Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 3197, Thor665 wrote:
In post 3156, BuJaber wrote:@Thor - why not Menno thouhh? Also it was really only 4 of us max.. the same 4 people who think menno is scum are flip flopping between him and other wagons.
Why not? Because of the reasons I listed.
Can you quote those again, just in case I missed them?
In post 3184, Tails wrote:1.)What's your alignment?
Regardless of their actual alignment, your subject will always answer "Town". Unless they're being snarky or just avoid answering altogether. Asking this actually doesn't accomplish anything.

2.)What was your predecessor crumbing?
Assuming that I read my predecessor (I didn't and made clear I was not reading a lot of the back log of this game.), why would I answer? If I don't have a PR, I'll be confused and answer "I don't know." And if I have a PR, then I'm still going to answer "I don't know.", because I'm not going to tell you my role genius! At best, this gives you something you can try to use to look like a scum tell, but regardless of alignment or role, you are not going to get a "Yes" answer from this question.
1. I'll agree that asking someone's alignment is not super helpful - at the same stage, if you've played more than two games here on site you also have to be blatantly aware that this empty question is asked often, and is often asked by town. So I don't get the point in bothering to even talk about it, because as far as I've ever been able to tell asking it is NAI. Yeah?

2. This isn't a particularly valid rebuttal. Your slot is under a lot of stress even with a theory Cop clear arguing in your defense. It is under this stress, to a large part, because of how that '2' stuff went down. As a player, if you are town, it should be relatively simple to try to assess if that was a crumb and the reasoning for it with your role, and it's hardly a shock that you are looking like a likely lynch and should be getting emotionally ready to reveal your role if not already doing so.
1.) Cheeky's been here long enough to know the same thing and to know that the answer will either be "town" or tongue-in-cheek and is also NAI. I gave a tongue-in-cheek answer and Cheeky flipped out.
2.)But my point still stands that regardless, my answer would have to be the same. Either I know or don't. I have a role that could be crumbed or I don't. And even if I did, my answer couldn't be anything other than "No clue" or "I don't know". Because no one in their right mind is going to admit to having a PR before they have to. Outside of that, I can't give any insight to my predecessor's state of mind or why they said something at the very beginning of the game or whether that was game important information. I'm essentially swimming up a waterfall, and I find the whole situation absurd. Therefore my only recourse is to point out how absurd this whole situation really is, because this wouldn't happen in any other game, and it just feels like picking on the newbie lurker and then I get stuck with the transfer after I ruffle some feathers.

And yes, I've been accepting the foregone conclusion that I'll have to claim. But I'd rather not all things considered. So I'll continue to try to convince the men in sill hats why rowing up a waterfall is a silly idea.
In post 3197, Thor665 wrote: Why are you dogging so hard on Cheeky for asking 1. A NAI question and 2. A very valid question?
Because other than role fish, that's all I've really seen her do. And when I start hard pressuring her on it, she crumbles. So I'm in a situation where if I make observations and don't hard push someone, I'm not scum hunting. But if I start asking a lot of pertinent questions and hard pushing, I'm a meanie and deserve to die. I'm essentially in a lose/lose situation here.
In post 3197, Thor665 wrote: Hell, pretty sure I asked #2 as well - don't recall you crawling up my leg about it.
I don't recall you asking that while I've been here. Feel free to quote.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:11 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3158, BuJaber wrote:Please post a picture of your face when I flip. Just please do it.
In post 3159, BuJaber wrote:I've cut down the sugar I consume this would be like a substitution to me. So delicious.
In post 3160, BuJaber wrote:Actually wait you have an easy out. "I didn't read any of your posts".

Nvm your face will just be like :|

Anyone else voting me.. like cheeky and gamma who have actually played with me before and know my style.
In post 3161, BuJaber wrote:Even if you think I didn't obvtown because I'm a master manipulator.

My crumbs are so obvious that I'm regreting posting them.
Also, though i try really hard nowadays to be less of a troll, or to even do things that come across as a troll since I apparently piss off people by being friendly yet disagreeing politely - I do feel a need for this joke, *ahem*;

"The above are posts of someone looking to analyze Tails for future awareness of playstyle."
:neutral:
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:14 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 3198, BuJaber wrote: And on the off chance he is town somehow happy to keep giving himself the excuse of not reading, this gives me a chance to learn more about how he thinks.
Trolly account modeled after a certain brand of players.
Want to relax and not try hard
Not reading over 100 pages just to understand what's happening now. No one's got time for that.
I retired for a reason.
If I can't figure out alignment from point of replacement on, reading probably wouldn't help. Fresh reads shrug off unnecessary baggage.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Thor the Tora thing is based on d1.. d2 disappearance is fishy, but I'm willing to give him a chance to return and explain. For someone who tryhards and spamposts as both alignments I think we can assume there's some reason he cannot post.
Nancy's posting hasn't been stellar I guess I would agree with that but nothing has jumped out as particularly scummy enough to offset my d1 read of Tora.

