Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Moment »

LLD, would you mind explaining to me what's "obviously scum" about Karmeleon's response in ?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Firebringer »

RC if you don’t pair with me I am not pairing with anyone else, just so that’s on the record.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:47 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i'm not gonna pair with you unless i'm 100% sure you're town
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:47 am

Post by shortaru »

In post 145, Moment wrote:
In post 142, shortaru wrote:
In post 138, Brian Skies wrote:This game would have been more fun to spectate, to be honest.

I'll be back later when I care more about analyzing than laughing at some of the things that's been said so far.
Scum equity, here.
I disagree. I would come to the exact opposite conclusion, actually.
Breeding apathy, no spice... why do you townread that post?
Does this post forward a scum win con, or do you just think I'm strange?

Strange != Scum
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 153, RadiantCowbells wrote:i'm not gonna pair with you unless i'm 100% sure you're town
You are never that sure I am Town lol
Could have just said ur not pairing with me bro
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Moment »

In post 154, shortaru wrote:Breeding apathy, no spice... why do you townread that post?
"Breeding apathy"? I think your thoughts of how scum play are far too grand. I think very infrequently do scum actually have some kind of master plan like that, and even if they did I sincerely doubt that it would take the form of a single two line post among a sea of other spam. I think if you consider the mindset behind that post, it shows an element of frustration; Brian thinks that one or more of us are being stupid and doesn't exactly want to jump into the thread. Dealing with people who you think are being stupid is often a chore as town, but as scum can give you the opportunity to be LAMIST, to over-explain things, and to basically write a lot of words without really having to come up with anything truly difficult to come up with.

Of course, I wouldn't place a huge amount of strength into a read based on that single post, but in a vacuum I'd say it's more likely to come from town that scum. At the very least, I don't think your reasons for scumreading it are particularly reliable.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 151, Moment wrote:LLD, would you mind explaining to me what's "obviously scum" about Karmeleon's response in ?
It misrepresents my point.

My point was his early posts and reactions were bad and tonally sounded like I've explained before. Then, I had a moment of pause, considering his join date (similar to Shotoko or whatveer you spell it).

So I asked if he was a hydra or alt, to determine whether he was new or experienced.

His line here suggests I am asking it based on some kind of inane reason that isn't relevant, so it's dodging the actual accusation, clearly that I was aiming for his experience level, in favour of trying to subvert the issue.

On its own, no one post is scum, but the reaction+tone+further posting once I began to lock him as scum in my mind has continued to line up.

I even mentioned that one of the posts looks bad but is likely alignment non indicative, but the other one looks scum. I think the words I used were "we are getting a preponderance of the evidence that this person is scum". Basically I'm saying "his posts add up to this, no one post is the single reason, but he has a ton of bad posts here is why they are bad".

Does this translate?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:56 am

In post 156, Moment wrote:
In post 154, shortaru wrote:Breeding apathy, no spice... why do you townread that post?
"Breeding apathy"? I think your thoughts of how scum play are far too grand. I think very infrequently do scum actually have some kind of master plan like that, and even if they did I sincerely doubt that it would take the form of a single two line post among a sea of other spam. I think if you consider the mindset behind that post, it shows an element of frustration; Brian thinks that one or more of us are being stupid and doesn't exactly want to jump into the thread. Dealing with people who you think are being stupid is often a chore as town, but as scum can give you the opportunity to be LAMIST, to over-explain things, and to basically write a lot of words without really having to come up with anything truly difficult to come up with.

Of course, I wouldn't place a huge amount of strength into a read based on that single post, but in a vacuum I'd say it's more likely to come from town that scum. At the very least, I don't think your reasons for scumreading it are particularly reliable.

Ok, first off my dude?

Dude joined the site like 2 weeks ago and I don't know his experience level but "I think your thoughts of how scum play are far too grand" is like, not helpful.

Second off, he's right and you're wrong. Scum plan, scum plot, scum have intentions and attack vectors.

Intentionality and motivation are a huge part of finding scum and rooting them out and the fact that you think that scum creating apathy isn't a weapon in their arsenal, let alone one of their best ones in a game mode like this, then boy have I got a bridge in brooklyn I'd love to sell you.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:57 am

Here's a better litmus test for Moment.

YO MOMENT.

WHAT ARE YOUR READS, CURRENTLY.

