Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by Tails »

1.)Should first posts be taken seriously or at face value? Yes/No
2.)Why would Nico blatantly crumb a scum role that would be heavily suspected to be in this game? Is she just that bad? If so, did anyone do any meta on her and see if she normally does this and if this has any bearing on this game? (I'm going to guess no on this last one, but I'm willing to be surprised.)
3.)If Nico actually crumbed scum, why was I informed by the mod that the slot had made zero game related posts? (You can choose to believe this or not, or ignore this or not, but my point is to show how ridiculous this reasoning is. I personally feel like I fell into a Monty Python sketch. I literally have to argue against ludicrousy.)

P-edit: :neutral:
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3171, Tails wrote:And that's not even counting the useless questions that she uses instead of scumhunting. And if you don't know what that is, that's any question that would be answered the same regardless of role or alignment. They're questions that add nothing to the game, but makes it look like you're contributing. They're also sometimes used to get easy wagons if the recipient goes off script and gets snarky.

P-edit: What was scummy about my entrance? Because I'm guessing you don't like snark.
Can you like actually stfu about my playstyle. All you've done is bitch and moan and insult my intelligence based on one post. It makes you look very scummy that you continue to push this one point and then give a dumb scum tell that makes zero sense. If you actually want to discern my alignment, take your own effing advice and try to see how my motivation makes no sense as scum.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Tails »

@Chara: You never answered the question on what you didn't like about my entrance. You can accuse me of deflecting all you want, but that doesn't work if you don't actually answer what I asked.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Tails »

Cheeky:

What do these 2 questions add to the game:
1.) What's your alignment?
2.) What was your predecessor crumbing?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3178, Tails wrote:Cheeky:

What do these 2 questions add to the game:
1.) What's your alignment?
2.) What was your predecessor crumbing?
Hey Tails, how many posts do I have? And again if you had read the fucking game you would fucking understand why those questions made sense.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by Tails »

We can play 20 questions all you want. But stop acting insulted when I show how useless you're actually being. And if you're not actually scumhunting, then there's reason to believe you might not be town.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3180, Tails wrote:We can play 20 questions all you want. But stop acting insulted when I show how useless you're actually being. And if you're not actually scumhunting, then there's reason to believe you might not be town.
I'm NOT FUCKING ACTING YOU PIECE OF SHIT. YOU CAN'T JUDGE ME AS USELESS UNLESS YOUVE ACTUALLY READ ALL OF MY POSTS SO ACTUALLY GO FUCK YOURSELF.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

VOTE: Tails

Cheeky never had a replacement. She's been here since the beginning.

Also now she's mad and I'm sad she is mad.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 3177, Tails wrote:@Chara: You never answered the question on what you didn't like about my entrance. You can accuse me of deflecting all you want, but that doesn't work if you don't actually answer what I asked.
deflecting? i think i just said you were trying your best to convince Rational and others you're being wagoned for your personality.

your entrance was scummy. i haven't gotten any real sense of hunting from you besides "might have something on Jingle", a general dislike of Cheeky, and a willingness to lynch McMenno.
granted i've checked out of this game recently. who did you say the scum on your wagon was?

pedit: hm. ok. Cheeky, scum accusing you of lying isn't something i find particularly surprising nor something to be angry about. assuming Tails is scum, which i am and thought you were.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Tails »

I don't care how many posts you have! Posting a lot does not make you town. Just like posting less does not make you scum. Activity is not alignment indicative.

And since you won't answer a basic question, how about I help you:

1.)What's your alignment?
Regardless of their actual alignment, your subject will always answer "Town". Unless they're being snarky or just avoid answering altogether. Asking this actually doesn't accomplish anything.

2.)What was your predecessor crumbing?
Assuming that I read my predecessor (I didn't and made clear I was not reading a lot of the back log of this game.), why would I answer? If I don't have a PR, I'll be confused and answer "I don't know." And if I have a PR, then I'm still going to answer "I don't know.", because I'm not going to tell you my role genius! At best, this gives you something you can try to use to look like a scum tell, but regardless of alignment or role, you are not going to get a "Yes" answer from this question.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ugh. I was enjoying this game until this idiot came along. I'm going to get super toxic so I'm stepping away and might consider repping out because I can't stand this guy.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by Tails »

Chara, read my posts. I've spent several giving reasons why I'm wary about Jingle, and then one just a couple page back with my most recent conclusions. I've given several town reads, of varying strength, and when my wagon started, I stated who was likely town or scum and why.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Chara »

