Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Jingle »

I'm pretty sure everyone but Flicker can hammer. It'd be weird if we had multiple priests. :P
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2959, Jingle wrote:In case both GE and I die tonight, Thor has high equity to be the other HoB.
?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3024, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2940, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2931, Elsa Jay wrote:3rd party is awesome tho. Oh, we can still be friends Mala, no worry about that. Just let it be known you are also the one I'm using as a Get out of Lynch free card for a day when they start wanting to kill off the Neuts.
You and Mala should play this game the way Cerb and I played in Protomen. We were a 3rd party faction with a partner who could win with the town (which you can do, and mala can
maybe
do if we power through scum quickly enough). We realized immediately that we could win with the town only if we won fast, and we nailed it.

Sometimes 3rd party really can play for town's win con. We certainly did with every intent (and success) right from the start of that game.

So ... do the same and we won't ever have to rope you to avoid you choosing the easy win if the game goes to a kingmaker or M/LYLO situation.

~D

P.S. - The chances that NR dropped in the "2" crumb and somehow isn't HoB are drastically low. Hands of Blue. Two by two. Since we have our character redacted, there's no way that NR did that as a River crumb. Tails did a good job trying to salvage the slot, and even avoided the Amished tell ... but it's still the most probable slot we have to be scum,
and
the flip acts as a check on Chick
Huh?
If Tails flips Jayne, we can go: "Wait, wtf? How would videos of Simon and River lead to Jayne?"
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3026, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2959, Jingle wrote:In case both GE and I die tonight, Thor has high equity to be the other HoB.
?
Operating under the assumption that Tails is HoB, Thor pushed TPFKAP over Nico pretty hard, when the summation of both cases was "They're lurking". It's why I initially was interested in him.

Preflip associatives and all that, but if the current RR theory is correct, it's worth noting. And we might both die.

If Tails flips town, we can't both die, because only one town will be able to be killed tonight.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Jingle »

Sorry, I kinda gave up on explaining my tinfoils in the mason thread for now, because I don't see a reason to hide them at the moment.
This is a Parachute.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Tails (5):
Reasonably Rational (2914),Jingle (2941),CheekyTeeky (2946),Flicker (2952),BuJaber (3012),
McMenno (3):
Nancy Drew Shogunate (2814),Chara (2905),Chickadee (2988),
Toogeloo (2):
Elsa Jay (2765),Gamma Emerald (2792),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (1):
Thor665 (2092),
Chickadee (1):
Toogeloo (2872),
CheekyTeeky (1):
McMenno (2985),
Not voting (3):
Tails,Malakittens,Aristophanes (2912),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 3020, Tails wrote:No. They're poo regardless of our alignments. The way you just joined the wagon was poo.

"Oh hey! Let me just move off this McMenno wagon that I've been thinking is scum and join this new hotness. Based on stretching a weird post into something significant in an effort to hide how flimsy the wagon is."

Unless you were on McMenno because of pokemon demons, the jump here is super sketch.
But if my initial basis for not wanting to lynch your slot is flawed then you're no longer out of my the lynch PoE.

I was wrong to assume that you cannot be scum if Chick is town. Therefore unlike Jingle/Gamma who can either both be scum or both be town, you and chick can move in and out of the lynchpool independently.

Menno is still scummy. It's just now you have a higher chance of flipping scum.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by Tails »

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Post by Tails »

Jingle, do you still want BJ dead? Or was that a first half of an ISO thing?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by Jingle »

I still drink the kool aid there, just forgot him in my lynchables list. I think I’ve been conflating him and toog to an extent, tbh.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by Jingle »

Definitely less sure than I made myself out to be D1 though.
This is a Parachute.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Fine Tails

Why did you comment on how scummy you thought my vote switch is instead of telling all the previous voters that they're wrong about you?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Why is it wrong for me to switch wagons? You don't think I could read both of you as scum?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by BuJaber »

And what do you think of everything else I've said this game? Are you going to scumread me based on this one thing alone?
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by Tails »

Because Reading Rainbow is just wrong. Jingle is a coin toss. Cheeky is scum or town that thinks going "gotcha" is scumhunting. Flickr seems easily influenced. Yours was the first actual opportunistic vote. You saw the shiny and went for it.

And you never showed any indication that you thought I was scum before. And we had a whole conversation about how Rowdy Racoon looked town.

P-edit: You seem to have no problem jumping on the train that says I'm scum for random gibberish in a first post. I mean, I show up at every party asking if anyone's seen my pants, but I doubt anyone thinks my twin tail exhibitionism is how I secretly win at Chinese Checkers.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by Jingle »

Is that how you win Chinese checkers? If so, I think I’ve been playing it wrong.
This is a Parachute.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Post by Tails »

Friday's are interesting in Knothole
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Tails »

I want BJ to explain this odds thing to me. I understand Chicky and me going back down to similar odds as McMenno. What I don't understand is how that makes me a stronger scum read than the guy he's been sitting on all day. Either his McMenno case is just as flimsy, or he has a BS in math.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Post by Tails »

Crap. I should have said "wild". Friday's are wild.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3039, Tails wrote:Cheeky is scum or town that thinks going "gotcha" is scumhunting.
What? I've never said "gotcha." Also, please tell me what you think scumhunting is?

I might be under the illusion that scumhunting is finding scum in several different ways. It will be interesting to know the one right way.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 3044, CheekyTeeky wrote: What? I've never said "gotcha."
Right. My bad. You just thought I was the candy cane murderer because I was singing Lollipop while licking a Dum Dum.
In post 3044, CheekyTeeky wrote: I might be under the illusion that scumhunting is finding scum in several different ways. It will be interesting to know the one right way.
Normally it involves figuring out motivation, intent, thought process, and whether they're a Sagittarius. That last part isn't necessary. I'm just curious.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3045, Tails wrote:
In post 3044, CheekyTeeky wrote: What? I've never said "gotcha."
Right. My bad. You just thought I was the candy cane murderer because I was singing Lollipop while licking a Dum Dum.
In post 3044, CheekyTeeky wrote: I might be under the illusion that scumhunting is finding scum in several different ways. It will be interesting to know the one right way.
Normally it involves figuring out motivation, intent, thought process, and whether they're a Sagittarius. That last part isn't necessary. I'm just curious.
How do I find motivation and intent without pushing you as a reactiontesty/tonereader type player?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

The fastest way ime is to call you scum with some strong points. You can call it "gotcha" but if you can't see me assessing my "gotchas" then that's not really on me.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Post by Jingle »

God I hope this game never ends.
This is a Parachute.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by Tails »

Asking "Hey, do you know what your predecessor was crumbing?" isn't scum hunting. Asking what my alignment is isn't scumhunting. They're non-questions. They're either going to get a predictable or cheeky answer. If you're collecting answers that go with your name, good for you! If not, then you'll be disappointed when you get a "No" and "Town" respectably.

And going "aha!" at weird nonsense people say isn't going to get you anywhere. All you did was lynch someone because they were trying to be funny or weird or that one guy you avoid on the subway and failed in the delivery. Sometimes you nail scum, but then you play another game with the same player, who does the same thing, and this time they turn up town. Then you realize in your cold lonely heart that you killed a person for being themselves, and now you have no one to snuggle.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”