Since you seem to be going around the game and telling everyone their reads are wrong, I should assume you have a bunch of strong town reads ya?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:57 am

Post by shortaru »

In post 156, Moment wrote:I think if you consider the mindset behind that post, it shows an element of frustration
Right. I always laugh when I'm frustrated. :igmeou:
In post 156, Moment wrote:Dealing with people who you think are being stupid is often a chore as town, but as scum can give you the opportunity to be LAMIST, to over-explain things, and to basically write a lot of words without really having to come up with anything truly difficult to come up with.
And was that a subtle jab, I detected? :igmeou:

Strange != Scum
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:58 am

Post by MariaR »

U-um hi
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:59 am

In post 161, MariaR wrote:U-um hi
MARIA

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:00 am

FUCKIN SAVE ME I NEED SO MUCH SANITY CHECK THIS GAME

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 163, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:FUCKIN SAVE ME I NEED SO MUCH SANITY CHECK THIS GAME
Lololol
Show

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:00 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 27, DVa wrote:Image

Hi fam!

We should just ask our townreads to the dance basically right?

Karmeleon, do you go by Karmy? What's the short version of your name?
Well that seems like the basics but sometimes pairs are more better thought out by the group. Town doesn't normally like to do that though because 'teamwork'
Pedit: What's going on LLD what am I missing
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:02 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 38, DVa wrote:I like your style.

Karmy, would you like to go to the dance... with me?
TvT pair right here imo I don't mind it.
In post 44, Malakittens wrote:I don’t even know you! I’m okay with an early p2 read from someone I know
This feels a little forced
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:03 am

Post by shortaru »

In post 165, MariaR wrote:
In post 27, DVa wrote:Image

Hi fam!

We should just ask our townreads to the dance basically right?

Karmeleon, do you go by Karmy? What's the short version of your name?
Well that seems like the basics but sometimes pairs are more better thought out by the group. Town doesn't normally like to do that though because 'teamwork'
Pedit: What's going on LLD what am I missing
Since this is a Sadie Hawkins dance, maybe you ladies can show us barbarians how it's done.

Strange != Scum
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Moment »

In post 158, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Dude joined the site like 2 weeks ago and I don't know his experience level but "I think your thoughts of how scum play are far too grand" is like, not helpful.
Not helpful? I'm explaining my opinion and how it differs from his. Isn't that a large part of this entire game? If my doing that isn't helpful, I would be interested to hear why what I said specifically isn't helpful as compared to anyone else explaining a differing opinion.
Second off, he's right and you're wrong. Scum plan, scum plot, scum have intentions and attack vectors.
I don't disagree. I think a majority of the time scum simply play things "as is", attempting to appear towny and just survive, but yes, sometimes there are specific plans. The point that I was trying to get across there was that I don't think it was correct to see a plot like that in the singular post that he was looking at.
Intentionality and motivation are a huge part of finding scum and rooting them out and the fact that you think that scum creating apathy isn't a weapon in their arsenal, let alone one of their best ones in a game mode like this, then boy have I got a bridge in brooklyn I'd love to sell you.
I think it's entirely possible that scum might try to create apathy in a specific situation. I don't think this is that situation, nor do I think that kind of plan could be seen within a single post - I think it would have to be seen over a period of time.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:03 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 47, Firebringer wrote:
Would you care to dance mr RadiantBells
In post 52, Firebringer wrote:Come on people this is like pregame no serious business

This is for shit posts and trolling only
In post 53, Firebringer wrote:I am scumreading rc
The troll is you asking RC to dance seriously B)
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

Fuck I told you guys not to spam
Well I can't catch up til tonight sorry
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:05 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 92, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 8, RadiantCowbells wrote:Most importantly I'd like there two be at least two unquestionably TvT pairings that don't include me and I'd like to dance with ideally low priority nightkill town as well
My thoughts on this setup after playing it the first time is that we should go for

3 pairings of the most townie people with townie people (one is gonna die to scum's nightkill, and if we rely too heavily on being right for sure on the other one we can be screwed. Odds are we find at least one T+T pairing in the remaining 2).

Then we pair the remaining groups wiht the following values in mind:

Most townie remaining Lady -> Least Townie remaining Gent

by definition it'll create some TvT pairings but I think more importantly, it allows for us to put high trust targets with low trust targets. I also considered doing like 3 bad with bads for them to agree to die, but basically we need to have pairings where we can read them while also relying that there is a solid town person able to leave the dance if necessary.
While I agree this is 100% the best way and style to go at it. No one is gonna do it because people are playing to have fun first win second. If people want to match with friends there sadly gonna do it most likely. (Ugh I wish I was a gent so we could dance LLD)
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:06 am

Post by shortaru »

In post 170, SirCakez wrote:Fuck I told you guys not to spam
Well I can't catch up til tonight sorry
Now THIS seems like genuine frustration, Moment.

Strange != Scum
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Firebringer »

No it doesnt
Show

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:06 am

Post by MariaR »

Now that I think about it me and LLD being a dance would get us auto lynched because we're both good scum players and that's all people would really need to push us >_>
pedit: That anger can be real but it's NAI anger.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”