@Tails - that's fine tails but you'll be scumread for it. 100 pages isn't anything to shrug at. You can and should do whatever makes you happy but being scumread for it should not be a surprised. Both cheeky and I claim that our alignment is very obvious based on what we've postdd already, and literally every player here has dropped their activity level recently compared to day 1. You will have gaps if you don't read. Just the way it is.

@Thor - what's your point.. obviously Tails has got me riled up but me not voting him = he lives longer = posts more = more info to analyze his style/thoughtprocess
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:23 pm

Post by Tails »

Replacements refusing to read is not uncommon. So anyone who seriously thinks I'm scum for it will learn very quickly that it's NAI. You can dislike it, but that sounds like a personal problem. With games getting increasingly longer, asking a replacement to devote their time to just reading over 100 pages instead of engaging is both unrealistic and unfair.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 am

Post by Chara »

i don't believe Thor read on replace in either, but the difference is he didn't keep bringing it up as an excuse for why he didn't understand a stance.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:53 am

Post by Chara »

Tails your rebuttal also talks about your own answers to those questions (as though they matter, when they don't really), but they don't address Thor's point at all. that point being: it doesn't matter and you don't have a case for Cheeky asking pointless questions from these two questions. you keep veering off of the point into "i'm being attacked for trolly answers/snark" and it really is interesting to see that you still want to be townread for that.

example for question 1: Thor says town ask empty questions, which is very true. you reply that Cheeky should know better because she isn't a newbie. Thor never said this was something only newbies did. (it isn't)

also Nico isn't a newbie but that's besides the point as well.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:00 am

Post by Chara »

also your defense has felt very "caught for the wrong reasons"-esque. i don't believe you've actually argued for yourself being town anywhere. and i'm referring to arguing about why your own play is town. what you
are
arguing about is being scumread for your predecessor's play, not actually replacing into an empty slot, that the situation is ridiculous, that you're being asked pointless questions, and that you're scumhunting.
i haven't really seen any notion that you'll actually flip town and that we're wrong, just that the methodology of hunting you is wrong.

so, let's lynch Tails, unless anybody thinks i'm wrong here? i'll listen.
as for BuJaber, i remember him playing in an offbeat way from Civilization but i'd need to put in some work to check the validity.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3203, BuJaber wrote:Thor the Tora thing is based on d1.. d2 disappearance is fishy, but I'm willing to give him a chance to return and explain. For someone who tryhards and spamposts as both alignments I think we can assume there's some reason he cannot post.
Nancy's posting hasn't been stellar I guess I would agree with that but nothing has jumped out as particularly scummy enough to offset my d1 read of Tora.
I haven't called Tora not being here scummy.
I agree that nancy hasn't been posting like town.
I disagree that Day 1 Tora looked particularly townish and would challenge you to put that read into words.
What do you think of my wagon analysis?
In post 3203, BuJaber wrote:@Thor - what's your point.. obviously Tails has got me riled up but me not voting him = he lives longer = posts more = more info to analyze his style/thoughtprocess
My point is that's unconnected with you voting him, and you're not trying to generate actually insightful discussions so I don't really see the point.
If you think what you're generating will help you read him in other games - rock on. But I don't think it will :)
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 3153, Chickadee wrote:Then flip me Drixx. Do it.
I can understand being annoyed at someone - but for whatever annoyance you have towards Drixx he *did* lay out a fairly comprehensive series of issues with how you're approaching your reads and results and you're hardcore ducking addressing those issues and resorting to just empty attacks.

1. If you're town, this does not help sort the day.
2. If you're scum, you're looking super obvious, and so also shouldn't be doing this.

Please try again?

Why do you think the one video (on TPFKAP) was so slight in actual connection with who he was, and the other is super direct? That seems like a big issue.
I got a single still image for Porkens. Scum image scum flip. He knew he was a traitor, looking for someone. Those someones.

Otherwise, I don't have much to comment, just frustration.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

Your current working theory being scum would get pictures and town get videos?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:54 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm busy until October 30th, just keeping up with reading for now. We need more flips and less dead horse kicking. 100+ pages is tiring for a game only in Day 2.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

I mean, even just extrapolating that thought;

"Porkens got image of HoB because he was looking for HoB"
"Maybe a video of bro and sis being hunted by HoB is because your target is HoB looking for them"

Would that make sense to your current thought process for how the clues work?

The 2 thing is really weird and really seems like a HoB crumb, yeah?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3211, Toogeloo wrote:I'm busy until October 30th, just keeping up with reading for now. We need more flips and less dead horse kicking. 100+ pages is tiring for a game only in Day 2.
Welcome to a Large where, for better or worse, a LR decided to, functionally, grant us a 2nd Day 1. :lol:
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:15 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 3210, Thor665 wrote:Your current working theory being scum would get pictures and town get videos?
No. I'm saying I got a clue of scum, on a scum flip.
In post 3212, Thor665 wrote:I mean, even just extrapolating that thought;

"Maybe a video of bro and sis being hunted by HoB is because your target is HoB looking for them"

This is more in line with what I'm thinking. But the vibe of the videos very much rings town to me. How do you feel about the language in the second video? Simon talks about saving river. I feel like if someone were looking for them, an image would suffice, so I feel like the audio is important. And the fact there's two videos.

