she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

@mod:
if player A targets player B with two night acyions (say cop and doc), and player C tracks player A, what result does C recieve?

Specifically, is the tracker told A visited B twice?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Shoshin »

Gamma's town because of his role. He confirmed it through you and NSG. And that means the scum killed Creature on the same night that Gamma gave Creature food, which just doesn't make any sense from a scum Gamma perspective because Gamma was under pressure to confirm his role. Why would scum add to the paranoia we already had about Gamma? On top of that, we now know that Gamma wasn't rb'd unless NSG lied about receiving food, which means even if Gamma is scum, we lynch NSG first, because it's very, very unlikely that Gamma's scum unless NSG is too.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2149, Shoshin wrote:so there wasn't any reason for scum to kill. In my experience, scum often don't kill in these situations because it puts them at needless risk and narrows the potential mislynches.
It also puts them on evens and makes it harder to get a lynch in
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2152, Shoshin wrote:? On top of that, we now know that Gamma wasn't rb'd unless NSG lied about receiving food, which means even if Gamma is scum, we lynch NSG first, because it's very, very unlikely that Gamma's scum unless NSG is too.
I mean we knew this like day2
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2151, skitter30 wrote:
@mod:
if player A targets player B with two night acyions (say cop and doc), and player C tracks player A, what result does C recieve?

Specifically, is the tracker told A visited B twice?
the results won't specify how many times player A targeted player B.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:20 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2124, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2118, northsidegal wrote:, and shoshin keeps playing really weirdly in this way that makes me question if my expectations are off or if i really am seeing something different.
Elaborate?
it's mostly a comparison with pokemon go and the way she pushed her scumreads pretty aggressively there vs the way she's dealt with them this game

---
so let me get this clear: these are the claims we have on the table:
In post 2038, skitter30 wrote:I got gamma's food last night, so if someone got rb'd, it wasnt him (i was also specifically told it came from gamma so i guess hes a loud fruit vendor?)
In post 2136, Shoshin wrote:I switcheroo'd myself & Skitter. Yes, I was hoping scum would try to kill me so that Skitter would die.
In post 2139, Shoshin wrote:I lied. Gamma visited you. Which means he targeted me.
how exactly do tracker results work with switcheroo? i would think that a track would still show a person going to A if they targeted A even if A switcheroo'd with B, but perhaps not. under the interpretation where switcheroo doesn't change who a person who visits someone would be seen visiting when tracked, i'm pretty sure we have directly conflicting claims.

the fact that gamma also did not react or respond in any way at all to skitter's claiming that she received the fruit (literally the first post of the day) is pretty scum indicative. i think i'm leaning towards wanting to lynch gamma the most out of my three right now
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:24 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2152, Shoshin wrote:Gamma's town because of his role. He confirmed it through you and NSG. And that means the scum killed Creature on the same night that Gamma gave Creature food, which just doesn't make any sense from a scum Gamma perspective because Gamma was under pressure to confirm his role. Why would scum add to the paranoia we already had about Gamma? On top of that, we now know that Gamma wasn't rb'd unless NSG lied about receiving food, which means even if Gamma is scum, we lynch NSG first, because it's very, very unlikely that Gamma's scum unless NSG is too.
i'm not sure why you think him being a fruit vendor makes him in some way more likely to be town - that doesn't really make sense to me.

i can
see
the argument of him giving it to creature the same night that he died, but isn't it completely equally as possible that he was the one who killed creature and was concerned about having been tracked? like, you seem to be already starting from the position of him being town

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:27 am

Post by northsidegal »

@mod
: if A were to target B who was switcheroo'd with person C, who would A be tracked to visiting?

things fall apart
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:28 am

Post by Shoshin »

lol @ NSG & Skitter
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2156, northsidegal wrote:it's mostly a comparison with pokemon go and the way she pushed her scumreads pretty aggressively there vs the way she's dealt with them this game
Elaborate?

Ie how is she different and do you think thats indicative?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2156, northsidegal wrote:the fact that gamma also did not react or respond in any way at all to skitter's claiming that she received the fruit (literally the first post of the day) is pretty scum indicative. i think i'm leaning towards wanting to lynch gamma the most out of my three right now
Why is this scum-indicative?

What do you think he did last night? Ie how do you think scum!gamma resolves everything?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2159, Shoshin wrote:lol @ NSG & Skitter
I mean you're basically resorting to shouting that im scum, based on mysterious townreads on pork and nos and mysterious scumreads on me and nsg that you arent deigning to explain
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

Also i really think since its mylo everyone should be full-claiming and flavor-claiming

Does anyone alive have any knowledge of the podcast?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:35 am

Post by northsidegal »

i mean i was the recipient of it in pokemon go, it was just very aggressive

almost immediately after she started scumreading me she wrote posts and posts and paragraphs and paragraphs about why i should be lynched, all the while asking other people for their read on me / why they were townreading me, and asking them to vote with her:
Spoiler:
Shoshin wrote:NSG's belief that I contradicted myself is weird, too.

