Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 3145, Chickadee wrote:Because I arrived at a different conclusion than you?
Because there is no thought process which arises out of you being town that produces your last few posts.

You claim the following:

1.) You're a day flavor cop who is given some visual (photo/video) clue about who your target is.
2.) Your 1st cop was used on TPFKAP and you were given HoB
3.) Your 2nd cop was on NR and you got the two videos
4.) Those two videos make you believe the NR/Tails slot is River

This is a complete hot mess right from the start. There's quite a few problems.

First there's the problem of claiming to have gotten a "clear guilty" on TPFKAP but ... you didn't say a word about it until today. Your initial claim was that you got the result immediately prior to entering an "escape room" (I had to look up what that was to make sure it was what I thought when I read it), but you gave time stamps in response to Cerb that made no sense. It was a great catch and very fast ... but what seems to have been forgotten by most of the game was that you used that time to explain why you didn't say anything at all yesterday. It would have been
trivially easy
for you to drop in a post you could have referred to with your claim today.

But you didn't. Because you were going into an escape room. 12 hours later. - There's no world where I believe you don't post something cryptic which you can later use to back yourself up when you claim. Your excuse for not doing so (unprompted excuse, btw) was that your phone was dying and you were heading into an escape room. Neither of those were the case though. You even stressed the point
AFTER
you changed the am/pm time by tying your phone dying to the original "wrong" time.

Then we bump into the cognitive dissonance you are putting on display now, if we assume you really have the role you claim and really got the results you claim. We're supposed to believe that you got a picture of one of the HoB teams (2 by 2, hands of blue has a double meaning) and therefore knew that meant TPFKAP was guilty... but as it turns out, his character wasn't a part of the HoB teams. He was an independent alliance officer who managed to track Simon down and there's literally no way anyone would have connected him to HoB prior to that flip.

So even though you should know for certain, if your claims are true, that your clues are not necessarily direct and obvious ... you insist that the only possible meaning of those videos, which display the fact that Simon and River are on the run, is that your target is one of them.

I'm sorry ... but I've never met anyone on this site who would actually believe that with the certainty you are feigning.

I would continue, but I'm pretty sure this suffices.

~D

P-Edit: No. The very last thing either Cerb or I do is force things to fit. You might want to check out the Litany of Tarski. It's useful when training oneself to think carefully and rationally.
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3150, Reasonably Rational wrote:the Litany of Tarski.
Wow. I love it.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:43 pm

In post 3151, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 3150, Reasonably Rational wrote:the Litany of Tarski.
Wow. I love it.
Litany of Gendlin, presented without additional commentary:

What is true is already so.
Owning up to it doesn't make it worse.
Not being open about it doesn't make it go away.
And because it's true, it is what is there to be interacted with.
Anything untrue isn't there to be lived.
People can stand what is true,
for they are already enduring it.
—Eugene Gendlin

~D
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Then flip me Drixx. Do it.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 3130, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3128, Tails wrote:
In post 3124, Thor665 wrote: I'm fascinated about how long the McMenno counter is working compared to the Tails wagon. Something is strange there.
I thought so too. You can try getting the momentum back on that wagon if you like (not likely, given the replacement), or try voting JabJabs with me. Or you can vote me because you don't like trolly foxes and we can never be friends. I'll cry, but I'll get over it. Whatever you do, get off Nancy. That wagon ain't happening.
I don't think you understand what Thor is saying, or maybe I'm not understanding. I think he's saying he's fascinated by how persistent the menno wagon is, IN SPITE of these other wagons that are popping up.
I mean, either way, he thinks there's something strange going on there. I agree, but probably for different reasons. The point of my post still stands, which is that he needs to stop wasting time on a wagon that isn't happening and put his vote somewhere useful. Even if that means he votes me. Now can you stop staring at individual trees in my posts and actually pay attention to what I'm saying?