3184 is a whole lot of words to say something obvious a prove a point that didn't need to be proven nor is really valuable to prove, seeing as town ask seemingly useless questions all the time because they tend to be human beings.
one could almost say it's a very useless post!

pedit: i'm not reading your ISO unless you read mine. :P
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Tails »

If it's an obvious point that needed to be proven, then why did no one call her out or act like she somehow gave them gold by getting the answer everyone expected?
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Tails »

*didn't need to be proven
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by Tails »

Like people are getting mad because I'm daring to add pressure, i.e. playing the game and trying to find scum. Then they turn around and accuse me of scumhunting while patting those I'm pressuring on the back.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by Tails »

*not scumhunting
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by Chara »

because nobody cared that she asked a random question, i imagine. and considering we have two claimed neutrals and Rational said "the next Neutral to hide, i'm lynching, so speak now or forever hold your peace", it was actually a pertinent question.

also i see your Jaber scumread, i don't see an answer to "who's the scum on your wagon, Tails?"
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Tails (5):
Reasonably Rational (2914),Flicker (2952),Chara (3104),Malakittens (3110),Elsa Jay (3182),
Light Ethos (3):
Nancy Drew Shogunate (2814),Chickadee (2988),BuJaber (3058),
BuJaber (3):
CheekyTeeky (3060),Tails (3066),Gamma Emerald (3113),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (1):
Thor665 (2092),
Chickadee (1):
Toogeloo (2872),
CheekyTeeky (1):
Light Ethos (2985),
Not voting (2):
Aristophanes (2912),Jingle (3143),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Tails ... I don't suppose if I just said
fundamental attribution error
, that would be enough for you to check yourself and calm down and stop slinging attacks?

~D
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Tails »

Chara:
In post 3039, Tails wrote:Because Reading Rainbow is just wrong. Jingle is a coin toss. Cheeky is scum or town that thinks going "gotcha" is scumhunting. Flickr seems easily influenced. Yours was the first actual opportunistic vote. You saw the shiny and went for it.

And you never showed any indication that you thought I was scum before. And we had a whole conversation about how Rowdy Racoon looked town.

P-edit: You seem to have no problem jumping on the train that says I'm scum for random gibberish in a first post. I mean, I show up at every party asking if anyone's seen my pants, but I doubt anyone thinks my twin tail exhibitionism is how I secretly win at Chinese Checkers.
So translated:
RR - town
Jingle - Won't know until a HoB flip. Don't trust the Mason claim like everyone else, but I have no interest in trying to lynch him. I've given more detailed thoughts on my wariness 2 pages back.
Cheeky - Been upgraded to most likely scum. Could still be dumb town, but I'm getting fed up, and we'll probably find the math works out in favor of her being scum.
Flickr - I think I had them as likely town due to their claim. But I saw that as a sheep vote
BJ - opportunistic vote. Scum

Since then:
Chara - Null. Can probably be figured out by VCA later.
Mala - I believe the lyncher claim. She's absolutely going to be on the strongest wagon, no matter what.
Elsa- Definitely 3p. Not sold on Doctor. Can't get the flavor to work in my head. Ascetic + BP would work well for a SK, but Jingle doesn't think that's possible.

Off the wagon:
Nancy - Strong Town
Chickadee - Likely town. May be biased, but I think I figured some things out about the role, and if I'm right, she's town.
Thor - Don't care. Will figure out later.
Toog/Ari - Could lynch both, but have no strong feelings either way
Ehos - I seemed to be a counter wagon to McMenno, so could be scum. Other than that, no clue.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Tails »

Drixx, if you want me to take this absurdity seriously, then at least addressing the list at the top of the page would go a long way. It'd be nice to see you've done your homework.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3153, Chickadee wrote:Then flip me Drixx. Do it.
I can understand being annoyed at someone - but for whatever annoyance you have towards Drixx he *did* lay out a fairly comprehensive series of issues with how you're approaching your reads and results and you're hardcore ducking addressing those issues and resorting to just empty attacks.

1. If you're town, this does not help sort the day.
2. If you're scum, you're looking super obvious, and so also shouldn't be doing this.

Please try again?

Why do you think the one video (on TPFKAP) was so slight in actual connection with who he was, and the other is super direct? That seems like a big issue.
In post 3156, BuJaber wrote:@Thor - why not Menno thouhh? Also it was really only 4 of us max.. the same 4 people who think menno is scum are flip flopping between him and other wagons.
Why not? Because of the reasons I listed. Would you like to address why those reasons are non-legit?

