Micro 829: The Coalition [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

like maybe it's just a rhetorical technique that you use to convince people in general when you try to convince people of things
but your reaction seems to imply that you understand why i view it as scummy and that it's something a little ???? for town to do
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Chara »

also considering the likelihood that scum is purposely taking a backseat as the townies all fight. it's what i would be doing.

pedit: oh dear. i suppose we are really going rather fast.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:51 am

Post by no lunch »

In post 622, skitter30 wrote:uh idk? i obviously dont have a baseline to check your play here against

like that is a tactic people use; i have no way of knowing whether or not this is or isn't a thing you'd do as scum or on an alt account

also i think it's kinda subtle, but i've noticed it fairly consistently (you did it with irrel, sky, and now a50)

also idk if it's something you're doing on purpose, and if it is idki if you were like planning/expecting to get called out given that it *is* subtle
I haven't been trying to be subtle about approaching people as though their actions have negative ramifications and they need to be accountable for them. Applying the converse wording of "treating other players like they are scum until they prove me wrong", I still have not been trying to be subtle.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 615, Chara wrote:
In post 613, Almost50 wrote:
In post 609, Chara wrote:Almost: uh. hm. some mental gymnastics here. i would say in the bottom 3?
See? Wasn't too hard to deduce, was it? Now check and see if no lunch's response makes much sense to you.
i'm pretty sure no lunch is asking why you aren't townreading her/finding her recent posts towny. he confirms that later more explicitly.
And why is he asking about Sky specifically? Wouldn't someone be normally more worried about the people I explicitly TR?

My working theory is it's "possible" no lunch is scum with Sky, and I've pointed out he hurting him then healing him soon after. My working theory is further fueled by the fact she asked me whom to take out off her coalition list in order to include me, then asked him (I'm sorry if that's the incorrect pronoun, btw) specifically the same question. The very same guy I asked to be removed, and the one she actually did remove upon my request!!

Then I still think it's also possible that Sky could be scum with Aubrey. In fact, the ONLY partner I could think of if Aubrey is scum would be Sky. Aubrey's the only player TRing Sky enough to include her in his coalition list.

I no longer wish to lead the town, so do as you will. I wanted Aubrey over Gamma because IF the coalition didn't work I would have called him out first, and Gamma would have been my TR in the "other 4" too, so that would have helped me narrow down my lynch pool on both sides.

But you guys know better. We should totally take our time going in loops and have scum spread the paranoia among us to the point we either fail to hammer the coalition, we do it too late and rush a mislynch, or we do it in such a time where enough townies are more sus of other townies we would be mislynching our way into a loss. Good luck with that!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

SUDDENLY I feel like I'm missing AP. :(

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 618, no lunch wrote:Almost50 speaking through other players makes me inclined to think he is using a pseudo mob mentality to discredit me.
Why is that?

no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:54 am

Post by no lunch »

In post 625, skitter30 wrote:like maybe it's just a rhetorical technique that you use to convince people in general when you try to convince people of things
but your reaction seems to imply that you understand why i view it as scummy and that it's something a little ???? for town to do
I am loosely impersonating another player, actually. With my own flavour to it. I would rather not name names :oops:

The first time I saw her in action I called her methods ridiculous. After a few games, I realised she was quite often on the mark. So your reaction reminds me of my initial take on this play style!

Please dwell on when/why I am using this rhetorical technique; not the fact I am using a rhetorical technique.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:55 am

Post by no lunch »

In post 630, Almost50 wrote:
In post 618, no lunch wrote:Almost50 speaking through other players makes me inclined to think he is using a pseudo mob mentality to discredit me.
Why is that?
In essence, what stopped you from responding to my request on your take on Skygazer?
The response "I THINK SHE IS YOUR SCUMBUDDY >:C" would have been both advantageous towards me sorting you, and would have likely put me off guard (particularly if I were scum with her)! Agreed?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Chara »

:(
i didn't realize my take on that would frustrate you so much, Almost. i just want to hear more from Eek before we go ahead with the coalition.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:58 am

Post by no lunch »

Chara, how do you feel about the scumreads on MME? (Almost50's would be the most noteworthy)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 632, no lunch wrote:
Why is that?
In essence, what stopped you from responding to my request on your take on Skygazer?
The response "I THINK SHE IS YOUR SCUMBUDDY >:C" would have been both advantageous towards me sorting you, and would have likely put me off guard (particularly if I were scum with her)! Agreed?
It's not up to me to agree/disagree. My mission is to pretend to be asking some important questions and when someone answers them I'd play dumb. That's a new playstyle I've just decided to adopt a few minutes ago, mimicking the style of some other player (I'd rather not name names).

So, why did you put the question before your explanation in the quoted post and not vise versa?

Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Aubrey »

Lord help me.