In post 3130, Reasonably Rational wrote: Tails, given that the slot had barely any posts, how am I supposed to view your (if I give you the benefit of the doubt) tongue-in-cheek complaint about the "fresh"ness of the slot?
Somewhat tongue-in-cheek. The mod actually did tell me that I would essentially be replacing into a fresh slot since no game related posts had been made by Nico. So I actually find this whole push on me absurd, especially since you seem to have just now decided to push this slot based on what was said by my predecessor
at the very beginning of the game
. But what do I know? I made it clear I wasn't reading 100 pages. Maybe you were actually pushing the lurker slot the entire time. If not, the question of "what changed?" really needs to be addressed, because I suspect what really changed is that my utter disregard for reading useless information and this persona are what's really irking you.

And again, you missed the entirety of what I was saying. On one hand, I'd like to continue playing this game and put up a fight, but on the other, I really don't want to put up that much of an effort when the whole point was relax and enjoy myself. So if you want to mislynch me because you don't like me, that's your loss.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:57 pm

In post 3153, Chickadee wrote:Then flip me Drixx. Do it.
Why? There's a reasonably rational explanation which explains your claim being true and your last several posts. I'm only curious whether we're seeing
belief
or if we're seeing
belief in belief
at work here.

In any case, I remain focused on the NR/Tails slot. They are significantly more probable to flip as scum and their flip should give further insight into you.

I'm also extra interested in McMenno, but probably not for the reasons one might think.

The game has also ground to a near halt, which should be screaming some things at anyone paying attention.

~D

P-edit: Whence comes the idea of "like" or "dislike"? In the rare circumstance you can find someone we actually dislike (a difficult enough task), you would be tremendously hard pressed to find us leveraging that in a game. It's a freaking game. A game in which whether or not I like someone has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the solution.
Show

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by BuJaber »

This got interesting.

Jingle and anyone else who knows the show well.. you agree with RR's interpretation of the videos?

@Thor - why not Menno thouhh? Also it was really only 4 of us max.. the same 4 people who think menno is scum are flip flopping between him and other wagons.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 3131, Reasonably Rational wrote: People who are viewing the posts of others as "scumplaining", what differentiates the posts Tail has made from those that you've marked as suspect?
I'm going to take a wild guess and say the quantity and point of view. Jabs made a concentrated effort to play a manipulation game to make those voting or suspecting him feel bad, and he spent the vast majority of his posts doing this since I pointed out how bad is vote on me was.

Meanwhile, I've made, what, one post off-handly complaining that this slot suddenly had baggage? And even that was in and among a number of posts featuring game relevant content, like pointing out Jabs's manipulation, telling Thor to actually put his vote somewhere useful, saying I was undecided how to approach this whole situation, and finally, giving my full thoughts on Jingle after having finished his ISO (probably something else that ticked you guys off. Mason claims are so sacred. I should probably start claiming them as scum more often to get this type of god cred.). But I bet you didn't read or really get what I was saying with that last bit.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Please post a picture of your face when I flip. Just please do it.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I've cut down the sugar I consume this would be like a substitution to me. So delicious.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Actually wait you have an easy out. "I didn't read any of your posts".

Nvm your face will just be like :|

Anyone else voting me.. like cheeky and gamma who have actually played with me before and know my style.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Even if you think I didn't obvtown because I'm a master manipulator.

My crumbs are so obvious that I'm regreting posting them.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:20 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3161, BuJaber wrote:Even if you think I didn't obvtown because I'm a master manipulator.

My crumbs are so obvious that I'm regreting posting them.
If they're so obvious you might as well claim and save me the trouble of having to dig through your ISO.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Chick why are you so offended by people voting Tails? Nobody is saying you HAVE to be scum if tails is scum. You might be innocent and just made a mistake. Clues are pretty cryptic.. and now that the mod allowed you to share them.. it can be discussed in public.

Pedit - no thanks. My crumbing is obvious as to what the role actually is but the details/variations are what's important and those must be kept secret.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by Chara »

the crumbs were rather obvious, yes.