Like, there's a very clear progression here. I thought she was town who had some paranoia of me based on inactivity. I wouldn't have cared about that and even said it was okay for her to suspect me a bit at that point in the game. But then I learn that she suspects me based on content, not inactivity. At which point I realize something is off about her. I skim some of her other posts and realize she's defending Profii for bullshit reasons that she can't even come up with. I realize her reads are fake. And so I start suspecting her. And then she says I'm contradicting myself because I happen to have a progression to my reads? That's scummy in itself. Like, she's not looking at the obvious town tells in front of her because she's pushing a lazy theory of me and Kokichi as scum without actually doing any real scumhunting or townhunting.

I'd lynch NSG today. Profii/NSG makes the most sense to me at this point.
Shoshin wrote:Creature, look at the way NSG is misrepresenting me. Taking something completely out of context while ignoring what I'm actually saying to push this idea that I'm contradicting myself. Please explain to me how that isn't scummy.
Shoshin wrote:
In post 1869, Shoshin wrote:NSG saying that I'm scummy because of content is bullshit. My content is fine. She suspects me because I'm not around, period. Saying otherwise is bullshit. And so is her read on Profii. I don't see how she's townreading that.
This is my original post.

And this is how NSG presents the original post:
In post 1869, Shoshin wrote:NSG saying that I'm scummy because of content is bullshit. My content is fine. She suspects me because I'm not around, period.
She completley ignores the part where I describe what NSG's doing ("saying otherwise") as "bullshit." This is incredibly manipulative. It's how actual misrepresentation looks. You take something that a townie said out of context and then emphasize its importance while ignoring everything else the player said.

Hey Maria, remember this is exactly what I suspected Shepard for in Errant's game? He did the same shit to me and he flipped scum, as you know.
Shoshin wrote:And of course so much hedging in all of NSG's posts. Doesn't want to overstate anything. Doesn't have confidence about anything. Yet has this core group of poe based on nothing? Like, no reason to townread Profii yet refuses to vote him? NSG's posting this game is bullshit. Her reads don't make any sense. Her focus on a couple scumreads based on poe suggests a strong degree of confidence about townreads, yet there's nothing to the townreads...
Shoshin wrote:What the fuck? No. Were not policy lynching.

Creature, why is NSG town? Explain.
Shoshin wrote:
In post 1929, profii wrote:2. She suspects me because I'm not around, period. Saying otherwise is bullshit.

NSG is right - if you find NSG scummy, any reason NSG has posted is therefore fabricated as she is informed already. Therefore you saying she has a genuine reason to scum read you means NSG is uninformed, ergo, town.
Look at NSG's 1900.

To be clear, NSG ignores the part of my post that desribes what she's actually doing "saying otherwise" and thus ignores the part of my post that says her behavior is fake (i.e. "bullshit").

Yes, in the middle of my train of thought I consider what NSG would do as town as compared with what she'd do as scum. That isn't scummy, it's how townies think. You look at both sides - is this town? or is it scum? - and then you compare what NSG's doing with those metrics. NSG wasn't suspecting me because of inactivity (her words), she was suspecting me because of content. Thus, NSG's read is fake. This isn't complicated.

When I questioned NSG about this, what'd she do? Instead of representing me accurately, she says that I never called her read fake until AFTER she called out the contradiction in 1869. Then she quotes 1869 but removes the part of the post where I call her read fake. She literally hides that part of the post from view. It's visible to all, but she doesn't want to acknowledge it, because she's arguing that I never called her read fake until AFTER she called out a made-up contradiction.
Shoshin wrote:Let's also be clear about someting. There's nothing contradictory about considering what a player would do as town AND scum in a situation - looking at both sides of things - that's just a good scumhunting habit.

NSG suspected me for reasons that appeared to be based on inactivity. My initial reaction to that was to interpret NSG's suspicion as some justified paraonia based on my inactivity. But when I said that, she clarified that she didn't suspect me for inactivity. And that's what pinged me initially. So I'm there reconciling two points of view - one view is that NSG's a townie who got paranoid of me because I was disengaged from the game - the other point of view is that NSG's scum who made up some reasons to suspect me. NSG tells me that she's not the first, so that's when I begin suspecting her for the second. And that's what my 1869 points out - it's reconciling two competing views of NSG based on how NSG describes her reasons for suspecting me.

there's really just nothing all that comparable in this game except maaybe with varsoon on day one

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:41 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2161, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2156, northsidegal wrote:the fact that gamma also did not react or respond in any way at all to skitter's claiming that she received the fruit (literally the first post of the day) is pretty scum indicative. i think i'm leaning towards wanting to lynch gamma the most out of my three right now

