Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:39 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2868, Toogeloo wrote:The biggest fundamental flaw with Chickadee's claim is that it requires someone familiar with the flavor to interpret it. Imagine signing up for this game with zero flavor knowledge. Maybe you just liked the player list or something. And then the mod tells you that you have to figure out your own reults based on random images.Tha's game solving inside of game solving, Inception levels of difficulty
this isn't a problem with the claim. flavour knowledge is important for this game, i can guarantee it.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Post by Chara »

if Toog's scum then i think he used his LR in a protown way on purpose. i don't know. i did agree with him on lynching Mala earlier but he's kind of just bouncing between lynches that might work at this point.

still think Tails slot is more likely scum than not even with Chick's flavour result.
also Cheeky: Tails knows about the scum TMI so i'm not sure he townspewed with the crumb thing.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 2871, Chara wrote:
In post 2869, Tails wrote:P-edit: I'm pretty sure scum Chickadee would just claim a definitive flavor. No one can say otherwise, and if she fake claims on other scum, they're not going to say anything.
have you read your role PM, Tails?
Yes.
In post 2874, Chara wrote:
In post 2871, Chara wrote:
In post 2869, Tails wrote:P-edit: I'm pretty sure scum Chickadee would just claim a definitive flavor. No one can say otherwise, and if she fake claims on other scum, they're not going to say anything.
have you read your role PM, Tails?
actually need to be more specific. why would scum Chick claim a definitive flavour when that in itself is highly suspicious?
Because I couldn't confirm one way or the other, and myself and others would think she was town.

Especially me. Definitely me. She's town. I'm grabbing the laurel wreath and downing the wine.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:51 pm

Post by Chara »

if she claimed a certain flavour for you and was wrong, it's possible your role wouldn't match the flavour. there are still some ways to check.
i actually know mine, somewhat. and by know mine i mean i have two good guesses. :>

i do think she's probably town regardless of that, though. and she could have claimed a definitive alignment rather than a definitive flavour, like she did with Porkens.
though it's important to note that her role being real isn't really alignment indicative. i'm townreading her emotionally.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by Tails »

I'm good with her living today. I can assess her alignment later in real time.
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

In post 2878, Chara wrote:if she claimed a certain flavour for you and was wrong, it's possible your role wouldn't match the flavour. there are still some ways to check.
i actually know mine, somewhat. and by know mine i mean i have two good guesses. :>

i do think she's probably town regardless of that, though. and she could have claimed a definitive alignment rather than a definitive flavour, like she did with Porkens.
though it's important to note that her role being real isn't really alignment indicative. i'm townreading her emotionally.
Agreed, Chick was one of my strongest townreads before she ever claimed anything.
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:02 am

Post by Tails »

J100

@Jinglebells: Is this techy talk a new thing with you?

Also not sure how you missed the "You'd be lying to yourself" comment when going over BJ. I literally stopped when reading your ISO and said "Say what now?".
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:59 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Me campaigning for a new player worked out perfectly. And even a player with a Chaotic Neutral heart like mine? Almost just gave me an early Christmas present.

Also, highly recommended to not read my ISO because it's long and fluffy. Go ahead if you want some laughs and a better read on me tho.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:04 am

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Toogeloo (4):
Aristophanes (2761),Elsa Jay (2765),Chickadee (2780),Gamma Emerald (2792),
McMenno (4):
BuJaber (2082),Flicker (2613),Nancy Drew Shogunate (2814),CheekyTeeky (2867),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (1):
Thor665 (2092),
Malakittens (1):
McMenno (2535),
Gamma Emerald (1):
Chara (2710),
Chickadee (1):
Toogeloo (2872),
Not voting (4):
Tails,Reasonably Rational,Malakittens,Jingle (2402),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:17 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 2875, Chara wrote:
In post 2868, Toogeloo wrote:The biggest fundamental flaw with Chickadee's claim is that it requires someone familiar with the flavor to interpret it. Imagine signing up for this game with zero flavor knowledge. Maybe you just liked the player list or something. And then the mod tells you that you have to figure out your own reults based on random images.Tha's game solving inside of game solving, Inception levels of difficulty
this isn't a problem with the claim. flavour knowledge is important for this game, i can guarantee it.
seems like it, since this game seems to have been half broken already by flavour already.

so the "unclaimed lynch pool" is between like four or five people currently? but now there's a toogeloo wagon as well. is that based purely on setup spec or because reads?

since malakittens is apparently third party

VOTE: ari
mafiascum is on life support
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Chara »

read Toog's recent ISO.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:31 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

I voted Toog because he's being an asshat and he tried too hard day 1 to "softclaim". His example of
LOOKIE HERE AT ME LET ME GET ATTENTION
seemed too forced anyway. Plus he is literally Mason hunting.