BuJaber shouldn't be our lynch today regardless.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 3155, Reasonably Rational wrote:Whence comes the idea of "like" or "dislike"? In the rare circumstance you can find someone we actually dislike (a difficult enough task), you would be tremendously hard pressed to find us leveraging that in a game. It's a freaking game. A game in which whether or not I like someone has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the solution.
I've played with you before. I know you can be influenced into thinking someone is scum because they irked you on some level. We all are, even if we try to minimize the bias. And I'm pretty sure that's what happening here. I guarantee if I was not playing on this account, you would not be going down this road.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Chara »

Tails, your slot always had baggage. i didn't notice the crumb but Nico always had a good shot at flipping scum.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 3156, BuJaber wrote: Jingle and anyone else who knows the show well.. you agree with RR's interpretation of the videos?
I'm not sure what to make of those videos, and I'm the subject. The trailer is more vague, and is not focused on Simon and River per se. At best, I'd say the crew in general. Second clip is more Simon/River, but that's the thing about vi- um, results. At most I'd say crew. But that's probably influenced by the fact I know I'm town.

P-edit: A lurker lynch is a lurker lynch. Call it for what it is and don't try to dress it up. The problem now is that the lurker is gone from the slot and now you've decided to go for the lynch and are using RVS shenanigans as an excuse. This isn't my first rodeo, Chara, and I've gotten really good at analysing my own wagons for scum.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Tails »

Regardless of whether I die today, Cheeky needs to be looked at closer. She's being very blatant with the fishing.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Chara »

also hi light ethos! missed you coming in.

my very limited flavour knowledge aside... i listened to the dialogue in the trailer as well as the simon/river video. the trailer mentions the danger River poses, and seems to concentrate on the threat of the Alliance rather than the HoB. is that correct?
there's also the line "let's be bad guys." but it does focus on the crew of serenity and the Operative more than anything else.
i can't draw any conclusions here but i hope that the number of uou who understand the flavour better can. i think Almost picked that trailer for a reason. it could have a notable visual or hint in the dialogue.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Chara »

never said it wasn't a lurker lynch! was a scummy lurker. and i found your entrance scummy as well, but i'd agreed not to lynch you. with the 2 crumb (i couldn't find a relevant one piece reference after all) and Rational on board, i'm down.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Tails »

And that's not even counting the useless questions that she uses instead of scumhunting. And if you don't know what that is, that's any question that would be answered the same regardless of role or alignment. They're questions that add nothing to the game, but makes it look like you're contributing. They're also sometimes used to get easy wagons if the recipient goes off script and gets snarky.

P-edit: What was scummy about my entrance? Because I'm guessing you don't like snark.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:41 pm

In post 3165, Tails wrote:
In post 3155, Reasonably Rational wrote:Whence comes the idea of "like" or "dislike"? In the rare circumstance you can find someone we actually dislike (a difficult enough task), you would be tremendously hard pressed to find us leveraging that in a game. It's a freaking game. A game in which whether or not I like someone has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the solution.
I've played with you before. I know you can be influenced into thinking someone is scum because they irked you on some level. We all are, even if we try to minimize the bias. And I'm pretty sure that's what happening here.
I guarantee if I was not playing on this account, you would not be going down this road.
Umm ... I haven't got the first clue who you are. I thought briefly that you might be MS but I'm pretty sure MS ate a perma ban. So the only bias I might have towards you would be a positive one.

That slot has been on the radar for a long time. You need only look to the last few posts of day 1 to see me diving in to get a post in before the day ended that I was fairly certain your slot is scum.

And my own failures as a rationalist also have no bearing on what the solution is. Pointing out that a rationalist has fallen into irrational thinking before is like pointing at the sky and saying "blue". We're the first ones to be aware of that and admit it.

~D
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Chara »

actually i do like snark. sounds like you're blaming your wagon on your personality though. :>
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3168, Tails wrote:Regardless of whether I die today, Cheeky needs to be looked at closer. She's being very blatant with the fishing.
Why would I, as scum, blatantly fish?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”