If I had to believe that Tails is any sort of scum, I wouldn't go HoB. I'd go operative.

But there's a line in my role pm that keeps striking me, making me think Tails is town aligned.

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 3214, Chickadee wrote:
In post 3210, Thor665 wrote:Your current working theory being scum would get pictures and town get videos?

This is more in line with what I'm thinking. But the vibe of the videos very much rings town to me. How do you feel about the language in the second video? Simon talks about saving river. I feel like if someone were looking for them, an image would suffice, so I feel like the audio is important. And the fact there's two videos.

If I had to believe that Tails is any sort of scum, I wouldn't go HoB. I'd go operative.

But there's a line in my role pm that keeps striking me, making me think Tails is town aligned.
1) If the line isn't related to the way your actual role works, then it's irrelevant.
2) If it is related to the way your actual role works, it is relevant, and should be shared. If you have any concerns about whether you can or can not share something, draft up a post including the information, send it to the moderator, and ask for their judgement before you post it in the thread.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3216 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3175, Tails wrote:1.)Should first posts be taken seriously or at face value? Yes/No
2.)Why would Nico blatantly crumb a scum role that would be heavily suspected to be in this game? Is she just that bad? If so, did anyone do any meta on her and see if she normally does this and if this has any bearing on this game? (I'm going to guess no on this last one, but I'm willing to be surprised.)
3.)If Nico actually crumbed scum, why was I informed by the mod that the slot had made zero game related posts? (You can choose to believe this or not, or ignore this or not, but my point is to show how ridiculous this reasoning is. I personally feel like I fell into a Monty Python sketch. I literally have to argue against ludicrousy.)

P-edit: :neutral:
In post 3181, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 3180, Tails wrote:We can play 20 questions all you want. But stop acting insulted when I show how useless you're actually being. And if you're not actually scumhunting, then there's reason to believe you might not be town.
I'm NOT FUCKING ACTING YOU PIECE OF SHIT. YOU CAN'T JUDGE ME AS USELESS UNLESS YOUVE ACTUALLY READ ALL OF MY POSTS SO ACTUALLY GO FUCK YOURSELF.
That escalated quickly
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3217 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:03 am

In post 3215, Reasonably Rational wrote:

1) If the line isn't related to the way your actual role works, then it's irrelevant.
2) If it is related to the way your actual role works, it is relevant, and should be shared. If you have any concerns about whether you can or can not share something, draft up a post including the information, send it to the moderator, and ask for their judgement before you post it in the thread.

-Cerb
Also, another thing: Do you think that you'll always get a image of scum, when copping scum? That is, do you think that your role is functionally a day cop, though it tries to obfuscate that fact that giving you clues in the form of pictures/videos?

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3218 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@Tails what is your knowledge of the flavor?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3219 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 3217, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3215, Reasonably Rational wrote:

-Cerb
Also, another thing: Do you think that you'll always get a image of scum, when copping scum? That is, do you think that your role is functionally a day cop, though it tries to obfuscate that fact that giving you clues in the form of pictures/videos?

-Cerb
Hard to say with the small amount of results I have.

As for the line in my role pm: it says the clue could be something I was involved in with the character. Like an event or conversation. It doesn't have to be, that was just one example of something that could be given. I actually did share this information before, but it doesn't seem to stick in anyone else's mind. Knowing I'm town, I have to wonder if all of the ship centric videos mean that Tails is also on the Serenity.

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3220 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Jingle »

I'm actually reasonably sure that the videos mean Tails isn't HoB, having now actually watched them, FWIW.

He could be scum, but HoB is hearing hoofbeats and screaming zebra. There are no zebras in space.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3221 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Jingle »

Also, while I don't disapprove of pressuring Chickadee, we're 150% not lynching there today.
This is a Parachute.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3222 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:39 am

In post 3220, Jingle wrote:I'm actually reasonably sure that the videos mean Tails isn't HoB, having now actually watched them, FWIW.

He could be scum, but HoB is hearing hoofbeats and screaming zebra. There are no zebras in space.
Please explain what you get from the videos and why. It would be very helpful to us since we're doing our usual thing in our hydra PT.

~D
Show

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3223 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Jingle »

The HoB don't show up in the movie.

The first video is a trailer for the movie.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3224 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Jingle »

From the Serenity wiki:

"In the Serenity comics, the blue "gloves" are shown to extend to and cover the upper body as well. They were finally killed when Serenity's engine flare incinerated them, and the Alliance passes the assignment to retrieve the Tams to the Operative, explaining why it is he and not them in the movie Serenity who is chasing them."
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”