I agree it is a limited pool of people acting suspect, and that either they are scum with an agenda or town being blinded to logic - I'm not sure where you're going with this as a rebuttal of my thought though. Clarify?
In post 3184, Tails wrote:1.)What's your alignment?
Regardless of their actual alignment, your subject will always answer "Town". Unless they're being snarky or just avoid answering altogether. Asking this actually doesn't accomplish anything.

2.)What was your predecessor crumbing?
Assuming that I read my predecessor (I didn't and made clear I was not reading a lot of the back log of this game.), why would I answer? If I don't have a PR, I'll be confused and answer "I don't know." And if I have a PR, then I'm still going to answer "I don't know.", because I'm not going to tell you my role genius! At best, this gives you something you can try to use to look like a scum tell, but regardless of alignment or role, you are not going to get a "Yes" answer from this question.
1. I'll agree that asking someone's alignment is not super helpful - at the same stage, if you've played more than two games here on site you also have to be blatantly aware that this empty question is asked often, and is often asked by town. So I don't get the point in bothering to even talk about it, because as far as I've ever been able to tell asking it is NAI. Yeah?

2. This isn't a particularly valid rebuttal. Your slot is under a lot of stress even with a theory Cop clear arguing in your defense. It is under this stress, to a large part, because of how that '2' stuff went down. As a player, if you are town, it should be relatively simple to try to assess if that was a crumb and the reasoning for it with your role, and it's hardly a shock that you are looking like a likely lynch and should be getting emotionally ready to reveal your role if not already doing so.

Why are you dogging so hard on Cheeky for asking 1. A NAI question and 2. A very valid question?
Hell, pretty sure I asked #2 as well - don't recall you crawling up my leg about it.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I didn't remember you listing reasons for why Menno is town, I went back and it seems you sort of do because he tried to start a wagon on me EoD1 but your main points recently are that there are slots that you think are better lynches, correct?

I'm surprised you can actually townread the slot. Like I can see why some might not think the slot is scummy, but I can't see how it can be anything better than a null. Unless cheeky is confirmed scum there's no reason to townread sky/menno. And even if cheeky is scum, all we know is he's not on her scumteam.

If it's not about him but about other slots being scummier.. I'm not really seeing scum!NDS here.. and Tails I agree with but I think he will be lynched without my vote anyway so I'm interested in seeing who else he will suspect for pushing him. Also it will feel sweeter for his wagon to get hammered without me.

And on the off chance he is town somehow happy to keep giving himself the excuse of not reading, this gives me a chance to learn more about how he thinks. If he thinks I am scum but I don't vote him and enough people do vote him he will have to explain it somehow in his mind. The only two possibilities from his pov would be that town all got deceived and mislead into voting him or that my hypothetical partners will have to join the wagon to make up for my missing vote.

If we're going to play together again sometime disecting his thought process could come in handy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3198, BuJaber wrote:I didn't remember you listing reasons for why Menno is town, I went back and it seems you sort of do because he tried to start a wagon on me EoD1 but your main points recently are that there are slots that you think are better lynches, correct?
Yes, that is my main point.
In post 3198, BuJaber wrote:I'm surprised you can actually townread the slot. Like I can see why some might not think the slot is scummy, but I can't see how it can be anything better than a null. Unless cheeky is confirmed scum there's no reason to townread sky/menno. And even if cheeky is scum, all we know is he's not on her scumteam.
This then accelerates off to not attack my main point, nor even my stance.
In post 3198, BuJaber wrote:If it's not about him but about other slots being scummier.. I'm not really seeing scum!NDS here.. and Tails I agree with but I think he will be lynched without my vote anyway so I'm interested in seeing who else he will suspect for pushing him. Also it will feel sweeter for his wagon to get hammered without me.
Why do you not see NDS scum? What are your thoughts on my wagon analysis considering now the new claims we have?
WHat are your thoughts on that slots actual contributions?

So you think Tails is scum, and fully expect him to be lynched by others so you can analyze that yet don't see how avoiding that wagon is then a very valid thing for me to analyze? I don't follow this point.
In post 3198, BuJaber wrote:And on the off chance he is town somehow happy to keep giving himself the excuse of not reading, this gives me a chance to learn more about how he thinks. If he thinks I am scum but I don't vote him and enough people do vote him he will have to explain it somehow in his mind. The only two possibilities from his pov would be that town all got deceived and mislead into voting him or that my hypothetical partners will have to join the wagon to make up for my missing vote.

If we're going to play together again sometime disecting his thought process could come in handy.
I don't see how this is relevant to pushing a counter wagon on him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”