jingle wrote:
In post 2627, Chara wrote:eliminating anyone not of their faction is what scum want to do. a lyncher on a town target can only ever scumside
Actually, this is untrue.

Mala wants to lynch specifically Mal. (God, that is gonna get annoying fast.)

Outside of that, her next preferred lynch target is: Scum with a nightkill. She actively wants every non Mal town player to stay alive, because the longer that is true, the more likely it is that Mal doesn't get shot. See how that is not scumsiding? Good. I know it's not explicitly townsiding either, but she is definitely not going to scumside because she loses the game if they win before she exits.

Additionally, the spec says that we have exactly 9 town players. That means, given multiple KPN, that we are very quickly going to approach an untenable position unless scum crosskill or cross target. It also means that we can fairly easily determine when it is likely all of the groupscum are dead. If we have more 3rd parties that we can accomodate without having to push them into scum's camp, I'm all for taking advantage of it. If we're at a point in the game where we can give an additional player the win without jeopardizing our own chances, I'm all for it.

To counter Toog's claim that lynching Mala is confirmably lynching two non town on what is effectively D1, that is true enough. But, more importantly, lynching Mala is not lynching group scum. It also doesn't decrease the KPN. And, and this is by far the most important part: We don't have to lynch Mala to win. We're getting damn close to a PoE here off of claims. If we can narrow down scum and just lynch down the line, we don't ever have to lynch Mala to win. If Reynolds flips, we don't have to lynch Mala to win. We DO have to lynch the group scum to win, unless we get super lucky on crosskills. They are a bigger threat, therefore we prioritize dealing with them. We should definitely be aiming to lynch group scum.

As far as scum wanting to take out more bodies? Yeah, that's still definitely a thing. Mala actively wants to lynch scum. They will shoot town, town being shot is how she loses. Therefore, Mala is a threat to scum. Removing threats is how scum wins. As scum, you don't leave a serial killer alive because he might shoot town. You kill the serial killer because he might shoot you. Chickadee is obviously the bigger threat, but she's also obviously a better Doc target. Scum can't afford to miss kills when we have this many probtown. EJ is a decent choice for a scumkill just so he can't protect anymore, but the bp screws all kinds of hell with that logic. Objectively, the best kills here are in obvtown like me, power roles with the possibility of confirming town, like Chick, and people who represent multiple votes that want to lynch scum, like our dear unidentified Captain. ANY chance that scum will shoot for the last (and incidentally might hit other scum) is worth saving.

And, finally: Mala can explicitly win with town given her Role. She cannot be a game ending Lyncher (the reason not to leave Lynchers alive under normal circumstances is to prevent them from screwing the town by being an exclusive wincon lyncher).

Because the dots are fairly easy to connect from there, we do not have a serial killer in this game. The serial killer wincon is incompatible with the rules.
(I must have hard skimmed this because I had some of the same revelations about a page ago and just realized I reiterated a few things lol)
In post 2737, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 2736, Jingle wrote:
In post 2735, Aristophanes wrote:I'm not sure what HoB is short for but otherwise I agree with this post of Jingle's
HoB is short for Hands of Blue. They're confirmed to be a 2 man scum team with a traitor via the traitors flip.

Flavorwise, the traitor was a member of the Alliance and the Hands of Blue are the wetwork team of Blue Sun, which means the Alliance and Blue Sun are working together this game and any additional scumteams are flavored around other factions. Like the Reavers or Niska's crew.
Ooooooh! No Shit! =D
A50 is doing great work then! I Love it!!!

Okay so ya, with HoB and possible other factions there's no way we should be worried about 3P roles. f they can win without harming us fine. If they claim I'm not gonna jump on them at all!