Now does thay explain the no kill if LR is a fake claim? Well if the scum hit Mala, me or Cheeky then yeah. Or even the mafia have a fraction chance of hitting like the sample role showed.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:41 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm pretty sure he's a Lightning Rod. I don't think it's a town one.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:49 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2886, Elsa Jay wrote:Plus he is literally Mason hunting.
Yep, sorry, I'll try not to game solve in the future. I should have just posted that in the mafia pt.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:54 am

Post by Chickadee »

I voted Toog because of a read. Most of their ISO, even going back to D1 has not been pro-town.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:56 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2887, Aristophanes wrote:I'm pretty sure he's a Lightning Rod. I don't think it's a town one.
I'm sorry for the quiet night 1.

You're right though. I'm a Bulletproof Ninja Godfather Lightning Rod. Used my ability Night 1 with very little info to go on, and open claimed it start of the day knowing all my passives woul protect me from unknown roles.

I do have a second use, but it can't be used back to back nights. Maybe they'll get me next time.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Chara »

what's keeping me from jumping on Toog is... what the heck is scum Toog's angle? he's doing things i don't agree with, but it would take a major lack of self-awareness for scum Toog to continue to make enemies with the playerlist like he has been.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:22 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Honestly so many people go after the "too scummy to be scum" Angle that it can almost be justified to be openly scummy. WIFOM and all that.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 am

Post by Chara »

that's a valid criticism if you have reason to believe that's what Toog is doing.
TPFKAP was kind of openwolfing though, but i'd chalk that up to either not caring too much about the game or traitor-signaling. traitors usually are fine with being scummy for that reason and because they can't win by themselves anyway, but the latter doesn't apply here i suppose.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Pretty sure it's the height of insanity to lynch Toog today.

Also pretty sure it's the height of insanity to assume Nico/Tails is River, given that our only evidence of Chickadee's ability working did not result in an image of the persons role, but of people associated with them.

Honestly, I'd be more inclined to think Chickadee should look at the information she received, and see who *doesn't* show up at all in her clues, among the people I listed as individuals for whom a river clue would be appropriate.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:36 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2894, Reasonably Rational wrote:Also pretty sure it's the height of insanity to assume Nico/Tails is River, given that our only evidence of Chickadee's ability working did not result in an image of the persons role, but of people associated with them.
i think i've said this twice already, but yes.
Chick says it's an indirect clue (Tails being River would mean Almost gave a very direct clue), and Porkens wasn't shown as his real role either but as an association.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:40 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2890, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 2887, Aristophanes wrote:I'm pretty sure he's a Lightning Rod. I don't think it's a town one.
I'm sorry for the quiet night 1.

You're right though. I'm a Bulletproof Ninja Godfather Lightning Rod. Used my ability Night 1 with very little info to go on, and open claimed it start of the day knowing all my passives woul protect me from unknown roles.

I do have a second use, but it can't be used back to back nights. Maybe they'll get me next time.
:lol: :lol:
I like you :)

Nonconsecutive 2-shot makes a boat load more sense. My problem now is which crew member that works as, and that's where my second issue lies, the first being overall play.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Chickadee »

I will admit it might not be river, but the tone of the videos I got was very focused on river, and very focused on saving. Not hunting. Could be Simon. Still town.

And there's a line in my role pm that says the hints are things that I am involved in somehow definitely make me think a crew of the Serenity.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

About to get on a plane for the honeymoon.
Not thrilled by the wagon options currently, but I suppose I also have 7 days before deadline so probably at least 24 hours before a L-1 methinks :lol:
In a pinch I''d go...McMenno right now...I get the frustration with the Toog slot, but my suspicion is that it's more of playstyle decisions rather than explicit scum intentions.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2897, Chickadee wrote:I will admit it might not be river, but the tone of the videos I got was very focused on river, and very focused on saving. Not hunting. Could be Simon. Still town.

And there's a line in my role pm that says the hints are things that I am involved in somehow definitely make me think a crew of the Serenity.
fine not lynching Tails today with this, at least.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”