What do you think he did last night? Ie how do you think scum!gamma resolves everything?
i guess i have two reasons / possibilities:

the first, in a non-partner context, is that he just isn't reading the thread very closely - essentially just popping in to say something random and not really all that game relevant and then popping out. not reading the thread closely is something i've considered a pretty reliable scumtell for a while, especially for players who have posting styles similar to gamma's
Spoiler:
In post 2106, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2042, Nosferatu wrote:about ready to park my vote on gamma again
In post 2041, Nosferatu wrote:my role gives extra gold to a targeted person on the list,

ive only used it 2 times, on kokichi, and porkens, n3, n4
I don’t trust those selections at all tbh
In post 2120, Gamma Emerald wrote:I only used gold last night to protect my target because I was salty after Creature died

the second would be considering the possibility that gamma and shoshin are scum together and gamma stayed silent to not contradict shoshin when it came to any of the details of what she's saying about tracking him / to wait for her to claim the track before saying anything about you getting the fruit

things fall apart
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:00 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2158, northsidegal wrote:
@mod
: if A were to target B who was switcheroo'd with person C, who would A be tracked to visiting?
a tracker who targeted player A would be told that player A targeted player C.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2136, Shoshin wrote:Meh, I suppose I'll just claim. Scum already know, anyway.

I switcheroo'd myself & Skitter. Yes, I was hoping scum would try to kill me so that Skitter would die.

Gamma's obviously in a position to confirm the switch, since he targeted me last night with the food. It ended up switching to Skitter. If scum tried to kill me, it also would have switched to Skitter. But my guess is that scum didn't nightkill.
Yeah I can verify
But what confuses me is you say you tracked me to you but by what xyzzy said I should have been seen visiting skitter?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2139, Shoshin wrote:I lied. Gamma visited you. Which means he targeted me.
Nvm
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2156, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2124, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2118, northsidegal wrote:, and shoshin keeps playing really weirdly in this way that makes me question if my expectations are off or if i really am seeing something different.
Elaborate?
it's mostly a comparison with pokemon go and the way she pushed her scumreads pretty aggressively there vs the way she's dealt with them this game

---
so let me get this clear: these are the claims we have on the table:
In post 2038, skitter30 wrote:I got gamma's food last night, so if someone got rb'd, it wasnt him (i was also specifically told it came from gamma so i guess hes a loud fruit vendor?)
In post 2136, Shoshin wrote:I switcheroo'd myself & Skitter. Yes, I was hoping scum would try to kill me so that Skitter would die.
how exactly do tracker results work with switcheroo? i would think that a track would still show a person going to A if they targeted A even if A switcheroo'd with B, but perhaps not. under the interpretation where switcheroo doesn't change who a person who visits someone would be seen visiting when tracked, i'm pretty sure we have directly conflicting claims.

the fact that gamma also did not react or respond in any way at all to skitter's claiming that she received the fruit (literally the first post of the day) is pretty scum indicative. i think i'm leaning towards wanting to lynch gamma the most out of my three right now
I’m no? I avoided responding because I didn’t want to explicitly lie but I also didn’t want to reveal who Shoshin had switcheroo’d with. Why don’t you think what TOWN motivation exists there.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2165, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2161, skitter30 wrote:

i guess i have two reasons / possibilities:

the first, in a non-partner context, is that he just isn't reading the thread very closely - essentially just popping in to say something random and not really all that game relevant and then popping out. not reading the thread closely is something i've considered a pretty reliable scumtell for a while, especially for players who have posting styles similar to gamma's
Spoiler:
In post 2106, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2042, Nosferatu wrote:about ready to park my vote on gamma again
In post 2041, Nosferatu wrote:my role gives extra gold to a targeted person on the list,

ive only used it 2 times, on kokichi, and porkens, n3, n4
I don’t trust those selections at all tbh
In post 2120, Gamma Emerald wrote:I only used gold last night to protect my target because I was salty after Creature died

the second would be considering the possibility that gamma and shoshin are scum together and gamma stayed silent to not contradict shoshin when it came to any of the details of what she's saying about tracking him / to wait for her to claim the track before saying anything about you getting the fruit
First possibility: kinda a fair assessment, but has more to do with overall lack of engagement in mafia long-term
Second possibility: all of that came when I wasn’t checking the thread for a bit. Plus if you think about why I’d try to not reveal anything there as Town it’ll make a lot more sense
<Embrace The Void>

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:46 am

Post by northsidegal »

what are your reads?

things fall apart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2164, northsidegal wrote:there's really just nothing all that comparable in this game except maaybe with varsoon on day one
yeah i feel like she isn't engaging or is being purposefully vague/mysterious for ???? reasons and it's making it really really hard for me to engage with her or figure out what she's thinking
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Shoshin Town
You + skitter meh
Nos + Porkens scum
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Now please tell meh what Town motivation you can see in my actions
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”