We then have 2 claimed 3P roles, a flipped traitor, 2 HoB scum, possibly Reavers and Niska, and who knows what else.
That's a minimum 5/17 antitown with a likely promise of 2-4 more right? We probably only have 9 town/Serenity members, which I just checked and is exactly the number of crew there were! Part of this theory is because of how the Wincons are written. There is no majority win for scum, because town is starting with just over half the players! It actually makes sense for us to hep 3P roles because it is a harmless way of getting rid of them, since their wincons are not game ending!

This setup is fascinating! :)
(This is the post where I reiterated some things...)

The rest is where Nico replacement train started and Toog looked scummier than they already did. That's only 2 pages and I recommend at least trying to read that much :P
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by Tails »

Crap. Now I need to read some ISOs, cause stuff isn't adding up. Need to double check, but I think I spotted a thing.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Tails »

Curse you Ari for making me actually work on this! If I'm right, Jingle is not town.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Toogeloo (5):
Aristophanes (2761),Elsa Jay (2765),CheekyTeeky (2779),Chickadee (2780),Gamma Emerald (2792),
Malakittens (2):
Nancy Drew Shogunate (2444),McMenno (2535),
McMenno (2):
BuJaber (2082),Flicker (2613),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (2):
Thor665 (2092),Toogeloo (2774),
Gamma Emerald (1):
Chara (2710),
Not voting (4):
Tails,Reasonably Rational,Malakittens,Jingle (2402),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Tails »

Does anybody know what "Overkill" means? Was it explained in the sign up thread or has anybody thought to ask?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2801, Tails wrote:Crap. Now I need to read some ISOs, cause stuff isn't adding up. Need to double check, but I think I spotted a thing.
In post 2802, Tails wrote:Curse you Ari for making me actually work on this! If I'm right, Jingle is not town.
Ooooo! You've got my attention piqued =D

I am going to bed, but I look forward to whatever you find :)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2804, Tails wrote:Does anybody know what "Overkill" means? Was it explained in the sign up thread or has anybody thought to ask?
It is merely the name of this series of games. A50 intends an Overkill 2, and probably many others :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I mean, I don't think it has any significance past that.
- Jingle
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2802, Tails wrote:Curse you Ari for making me actually work on this! If I'm right, Jingle is not town.
Are you sure you want to do this?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 2808, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Lol
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Wtf is a chaotic neutral
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2810, Malakittens wrote:Wtf is a chaotic neutral
DnD (and I assume other RPG) alignment. It works out hilariously though in this game with all the Neutral claims :lol:
- Jingle
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 2810, Malakittens wrote:Wtf is a chaotic neutral
It means "Screw you! I do what I want!"
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 2808, Gamma Emerald wrote:

And yes. Yes I do. The worst that happens is that I find Jingle's ISO boring.
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

Why? Isn’t trying to get HoB lynched over 3Ps townie?

Oh anyway, forgot to do this earlier.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Mecmenno
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:56 pm

In post 2803, ruru wrote:
votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Toogeloo (5):
Aristophanes (2761),Elsa Jay (2765),CheekyTeeky (2779),Chickadee (2780),Gamma Emerald (2792),
Malakittens (2):
Nancy Drew Shogunate (2444),McMenno (2535),
McMenno (2):
BuJaber (2082),Flicker (2613),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (2):
Thor665 (2092),Toogeloo (2774),
Gamma Emerald (1):
Chara (2710),
Not voting (4):
Tails,Reasonably Rational,Malakittens,Jingle (2402),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
Toog is the lead wagon, now? I need to read up on this.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 2814, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:Isn’t trying to get HoB lynched over 3Ps townie?
I'm checking some timing stuff related to that post. It might not be as weird as I thought. His thought process on 3p is kinda really strange, though. I need to reread it and see how it looks in context. This may be an issue of Jingle's style changing since I last saw him in action. There's also a flavor element of the claim I'm having issues with, but it's probably nothing and shouldn't be taken into account. ISO read should resolve all of this.

It's just...2 pages...
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:00 pm

I thought he was LR?

Are people thinking either his claim is fake or scum LR?

