Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:57 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2922, Reasonably Rational wrote:If you aren't ignoring her claim, you should be explaining why it's more likely that the results she received point at Tails being River/Simon over the other options, in spite of evidence to the contrary.
Oh, I think it's almost certain she's River/Simon/HoB.

I just also think the possibility that the slot is the only reasonable protective role for town (an easy deduction from "Simon") makes it a really tempting shot for scum of the opposite team. I'm like 90% sure the slot isn't River, btw, given that River is the best possible match flavorwise to two other claimed roles, and one of the two possible mason pairs. All of which are highly likely to flip.

I far and away support lynching in the questionmark roles (NDS, Menno, Toranaganate,
maybe
Chara) over either townreads or those slots likely to be shot. It's multiball.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Jingle »

Also, Chara is in my townreads list right under Cheeky, but I could maybe lynch there based on the power of PoE.

I fully expect there to be 1-2 scum in Toog, Tails, Chick, Flicker. I'd rather let those slots be handled by the likelihood of crosskilling or townflavors being made impossible if possible.
This is a Parachute.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 2925, Jingle wrote:
In post 2922, Reasonably Rational wrote:If you aren't ignoring her claim, you should be explaining why it's more likely that the results she received point at Tails being River/Simon over the other options, in spite of evidence to the contrary.

I just also think the possibility that the slot is the only reasonable protective role for town (an easy deduction from "Simon") makes it a really tempting shot for scum of the opposite team. I'm like 90% sure the slot isn't River, btw, given that River is the best possible match flavorwise to two other claimed roles, and one of the two possible mason pairs. All of which are highly likely to flip.

I far and away support lynching in the questionmark roles (NDS, Menno, Toranaganate,
maybe
This is not a compelling argument for not lynching the slot.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Malakittens »

id be town to finally lynch the NDS slot which i wanted to from the very beginning
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:26 pm

In post 2928, Malakittens wrote:
id be town
to finally lynch the NDS slot which i wanted to from the very beginning
PFFT YOU'LL NEVER BE TOWN AND YOU KNOW IT.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Malakittens »

i know makes me sad.

ill just be this 3rd party role thats aligned with herself. seems like the story of my life. its me and only me :[
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

3rd party is awesome tho. Oh, we can still be friends Mala, no worry about that. Just let it be known you are also the one I'm using as a Get out of Lynch free card for a day when they start wanting to kill off the Neuts.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2927, Reasonably Rational wrote:

maybe

-Cerb
The argument that I'd prefer scum kill him to town killing him, or the argument that his alignment becomes a known quantity given a Simon flip?

Because I'm totes down to leave him alive
tonight
on the basis that he might be Simon. Which incidentally, was the basis for leaving the slot alive
tonight
when I posted my (Don't lynch these mechanically) list.

If you have an argument that doesn't largely rely on 'It's a PoE lurker slot' I'd be glad to hear it. Til then I think "There is at least one scum team to whom that slot looks like a very appetizing kill because it has a high expected value to be a protective role" is a good reason not to lynch that slot
today
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Jingle »

VOTE: McMenno
This is a Parachute.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:47 pm

In post 2932, Jingle wrote:
In post 2927, Reasonably Rational wrote:

maybe

-Cerb
The argument that I'd prefer scum kill him to town killing him, or the argument that his alignment becomes a known quantity given a Simon flip?

Because I'm totes down to leave him alive
tonight
on the basis that he might be Simon. Which incidentally, was the basis for leaving the slot alive
tonight
when I posted my (Don't lynch these mechanically) list.

If you have an argument that doesn't largely rely on 'It's a PoE lurker slot' I'd be glad to hear it. Til then I think "There is at least one scum team to whom that slot looks like a very appetizing kill because it has a high expected value to be a protective role" is a good reason not to lynch that slot
today
No, I mean the argument that scum will even bother attempting to kill them. I find that unlikely, and without that point in their favor...better to get rid of them.

Plus they could totally be The Operative or Jubal Early and thus a SK type role, so removing them lowers the KPN of the game.

-Cerb
Show

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2934, Reasonably Rational wrote:Plus they could totally be The Operative or Jubal Early and thus a SK type role, so removing them lowers the KPN of the game.
This, actually, is a point in favor of why they would be shot.

From scum who is not aligned with them's position, they're either probably a town protective, or another scumteam. Obviously, they'd prefer to shoot the town protective, but if they take out a member of an unaligned faction then it's not bad news for them because that's one less potential incoming bullet. The more unaligned scum teams there are (which, if you're right and the role is unaligned scum, that number is likely to be very high) the better the option of shooting other unaligned scum becomes.

Besides, that fails to address the issue that I don't think it's MORE likely for NR/Tails to be scum than say Menno or NDS. Just similarly likely. And it is MORE likely to be shot.