Chara, what's your ideal coalition look like.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:09 am

Post by Aubrey »

strike that. I see mods VC.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:12 am

Post by no lunch »

In post 635, Almost50 wrote:
Why is that?
It's not up to me to agree/disagree. My mission is to pretend to be asking some important questions and when someone answers them I'd play dumb. That's a new playstyle I've just decided to adopt a few minutes ago, mimicking the style of some other player (I'd rather not name names).

So, why did you put the question before your explanation in the quoted post and not vise versa?
Because I feel that asking the question, then framing the causation for me asking that question, was a more effective method of explaining what I was looking for from you without necessarily alerting you to how to answer correctly.

I'll be ignoring your condescending response, and waiting for a real one. :)

Though if you are imitating another player I'd love to know who! Most currently, you remind me of Wisdom.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

Well, you already got your answer(s) in . have I missed any more questions?

Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Aubrey »

F me, I'm overwhelmed. and I'm not spending the rest of my night when i get home pouring through all these pages.

Skitter and Elephant need to be sorted.

I trust A50 and Chara for the most part, but i sure as hell would rather not sheep blindly.

--

I'm scared a scum is in elephant, Skitter, and No lynch. I have nothing to back that up, just sheer gut. I would be shocked if both scum were in the less active members as that heavily goes against their win con.

--

I doubt Sky will make it into a final coalition so HURT: skygazer.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Aubrey »

Fuck it.

HEAL: Chara
HEAL: A50
HEAL: Skitter
HEAL: Gamma
HEAL: Aubrey

This is a more comfortable coalition for me right now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 538, no lunch wrote:
In post 391, Skygazer wrote:not a reason i want to state publicly

ill go and look at skitter's iso at some point later today and get back to you, i havent really been *actively* reading, just lurky reading

i feel like MME could very easily be scum here after playing a game w him on my scumteam
I'll look forward to this.

What about MME is scummy?
In post 399, Almost50 wrote:I'm unable to make up mind yet about the other 2 I want in the coalition. I know I don't want MME, but that's about it for now.
Why is MME your only scumread?
In post 407, Almost50 wrote:What I can't decide is whether np lunch did this to ensure himself being in it because his partner was not, or if it was done to WIFOM us when the game goes into lynch phase and we don't know if we have a scum out of the coalition or not.

If the former, then leaving him out should end the game promptly. If the latter, then his partner is already in it (Chara/skitter/Aubrey)

So, we leave no lunch out and see if the game does end. If not then we lynch from these 3. I dunno where that leaves MME though because I really don't feel that slot to be a townie slot. Am I being too paranoid?
Oh.. You think I am scum but all of my high equity partners are in your top town reads? :?
Who is a partner for MME?
So I find it disturbing no lunch is soft defending MME like this. No lunch what was your own read on MME when you posted this?
This is the thing I was ruminating on earlier fyi
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 631, no lunch wrote:
In post 625, skitter30 wrote:like maybe it's just a rhetorical technique that you use to convince people in general when you try to convince people of things
I am loosely impersonating another player, actually. With my own flavour to it. I would rather not name names :oops:

The first time I saw her in action I called her methods ridiculous. After a few games, I realised she was quite often on the mark. So your reaction reminds me of my initial take on this play style!

Please dwell on when/why I am using this rhetorical technique; not the fact I am using a rhetorical technique.
I want to find out who this person is
Later is fine, I just wanna know
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 641, Aubrey wrote:Fuck it.

HEAL: Chara
HEAL: A50
HEAL: Skitter
HEAL: Gamma
HEAL: Aubrey

This is a more comfortable coalition for me right now.
With this we have 4 coalitions with a person missing that everyone else has
Mine lacks skitter
Aubrey’s lacks Irrel
A50’s lacks me
Chara’s lacks Aubrey
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I think skitter has the same list as mine

no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 642, Gamma Emerald wrote:So I find it disturbing no lunch is soft defending MME like this. No lunch what was your own read on MME when you posted this?
This is the thing I was ruminating on earlier fyi
Soft defending?
I am hard null on MME. I am curious what makes them likely scum.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 639, Almost50 wrote:Well, you already got your answer(s) in . have I missed any more questions?
Why is that?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Almost50 »

But that was explained in 628. As for why I stopped responding it's because I got the impression you were playing dense and asking questions with answers that could have been easily deduced from my posts already. I also hate it when people ask me to "out my plan" before they come to fruition.

Look, I SR you now, but if you happen to be Town I'd still find your playstyle irritating. If I'm setting a trap or playing a trick I would rather nobody asked me to explain it before it blossoms and gives me a result. Otherwise every trick I play seizes to be a trick because I am explaining it in advance. Every reaction test becomes null. Every pressure vote loses its effect.

Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Aubrey »

A50/Chara: can you explain me a town elephant without using meta please?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”