*confused*

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:02 pm

In post 2816, Tails wrote:
In post 2814, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:Isn’t trying to get HoB lynched over 3Ps townie?
I'm checking some timing stuff related to that post. It might not be as weird as I thought. His thought process on 3p is kinda really strange, though. I need to reread it and see how it looks in context. This may be an issue of Jingle's style changing since I last saw him in action. There's also a flavor element of the claim I'm having issues with, but it's probably nothing and shouldn't be taken into account. ISO read should resolve all of this.

It's just...2 pages...
Well, if it helps, I have meta with the worst - Jingle’s predecessor who I read as town.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Tails »

LR?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Tails does it make a difference to know that Jingle has claimed Mason and Gamma has just now confirmed he is the other Mason?
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:07 pm

In post 2800, Aristophanes wrote:My longass catchup posts are on page 107.

In post 2602, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2499, Elsa Jay wrote:Claims this game so far-

Elsa: Neutral Doc (Ascetic BP)
Flicker: Priest
Toog: Lightning Rod
Chickadee: Day flavor cop (who says Robin is River/Simon)

Jingle: Mason
Mala: Lyncher who flavor target is "Mal"

I'm keeping this as a reminder for later.
In post 2637, Jingle wrote:
In post 2627, Chara wrote:eliminating anyone not of their faction is what scum want to do. a lyncher on a town target can only ever scumside
Actually, this is untrue.

Mala wants to lynch specifically Mal. (God, that is gonna get annoying fast.)

Outside of that, her next preferred lynch target is: Scum with a nightkill. She actively wants every non Mal town player to stay alive, because the longer that is true, the more likely it is that Mal doesn't get shot. See how that is not scumsiding? Good. I know it's not explicitly townsiding either, but she is definitely not going to scumside because she loses the game if they win before she exits.

Additionally, the spec says that we have exactly 9 town players. That means, given multiple KPN, that we are very quickly going to approach an untenable position unless scum crosskill or cross target. It also means that we can fairly easily determine when it is likely all of the groupscum are dead. If we have more 3rd parties that we can accomodate without having to push them into scum's camp, I'm all for taking advantage of it. If we're at a point in the game where we can give an additional player the win without jeopardizing our own chances, I'm all for it.

To counter Toog's claim that lynching Mala is confirmably lynching two non town on what is effectively D1, that is true enough. But, more importantly, lynching Mala is not lynching group scum. It also doesn't decrease the KPN. And, and this is by far the most important part: We don't have to lynch Mala to win. We're getting damn close to a PoE here off of claims. If we can narrow down scum and just lynch down the line, we don't ever have to lynch Mala to win. If Reynolds flips, we don't have to lynch Mala to win. We DO have to lynch the group scum to win, unless we get super lucky on crosskills. They are a bigger threat, therefore we prioritize dealing with them. We should definitely be aiming to lynch group scum.

As far as scum wanting to take out more bodies? Yeah, that's still definitely a thing. Mala actively wants to lynch scum. They will shoot town, town being shot is how she loses. Therefore, Mala is a threat to scum. Removing threats is how scum wins. As scum, you don't leave a serial killer alive because he might shoot town. You kill the serial killer because he might shoot you. Chickadee is obviously the bigger threat, but she's also obviously a better Doc target. Scum can't afford to miss kills when we have this many probtown. EJ is a decent choice for a scumkill just so he can't protect anymore, but the bp screws all kinds of hell with that logic. Objectively, the best kills here are in obvtown like me, power roles with the possibility of confirming town, like Chick, and people who represent multiple votes that want to lynch scum, like our dear unidentified Captain. ANY chance that scum will shoot for the last (and incidentally might hit other scum) is worth saving.

And, finally: Mala can explicitly win with town given her Role. She cannot be a game ending Lyncher (the reason not to leave Lynchers alive under normal circumstances is to prevent them from screwing the town by being an exclusive wincon lyncher).