Also, KPN on town, at least for tonight, can be presumed to be 2.
This is a Parachute.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

McMenno (6):
BuJaber (2082),Flicker (2613),Nancy Drew Shogunate (2814),CheekyTeeky (2867),Chara (2905),Jingle (2933),
Toogeloo (3):
Elsa Jay (2765),Chickadee (2780),Gamma Emerald (2792),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (1):
Thor665 (2092),
Chickadee (1):
Toogeloo (2872),
Aristophanes (1):
McMenno (2884),
Tails (1):
Reasonably Rational (2914),
Not voting (3):
Tails,Malakittens,Aristophanes (2912),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well, if we're going with the McMenno wagon, the next 2 votes on it has to be Toog and Mala before the wagon is at L-1

Mala: because theyre legit a Lyncher who'll need to quickhammer to win.

Toog: because he openly said he is going to hammer anyone at L-1 because he thinks we're "pussyfooting" and stuff.

Otherwise we can consider it at L-1 now.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:01 pm

Hmm.

Why are we lynching menno again?

-Cerb
Show

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Because Jaber made it so we wouldn't murder him instead. And Toog is going full blown crazy.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 pm

In post 2931, Elsa Jay wrote:3rd party is awesome tho. Oh, we can still be friends Mala, no worry about that. Just let it be known you are also the one I'm using as a Get out of Lynch free card for a day when they start wanting to kill off the Neuts.
You and Mala should play this game the way Cerb and I played in Protomen. We were a 3rd party faction with a partner who could win with the town (which you can do, and mala can
maybe
do if we power through scum quickly enough). We realized immediately that we could win with the town only if we won fast, and we nailed it.

Sometimes 3rd party really can play for town's win con. We certainly did with every intent (and success) right from the start of that game.

So ... do the same and we won't ever have to rope you to avoid you choosing the easy win if the game goes to a kingmaker or M/LYLO situation.

~D

P.S. - The chances that NR dropped in the "2" crumb and somehow isn't HoB are drastically low. Hands of Blue. Two by two. Since we have our character redacted, there's no way that NR did that as a River crumb. Tails did a good job trying to salvage the slot, and even avoided the Amished tell ... but it's still the most probable slot we have to be scum,
and
the flip acts as a check on Chick.
Show

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Jingle »

I literally just realized the value of crumbing HoB as HoB. I feel dumb.

VOTE: Tails
This is a Parachute.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by Flicker »

In post 2941, Jingle wrote:I literally just realized the value of crumbing HoB as HoB. I feel dumb.
Care to explain it to me, then?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2923, Jingle wrote:If Gamma got shot overnight, for example, CT and RR would have been good possibilities for the scum who shot him.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't overtly townread him/make it obvious if I were scum.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2914, Reasonably Rational wrote:Oh, also.

This needs to die. If this doesn't die, then you're all bad and you should feel bad.

-Cerb
I wish you were voicing this opinion before he literally shat on me for being stupid. Speaking of, I don't think it's a coincidence that the two most useless town clears are aggressive and in ??? Territory relative to the other town clears.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2925, Jingle wrote:I'm like 90% sure the slot isn't River, btw, given that River is the best possible match flavorwise to two other claimed roles
This was a hidden reason behind my push. I didn't really want to bring it to anyones attention in case noone else had noticed.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Yeah ok I'm down with this. Glad I wasn't just being dumb.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2940, Reasonably Rational wrote:P.S. - The chances that NR dropped in the "2" crumb and somehow isn't HoB are drastically low. Hands of Blue. Two by two. Since we have our character redacted, there's no way that NR did that as a River crumb. Tails did a good job trying to salvage the slot, and even avoided the Amished tell ... but it's still the most probable slot we have to be scum, and the flip acts as a check on Chick.
how long were you sitting on that one in your PT? :>
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2942, Flicker wrote:
In post 2941, Jingle wrote:I literally just realized the value of crumbing HoB as HoB. I feel dumb.
Care to explain it to me, then?
They had a traitor that didn't know their identity. If we assume that they were told their traitor wasn't told their identity, then signalling to them that NR was HoB would mean that the traitor could actually protect them.
This is a Parachute.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:37 pm

In post 2947, Chara wrote:
In post 2940, Reasonably Rational wrote:P.S. - The chances that NR dropped in the "2" crumb and somehow isn't HoB are drastically low. Hands of Blue. Two by two. Since we have our character redacted, there's no way that NR did that as a River crumb. Tails did a good job trying to salvage the slot, and even avoided the Amished tell ... but it's still the most probable slot we have to be scum, and the flip acts as a check on Chick.
how long were you sitting on that one in your PT? :>
When did I first tell the game that the slot was almost certainly scum? Before that, obviously. :-)

~D
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”