Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4125 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4124, jjh927 wrote:He thinks I'd be scumclaiming by using my ability

Of course, I disagree
I gathered that he does and of course you do XD

I'm morecurious about the why, because this seems like a pretty decent ability for either faction, but scum abilities are usually far less visual than something like this!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4126 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

i assumed that he's making an unfunny troll
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4127 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by jjh927 »

We just had someone else replace out, because the game is long while little is happening. There is not enough pressure to make decisions. The game is essentially in the hands of Mastina, who can either show she is capable of taking action or I will remove it from her control. I would rather risk a mislynch than have town get any more detached from this game. If I have to be the bad guy to achieve this then so be it, but I'm deadly serious.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4128 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3985, Jingle wrote:More to the point, though, mastina isn't the one holding the thread hostage. Note how when we actually reach a lynch consensus, the game goes fast? When mastina gladiated Chick yesterday, it took about a day for 15 No Lynch votes to happen. That gladiate happened less than 48 hours before deadline, with 7 people on the wagon. We would have deadline no lynched without the gladiate. If we actually scumhunt outside of "mastina's role so OP, lets derp flashwagon it and complain and do absofuckinglutely nothing else" we wouldn't have had a game 'held hostage' by a player. We'd have had a game, in which instead of flipping our mislynches stay around and continue talking. It's not rocket science why that's good.
The problem here is not "mastina isn't taking the entire game into her hands and hero shooting." The problem is that we have a bunch of people not doing anything. You think holding the thread hostage to make mastina gladiate earlier is going to fix that? You, who is hard townreading mastina but thinks her reasoning is wrong? What do we gain from making mastina gladiate without input from the votes makes people more likely to be readable? You think that fights thread apathy?

And, specifically, you think that NOW? After I called out that focusing on mastina instead of scumhunting to show who you want gladiated is EXACTLY what is wrong with this thread? So, now that there's a glimmer of hope that people will actually play the game instead of wallowing in apathy, you want to hold the thread hostage? Bullshit.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4129 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4125, Aristophanes wrote:I'm morecurious about the why, because this seems like a pretty decent ability for either faction, but scum abilities are usually far less visual than something like this!
There is literally 0 utility in his role from town. The correct play is to never ever use it.

There is crazy high scum utility in his role. Like: exactly what he's doing right now.
This is a Parachute.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4130 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In order for Mastina to gladiate without compromising her principles, other people are going to have to vote on who to gladiate
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4131 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Mastina could literally speed this game up but she doesn't care to do so. So it kinda looks she's scum just sitting back and letting this game spiral out of control. Also the ppl not doing anything aren't being pressured by her or anyone but me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4132 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 4107, jjh927 wrote:
In post 4088, jjh927 wrote:
@RC any chance of a VC?
I'd still like this and I'm willing to collect hurt tags if people want to be scared of voting now
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4133 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4129, Jingle wrote:
In post 4125, Aristophanes wrote:I'm morecurious about the why, because this seems like a pretty decent ability for either faction, but scum abilities are usually far less visual than something like this!
There is literally 0 utility in his role from town. The correct play is to never ever use it.

There is crazy high scum utility in his role. Like: exactly what he's doing right now.
I mean, it looks like he just wants the game to progress, and it also looks like mastina is grinding the days way too long before gladiating. Our choices then are to wait for her or to lynch before she uses it, neither of which appear that helpful. If jjh wants to make things happen I am somewhat okay with this!

Like, what is the scum motivation and utility here? He announced his intent to use it so anyone who wants to remove a vote can. It seems well intentioned and possibly very helpful to me tbqh
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4134 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Like Jingle, this is a seemingly huge overreation.
- Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4135 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 4131, Nero Cain wrote:Mastina could literally speed this game up but she doesn't care to do so. So it kinda looks she's scum just sitting back and letting this game spiral out of control. Also the ppl not doing anything aren't being pressured by her or anyone but me.
Also this; I'm growing more concerned that this is exactly how the disloyal scum version of her role would play after she claimed without realising how useful her role would be to town.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4136 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I don't think I really care whether or not she's the town loyal or disloyal scum version rn though
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4137 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well, what I've been thinking is that us no lynching is actually helping the scum team alot and jingle wanting us to continue to use the gladiate and no lynch is pro-scum.

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #4138 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Skygazer »

ye honestly i wish we had more info other than "oh these two people might be town if mastina is town and not lying about her role"
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #4139 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Skygazer »

hi im drunk
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4140 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by jjh927 »

But yeah I say let Jingle react how he likes because it's reasonable to question me playing in a way that is mechanically suboptimal
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4141 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

How does mastina hipshooting her gladiates solve thread apathy?

By making people take stances upon which they can be read and interact with each other? Fuck that shit. The problem isn't with mastina. The problem is with the complete lack of anything being done in the thread.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4142 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, even if Mastina is town we could just rando gladiate and we'd be fine I think. There's literally no point in scum hunt and give the scum team information.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4143 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4140, jjh927 wrote:But yeah I say let Jingle react how he likes because it's reasonable to question me playing in a way that is mechanically suboptimal
I mean...aren't mastina and Jingle playing the suboptimal game here? Nero is right!
- Jingle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4144 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4134, Aristophanes wrote:Like Jingle, this is a seemingly huge overreation.
If jj ever uses his ability, his will be the only lynch I support on that day. No exceptions.

If you'd like to change my mind, give me a single scenario in which it is protown to have a portion of the playerlist unable to change their votes.
This is a Parachute.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4145 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Varsoon »

^ Which is driven by the roles.
It's just not a setup that was put together well, imo. No shit to the mod, I actually appreciate someone taking the time to run a game with a lot of huge power in regards to voting mechanics, but I don't think it works because it fucks with a fundamental aspect of the game of mafia.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4146 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4139, Skygazer wrote:hi im drunk
Hi drunk, I'm dad!
- Jingle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4147 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4142, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, even if Mastina is town we could just rando gladiate and we'd be fine I think. There's literally no point in scum hunt and give the scum team information.
How do you find scum in a game of mafia?

Is it dice tags? Cause that is genuinely what you're suggesting.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4148 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but yelling, oh "no one is scumhunting" No one is scumhunting b/c Mastina isn't pressuring anyone with her investigate so scum is sitting back and doing nothing.

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #4149 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Skygazer »