Because the dots are fairly easy to connect from there, we do not have a serial killer in this game. The serial killer wincon is incompatible with the rules.
(I must have hard skimmed this because I had some of the same revelations about a page ago and just realized I reiterated a few things lol)
In post 2737, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 2736, Jingle wrote:
In post 2735, Aristophanes wrote:I'm not sure what HoB is short for but otherwise I agree with this post of Jingle's
HoB is short for Hands of Blue. They're confirmed to be a 2 man scum team with a traitor via the traitors flip.

Flavorwise, the traitor was a member of the Alliance and the Hands of Blue are the wetwork team of Blue Sun, which means the Alliance and Blue Sun are working together this game and any additional scumteams are flavored around other factions. Like the Reavers or Niska's crew.
Ooooooh! No Shit! =D
A50 is doing great work then! I Love it!!!

Okay so ya, with HoB and possible other factions there's no way we should be worried about 3P roles. f they can win without harming us fine. If they claim I'm not gonna jump on them at all!

We then have 2 claimed 3P roles, a flipped traitor, 2 HoB scum, possibly Reavers and Niska, and who knows what else.
That's a minimum 5/17 antitown with a likely promise of 2-4 more right? We probably only have 9 town/Serenity members, which I just checked and is exactly the number of crew there were! Part of this theory is because of how the Wincons are written. There is no majority win for scum, because town is starting with just over half the players! It actually makes sense for us to hep 3P roles because it is a harmless way of getting rid of them, since their wincons are not game ending!

This setup is fascinating! :)
(This is the post where I reiterated some things...)

The rest is where Nico replacement train started and Toog looked scummier than they already did. That's only 2 pages and I recommend at least trying to read that much :P
In post 2743, Toogeloo wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: NicoRobin

Let's go. Kill it with Fire and Brimstone. Charge! All aboard who's comin' aboard. They can take away our lives, but they can never take away our freedom. Rock, sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper.

Hoozah.
This is a bad vote, if Nico is River.

I don’t know anything about the setup but this.

https://firefly.fandom.com/wiki/Hands_of_Blue

The "Hands of Blue" were a pair of mysterious men, who wore suits and blue gloves. They were contractors to the Union of Allied Planets and were in pursuit of River and Simon Tam. Anyone who had any form of contact with River, even Alliance personnel, was killed without mercy with the use of a sonic device that induces massive bleeding from every orifice.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:13 pm

In post 2819, Tails wrote:LR?
In post 2095, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:Wow, no kills. So Toog as LR may explain it. However if EJ was on Cheeky, that probably points to more than one protective in the game. Since Toog had to have been doc’d since he clearly didn’t claim bp.

Lightning Rod
Lightning Rod
Alias:
Magnet
Alignment:
Pro-Town
Role type:
Manipulative
Passive
Negative Utility
Choice:
Night
The Lightning Rod passively redirects every Night Action to itself. This includes the Mafia's kill as well as all investigations, protections, and so forth.

In games with at least one protective role, this essentially makes the game Nightless until the Lightning Rod dies for whichever reason. Otherwise, this functionally makes the Lightning Rod the designated Night 1 Mafia kill while rendering all other power roles worthless during Night 1.

Lightning Rods are most often, but not necessarily, pro-Town. Perhaps also see Suicidal.
However if Toog is actually a scum LR, then that probably means my town doc theory was wrong.

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Lightning Rods basically always have modifiers. Did they claim unlimited?
- Jingle
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:23 pm

In post 1906, Toogeloo wrote:The TPFKAP lynch will basically be a policy lynch considering his flip will be almost entirely informationless.

...and people gave me a hard time for saying we should lynch the third party player.
In post 2743, Toogeloo wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: NicoRobin

Let's go. Kill it with Fire and Brimstone. Charge! All aboard who's comin' aboard. They can take away our lives, but they can never take away our freedom. Rock, sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper.

Hoozah.
What made you suddenly be in favour of policy lynches?

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”